Jump to content


Are meds the most difficult tanks to play stock?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15220 battles
  • 327
  • [SUB40]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

Particularly with low crew-mastery, mediums are the worst stock tanks in the game. Particularly at tier 9. Both the PTA and the 7/1 are famous for sucking as stock grinds. This is not a call for change, just a frustrated rant

 



2OLD2CARE #2 Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 131247 battles
  • 381
  • [FOTB]
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostIGNORE_MY_WINRATE, on 31 January 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

Particularly with low crew-mastery, mediums are the worst stock tanks in the game. Particularly at tier 9. Both the PTA and the 7/1 are famous for sucking as stock grinds. This is not a call for change, just a frustrated rant

 

 

Yeup - standard gripe - LOL LOL

 



erwin10001 #3 Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:23 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41937 battles
  • 987
  • [NETS]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

I'm waiting for the next Mad Games to grind my new higher tier tanks!

 

 



hater_ind #4 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4714 battles
  • 126
  • [SEA]
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016
wut? you miss the fun grinding tortoise with that pew pew autoloader.i was only rage sold 5 times before getting top gun(Fxxing Nightmare XD)

TnkCmndrToo #5 Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:51 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5735 battles
  • 606
  • [FOES]
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

Cent 7/1 grind is apparently tolerable compared to some of the other tier 9 meds (all tier 9 meds are renowned for having terrible stock grinds though). I personally found that it was just about manageable - I was able to keep my stock WR at just about 50%. But it's a very gun-centric tank, so even if you just have the HESH gun you're at pretty much 80-90% of fighting capacity. Other mediums need the mobility a lot more.

 

Personally, I think the easiest tank classes to play stock (in general) are, in order of increasing difficulty:

 

1. Heavy tanks (you can still be a meat shield or hold a line)

2. Light tanks (once you have your mobility upgraded you're pretty much good to go)

3. Tank destroyers (you can snipe and support)

4. Medium tanks.

 

Newbies - be sure to pay some credits to have a tank at 75% crew before you start grinding. Of course in an ideal world we would save up all the Free XP we need, but that can be difficult and time-consuming. A good compromise is to try save the free XP you need for one important module (which module will depend on the tank - e.g lights will need engine upgrade first, hull-down tanks will need turret upgrade first, etc.).



__Grifter__ #6 Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:30 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 01 February 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

Cent 7/1 grind is apparently tolerable compared to some of the other tier 9 meds (all tier 9 meds are renowned for having terrible stock grinds though). I personally found that it was just about manageable - I was able to keep my stock WR at just about 50%. But it's a very gun-centric tank, so even if you just have the HESH gun you're at pretty much 80-90% of fighting capacity. Other mediums need the mobility a lot more.

 

Personally, I think the easiest tank classes to play stock (in general) are, in order of increasing difficulty:

 

1. Heavy tanks (you can still be a meat shield or hold a line)

2. Light tanks (once you have your mobility upgraded you're pretty much good to go)

3. Tank destroyers (you can snipe and support)

4. Medium tanks.

 

Newbies - be sure to pay some credits to have a tank at 75% crew before you start grinding. Of course in an ideal world we would save up all the Free XP we need, but that can be difficult and time-consuming. A good compromise is to try save the free XP you need for one important module (which module will depend on the tank - e.g lights will need engine upgrade first, hull-down tanks will need turret upgrade first, etc.).

 

Absolutely, the MT is the all-rounder that is a jack of all trades and a master of none in most respects. This means there is no really obvious module that is the obvious one to upgrade first so that it can still compete. HTs are by far the easiest to grind as they still have a bit of armour and have that deterrent value (to those that are not able to tell the difference between a stock tank and a fully-upgraded one) - its amazing how many people still scurry into cover when they see a stock KV2.

ZIGZAGZ #7 Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:58 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 25124 battles
  • 267
  • [KILLS]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2017

MTs are indeed the toughest before they reach 100% crew or with upgrades. Reasons already mentioned in this thread considerably.

But i think it's still negligible only until Tier 7-10, when MTs just get bulldozed if they aren't maxed out, especially against upper tiers.

 

On a side note, I thoroughly enjoyed the Tank Destroyer, RHM Borsig at its stock. Such that until today, with 2000+ battles later, I am still using its stock gun. 58% win rate on it was really hard fought. 


Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 01 February 2019 - 07:58 AM.


TnkCmndrToo #8 Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5735 battles
  • 606
  • [FOES]
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View Post__Grifter__, on 01 February 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

 

Absolutely, the MT is the all-rounder that is a jack of all trades and a master of none in most respects. This means there is no really obvious module that is the obvious one to upgrade first so that it can still compete. HTs are by far the easiest to grind as they still have a bit of armour and have that deterrent value (to those that are not able to tell the difference between a stock tank and a fully-upgraded one) - its amazing how many people still scurry into cover when they see a stock KV2.

 

I agree with you on the stock KV-2 :D  for any newbies out there, a stock KV-2 will have a short, relatively thin gun, and a turret that is slightly tilted back a the face and slightly 'pointed' (triangular) at the back. Nothing to worry about if you have any amount of armour, but still formidable if you're in a paper light tank.

_MR_TICKLES_ #9 Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:19 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 23336 battles
  • 85
  • [UFD-1]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2015

View PostIGNORE_MY_WINRATE, on 31 January 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

Particularly with low crew-mastery, mediums are the worst stock tanks in the game. Particularly at tier 9. Both the PTA and the 7/1 are famous for sucking as stock grinds. This is not a call for change, just a frustrated rant

 

 

I agree with what you think about the PT A so, therefore, you use your free XP to boost that research if you are not a P2W. but the modules you research should only be the first engine or gun. don't waste too much



_MR_TICKLES_ #10 Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 23336 battles
  • 85
  • [UFD-1]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2015
i am also pretty sure you will rarely get up tiered and you will not find any trouble versing low tier tanks




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users