Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

anthonylei01 #41 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

Captain

• 16046 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

no. the posting-on-forum account. my current winrate is 53% since it's of such great interest to you. so now I have all the bases covered. if gubby ppl want to go snooping in my stats all they will see is that I'm a super unicum, and they can't go snooping in my active account because they don't know what it is. peace at last!

53% = super unicum?

TnkDztroyer #42 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:13 PM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View Postanthonylei01, on 07 February 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

53% = super unicum?

you really are dumb aren't you. read it again. you a$$holes don't get to know my active account, but feel free to look at this one.
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

TnkDztroyer #43 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View Postanthonylei01, on 07 February 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

then blitz is not the right game for you

bye bye

I aint going nowhere except out of this forum away from ppl who want to make things personal. I'll continue to play and enjoy the game in peace and privacy. and I thank those here who have given me tips and help about wotb, and wish them well.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Gandalf__Greyhame #44 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 February 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

I aint going nowhere except out of this forum away from ppl who want to make things personal. I'll continue to play and enjoy the game in peace and privacy. and I thank those here who have given me tips and help about wotb, and wish them well.

OMG dude 85.71% WR !! Kill ratio 27 !! WN8 6827 !! You are Super Duper Unicum !! Sorry we questioned your skilzzz !! 

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 07 February 2019 - 01:22 PM.

Subscribe to T-Series . Make T-Series Numba 1 !!

I have done my part . Have you ?

TnkDztroyer #45 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View Posterwin10001, on 07 February 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

the 55% was as high as he's going to get because he got favourable MM as a new account. After that its all downhill from there and he'll drop back to under 50%, as his recent performance in his old account suggests.

that's exactly right, and I have no problem with that. I will eventually be restored to a winrate that is commensurate with my ability, and that's maybe 50-55% depending on what tiers I'm playing. it's simply a lie that I keep claiming to be better than I am. I have repeatedly said I am average as the blitzstars page has said.  ( the rest of your BS assumptions and speculation ignored)

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 07 February 2019 - 02:05 PM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

ZIGZAGZ #46 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:58 PM

Sergeant

• 18153 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 February 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

Yea, scouring your stats to ascertain whether your strong opinionated comments hold weight or is just a nub being over-dramatic and complaining is all about 'making things personal'.

Glad to know its your last day on this forum.

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 07 February 2019 - 02:00 PM.

TnkDztroyer #47 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:06 PM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 07 February 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

Glad to know its your last day on this forum.

goodbye and good riddance. can't say it's been a pleasure knowing you
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

anthonylei01 #48 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

Captain

• 16046 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 February 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

you really are dumb aren't you. read it again. you a$$holes don't get to know my active account, but feel free to look at this one.

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 February 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

you sound like a 10 year old, may be you are :) 

so emotional, it is actually fun to read your responses

TheCapt #49 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 31621 battles
  • [BOGAN]

View Post__Grifter__, on 07 February 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

I think that the problem Destroyer, is not your stats so much - we have had many sub 50% players on here over the years. Most could care less about your stats tbh as long as you're willing to learn and improve and accept your stats for what they are.

The problem is that you seem to consistently moan about other players, or getting put onto poor teams, or how the game is rigged so that you lose. While these are valid points that many other players have made over the years, you seem ignorant and rather defensive to the fact that you yourself might be contributing more to your losses than any of those factors that you're moaning about. 

As somebody pointed out, an average damage ratio of 0.5 - 0.6 means that you are not even doing the same amount of damage as your own health pool as an average. This means you are losing your health but not taking the more or even the same health off the opposition team - which means that somebody else in your team, or the team as a whole, will have to make up that deficit. It simply means you're not doing at least the bare minimum to be considered enough as a contribution.

Now i know you will say your new account and tell me a new figure that none of us can clarify - which is fine. But just work on at least getting that damage ratio up to over 1 before complaining about other players or teams.

Well said sir, my sentiments exactly!

Gentleman Tanker.

ZIGZAGZ #50 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:50 AM

Sergeant

• 18153 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 February 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

goodbye and good riddance. can't say it's been a pleasure knowing you

It is US that are saying good riddance to you.

JuliusHeide #51 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:22 AM

Private

• 2883 battles
  • [KGRFO]

I am not sure it is entirely a case of "play at a tier appropriate for your skill" 
MM can troll you at any tier.

Just looking at tier allocations from MM then statistically 3Hi/4Lo or 4Hi/3Lo should be the most common outcome (70 combinations).

One tank at a lower tier should be a much rarer case (only 7 combinations)

The probability that you are that unlucky lower tier tank is 1/7 of that.

That is 70:1 against being that unlucky tank. (someone more fluent in statistics please help)

I haven’t collected enough stats to test this but it does seem to be a lot more common than 1:70 to be the sole tank at a lower tier...

TnkCmndrToo #52 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5095 battles
  • [DYN-T]
[edited] can everyone just chill? Destroyer - cut down on the noob-calling and complaining. And everyone else - relax.

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 08 February 2019 - 03:35 AM.

__Grifter__ #53 Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

I'm chilled. 

OP is a good guy most of the time and everybody should be welcome to post on the forums. 

Its the moaning about nub players that seems to be triggering many as it seems quite hypocritical. Would suggest a bit less of that and everybody will get along. 

Just have fun guys - joke about our missuses, joke about how excellent an idea avatars were, and joke about what bad move WG will make next.

__Grifter__ #54 Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostJuliusHeide, on 08 February 2019 - 03:22 AM, said:

I am not sure it is entirely a case of "play at a tier appropriate for your skill" 
MM can troll you at any tier.

Just looking at tier allocations from MM then statistically 3Hi/4Lo or 4Hi/3Lo should be the most common outcome (70 combinations).

One tank at a lower tier should be a much rarer case (only 7 combinations)

The probability that you are that unlucky lower tier tank is 1/7 of that.

That is 70:1 against being that unlucky tank. (someone more fluent in statistics please help)

I haven’t collected enough stats to test this but it does seem to be a lot more common than 1:70 to be the sole tank at a lower tier...

Definitely more than 1 in 70 battles you're sole lower tier tank.

I do not even really care about that so much anyway. The oppo will have 1 sole lower tier tank too. THe stats I would like to know is how often we are simply lower tier. Now I know that this will vary depending on your winrate and your recent success. I might actually start recording every single battle once i get my PC back up and running.

It really feels like I am bottom tier far more than I am top tier. But as they say in poker, "a player always remembers their bad beats but forgets their lucky hits". This could be true to some extent, so until I start recording this over a larger sample size, it will be difficult to know. I will also be able to find out if there is any pattern after a night of wins/losses in a streak. 

it is truly amazing how often you have one really good night/day where you win loads and are content that you're WR is the same or better than it is - then the very next time that you play, everything seems to conspire against you.

You seem to be put instead into 'these teams must lose' bracket. You get teams of 300 battle players with low winrates against teams full of 10k players with decent winrates and are bottom tier most of the time. The latter is the most annoying because I would not care about being low tier so much if my higher tier players on my team were any good - most of the time they're not and I am still top or close to top damage even though I'm lowest tier. Team compositions also consistently go against you and even RNG does its best to stop you from even defying their plan of you losing. 

The same then happens in the reverse, have a bad day/night and the next time you play you're in the 'these teams must win bracket' 

Edited by __Grifter__, 08 February 2019 - 07:18 AM.

AngryMunky666 #55 Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2959 battles
  • [PVNT]
I have 2 accounts AngryMunky666 my main account and started BadMunky666 to have a second go at event. Neither went great but ended up with Type 59 on second account because it didn’t end up costing too much gold.
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

TnkCmndrToo #56 Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5095 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View Post__Grifter__, on 08 February 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

I'm chilled. 

OP is a good guy most of the time and everybody should be welcome to post on the forums. 

Its the moaning about nub players that seems to be triggering many as it seems quite hypocritical. Would suggest a bit less of that and everybody will get along. 

Just have fun guys - joke about our missuses, joke about how excellent an idea avatars were, and joke about what bad move WG will make next.

Amen.

BossArdnutz #57 Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:19 AM

Sergeant

• 6238 battles
  • [DERPU]

View Post__Grifter__, on 08 February 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

Definitely more than 1 in 70 battles you're sole lower tier tank.

I do not even really care about that so much anyway. The oppo will have 1 sole lower tier tank too. THe stats I would like to know is how often we are simply lower tier. Now I know that this will vary depending on your winrate and your recent success. I might actually start recording every single battle once i get my PC back up and running.

It really feels like I am bottom tier far more than I am top tier. But as they say in poker, "a player always remembers their bad beats but forgets their lucky hits". This could be true to some extent, so until I start recording this over a larger sample size, it will be difficult to know. I will also be able to find out if there is any pattern after a night of wins/losses in a streak. 

it is truly amazing how often you have one really good night/day where you win loads and are content that you're WR is the same or better than it is - then the very next time that you play, everything seems to conspire against you.

You seem to be put instead into 'these teams must lose' bracket. You get teams of 300 battle players with low winrates against teams full of 10k players with decent winrates and are bottom tier most of the time. The latter is the most annoying because I would not care about being low tier so much if my higher tier players on my team were any good - most of the time they're not and I am still top or close to top damage even though I'm lowest tier. Team compositions also consistently go against you and even RNG does its best to stop you from even defying their plan of you losing. 

The same then happens in the reverse, have a bad day/night and the next time you play you're in the 'these teams must win bracket' 

Are you going to use jylpah's python scripts to batch analyse your replay files?

__Grifter__ #58 Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 09 February 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Are you going to use jylpah's python scripts to batch analyse your replay files?

I'd never even heard of that until you mentioned it - I was going to go the manual route with a spreadsheet lol.

Your way sounds easier lol.

http://forum.wotblit...alyze-replays/ 

AngryMunky666 #59 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2959 battles
  • [PVNT]
I am all for not complaining about bad MM, RNG or players moving forward as I find it only makes me focus those things. I’m happier to discuss positive aspects of the game.    :)
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

JuliusHeide #60 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

Private

• 2883 battles
  • [KGRFO]

Wow, just came across the below video for PC WOT.

They actually mention considerations like more lower tier tanks than higher tier tanks etc.

So what we have been discussing here must be glaring anomalies.

Hope that something similar is in the works for Blitz.

https://youtu.be/atfw695FkoQ

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users