• 4685 battles
  • [696PL]
What do you do on this map? I always seem to get rekt wherever I go. :(

"I'm tired of these motherfuckin' KV2s on this motherfuckin' game!" 

ZIGZAGZ #2 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

Sergeant

• 19129 battles
  • [KILLS]

99% of the time i go to the MT lane, regardless of what type of tank I am driving (TD/HT/MT/LT). And it turns out well for the most part of it.

I basically use the terrain (many hull down positions and walls), and aggro attention. After aggro-ing, enemies tend to stop in their tracks, and you get a mexican stand off between your team and theirs. 

If you are a good player, mexican stand offs usually mean a good thing for you, as you are going to win the trade off in damage. 

But a mexican stand off also means you are very dependent on your team, and hoping they do not run away, or at least know how to use cover.

Yellow & Red Circle is where i stay most of the time.  I tend to play Yellow when I have a tank with a very low profile (usually MTs), and I tend to play red circle when i have a larger tank or a tank that is hull down like a T34. 

I even bring my RHM into the yellow circle. But the best are tanks with a strong turret, low profile and high ROF that can take advantage of the Yellow circle very well.

You can see the areas that you need to cover (coloured stars) when you are in those circles. If you do that, you should be able to win. Flexibility is of course essential, and you should never just stay within those circles. But that is a good starting vantage point to get your first blood, and get the head count rolling so you can push down. Once you get ahead by 1 or 2 kills, the game usually ends very quickly on this map. 

This map is difficult to flank successfully at the beginning, as the combat areas are compact. For example, if a red team tried to get a few fast tanks to Green spawn, and flank the back, the green team can easily turn around, leave their positions and chase down these mts, often times with no repercussions as the red players stuck in the stand off in front, will not be able to push and shoot your backs in time. The flank usually dies by that time. 

I'm not an expert on Dynasty. But that's just how i play. I usually win against people who go to the city first.

P.S.: 

I missed 1 or 2 stars, but they are of lesser importance for those zones to cover. So i am going to just leave them out since the key ones are already labelled. Rather lazy.

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 17 February 2019 - 01:46 PM.

TnkCmndrToo #3 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5186 battles
  • [DYN-T]

Meds and TDs are most effective in the park imo - the meds can use mobility to relocate and pop up to wreak havoc, while TDs have good lines of fire on any red medium that pokes its head. HTs should go to the town, especially if you are a strong side scraper. If the reds launch a 7-man steamroll on either side, the greens under attack should draw back and wait for their allies to support them. Works pretty well for me.

ankitgusai19 #4 Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 45240 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostOldTankofDestruction, on 17 February 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

What do you do on this map? I always seem to get rekt wherever I go. :(

Other comments explain well on what to do, I'll add that this map should not exist beyond tier 7 just like lost temple, Its too small, 80% of matches ends in 4 mins with each party facing each other in open park like area. 

If you get this map in competitive, make sure you have lot of armour in your side.   

Edited by ankitgusai19, 18 February 2019 - 05:58 AM.

__Grifter__ #5 Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 17 February 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

99% of the time i go to the MT lane, regardless of what type of tank I am driving (TD/HT/MT/LT). And it turns out well for the most part of it.

I basically use the terrain (many hull down positions and walls), and aggro attention. After aggro-ing, enemies tend to stop in their tracks, and you get a mexican stand off between your team and theirs. 

If you are a good player, mexican stand offs usually mean a good thing for you, as you are going to win the trade off in damage. 

But a mexican stand off also means you are very dependent on your team, and hoping they do not run away, or at least know how to use cover.

Yellow & Red Circle is where i stay most of the time.  I tend to play Yellow when I have a tank with a very low profile (usually MTs), and I tend to play red circle when i have a larger tank or a tank that is hull down like a T34. 

I even bring my RHM into the yellow circle. But the best are tanks with a strong turret, low profile and high ROF that can take advantage of the Yellow circle very well.

You can see the areas that you need to cover (coloured stars) when you are in those circles. If you do that, you should be able to win. Flexibility is of course essential, and you should never just stay within those circles. But that is a good starting vantage point to get your first blood, and get the head count rolling so you can push down. Once you get ahead by 1 or 2 kills, the game usually ends very quickly on this map. 

This map is difficult to flank successfully at the beginning, as the combat areas are compact. For example, if a red team tried to get a few fast tanks to Green spawn, and flank the back, the green team can easily turn around, leave their positions and chase down these mts, often times with no repercussions as the red players stuck in the stand off in front, will not be able to push and shoot your backs in time. The flank usually dies by that time. 

I'm not an expert on Dynasty. But that's just how i play. I usually win against people who go to the city first.

P.S.: 

I missed 1 or 2 stars, but they are of lesser importance for those zones to cover. So i am going to just leave them out since the key ones are already labelled. Rather lazy.

Not lazy at all - impressive reply that obviously took a bit of time.

Some great tips in there that I will certainly take on board as I imagine will others.

Baaadmutha888 #6 Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 65426 battles
  • [HTL]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 17 February 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

P.S.: 

great strategy/tactics!

just a little thing to add....in supremecy games you can cap/defend/hold both c/b from that area as well. Whereas if you cap base A, you cannot see base B or C.

OldTankofDestruction #7 Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:30 AM

Private

• 4685 battles
  • [696PL]
Thanks!  :)

"I'm tired of these motherfuckin' KV2s on this motherfuckin' game!" 

Cugologist #8 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:47 AM

Sergeant

• 24656 battles
  • [DERPU]

It's dependent on what your team does and what tank I'm in that determines what I do.

In a TD (usually boomsig or waffle), I'll go to the park near the tram car. There's a spot (yellow circle kindly provided) where you're at the pointy end, but can hide away fairly well reloading. If you get abandoned there, you need to be dug out like a tick so take up enemy time/hp and you'll die, but contribute usually. Can be hard to get a shot in at times though. You can't go there alone though if there are a lot of MT/LT on both teams.

MT/LT, park. Always. But be cautious. Always have somewhere you can hide or drop back because if you get spotted first you collect all the incoming and it can come from everywhere. If you find the red MT/LT have decided to go the HT line, then push hard and flank them from behind. More than a few mastery badges from surprising red teams from behind. They either need to deal with you (and not with the rest of your team) or get shredded while ignoring you. Either way, you swing the battle. If you meet the whole red team in the park, plenty of places to hold the line without getting reckt if your team is smart enough to come help, should be able to relocate if you get abandoned. If you have no MT/LT to face, I'll usually push to the cap to spot and have something to duck back behind if I run into more armour than I can deal with. Will also let you spot the park to a point so you can see potential flankers coming and get back to slow/stop them.

HT, either direction depending on what the team looks to be doing. Supremacy I'll usually push right down the middle, stopping near the tram car to side scrape and stop advances coming and bounce incoming fire as much as possible. You don't need to cap as you can deny the reds the A cap and support to take it, as well as address a possible B cap. In a regular battle, follow the team and be aware of flanking and be ready to deal with it when it comes, because it will likely come and it will be a surprise because there are so many concealed ways to go. If the team decides to push the HT line, same spot in the middle. If they go park, I'll go park side but on the HT line side. You may permit side shots on you, but only from one side.

Generally I try and play it cautious unless it becomes clear the red team is not addressing their flank at all. Because there are so many ways to get around without getting spotted or shot at, it's a flanker's dream and the slow rises and many corners means going hull down/protected is pretty easy. But when you have the chance to push, you have to push hard and fast preferably while knowing that you aren't running into an ambush. I've had plenty of bad battles here, but also more than a few good ones. A near Ras in the CDC (6 kills, by running around like a lunatic flanking hard), a solid mastery in the T-62 by taking away half the red's HP from the sides/behind but not a carry as I used my team mates to take all the incoming fire as the reds ignored me taking their HP away. Oops. Myself and the red IS-7 arrived at the end of the battle with no lost HP and 6 kills between us. All got a lesson in how an IS-7 holds up against a T-62 in one-on-one, which is ironically what the IS-7 asked for earlier after I picked apart his team mates. Result was a dead IS-7 and a mildly scratched T-62, the scratches covered over with an M badge. Didn't take a single shot from the whole battle.

The short version is don't get caught in the open as 'open' usually means you can take shots from a dozen different directions. Use the terrain and buildings to make sure you have somewhere to reload or retreat to that's safe . And when you can, flank like mad because that'll almost always hand you the battle on a platter. Be aware of ambushes and flanking in return though because they're easy to execute.

TnkCmndrToo #9 Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5186 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View PostCugologist, on 20 February 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

It's dependent on what your team does and what tank I'm in that determines what I do.

In a TD (usually boomsig or waffle), I'll go to the park near the tram car. There's a spot (yellow circle kindly provided) where you're at the pointy end, but can hide away fairly well reloading. If you get abandoned there, you need to be dug out like a tick so take up enemy time/hp and you'll die, but contribute usually. Can be hard to get a shot in at times though. You can't go there alone though if there are a lot of MT/LT on both teams.

MT/LT, park. Always. But be cautious. Always have somewhere you can hide or drop back because if you get spotted first you collect all the incoming and it can come from everywhere. If you find the red MT/LT have decided to go the HT line, then push hard and flank them from behind. More than a few mastery badges from surprising red teams from behind. They either need to deal with you (and not with the rest of your team) or get shredded while ignoring you. Either way, you swing the battle. If you meet the whole red team in the park, plenty of places to hold the line without getting reckt if your team is smart enough to come help, should be able to relocate if you get abandoned. If you have no MT/LT to face, I'll usually push to the cap to spot and have something to duck back behind if I run into more armour than I can deal with. Will also let you spot the park to a point so you can see potential flankers coming and get back to slow/stop them.

HT, either direction depending on what the team looks to be doing. Supremacy I'll usually push right down the middle, stopping near the tram car to side scrape and stop advances coming and bounce incoming fire as much as possible. You don't need to cap as you can deny the reds the A cap and support to take it, as well as address a possible B cap. In a regular battle, follow the team and be aware of flanking and be ready to deal with it when it comes, because it will likely come and it will be a surprise because there are so many concealed ways to go. If the team decides to push the HT line, same spot in the middle. If they go park, I'll go park side but on the HT line side. You may permit side shots on you, but only from one side.

Generally I try and play it cautious unless it becomes clear the red team is not addressing their flank at all. Because there are so many ways to get around without getting spotted or shot at, it's a flanker's dream and the slow rises and many corners means going hull down/protected is pretty easy. But when you have the chance to push, you have to push hard and fast preferably while knowing that you aren't running into an ambush. I've had plenty of bad battles here, but also more than a few good ones. A near Ras in the CDC (6 kills, by running around like a lunatic flanking hard), a solid mastery in the T-62 by taking away half the red's HP from the sides/behind but not a carry as I used my team mates to take all the incoming fire as the reds ignored me taking their HP away. Oops. Myself and the red IS-7 arrived at the end of the battle with no lost HP and 6 kills between us. All got a lesson in how an IS-7 holds up against a T-62 in one-on-one, which is ironically what the IS-7 asked for earlier after I picked apart his team mates. Result was a dead IS-7 and a mildly scratched T-62, the scratches covered over with an M badge. Didn't take a single shot from the whole battle.

The short version is don't get caught in the open as 'open' usually means you can take shots from a dozen different directions. Use the terrain and buildings to make sure you have somewhere to reload or retreat to that's safe . And when you can, flank like mad because that'll almost always hand you the battle on a platter. Be aware of ambushes and flanking in return though because they're easy to execute.

Great tips, thanks! Will be implementing this in my games :)

Cugologist #10 Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:23 AM

Sergeant

• 24656 battles
  • [DERPU]

Just not against me please. ;)

FTR, I think I usually end up winning more battles on this map than I lose, probably 6-7/10. The losses often seem to be attributed to me and my lack of playing ability (?) by my obviously better (making comments their skills can't cash) team mates who'll demand I be reported, but that gusto goes missing when it's all said and done.

Basically make sure you're covered from getting spanked in more than one direction. A tank that can't manage that doesn't last very long there, or in any battle really...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users