"Report this player"

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

double_edge #1 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:23 PM

Corporal

• 7602 battles

What's going on with immature players nowadays? I got reported twice yesterday because at the start of the game I and another tank went right and others went left. This guy says "All left" and when I didn't he says "Report VK", "nub" etc.

Who made them the boss of where people go in the game? WG needs to do something about these people ruining the game!

Fosknow #2 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:15 AM

Captain

• 47196 battles
  • [-IQ-]
Good luck

How bold you are from afar.

ZIGZAGZ #3 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:38 AM

Sergeant

• 19154 battles
  • [KILLS]

The worst are the 40%~ players leading their team to their deaths with their tactical opinions.

Some people should not voice their tactical opinions, unless they know what they are doing.

Many maps in WOTB are not ALL-GO-TOGETHER. Some require you to split Left & Right to get the best out of the map, team line up etc.

Sometimes, it annoys me when the entire team goes into chaos, because 1 nub decided to force everybody to go down his preferred lane, when that is a decision I can immediately see us as losing already.

Those battles, i just deal damage and die, and get on with it. I don't even bother trying anymore. No reason to overtly help the team win, and let the 40% genius think he's doing the right thing. 

Same as when my team chooses to go a direction that I feel is tactically wrong. I'll just go the right direction and 'suicide' defiantly. I don't even bother pinging. I wonder how i even get a 60%+ win rate sometimes, with all that suiciding lol.

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 13 March 2019 - 12:39 AM.

double_edge #4 Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:04 AM

Corporal

• 7602 battles

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 13 March 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

Many maps in WOTB are not ALL-GO-TOGETHER. Some require you to split Left & Right to get the best out of the map, team line up etc.

Exactly, you need to drive the map! I'm a vk100.01 and the map is Middleburg - I can't exactly go up the hill in my slow tank, by the time I reach there half the game would be done. But these idiots think that I should follow them up there and when I don't they report me and encourage others to do the same.

So frustrating!

Lord_Melchett #5 Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 31062 battles
  • [1914]

View Postdouble_edge, on 13 March 2019 - 01:04 AM, said:

Exactly, you need to drive the map! I'm a vk100.01 and the map is Middleburg - I can't exactly go up the hill in my slow tank, by the time I reach there half the game would be done. But these idiots think that I should follow them up there and when I don't they report me and encourage others to do the same.

So frustrating!

Yes, you will get there in time.  If the reds go hill, you will be there in plenty of time, unless your team is so bad that they all die in a minute.  In that case, it doesn't matter if you are in town or on the hill. 

All in all, the best strategy for an encounter battle on Middleburg is to go up together.  Obviously, there are exceptions, like if the reds have meds and you don't ...

But you shouldn't be reported for making a different tactical decision.  That's just juvenile.

Edited by Lord_Melchett, 13 March 2019 - 02:03 AM.

Neb10k #6 Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:12 AM

Captain

• 59773 battles
  • [KR0N0]

So frustrating!

Any tank can get to hill in good time. You dont need to be therr in first three seconds. You have to trust MTs and LTs to hold, and that assumes they meet resistance.

Think about it - you go town alone and enemy go there, what happens? You get smashed.

If you go hill, slowly, at worst you hold rear from hill by time enemy gets through city. A HT at that position, either spawn, is perfect.

If team mates repeatedly called you to hill and warned you not to go, they are going to be frustrated. Esoecially if you get smashed in town and they could read enemy team make up better tgab you - knowing enemy would likely go town.

double_edge #7 Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:37 AM

Corporal

• 7602 battles

View PostNeb10k, on 13 March 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

If team mates repeatedly called you to hill and warned you not to go, they are going to be frustrated. Esoecially if you get smashed in town and they could read enemy team make up better tgab you - knowing enemy would likely go town.

Well to be honest I've tried going up the hill in the vk a few times and by the time I got into position we were 2-3 down and then 4vs7 is always going downhill. I've always done better in my vk in town as I can peek and boom, I can side scrape and because of my long load time can take cover.

It wasn't all team mates just this one player who said 'all left' and then immediately told others to report me.

I guess I'm alone, but I would never tell others to report a player simply because they don't follow in a particular direction.

ZIGZAGZ #8 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:07 AM

Sergeant

• 19154 battles
  • [KILLS]

Wait till you encounter the people who block you from climbing because they want you SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I've been playing Castilla pretty Unorthodox lately. And sometimes, i would drive an AMX 50B or OBJ 140 from Spawn 1 up to the Red Cross (where TDs normally go to) to bypass the entire hillside & drive off to the middle (B cap) marked with a blue line to spot left and right side. Been pretty good success considering my win rate. 

Right at the point, when i start climbing the mini-hill marked is about the time all the ignorant nubs start CRYING and chanting "NUB NUB. Useless. GG. Lose. [edited] you're not supposed to be here"..

And after we win, they all keep quiet.

I swear, TDs and MTs are about the most entitled self-proclaimed players in this game, who claim to know how everyone should play.

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 14 March 2019 - 01:19 AM.

__Grifter__ #9 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 13 March 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

The worst are the 40%~ players leading their team to their deaths with their tactical opinions.

Some people should not voice their tactical opinions, unless they know what they are doing.

Sometimes, it annoys me when the entire team goes into chaos, because 1 nub decided to force everybody to go down his preferred lane, when that is a decision I can immediately see us as losing already.

Those battles, i just deal damage and die, and get on with it. I don't even bother trying anymore. No reason to overtly help the team win, and let the 40% genius think he's doing the right thing. 

Same as when my team chooses to go a direction that I feel is tactically wrong. I'll just go the right direction and 'suicide' defiantly. I don't even bother pinging. I wonder how i even get a 60%+ win rate sometimes, with all that suiciding lol.

Spot on...most early calls by these 40% players is simply because it is the BEST and Quickest route for their own tank and nothing else. It is not made due to team compositions - simply because they don't want to drive their slow HT the long route or vice versa. 

Dont agree with suiciding though - some times we just have to suck it up, do our best to help the team to win despite knowing the tactics were wrong. 

ZIGZAGZ #10 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:52 AM

Sergeant

• 19154 battles
  • [KILLS]

View Post__Grifter__, on 13 March 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Dont agree with suiciding though - some times we just have to suck it up, do our best to help the team to win despite knowing the tactics were wrong. 

If you win for them, they never learn.

If you tell them they are wrong, they also won't listen.

So I find it hard to tell people to play for them.

On the other hand, even my 'suicides' deal more damage than 40% fruit loops. So meh. I can afford being a prick. 

As long as i'm not the last guy on the team report.

Rebirth_39 #11 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:50 AM

Sergeant

• 31113 battles
  • [CATS]

View Postdouble_edge, on 13 March 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

What's going on with immature players nowadays? I got reported twice yesterday because at the start of the game I and another tank went right and others went left. This guy says "All left" and when I didn't he says "Report VK", "nub" etc.

Who made them the boss of where people go in the game? WG needs to do something about these people ruining the game!

i feel ya man. These "report" people srsly need to shove it

__Noobieman #12 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:51 AM

Sergeant

• 12049 battles
  • [AVSW]

View PostRebirth_39, on 13 March 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

i feel ya man. These "report" people srsly need to shove it

they will only improve after their balls drop  ;)

Gandalf__Greyhame #13 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View Postdouble_edge, on 12 March 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

So frustrating!

Okay dude I got no sympathy for you .   After your first post I was not sure . But then you say Middleburg and the reason for not going hill is that you are in a slow tank . Let me tell what you did  is the number one reason for a loss on this particular map . I would not have reported you but I would have been unhappy with your play . What you describes happens in virtually every other game . I do not understand why you can't climb the hill ? I have gone up the hill in everything from a Maus to a Doom Turtle . What's the worst that will happen ? You will arrive 20 or 30 seconds latter ? It is much better to arrive late than splitting from the team , going alone in town and dying . Please do not let " slow tank " be the reason why you cannot flank . Go to the other side on Oasis palms and dessert sands . Don't hesitate to go to the railway side on Himmelsdorf . If you are in a slow heavy tank doesn't mean you must go to the one route on fort despair . If you are in a heavy tank it doesn't mean you must go the ship on Yamato harbour . Flank ion Canal and Castilla and every other freaking map if required . Look at the team formation of both sides and make the decision . Concentrate forces . Get more guns on target . If you are in slow tank does not mean you absolutely have to go ahead in the direction you are facing . I am in a slow tank is quite frankly a total nub reason not to flank .

TnkCmndrToo #14 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5186 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 13 March 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

Okay dude I got no sympathy for you .   After your first post I was not sure . But then you say Middleburg and the reason for not going hill is that you are in a slow tank . Let me tell what you did  is the number one reason for a loss on this particular map . I would not have reported you but I would have been unhappy with your play . What you describes happens in virtually every other game . I do not understand why you can't climb the hill ? I have gone up the hill in everything from a Maus to a Doom Turtle . What's the worst that will happen ? You will arrive 20 or 30 seconds latter ? It is much better to arrive late than splitting from the team , going alone in town and dying . Please do not let " slow tank " be the reason why you cannot flank . Go to the other side on Oasis palms and dessert sands . Don't hesitate to go to the railway side on Himmelsdorf . If you are in a slow heavy tank doesn't mean you must go to the one route on fort despair . If you are in a heavy tank it doesn't mean you must go the ship on Yamato harbour . Flank ion Canal and Castilla and every other freaking map if required . Look at the team formation of both sides and make the decision . Concentrate forces . Get more guns on target . If you are in slow tank does not mean you absolutely have to go ahead in the direction you are facing . I am in a slow tank is quite frankly a total nub reason not to flank .

Sort of agree. If you're outgunned, there's no sense in charging down the heavy route alone. But you ever tried flanking in a Black Prince? It's painful. Flanking in slow tanks should be avoided if possible imo. You could be leaving your team at a disadvantage while you trundle into position.

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 13 March 2019 - 10:50 AM.

Gandalf__Greyhame #15 Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 13 March 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Sort of agree. If you're outgunned, there's no sense in charging down the heavy route alone. But you ever tried flanking in a Black Prince? It's painful. Flanking in slow tanks should be avoided if possible imo. You could be leaving your team at a disadvantage while you trundle into position.

If 5 meds go to one side then it is better to go that way . Objective of flanking in a heavy is not always to get in position to do damage . More often it is simply to survive . If you go the heavy route and get outnumbered then your team is down a tank or two very quickly . Better to flank simply to survive in such cases .

bigben21 #16 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

So frustrating!

Lol I took a break of almost 1 year and came back for a visit..... and the same old sxxt happens. Same old complaints, same old issues. Dude don’t mean to be rude to you. But you are the reason if your team lost the game. Go watch YouTube videos it will help. 

double_edge #17 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

Corporal

• 7602 battles

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 13 March 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

Like I said earlier in my post, I've tried going up the hill in vk many times - and you know what happened? Well let me tell you...the mt's get overconfident because the entire team is following them, they charge the enemy and die cheaply and we're down 1 tank. Then another mt will die cheaply and now we're down 2, all the while I'm still climbing.

Then these idiots start shouting 'no support', 'nub team', etc. By now I'm in position but since we're down 2 tanks, the enemy pushes and surrounds us. I fire a couple shots but my reload times are long and soon we're down another 2 tanks. At this point it's game over - 3 vs 7.

Guess what happens next? Let me tell you - I'm still full hp because I've sidescraped and the vk can bounce shots well. So the team sees my full hp in a 3 vs 7 scenario and guess what - 'everyone report vk", "nub player", "useless vk", etc. etc.

When I tell you that I have much better win rate playing in town than going up the hill and you don't believe me, then it shows your prejudice! Basically, you're not the captain of the team, you don't tell others where to go!

Rebirth_39 #18 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:18 AM

Sergeant

• 31113 battles
  • [CATS]
The only thing you need to do in middleburg is go where ur team is, if they go hill u go hill, if u go town u go town. When im playing in  any slow vehicle I will try to suggest town but if they say no then just roll with it. Btw going to town isnt a complete loss as you are on the side where the caps are. Most importantly, if most ur team is of ht, then it is WAY better to go town in my experience

Edited by Rebirth_39, 14 March 2019 - 12:20 AM.

ZIGZAGZ #19 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:35 AM

Sergeant

• 19154 battles
  • [KILLS]

View Postdouble_edge, on 14 March 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

When I tell you that I have much better win rate playing in town than going up the hill and you don't believe me, then it shows your prejudice! Basically, you're not the captain of the team, you don't tell others where to go!

To be fair.... Like majority of my wins come from going up the hill in Middleburg. You will rarely see a town battle, even in Tier X.

I drive my VK100 up the hill all the time. And its 65%. A few battles where the 40% fruit loops suicide early up top, shouldn't deter you from using the hill route. 

It's not that they are trying to be captains or tell others where to go. Some maps just have a major advantage or disadvantage with their terrain. Middleburg is one of them. You should listen to the forumers opinions or there's no point in starting this thread. It's not prejudice. There's always going to be someone better than you out there. It's up to you whether u want to listen to it or not. And god i pray you are on the red team, when you drive to town. Because i'll know, you just gave me a win. 

P.S. This is one of the few instances where we do not really get a choice, but instead the map decides where we go. Other maps are more flexible. But this one..... Nope.

The reason why the town route is disadvantageous because:

1. You are not dealing with the MT/LTs storming from up-hill to flank you. When they light you up, you are going to be cannon fodder for the TDs in town if some stayed behind, and the MTs back on hill. Also, you are a sitting duck, and can only wait for the red team to flank you. 

2. OBIWAN: I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND. Shooting from above is a perfect hull down situation. Using the terrain to create damage-for-distance is also another advantage.

3. When red teams storm hill top, they are going to push forward. If blue HTs did not follow the blue MTs, the blue MTs will die early. If blue MTs do not go up top, the reds will flank you to death. They often are able to pick out the 1-2 stragglers in your team in town because you spread yourselves out unwittingly. When you guys are poorly spread out in town, with slow tanks, you will fail to handle flankers properly. And that happens VERY OFTEN. By the time you turn around to defend, you already have 1 tank missing.. And the MT will just retreat back into the hillside with all the other tanks covering them if you chase.

4. Why put yourself into that  position, when you can go hilltop and do a face-to-face battle to the death, and be minimally worried about getting flanked or where the enemy is coming from?

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 15 March 2019 - 04:31 AM.

Cugologist #20 Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:03 AM

Sergeant

• 24684 battles
  • [DERPU]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 14 March 2019 - 01:35 AM, said:

To be fair.... Like majority of my wins come from going up the hill in Middleburg. You will rarely see a town battle, even in Tier X.

I drive my VK100 up the hill all the time. And its 65%. A few battles where the 40% fruit loops suicide early up top, shouldn't deter you from using the hill route. 

It's not that they are trying to be captains or tell others where to go. Some maps just have a major advantage or disadvantage with their terrain. Middleburg is one of them. You should listen to the forumers opinions or there's no point in starting this thread. It's not prejudice. There's always going to be someone better than you out there. It's up to you whether u want to listen to it or not. And god i pray you are on the red team, when you drive to town. Because i'll know, you just gave me a win. 

The reason why the town route is disadvantageous because:

1. You are not dealing with the MT/LTs storming from up-hill to flank you. When they light you up, you are going to be cannon fodder for the TDs in town if some stayed behind, and the MTs back on hill. Also, you are a sitting duck, and can only wait for the red team to flank you. 

2. OBIWAN: I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND. Shooting from above is a perfect hull down situation. Using the terrain to create damage-for-distance is also another advantage.

3. When red teams storm hill top, they are going to push forward. If HTs did not follow the MTs, the MTs will die early. If MTs do not go up top, the reds will flank you to death. They often are able to pick out the 1-2 stragglers in your team in town because you spread yourselves out. When you guys are poorly spread out in town, with slow tanks, you will fail to handle flankers properly. And that happens VERY OFTEN. By the time you turn around to defend, you already have 1 tank missing.. And the MT will just retreat back into the hillside with all the other tanks covering them if you chase.

4. Why put yourself into that  position, when you can go hilltop and do a face-to-face battle to the death, and be minimally worried about getting flanked or where the enemy is coming from?

5. An E100 coming off the hill at full speed does catastrophic damage to anything it runs into.

Even in a slow tank, the hill is where it's at as when you do show up, you get to be a bullet sponge which is what the slow tanks are built for.

But you do have to go in according to the team's make up. Last battle I had there I was the only T9 in a T10 battle, in the Cent. 7/1. Balanced teams of 3MT, 1TD, 3HT. Everyone went hill and it turned into a slugfest, but a slugfest we won because we didn't over extend and forced the reds to spend most of their shots shooting the dirt, rocks or hard parts of tanks and they offered up the softer bits of their tanks trying to get at our softer bits.

Nobody on either team was what you'd call 'great', but it seemed that the green team was a little more patient (save the yolo T62 on our team, whining about no support after it was dead) and it was a pretty easy win in the end.

Even being late to the party still means you get to party. Not showing up at all, it'll be no party for you...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users