Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

erwin10001 #21 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 38140 battles
  • [SEALZ]

if you want to get good MM then create another reroll account. you already experienced how MM gave your new account good games.... otherwise you get the same MM that everyone else has (new accounts excluded). 

TankKilla2 #22 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5835 battles
  • [A_B_T]

View Postanthonylei01, on 06 February 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

look kid,

righto gramps...

random battles are not about fairness,

but they're supposed to be. that's what MM is all about - matchmaking, putting ppl in teams matched according to their ability, so either team has the same chance of winning. but that's NOT what happens all the time, or even most times maybe.

if you want a fair game, Blitz is not the right game for you.

I don't complain and look into areas where I can improve on. 

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

BossArdnutz #23 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:04 PM

Sergeant

• 8881 battles
  • [DERPU]
No, matchmaking is about putting people into teams randomly. Sometimes you'll be in teams with better players and sometimes worse. That's fair too, just a different kind of fair. If you want matching by skill within each battle, play ranked battles.

TnkDztroyer #24 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:14 PM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View PostBossArdnutz, on 07 February 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

No, matchmaking is about putting people into teams randomly.

then why is it called matchmaking if it's purely random?

Sometimes you'll be in teams with better players and sometimes worse. That's fair too, just a different kind of fair.

only if the red team has the same composition

If you want matching by skill within each battle, play ranked battles.

Edited by TnkDztroyer, 06 February 2019 - 08:17 PM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

ZIGZAGZ #25 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:37 AM

Sergeant

• 19824 battles
  • [KILLS]
The fabled '55%' win rate account.

TnkDztroyer #26 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:48 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 07 February 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

The fabled '55%' win rate account.

no. the posting-on-forum account. my current winrate is 53% since it's of such great interest to you. so now I have all the bases covered. if gubby ppl want to go snooping in my stats all they will see is that I'm a super unicum, and they can't go snooping in my active account because they don't know what it is. peace at last!
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

ZIGZAGZ #27 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:55 AM

Sergeant

• 19824 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostTnkDztroyer, on 07 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

no. the posting-on-forum account. my current winrate is 53% since it's of such great interest to you. so now I have all the bases covered. if gubby ppl want to go snooping in my stats all they will see is that I'm a super unicum, and they can't go snooping in my active account because they don't know what it is. peace at last!

All i said was "The fabled 55% win rate account".

Clearly that triggered you.

Your stats void over half the stuff you say, so i can see why you want them out of reach.

TnkDztroyer #28 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:04 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 07 February 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

All i said was "The fabled 55% win rate account".

it was obvious you were talking about me

Clearly that triggered you. Your stats void over half the stuff you say, so i can see why

facts are facts. fact is my WR is 53%, whether you like it or not.

you want them out of reach.

sure. I don't wish to be monitored by ppl who think I need to answer to them for my performance in the game

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

ZIGZAGZ #29 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:37 AM

Sergeant

• 19824 battles
  • [KILLS]

It was obvious that it was a snide remark. And clearly a rhetorical one. So when you say 'it was obvious you were talking to me', i don't know what drugs you are on. :)

Also, the definition of facts:

"a thing that is known or proved to be true."

Not your claims that no one can vouch for :)

And ok, you don't want to be monitored. But i'm sure the people who read your complaints about the game everyday, want to know if it' YOU that is the problem, or the game. 

erwin10001 #30 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 38140 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 07 February 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

And ok, you don't want to be monitored. But i'm sure the people who read your complaints about the game everyday, want to know if it' YOU that is the problem, or the game. 

he created a reroll account, got his winrate up to 55% in the lower tiers. One might suspect that WG tweaks the game a little to allow new players/new accounts an easier time. yes you might say MM is totally random, but it makes total business sense to allow new players an easier time - if they are new and like the game, they may spend money!

But once MM goes back to normal, he starts to complain.

So yes, without seeing his stats, we don't know if it is the game that is the problem or the player... also, if you look at the Destoyer3462 account, he did  play using that account recently (which is why I saw him in-game), but his winrate  for that day was under 50%.... 

Edited by erwin10001, 07 February 2019 - 06:21 AM.

TnkDztroyer #31 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:59 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View Posterwin10001, on 07 February 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

he created a reroll account, got his winrate up to 55% in the lower tiers.

tiers 2 to 8 actually. but why do you have this interest in talking about me? do I talk about you, or anyone here? no!

One might suspect that WG tweaks the game a little to allow new players/new accounts an easier time.

that's often been suggested.

yes you might say MM is totally random, but it makes total business sense to allow new players an easier time - if they are new and like the game, they may spend money!

But once MM goes back to normal, he starts to complain.

oh really? so how is it that other ppl complain about things, and nothing is said, but if I complain about anything it's a big deal? and one person agreed with what I said anyway. I notice that when you post your pretty pictures you get very little response if any. I seem to generate a lot of discussion, but if I'm gonna get picked on and attacked personally for what I say, then I'll just not post anything. I'll just complain to the dog and the cat. they don't mind.

So yes, without seeing his stats, we don't know if it is the game that is the problem or the player... also, if you look at the Destoyer3462 account, he did  play using that account recently (which is why I saw him in-game), but his winrate  for that day was under 50%.... 

so what of it? why attack me about it? what business is it of yours or anyone elses what my winrate is? I did more damage than u in that game anyway. I was beginning to respect you but you're back in the garbage can. have fun posting your pretty pictures that most ppl ignore.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

TnkDztroyer #32 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

Corporal

• 7 battles

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 07 February 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

It was obvious that it was a snide remark. And clearly a rhetorical one. So when you say 'it was obvious you were talking to me',

I never said that. you can't even get your facts right

i don't know what drugs you are on. :)

that's right you don't, but they're all prescription, or over the counter stuff, like vitamins

Also, the definition of facts: "a thing that is known or proved to be true." Not your claims that no one can vouch for :)

that's only part of the definition. a fact is something that is true. it's true that my WR is in the fifties, whether anyone can vouch for it or not.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fact

And ok, you don't want to be monitored. But i'm sure the people who read your complaints about the game everyday,

exagerate much?

want to know if it's YOU that is the problem, or the game. 

well i suggest ppl just mtob

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

__Grifter__ #33 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

I view Erwins pretty pictures and appreciate the work he puts into them. I also appreciate both the comedy value (of his recent ones) and the strategic value that they would offer to players.

Gandalf__Greyhame #34 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

I have a few inactive 55% accounts gathering dust . If you want you can pass one of them as your own :teethhappy:

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 07 February 2019 - 07:24 AM.

__Grifter__ #35 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

I think that the problem Destroyer, is not your stats so much - we have had many sub 50% players on here over the years. Most could care less about your stats tbh as long as you're willing to learn and improve and accept your stats for what they are.

The problem is that you seem to consistently moan about other players, or getting put onto poor teams, or how the game is rigged so that you lose. While these are valid points that many other players have made over the years, you seem ignorant and rather defensive to the fact that you yourself might be contributing more to your losses than any of those factors that you're moaning about. 

As somebody pointed out, an average damage ratio of 0.5 - 0.6 means that you are not even doing the same amount of damage as your own health pool as an average. This means you are losing your health but not taking the more or even the same health off the opposition team - which means that somebody else in your team, or the team as a whole, will have to make up that deficit. It simply means you're not doing at least the bare minimum to be considered enough as a contribution.

Now i know you will say your new account and tell me a new figure that none of us can clarify - which is fine. But just work on at least getting that damage ratio up to over 1 before complaining about other players or teams.

ZIGZAGZ #36 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:27 AM

Sergeant

• 19824 battles
  • [KILLS]

TnkDztroyer: "that's only part of the definition. a fact is something that is true. it's true that my WR is in the fifties, whether anyone can vouch for it or not."

I am pretty sure Destroyer, you are the one using only 'part of the definition', while I am using the word 'FACTS' in its entirety, to be EXISTENT, KNOWN and PROVEN. Such selectivism. 

Oxford Dictionary:

FACT: A thing that is known or proved to be true.

- The truth about events as opposed to interpretation

- Precise details

- Something that must be accepted and cannot be changed, however unpalatable.

Cambridge Dictionary:

FACT: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information.

"well i suggest ppl just mtob"

Says the guy that wants to start discussions but not be accountable for them?

Well you should stop participating in this forum then, since you are the only one who thinks checking stats is being a busybody and making a personal attack and bullying.

Also, why is it wrong for anyone to check your stats, before believing what you say? 

Gandalf__Greyhame #37 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:00 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 06 February 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

why should I? what business is it of yours?

Yeh if you come to a public forum and put up a post complaining about something then others are going to question you if they feel that you are not making a valid point . You can chose to not answer the questions posed by others but don't reply saying " what business of yours ? " . This is a public forum and everyone can jump in .

View Post__Grifter__, on 07 February 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

I think that the problem Destroyer, is not your stats so much - we have had many sub 50% players on here over the years. Most could care less about your stats tbh as long as you're willing to learn and improve and accept your stats for what they are.

The problem is that you seem to consistently moan about other players, or getting put onto poor teams, or how the game is rigged so that you lose. While these are valid points that many other players have made over the years, you seem ignorant and rather defensive to the fact that you yourself might be contributing more to your losses than any of those factors that you're moaning about. 

As somebody pointed out, an average damage ratio of 0.5 - 0.6 means that you are not even doing the same amount of damage as your own health pool as an average. This means you are losing your health but not taking the more or even the same health off the opposition team - which means that somebody else in your team, or the team as a whole, will have to make up that deficit. It simply means you're not doing at least the bare minimum to be considered enough as a contribution.

Now i know you will say your new account and tell me a new figure that none of us can clarify - which is fine. But just work on at least getting that damage ratio up to over 1 before complaining about other players or teams.

This is exactly what he does not seem to understand . I have no issues with even the worst skilled players being in the game . The game should not simply be catered for the 60% plus WR players . There would be no 60% wr players if there were no 40% and 50% players . What I do dislike is people not accepting their skill level , finding excuses and claiming that they are super skilled when they are clearly not .

erwin10001 #38 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 38140 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View Post__Grifter__, on 07 February 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

I 100% agree with this. All the regular players are getting the same MM as him (I have a theory that new accounts/new players receive favourable MM for a while...). But it seems that all he does is complain instead of improving and finding ways to win despite the MM.

He's not revealing his new account because the 55% was as high as he's going to get because he got favourable MM as a new account. After that its all downhill from there and he'll drop back to under 50%, as his recent performance in his old account suggests. Yet he will continue to be negative and defensive rather than finding ways to improve his play. 

He also doesn't seem to understand that when he posts in this forums, he should expect a response and the forummers to express their opinions. If you don't want others to express their opinions on your opinions, then go and raise a ticket with WG on why MM is so bad instead of posting here.

SaltyMuppet #39 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• 3980 battles
MM is what it is. Nothing to do but deal with the s*** hand you get dealt.
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

anthonylei01 #40 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

Captain

• 16101 battles
  • [CPVA]

View Postanthonylei01, on 06 February 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

look kid,

righto gramps...

random battles are not about fairness,

but they're supposed to be. that's what MM is all about - matchmaking, putting ppl in teams matched according to their ability, so either team has the same chance of winning. but that's NOT what happens all the time, or even most times maybe.

if you want a fair game, Blitz is not the right game for you.

I don't complain and look into areas where I can improve on. 

then blitz is not the right game for you

bye bye

Edited by anthonylei01, 07 February 2019 - 12:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users