Tier, I,I,III all Bots

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #1 Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

So I tried an experiment today, I started an alt account to see what was going on with these tiers.

Firstly I noticed great ping and no packet loss. Strange because on my main account I always have bad ping and packet loss.

This is important because when you play real people the server has to render those real people doing all sorts of stuff that can’t be predicted.

Every battle at tier I opfor did exactly the same actions every time, right down to 1 tank, the same tank running into the same wall at the same angle every time. Then that said tank only shot me if I approached it. If I shot it from distance zero return fire.

Average 5-6 kills per battle. Over 1k damage at tier I but no mastery, very strange.

It is obvious that tiers I-III have bots, the question is why? WG say it’s to give new players experience before moving up yet after 10 battles @ tier 1 the que time increases dramatically forcing you to tier II and so on till you get a tier IV.

To me this highlights a lack of new players and nothing to do with an easier learning curve. Now they are rushed to tiers IV and V where they encounter good players with highly skilled crews and players who now which equipment to fit and how to use prammo effectively etc.

My suggestion is to WG that they remove bots and allow those players who no matter how many battles they have can gain access to low tier. Many players want to gain their Mastery on every tank and should not be denied that.

This would also allow low tier to be playable again and also show new players the reality of the game....it’s not easy to just get good you have to work for it. You can’t just buy a Matilda IV and be good after 10 battles.

Anyway that was a disappointing thing to experience because it highlights that this game could actually die and WG for some reason don’t see the writing on the wall or simply don’t care.

I care as I have spent a lot of money and I like playing so please WG read your forum and see the impact of your decisions.

Nearly forgot to mention that Chieftain MK VI became available to me immediately, that is so wrong.

Edited by Bad_Wombat, 28 February 2019 - 12:09 AM.

__Grifter__ #2 Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

Yup

Within 15-20 battles you're offered a high tier premium tank at a promotional price. And they say they are trying to make the game easier for new players? Said player will buy tank, said player will play tank (no longer in bot queue as bots are not that high up in the tiers), said player will take a lot of abuse from unhappy teammates and will lose a lot, said player will quit.

I did my experiment on the low tiers when they first introduced this months back. Like you say, every single battle, the bots are following exactly the same script. You even get to know the bots by name as they are in every battle. Every now and again you'll get one or two other real players and all you have to do is work out who they are (usually quite easy as you know the bots names by heart) and kill the real players. The real players that kill the other real players first then win as the bots are helpless.

The bots will only aim and fire at you when spotted. As soon as you reset camo, their turrets robotically go back to default. 

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #3 Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
Good to see people are doing these experiments and not just being WG fan boys like back in the day when people like Pimp_Daddy were on here. The forum was toxic beyond belief when this game came out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users