spotted by enemies

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Fidel_Dionesio #1 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:23 AM

Corporal

• 28937 battles
  • [OO8]
is it a part of the program that there's a part of the map where you can't be easily spotted by the enemy while you will see them first before they do? actually  i have observed in some maps that there are centers where you can't be easily seen while you can shot first the enemy before they noticed you were in the middle watching over them. 

2OLD2CARE #2 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 131188 battles
  • [FOTB]
Yes it is!!!- with your battle numbers you should know this!!!

Gandalf__Greyhame #3 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostFidel_Dionesio, on 18 January 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

is it a part of the program that there's a part of the map where you can't be easily spotted by the enemy while you will see them first before they do? actually  i have observed in some maps that there are centers where you can't be easily seen while you can shot first the enemy before they noticed you were in the middle watching over them. 

Is it possible to play 25K battles at a respectable 55%WR without knowing how spotting mechanism works ?

Cugologist #4 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

Sergeant

• 28259 battles
  • [DERPU]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 18 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Is it possible to play 25K battles at a respectable 55%WR without knowing how spotting mechanism works ?

Apparently, yes it is possible...

aazim #5 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 21963 battles
  • [_404]

you mean part of map that has bushes?

__Grifter__ #6 Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View range, camo rating, whether you're moving/firing will all effect how easily it is to be spotted. Using cover like bushes will also improve your camo rating as will buying camo for your tank.

Light tanks also have the best camo rating and view range (generally) due to their role being scouts that are meant to spot the enemies for their team. A light tank even has full camo rating when moving - the only tank type in the game that has this. 

Tanks going to centre on certain maps is to spot the enemy as this is the best place to get a good view of most of the map. A light tank is best for this though i often find my LTs do not even know what spotting is so I end up doing it in a medium tank.

Anyhow - just watch this - https://www.youtube....h?v=q9RMLe_S7h0

Fidel_Dionesio #7 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• 28937 battles
  • [OO8]
there was one time that i was team up with a very high win rate player with 61% 56k battles, he drives a dracula and went directly in the middle but we heavies drives slowly along the red lines now because he was spotted of four enemy tanks, he was not enough for all four heavy tank shots-(Killed instantly) maybe when he turned around we are far so he complained and said "fck team" why are you there? why didn't you follow me? now i said on public message, ur fault you go directly to the middle where you can be easily seen and he says after the game on private message, "that's what i do and i did it to get me a high win rate u f oo l" don't ever teach me!!!! he says, now those were the things keeps on bothering me, if that was a part of the program then a good player must be familiar to it, and i think its not offensive if a player like ask question like this to clarify one thing.

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #8 Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
I see so many people in TD’s  park in bushes with gun poking out and think “I have camo and I have bush why am I spotted when I shoot”

So many videos on all this stuff and so few people using them.

__Grifter__ #9 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostYOLO_Munky, on 23 January 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

I see so many people in TD’s park in bushes with gun poking out and think “I have camo and I have bush why am I spotted when I shoot”

So many videos on all this stuff and so few people using them.

Yup, same with LTs which have excellent camo rating - even when on the move. How many times you see a LT that does the first part right of getting in to a position to spot most of the opfor only to then go and mess it up by firing too early and revealing his position. Within a second they have 5-7 guns aimed at them and they're suddenly out the game.

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #10 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View Post__Grifter__, on 23 January 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Yup, same with LTs which have excellent camo rating - even when on the move. How many times you see a LT that does the first part right of getting in to a position to spot most of the opfor only to then go and mess it up by firing too early and revealing his position. Within a second they have 5-7 guns aimed at them and they're suddenly out the game.

Too true and I admit my Leopard and AMX ELC bis play needs some serious rethinking.

__Grifter__ #11 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostYOLO_Munky, on 24 January 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

Too true and I admit my Leopard and AMX ELC bis play needs some serious rethinking.

Have to admit that it can be quite hard to resist the temptation to take a shot as soon as you spot the oppo but better to let your team mates catch up and start engaging the targets you have lit first.

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #12 Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 14699 battles
  • [SUB40]

View PostAngryMunky666, on 24 January 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

if you're talking Vk 16.02 then just free XP the darn thing. It sucks nuts these days

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #13 Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostIGNORE_MY_WINRATE, on 22 February 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

if you're talking Vk 16.02 then just free XP the darn thing. It sucks nuts these days

Yeah that’s the one. I am crap in light tanks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users