"Report this player"

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Gandalf__Greyhame #21 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View Postdouble_edge, on 13 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Like I said earlier in my post, I've tried going up the hill in vk many times - and you know what happened? Well let me tell you...the mt's get overconfident because the entire team is following them, they charge the enemy and die cheaply and we're down 1 tank. Then another mt will die cheaply and now we're down 2, all the while I'm still climbing.

Then these idiots start shouting 'no support', 'nub team', etc. By now I'm in position but since we're down 2 tanks, the enemy pushes and surrounds us. I fire a couple shots but my reload times are long and soon we're down another 2 tanks. At this point it's game over - 3 vs 7.

Guess what happens next? Let me tell you - I'm still full hp because I've sidescraped and the vk can bounce shots well. So the team sees my full hp in a 3 vs 7 scenario and guess what - 'everyone report vk", "nub player", "useless vk", etc. etc.

When I tell you that I have much better win rate playing in town than going up the hill and you don't believe me, then it shows your prejudice! Basically, you're not the captain of the team, you don't tell others where to go!

Alright dude . I tried to explain to you but it seems me and other forumers who are far better players than me are all wrong about the strat on Middleburg . More slow tanks coming up at tier 9 and 10 . Have fun in town on Middleburg . 

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 14 March 2019 - 06:03 AM.

moonhag #22 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:25 AM

Corporal

• 34744 battles
  • [HQ-]
Get your fat tank up the hill, be a team man and the wins will come.If you break up the team due to your map/tank ignorance then you deserved to be reported.LEARN!!!

bigben21 #23 Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

Like I said earlier in my post, I've tried going up the hill in vk many times - and you know what happened? Well let me tell you...the mt's get overconfident because the entire team is following them, they charge the enemy and die cheaply and we're down 1 tank. Then another mt will die cheaply and now we're down 2, all the while I'm still climbing.

Then these idiots start shouting 'no support', 'nub team', etc. By now I'm in position but since we're down 2 tanks, the enemy pushes and surrounds us. I fire a couple shots but my reload times are long and soon we're down another 2 tanks. At this point it's game over - 3 vs 7.

Guess what happens next? Let me tell you - I'm still full hp because I've sidescraped and the vk can bounce shots well. So the team sees my full hp in a 3 vs 7 scenario and guess what - 'everyone report vk", "nub player", "useless vk", etc. etc.

When I tell you that I have much better win rate playing in town than going up the hill and you don't believe me, then it shows your prejudice! Basically, you're not the captain of the team, you don't tell others where to go!

Don’t worry I used to think like you. It’s a long learning process.

In the past I did silly things.... Why go uphill in a slow tank? Went solo. Fought with teammates during matches. Got downvoted. Many others... Guess what, I did those when I was like you now. Having played 7000-8000 games I thought I knew it all. Lol didn’t think I was the exact nub in those games.

Things changed after I started visiting the forum and watched YouTube videos. I started to learn to play proper. I finally realised I was wrong most of the time. And that is when my WR started moving north. Did you even realise most of us who said u should go uphill, none of them have lesser than 10000 games, and I believe their WR likely more than 50%.

So it’s a long learning process. Many of us have been through it. After a while it’s not difficult to know where to move to. And once you get better, I am sure you will enjoy the game more.

Gandalf__Greyhame #24 Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

I would suggest you put up the result screen or the tank composition of both teams so that we can have a clear picture .You and another heavy have gone to town and 5 meds have gone hill . Now there can be three scenarios .

(1) Their entire red team has gone hill : In this case you are left wasting time in town while they wipe out the meds on hill

2)  An equal number of red heavies are in town : Now it depends on the skill of both teams but in this case as well you would have been much better going up as you could have easily won the hill while their heavies were wandering in town .

(3) They have a large number of tanks in town or their whole team is in town : You fire one shot and die . Your team is two tanks down in 30 secs .

There is only situation in which you must go to town : If your entire team goes into town .In this case as well you need to stay put in town and not poke outside . Remember the tanks on the hill have an advantage of being on the higher ground . Your upper plates are flattened and they can easily pen you since they are shooting down on you while it is extremely difficult to pen them shooting from below . No one wants to make fun of you . There are many experienced players on the forum who will help you . But you need to take their advice in the right way and  if you are in denial like a certain Destroyer34 , don't accept your mistakes and blame everything on your teammates then you will continue doing those same mistakes and get even more frustrated .

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 14 March 2019 - 05:03 PM.

ZIGZAGZ #25 Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:52 AM

Sergeant

• 20375 battles
  • [KILLS]

View Postbigben21, on 15 March 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

Don’t worry I used to think like you. It’s a long learning process.

I agree. When I first started playing this game, i was making so many mistakes. But i chose to stay behind after dying, and watch the replays of everyone, to see what could have been done better.  I rushed to Tier 10 within my first 1,300 battles, selling off every tank i had along the way, just to get the Obj 140. Oh boy, what a rough time i had.

I was running 55%~ winrate in my first 10k battles. Horrible. Not just because i did not know the tiers well and was still gaining experience, but also because i used a Mac laptop trackpad to play.... Which I advise nobody to ever do......

Then i started focusing on learning in each tier. With every tier i stayed behind to play until i understood it, i got better.

I used to only aim and shoot at tanks. Now i aim at weak spots, ammo racks, front wheels, crew kills. With regards to this ammo rack targeting, I still am not good at it. But i keep trying. 

When Middleburg first came out, I experimented a lot in terms of where to go, and how to do it. It wasn't a CAPTAIN that told me HILL was the only way to go. It was when I found out that HILL teams were exploiting any enemies in town, by simple virtue of being on top the hill. It was when I realised that any HTs that went to town, effectively sat themselves out of the heat of the battle for more than half of the game time. It was when I realised that sacrificing a couple seconds at the start, to gain control of the game was a better choice. That's when i realised this map had already dictated where we should all go. 

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 15 March 2019 - 04:52 AM.

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #26 Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:48 AM

Sergeant

• 11886 battles
  • [SUB40]

View Postdouble_edge, on 13 March 2019 - 01:04 AM, said:

Exactly, you need to drive the map! I'm a vk100.01 and the map is Middleburg - I can't exactly go up the hill in my slow tank, by the time I reach there half the game would be done. But these idiots think that I should follow them up there and when I don't they report me and encourage others to do the same.

So frustrating!

middleburg is legitimately the most frustrating map ever

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users