Tier IV T-28

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

FoldedCandy3 #1 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:22 AM

Private

• 16527 battles
  • [WE-]

Wow, this used to be a great tank. It was one of those classics that I wouldn't sell just because it was so good. Then, a few upgrades ago, they took it out of the tanks available in the Russian tech tree, modified it (it was when they made some of them with blue names), and turned it into a piece of junk. So disappointing!

TnkCmndrToo #2 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]
Really? I never thought of it as anything special. What did you like about it?

BossArdnutz #3 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16682 battles
  • [DERPU]
I sold mine off when they took away the 57mm machine gun. Well, not really a machine gun, but it had a rate of fire that a Black Prince would envy and a pretty decent chance of penning most targets.

ankitgusai19 #4 Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50485 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostFoldedCandy3, on 05 February 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

Wow, this used to be a great tank. It was one of those classics that I wouldn't sell just because it was so good. Then, a few upgrades ago, they took it out of the tanks available in the Russian tech tree, modified it (it was when they made some of them with blue names), and turned it into a piece of junk. So disappointing!

The "blue names" change is part of lower tier rewamp that happen couple of patches ago. 
All of circumstantially OP lower tier tanks(2-5) received good spanking and they were striped of certain modules. 

Many of these "naughty" tanks were converted to a special category(like tech tree tanks and premium tanks) called collectors tanks. 
-They can be nerfed.
-They may or may not have premium tank level credit coefficient

-They can be sold for gold.

For why did they felt they needed do that? main reason was, the new players retention ration was(still probably is) quite poor, WG suspected that the reason for this was unnecessary complications of game mechanics for beginners, quite a lot of tanks to choose from and unprecedented amount of dirty filthy seal clubbers(pun intended). So they removed bunch of tanks completely, nerfed lots of remaining and made few good tanks that people might not be happy to let go collectors tank(so they can sell it for gold).   

Edited by ankitgusai19, 05 February 2019 - 05:45 AM.

FoldedCandy3 #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:56 AM

Private

• 16527 battles
  • [WE-]

What I liked about it was the 59% win rate. It was quite manoeuvrable for a bigger tank, and the gun (I don't remember what one it was) had a pretty rapid reload with effective penetration.

And, yes, it was a brilliant as a dirty, filthy seal clubber!

So, where to go now? Yesterday, in a one-on-one against a KV-1 (Tier V), there was not a single spot in it's armour that I could penetrate. The whole body was red! I hit the tracks numerous times, but even that had no effect. I understand that things need adjusting, it's just a shame to feel the only answer is to take the gold and run.

Cheers all.

TnkCmndrToo #6 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]
I feel ya - the Matilda was to me what the T-28 was to you. They nerfed the pen and RoF on the Matilda's gun too... at least it's still playable now, unlike my Covenanter (another beloved favourite of mine :().

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 06 February 2019 - 02:12 AM.

FoldedCandy3 #7 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:32 AM

Private

• 16527 battles
  • [WE-]
By the way ankitgusai19, what do you mean when you say "they can be nerfed", there are no upgrades available?

Diamond114 #8 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:10 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View PostFoldedCandy3, on 06 February 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

By the way ankitgusai19, what do you mean when you say "they can be nerfed", there are no upgrades available?

Meaning WG is able to change the "soft stats" such as turret and hull traverse, rate of fire, penetration, speed and engine power among others to "balance" it against all the other existing tanks. A "nerf" means downgrading stats to make it less powerful against tanks in its tier spread. A "buff" would be upgrading of stats to help it remain competitive against other tanks.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #9 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:14 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]
Oh, and yes. Collector tanks have no upgrades available. Engine, tracks, gun etc, you're stuck with what you have.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

FoldedCandy3 #10 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:51 AM

Private

• 16527 battles
  • [WE-]

Ah, OK, I understand, I was thinking of derp, as in KV-2, and got excited.

Anyway, I re-visited the issue and went and did some more battling. So while the tank has been downgraded, it isn't all bad. I got some respectable scores, re-learnt which are the softer bits of the lower tier tanks, won more games than I lost, and even killed 5 bad guys in one game. So there you have it. Thanks for the chatting.

_MR_TICKLES_ #11 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

Corporal

• 23303 battles
  • [UFD-1]

View PostFoldedCandy3, on 06 February 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

Ah, OK, I understand, I was thinking of derp, as in KV-2, and got excited.

Anyway, I re-visited the issue and went and did some more battling. So while the tank has been downgraded, it isn't all bad. I got some respectable scores, re-learnt which are the softer bits of the lower tier tanks, won more games than I lost, and even killed 5 bad guys in one game. So there you have it. Thanks for the chatting.

​because of the huge nerfs they did to the tanks, the game became more strategic than tactical. i also agree with what you said about the t 28 because of its high penetrating power. the 76mm aint that bad as well. the HEAT can be inconsistent though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users