Equipment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TankKilla2 #1 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6360 battles
  • [BTC2]
I want to be able to un-mount equipment. is there any way to do it? or even better sell it? tia,

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Diamond114 #2 Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 05 February 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

I want to be able to un-mount equipment. is there any way to do it? or even better sell it? tia,

Before 3.8, you can mount and sell equipments at will. However, past 3.8 you can`t unmount the equipment. What you buy sticks to the tank. On the plus side, that means whatever equipment you buy will be on that tank for good, so should you decide to sell an equipped tank and re-bought it at a later date, the equipment you buy for the tank will still be there instead of having to spend more money re-equipping it.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

TankKilla2 #3 Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6360 battles
  • [BTC2]

View PostDiamond114, on 06 February 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

Before 3.8, you can mount and sell equipments at will. However, past 3.8 you can`t unmount the equipment. What you buy sticks to the tank. On the plus side, that means whatever equipment you buy will be on that tank for good, so should you decide to sell an equipped tank and re-bought it at a later date, the equipment you buy for the tank will still be there instead of having to spend more money re-equipping it.

yes, I have noticed that, which is a good thing. however, they could incorporate both options, which would be better- allow us to sell equipment that would then not be present if we repurchased the tank. (WG please take note!)

and they could make it that we only get half the cost back, like they do with tanks when you sell them, on the basis that the equipment has been used and is now 'second hand', if they want to apply a penalty for selling.

Edited by Destroyer3462, 06 February 2019 - 12:34 AM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Diamond114 #4 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:21 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 06 February 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

yes, I have noticed that, which is a good thing. however, they could incorporate both options, which would be better- allow us to sell equipment that would then not be present if we repurchased the tank. (WG please take note!)

and they could make it that we only get half the cost back, like they do with tanks when you sell them, on the basis that the equipment has been used and is now 'second hand', if they want to apply a penalty for selling.

What do you want to sell the equipment for? Maybe raising extra cash if you sell it together at half-price with the tank that you no longer intend to play? That's been done with the standard WoT equipment scheme pre-3.8, and to do it now when you have 9 slots vs 3 slots on the old system means you will end up spending a lot more on equipment than previous systems if you have second thoughts about selling your old tank, buying it back and decide to re-equip it compared to the old system.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

__Grifter__ #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]
This is why you should only buy equipment for tanks you want to keep or know you will play alot. As standard I unlock the first row of equipment for all tanks and then decide as I play them whether or not I feel I will be keeping the tank or that it simply cannot live through a grind without the additional help.

TankKilla2 #6 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6360 battles
  • [BTC2]

View PostDiamond114, on 06 February 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

What do you want to sell the equipment for?

good question. I play using a joystick gamepad, and I find that some tanks are hard to control with it. they respond too much, or too little, but usually too much. sometimes when a tank is good to control, and I add equipment, it changes the performance characteristics, making a tank that was good to control, difficult to control. so I want to be able to uninstall any equipment that has that effect. I recently got the Panther M10, and it was responding just how I wanted, then I added the Engine Accelerator which stuffed it right up. so now even if I sell it, and buy it back, it will still have the engine accelerator installed, so there's nothing I can do to fix it. :( also the problem is worse with premium tanks, because with tech tree tanks I can add or remove upgrades to affect the behavioural characteristics of vehicles.

Maybe raising extra cash if you sell it together at half-price with the tank that you no longer intend to play? That's been done with the standard WoT equipment scheme pre-3.8, and to do it now when you have 9 slots vs 3 slots on the old system means you will end up spending a lot more on equipment than previous systems if you have second thoughts about selling your old tank, buying it back and decide to re-equip it compared to the old system.

Edited by Destroyer3462, 06 February 2019 - 11:42 AM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users