Ticket Support Page

Game Rule #4.1

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Fidel_Dionesio #1 Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:02 AM

Corporal

• 25176 battles
  • [OO8]

I went on the game rules and found 1 rule particular on rule#4.1 about blocking the tank of the same team, at the last part there was the ticket support page where i supposed to post my question but says "404 this page can't be open or might had been deleted" that's why I bring it here.,,,, my question is;

= is it still a violation if i will block my teammate from the enemy shots to make him/her survive the battle?  for example, my teammate's HP is too low but i need him/her in the last minute of the game and i don't want him/her to die so i take the shots to let him/her survives, i did that many times because i thought it was a way to win and a perfect teamwork.. but as i was reading the rules it seems it was a kind of a violation and i'm sorry to say i want the WG to review this rule if what i understand is correct

Edited by Fidel_Dionesio, 11 March 2019 - 07:06 AM.

Rollsy #2 Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:24 AM

Corporal

• 28250 battles
  • [NZLND]
I think that rule might be directed at trolls driving behind a tank in an engagement and physically blocking a team mate from reversing into cover. What you describe, being a body guard and taking shots for the team is ok. 

TnkCmndrToo #3 Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5186 battles
  • [DYN-T]
What you describe is fine, and can actually be quite an effective move. Deliberately obstructing the shots of allies or stopping/blocking them from moving is not allowed under the rules though.

2OLD2CARE #4 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 120527 battles
  • [FOTB]
Its the blocking of tank movement they are talking about - you can block as many enemy shots as you like !!!

__Grifter__ #5 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

Blocking incoming shots is fine and good play. 

The rule is meant for when you block a tank in front of you from moving. Like when you fire a shot, try to reverse into cover but a tank on your team is blocking you from moving back and you then get shot. This can sometimes happen by accident but if you deem it to be done on purpose, you can report them and send in the replay file.

Edited by __Grifter__, 11 March 2019 - 08:45 AM.

Fidel_Dionesio #6 Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:36 AM

Corporal

• 25176 battles
  • [OO8]
a OK thanks to all, i was really bothered actually, now those comments helped me 

SaltyMuppet #7 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 3935 battles
If you have high hp left it’s a good move to throw yourself in front of the enemy gun to help save a team mate. I do it a fair bit in some tanks.
I would always commend someone for that.
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

ZIGZAGZ #8 Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:00 AM

Sergeant

• 19154 battles
  • [KILLS]

This is something i commend players who do so. I myself always try to block shots for a dying mate. It's a nice gesture, but also a logical one.

However, I have recently met a number of selfish damage-farming unicums, who only want to keep their pristine health.

In one case, I was in a 2v3 situation, and another 65% player had full hp. Instead of taking the heat for me, he used me to farm damage, and kept running away whenever the slightest chance of being hit was there.  We could easily have won with both of us alive if he took a couple shots to share the hitpoint pool. But he chose to farm it all himself while i kept being battered.. If i suicided at that point instead of resisting, he would have lost the 1v3. I may have been kind enough. But he surely wasn't.

Lord_Melchett #9 Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 31062 battles
  • [1914]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 13 March 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

This is something i commend players who do so. I myself always try to block shots for a dying mate. It's a nice gesture, but also a logical one.

However, I have recently met a number of selfish damage-farming unicums, who only want to keep their pristine health.

In one case, I was in a 2v3 situation, and another 65% player had full hp. Instead of taking the heat for me, he used me to farm damage, and kept running away whenever the slightest chance of being hit was there.  We could easily have won with both of us alive if he took a couple shots to share the hitpoint pool. But he chose to farm it all himself while i kept being battered.. If i suicided at that point instead of resisting, he would have lost the 1v3. I may have been kind enough. But he surely wasn't.

I'm not sure about the exact fact situation that you describe, but I have certainly seen many very good players do whatever they can to conserve their hit points until the end game.  Some of them probably have made the correct decision that the likelihood of a victory is enhanced by the best player on the team remaining in the game for as long as possible, with as many hit points as possible.  So long as they are not actively sabotaging their fellow players, there is a solid argument that this is good team play.  Just a different perspective on the same situation.

And no, I'm not one of those players good enough to take that view.  I try to keep my team mates alive, if I can.

BossArdnutz #10 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:22 AM

Sergeant

• 7752 battles
  • [DERPU]
How do you guys communicate to another player that they should hide for a bit while you take hits for them? I've been using "hold position" but that usually seems to result in the low-HP teammate instantly charging at the red before I can put myself in between them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users