AMX ELC Bis: Pick one up!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #1 Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 583 battles
  • [TDAF]

Prinz's take on the tier V French light tank review

Sort History: The ELC is a prototype light tank launched by the French Ministry of Defense in 1955 and was developed in 1957-1961, the goal was to produce am air transportable tank for the French airborne troops to help engage enemy tanks. Only one prototype was made. The tank used a 90mm and could traverse the turret 360 degrees when not moving. 

Armor: The ELC by design was made to be light as possible so armor is pointless on this tank. The only armor this tank has is to not get hit. (I would display the armor performance in each tier form Blitz Hanger but I'm using a crummy old laptop that can't run the Blitz hanger website).

How the ELC stacks up to other tier V light tanks.

Tactics No.1 : The try hard mode. This consists of finding a bush and abusing light tank camo to spot and bush snipe or switching from active scouting to passive scouting. Good for wanting to carry your team and when you find yourself in tier VI games with big derp tanks or you're the last tank alive situations.

Tactic No.2: The Shot gun mode. Just relax and enjoy yourself. This consists of going full throttle towards a chosen target and plating a shot.  Personally this how I play the tank and all my equipment is geared for this. 

Slot 1 Tier 1 is Calibrated Shells for extra pen 

Slot 2 Tier 1 is Improve Modules to help reduce damage to modules.

Slot 3 Tier 1 is Improved Optics to help with active spotting during the Shot gun mode.

Slot 1 Tier 2 is Enhanced Gun Laying Drive to help with any sudden stops.

Slot 2 Tier 2 is Improved Assembly just to help with HP as Enhanced Armor is pointless on a tank with no armor. 

Slot 3 Tier 2  is Engine Accelerator to allow me to hit top speed quicker and with maneuverability.

Slot 1 Tier 3 is V-Stabs to help with on the move shots 

Slot 2 Tier 3 is Enhanced Tracks due to Shot gunning players I take a lot of hits to the track so this helps a little with shots that don't crit my tracks. 

Slot 3 Tier 3 is Consumable Delivery System to help quicken my consumable cool down. 

Consumables I use. 

Provisions I use.

And the crew skills I am training to use. 

The best part is I can switch between the two tactics depending on how the battle progresses. But please share how you run your ELC here as well. 

Grind Path I took: 

1. Top Gun stock gun is't fun

2. Top engine

3. Top tracks 

Some hits you can use:

1. Grind against tanks you are small most tanks won't have gun depression to hit you and also grind against low profile case mated TDs.

2. Like the BT-7A you need to get as close as possible so you wont miss the shot before you speed off into the distance.

3. Avoid destructible objects as much as you can. Nothing spells disaster then you going full speed and suddenly losing it when you hit an object.    

Overall the AMX ELC Bis is fun even after the low tier re work and a great tank to pick up if you want to relax and enjoy some games. The tank sits in the golden tier where it fights tier IV, V and VI  tanks but the ELC can preform fantastically in each those tiers provided that you exercise some caution in tier VI game. But shot gunning is still fun.   

This is my first review and any tips is welcomed like any websites I can use for armor or how can I understand tank stats so I can compare tanks.  PSA this is taken from my post on the EU forum server where my username is The Noble Prinz. 

Edited by PANPAKAPAAAN2427, 21 June 2019 - 08:53 PM.

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

TnkCmndrToo #2 Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5810 battles
  • [FOES]

Very nice review! I am also a budding reviewer, feel free to take ideas from my reviews ('KV-5 guide, review, musings' and 'Centurion Mk.1 Guide, review, musings' ) - a Centurion 7/1 G,R,M is also coming. I think I will run through equipment in that review like you do here. 

I also love the AMX elc, and will try your 'try hard mode' lol. Seems like a very efficient way to play. Once again, great job :)

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 19 February 2019 - 03:31 AM.

__Grifter__ #3 Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]
This tank is pure fun - i just run through the enemies and watch them try to hit me. As they turn around to try and hit me, the rest of the greens turn up and have a ton of tank backside to aim at.

No_Life_boy #4 Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:58 AM

Corporal

• 25775 battles
  • [UFD-1]

if you want to play good, then do a scout run, flex and then flank around if possible, winding through enemies from behind and returning to the friendly frontline. 

NOW THATS ALOTTA DAMAGE

TnkCmndrToo #5 Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5810 battles
  • [FOES]

View Post__Grifter__, on 19 February 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

This tank is pure fun - i just run through the enemies and watch them try to hit me. As they turn around to try and hit me, the rest of the greens turn up and have a ton of tank backside to aim at.

View PostxX_lubeup_Xx, on 19 February 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

if you want to play good, then do a scout run, flex and then flank around if possible, winding through enemies from behind and returning to the friendly frontline. 

NOW THATS ALOTTA DAMAGE

Lol I always try to do that, but it's given me a 48% WR in that tank. What are your ELC winrates?

ZIGZAGZ #6 Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 29913 battles
  • [KILLS]

I only played AMX ELC just enough to get the Tier 6 AMX12t. So that was about... 30+ battles?

I got a 74% win rate.

I disliked the tank, because of its narrow turret traverse. The restricted turret made it difficult on many occasions for me to carry the team.

My playstyle on the AMX ELC to get the 74% winrate was simply as a super aggressive front line tank, but with frequent relocations and flanking.

After getting the first kill, i'd usually retreat back into my team, and start going into sniping spots all over the map. Most importantly, the relocations are to force the enemy to have to keep turning their turrets to pay attention to more than 1 front when fighting. People don't realise that a lot of time is wasted traversing turrets, and that means for every moment somebody is wasting turning a turret, they are not shooting (lowering their dpm).

I dislike going together with my team, but if i do not follow the MT route at the start of the battle, the public nubs will just about-turn and make a mess of themselves. My biggest annoyance is in public players always feeling the need to follow the first tank that moves... And it forces me to adapt my tactics to suit that. By going the MT lane first, at least those fools will know where to go....

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 19 February 2019 - 02:46 PM.

No_Life_boy #7 Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:10 AM

Corporal

• 25775 battles
  • [UFD-1]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 19 February 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

I only played AMX ELC just enough to get the Tier 6 AMX12t. So that was about... 30+ battles?

I got a 74% win rate.

I disliked the tank, because of its narrow turret traverse. The restricted turret made it difficult on many occasions for me to carry the team.

My playstyle on the AMX ELC to get the 74% winrate was simply as a super aggressive front line tank, but with frequent relocations and flanking.

After getting the first kill, i'd usually retreat back into my team, and start going into sniping spots all over the map. Most importantly, the relocations are to force the enemy to have to keep turning their turrets to pay attention to more than 1 front when fighting. People don't realise that a lot of time is wasted traversing turrets, and that means for every moment somebody is wasting turning a turret, they are not shooting (lowering their dpm).

I dislike going together with my team, but if i do not follow the MT route at the start of the battle, the public nubs will just about-turn and make a mess of themselves. My biggest annoyance is in public players always feeling the need to follow the first tank that moves... And it forces me to adapt my tactics to suit that. By going the MT lane first, at least those fools will know where to go....

I agree with all of what you stated.

the players in tiers like this fail to see the meta of low tiers now because of the update and it seriously affects performance for some people. Let alone the instability of the matchmaking where there are three unicums on the other team whilst your team has 40%ers.

__Grifter__ #8 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 19 February 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

I got a 74% win rate.

So correct...so annoying that they just follow the first tank that moves. often follow with such accuracy that you get to the spot you want to be in, look behjind you and 4 other tanks are in your spot too doing nothing more than just getting in your way. If you're going to follow, at least spread yourself around a bit.

Players also do not understand the benefit of giving the enemy multiple angles to worry about as you pointed out. If all tanks are in the same place it becomes easy for the oppo as they barely have to move their turret. A turret moving one way often gives the green light for shots to come in from another angle.

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 19 February 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Lol I always try to do that, but it's given me a 48% WR in that tank. What are your ELC winrates?

It has to be done smarter than how it sounds when I explained it. There is a fine line between it being smart play and nothing more than a yolo. Its not really just a case of going through the enemy from the start but getting the timing right knowing that your team are in a good position to take advantage of it. There is some luck attached too as if you get tracked, you're doomed and you also do not want to be crashing into any rocks, walls, tanks or even soft obstacles that can slow you down.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #9 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 583 battles
  • [TDAF]
Edit: I just put in some stats of other tier V light tanks to compare with the ELC as well. There slight chopped up you can find them on Blitz stars.

Edited by PANPAKAPAAAN2427, 20 February 2019 - 11:51 PM.

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

No_Life_boy #10 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:14 AM

Corporal

• 25775 battles
  • [UFD-1]

View PostPANPAKAPAAAN2427, on 20 February 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

Edit: I just put in some stats of other tier V light tanks to compare with the ELC as well. There slight chopped up you can find them on Blitz stars.

and you never bothered to post a screenshot xb

Attached Files

• Attached File   screenshot. (33).jpg   86.66K
  • Attached File   screenshot. (34).jpg   74.73K

Edited by xX_lubeup_Xx, 21 February 2019 - 12:26 AM.

_RB_33_ #11 Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25992 battles
  • [101AS]
A bit late for the party but I love this nifty French. It has given me a 60% WR on itself.

What I usually do is that I treat it as a very light turreted TD as it was designed as such in real life. Hit and run. Perhaps it also helped that I started my blitz "career" as a turreted TD driver.

Of course, use and abuse of light tank camo mechanics and knowing when to run is a given. The fact that, at the time of this writing, I have a 60% wr on this tank while I am still learning the camo mechanics and tactics of a light tank speaks well of the ELC, in my humble opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

Diamond114 #12 Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:33 AM

Captain

• 16481 battles
  • [408]

View Post_RB_33_, on 31 March 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

A bit late for the party but I love this nifty French. It has given me a 60% WR on itself.

What I usually do is that I treat it as a very light turreted TD as it was designed as such in real life. Hit and run. Perhaps it also helped that I started my blitz "career" as a turreted TD driver.

Of course, use and abuse of light tank camo mechanics and knowing when to run is a given. The fact that, at the time of this writing, I have a 60% wr on this tank while I am still learning the camo mechanics and tactics of a light tank speaks well of the ELC, in my humble opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

Glad to see someone else did well in it as a light TD. 

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

_RB_33_ #13 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 25992 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostDiamond114, on 01 April 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Glad to see someone else did well in it as a light TD. 

It has the characteristics of a TD with the benefit of light tank camo mechanics.

A literal light tank destroyer IMO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users