Money's best use in WOTB and a (moderate) critque to WG

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Rinskiev #1 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:34 AM

Sergeant

• 10432 battles
  • [AUSIE]

This may sound a bit weird and even silly but it is something I have been chewing over lately: now and then I like to spend some money in the game. Despite making me angry at times I can see the effort WG puts in the game. I used to buy some tanks with it but now I have more tanks than I can play and in addition I prefer to play tank in the normal tech-tree. Buying gold or credits is silly I think. Premium time I would only buy if they would sell it by hours and not by days (I get quite some 1h premium time from missions anyway which are my favourite time lengths for premium). I was wondering about what else to buy. Boosters maybe?

This should be taken as a critique to WG: people with money do not see where to use their money in your game!

SaltyMuppet #2 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 3705 battles
I have nearly 1 year premium time built up and it means never worrying about credits. I see it as the same as paying for Stan or Netflix.
I buy tanks, I enrich tanks I like. I don’t buy boosters.
I would like to see some lower tier premiums than these tier 8-10 ones up for sale.... Rudy, Fury etc
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

Rinskiev #3 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:59 AM

Sergeant

• 10432 battles
  • [AUSIE]

thanks for the comments...but no: I will not buy new tanks I will never play. I will not buy premium time unless it is in blocks of 1 or 2 hours (which also helps me control the amount of time I spend in the game).

Enriching neither because tanks get nerfed (either actively or passively by buffing other tanks)

Anyone with some experience buying boosters? does it really help (like I can get a feeling because we all get them in crates but I am not sure it pays off when bought in larges amounts)

TnkCmndrToo #4 Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5172 battles
  • [DYN-T]
My advice would be not to look for ways to burn your money lol :) if you have everything you need, why spend more?

Rinskiev #5 Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:32 AM

Sergeant

• 10432 battles
  • [AUSIE]
as I said: since I appreciate the work of WG and I can spend some money, I want to do so. Now, as you say I do not want to just burn it but use it wise (in the game). Now, I do not know where anymore! :sceptic:

ZIGZAGZ #6 Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:00 AM

Sergeant

• 19106 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostRinskiev, on 18 February 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

as I said: since I appreciate the work of WG and I can spend some money, I want to do so. Now, as you say I do not want to just burn it but use it wise (in the game). Now, I do not know where anymore! :sceptic:

I have spent $0 on this game, but if i wanted to spend money on it, it would only be on TANKS. 

Usually, i use all my free gold on premium tanks. But considering that you have mentioned that you do not see a premium tank that you want, you really only have minimal outlets of expenditure.

To be honest, everything else is a waste of gold. The game experience is all in the tanks you play. 

I am F2P and have never ran out of premium time. The free boxes & missions have been more than enough to tide me through wisely. I only activate premium when i play Tier 8++, as the other tiers just don't cause credit deficits.

Consumables and prammo are just garbage to use gold on, as they are one-use consumables and are literally like a hole in your pockets. Once it's over, there's nothing much that you gained or experienced.

Camo are a guilty pleasure, and i've been guilty of wasting my free gold on legendary or gold camo for my Obj 140, and other tanks i personally play a lot.

But in all honesty, you might as well donate your cash to camo or a tank you think that you will never play, rather than one of these other outlets.....

Having taken a look at your Premium collection on Blitzstar, I would suggest only 1 tank that might actually be fun for you if you changed your mind. It's also a tank very different from all the others you have in your garage.

Tier 7 TD: WZ-120-1G FT

TnkCmndrToo #7 Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5172 battles
  • [DYN-T]
Actually, the T-54 mod.1 is in the shop now - that is a great use of your cash!

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #8 Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:11 AM

Sergeant

• 11038 battles
  • [SUB40]
Nobody ever spend their money on boosters pls. 

SaltyMuppet #9 Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3705 battles

View PostIGNORE_MY_WINRATE, on 24 February 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Nobody ever spend their money on boosters pls. 

No way would I do that. Might as well burn your money.

”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

Baaadmutha888 #10 Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 65293 battles
  • [HTL]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 18 February 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

I have spent $0 on this game, but if i wanted to spend money on it, it would only be on TANKS. 

Usually, i use all my free gold on premium tanks. But considering that you have mentioned that you do not see a premium tank that you want, you really only have minimal outlets of expenditure.

To be honest, everything else is a waste of gold. The game experience is all in the tanks you play. 

I am F2P and have never ran out of premium time. The free boxes & missions have been more than enough to tide me through wisely. I only activate premium when i play Tier 8++, as the other tiers just don't cause credit deficits.

Consumables and prammo are just garbage to use gold on, as they are one-use consumables and are literally like a hole in your pockets. Once it's over, there's nothing much that you gained or experienced.

Camo are a guilty pleasure, and i've been guilty of wasting my free gold on legendary or gold camo for my Obj 140, and other tanks i personally play a lot.

But in all honesty, you might as well donate your cash to camo or a tank you think that you will never play, rather than one of these other outlets.....

Having taken a look at your Premium collection on Blitzstar, I would suggest only 1 tank that might actually be fun for you if you changed your mind. It's also a tank very different from all the others you have in your garage.

Tier 7 TD: WZ-120-1G FT

+ dracula (when they sell it again)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users