About sealclubbing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Rebirth_39 #1 Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:13 PM

Sergeant

• 33354 battles
  • [CATS]

I dont like how people think that people who like to play low tiers are somehow thought to be super despicable, when they are just trying to have fun like how most people are in this game. If u look at it positively, noobs can learn from these "sealclubbers" by not doing noob things and make them better in the long run right? 

The argument is that "newer people will stop playing the game because of these sealclubbers." well if they were going to stop just because they lose a few times means that they werent going to be play for very long anyways even they won a lot as they played during the begging, cos eventually the game WILL make you rage no matter how calm of a person you are. (i think thats why people r hatin on sealclubbers anyways)

ZIGZAGZ #2 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• 20375 battles
  • [KILLS]

I feel that the majority of hate for seal clubbers is when they go overboard with their banter in game whilst boasting about their win rate. Especially complaining about noobs playing like noobs AT LOWER TIERS. Fosknow is the perfect example.

Those 60% 'unicums' who played 60,000 Tier 4/5 battles, and hide behind that propped up win rate complaining about the team after losing a T10 battle are also another side show that gives these players the bad name.

IMO:

After so many battles. I've come to realised that the ten tiers are all there for you to play with. If I only played T9/10 all day long, i'd be bored very quickly. Also, the game mechanics requires you to drop to lower tiers to farm credits for new tanks and upgrades. I run out of credits very easily at Tier 10. There should be no shame at all with dropping to lower tiers to grind. Especially if you do not own a premium.

I also agree with you that seal clubbers do not really stop new players from playing. In fact, when i first started, I liked to watch my team mates fight after i die, to learn a thing or two. Imagine if i got to watch unicums play. That's a lot of practical lessons to take away.

Now, i completely abhor playing T5 and below. The matchmaking is so rigged and unfair to unicums, that my 30 day win rate for T10s is even higher than T5s. Which shouldn't make sense at all. WG basically ruined T1-5 for me and other long time players. Thankfully, i've got T8 premiums i got from free gold. Those days of going back to T5 to grind credits in my Pz III/IV are over. But it has still left a sour taste in my mouth, especially after i tried to grind the Japanese line for the first time last month, and met with so much poor matchmaking and long wait times. 

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 14 March 2019 - 01:16 AM.

Gandalf__Greyhame #3 Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]
Tier 1-4 is completely ruined now . I used to like playing tier 4 and 5 at times . Had a good time playing DW2 , Pz4 D and stuff . Tier  5 games in a KV1 or a T34 or a Pz used to be quite fun . Don't remember the last time I played a tier 5 game .Now lower tiers are quite bad . Plus almost impossible to actually get into a low tier game . 

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 13 March 2019 - 05:19 PM.

Neb10k #4 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:02 PM

Captain

• 60409 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 13 March 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Tier 1-4 is completely ruined now . I used to like playing tier 4 and 5 at times . Had a good time playing DW2 , Pz4 D and stuff . Tier  5 games in a KV1 or a T34 or a Pz used to be quite fun . Don't remember the last time I played a tier 5 game .Now lower tiers are quite bad . Plus almost impossible to actually get into a low tier game . 

What he said.

ankitgusai19 #5 Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 47032 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostRebirth_39, on 13 March 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

I dont like how people think that people who like to play low tiers are somehow thought to be super despicable, when they are just trying to have fun like how most people are in this game. If u look at it positively, noobs can learn from these "sealclubbers" by not doing noob things and make them better in the long run right? 

The argument is that "newer people will stop playing the game because of these sealclubbers." well if they were going to stop just because they lose a few times means that they werent going to be play for very long anyways even they won a lot as they played during the begging, cos eventually the game WILL make you rage no matter how calm of a person you are. (i think thats why people r hatin on sealclubbers anyways)

Agree, I used to play certain tanks just for fun, but since the "revamp" I haven't played much, I tried though, its just not the same.

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #6 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:19 PM

Sergeant

• 11810 battles
  • [SUB40]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 13 March 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

The amx 40 and su-85b were the most utterly broken tanks at tier 4. The amx was overnerfed in 5.5. I dont know how the su is faring these days. The T82 was my absolute favourite low-tier tank of all time

erwin10001 #7 Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 38730 battles
  • [SEALZ]
To me, an op tank is one that is effective against higher tier tanks. Su85b n amx do not fit that description. That is one of the reasons why dw2 was good. It was a t4 tank that could effectively fight kv1. The route to 70% in tier 4 is the ability to kill t5 heavies ...

__GetFunked__ #8 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:35 AM

Sergeant

• 2919 battles
  • [GNG]

View Posterwin10001, on 15 March 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

To me, an op tank is one that is effective against higher tier tanks. Su85b n amx do not fit that description. That is one of the reasons why dw2 was good. It was a t4 tank that could effectively fight kv1. The route to 70% in tier 4 is the ability to kill t5 heavies ...

Absolutely, the DW was king. I never understood why others would say tanks like the Hetzer were the best tier 4...useless at tier 5.

Special mention to the PZ IV D and that American turreted TD at tier 4 though, they were also great at tier 4 and fairly decent at tier 5.

The_Gaffer #9 Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:25 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

It’s no secret that I always found tier 5 to be the best tier for me. I liked the tanks and I liked the pace. Battles were fairly quick. It’s not the win-rate. Not for all of us, anyway. I have tier 6/7/8 tanks that I maintained 65%-70% win-rates in over hundreds of battles but I didn’t enjoy them nearly as much. Then fantasy tanks arrived and I totally lost interest. I never played much above tier 8.

If you think that MM is skewed against experienced players (I have no reason to doubt that, especially given their statements), then perhaps create a re-roll account to let off steam. There will be no connection to your current account, so you will be treated like a new player. That won’t suit everyone as I understand the appeal of focusing on one account but it can be very interesting to see how different it can be with a new account. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users