Instant High Ping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Fidel_Dionesio #1 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:23 AM

Corporal

• 25176 battles
  • [OO8]

Do i have to suffer from instant high ping? is it not a consideration for a player who suffers bad connection? i was playing smoothly but suddenly the ping doesn't move and error appears on my screen saying affirmative, i tried to cancel and try to go back to game but i came back late because the team was all gone. now after the game a complaint was given against me, and some players say bad words, i want to appeal to the WG staff, give the penalties to our internet provider not to us players because they were the one who make mistakes and we are inocents. 

unsopporting conduct must be awarded to a player who is active in the game but doesn't help the team in winning, and inactivity must be awarded to a player that is active in the game but doesn't do any damage or just hiding waiting for a target to come close. remember that this online game needs a internet connection and if the internet is gone you can't do anything in the game... instant high ping causes a lot of damages in my WR and even complaints, some say why do i play with bad connection? well my answer is, its a what we called instant bad connection in the middle of the game, yellow light in the ping but when you get in the game the ping is too high. this is my problem ever since i get in the game.

2OLD2CARE #2 Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 117965 battles
  • [FOTB]

What you have is normal for a large number of players

Bad reports go with the game - no matter how good or bad you play

How can a player be active in the game and not help his team in winning??

__Grifter__ #3 Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostFidel_Dionesio, on 01 February 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

Do i have to suffer from instant high ping? is it not a consideration for a player who suffers bad connection? i was playing smoothly but suddenly the ping doesn't move and error appears on my screen saying affirmative, i tried to cancel and try to go back to game but i came back late because the team was all gone. now after the game a complaint was given against me, and some players say bad words, i want to appeal to the WG staff, give the penalties to our internet provider not to us players because they were the one who make mistakes and we are inocents. 

unsopporting conduct must be awarded to a player who is active in the game but doesn't help the team in winning, and inactivity must be awarded to a player that is active in the game but doesn't do any damage or just hiding waiting for a target to come close. remember that this online game needs a internet connection and if the internet is gone you can't do anything in the game... instant high ping causes a lot of damages in my WR and even complaints, some say why do i play with bad connection? well my answer is, its a what we called instant bad connection in the middle of the game, yellow light in the ping but when you get in the game the ping is too high. this is my problem ever since i get in the game.

I would suggest that these sudden ping spikes are when another person in your household is using the WiFi as well for something fairly intensive such as playing a game or streaming a movie. That can only be the real reason if your internet works okay normally. 

I am not sure you can suggest that WG penalises your ISP (not that this is realistic or even remotely possible anyway) simply because you subscribed to that internet. If your internet is not good enough, you either get a better internet or play a game that is not so reliant on a decent connection.

Edited by __Grifter__, 01 February 2019 - 07:24 AM.

xX_lubeup_Xx #4 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:37 AM

Corporal

• 20349 battles
  • [N_O_B]

View PostFidel_Dionesio, on 01 February 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

​consider rebooting your wifi router. or maybe turning off anything that uses internet other than what you are playing on. there are a couple videos that show you how to speed up your internet. If you are liing on an island nation like i do, i am sure that the wifi is very inconsistent and you will find alot of trouble trying to play. 

__Grifter__ #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

I have 50mb fiber which is more than enough speed wise for this game but these speeds can be bottlenecked if you use WiFi for your connection rather than being directly wired. Standard WiFi routers that come with many ISPs are not very good and even with the fastest speeds, if you're sharing your WiFi connection with anyone else, you will get bad ping and ping spikes.

For Blitz I play on a Windows 10 laptop that is wired by ethernet cable direct to the router and this gives me excellent ping. Even if somebody else is using the WiFi it does not affect me. If I switch to WiFi however and others are using it - I should expect a poor playing experience.

I suggest playing the game when you know nobody else is using your wifi - or finding a way to connect to your modem directly. 

This link might help - https://www.davebenn...id-to-ethernet/

Edited by __Grifter__, 13 February 2019 - 06:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users