WG logic versus outcomes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Neb10k #1 Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

Captain

• 59773 battles
  • [KR0N0]

Problem#1: Begginers struggle at low tiers

Solution: Reduce low tiers. Advance begginers to high tiers, put experienced players on their teams.

Problem#2. Begginers struggle at high tiers.

Now what Developers?

You broke low tiers and high tiers in one move.

After 3.8?you said you would listen to the player base. Almost every one on the forums said this was a bad idea. You did it anyway. 

What now?

TnkCmndrToo #2 Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5172 battles
  • [DYN-T]
If it isn't obvious by now, WG don't really care. We just have to make the best of it.

TankKilla2 #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5630 battles
  • [7PD]

View PostNeb10k, on 11 January 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Solution: Reduce low tiers. Advance begginers to high tiers, put experienced players on their teams.

Now what Developers?

After 3.8?you said you would listen to the player base. Almost every one on the forums said this was a bad idea. You did it anyway. 

What now?

I find the lower tiers very good now because we can gain experience in map layouts, tactics, shooting, movement, tank capabilities/strengths/weknesses,, etc., because the changes of 5.5 have made it so we can't get killed very easily. also we don't have to grind crew experience. so it's good. I think the problem is that players don't stay in the lower tiers long enough before advancing, and unfortunately 5.5 has made that easier to do.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

aazim #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21963 battles
  • [_404]
WG devs is just ******. They doesnt even ****** care on this game quality. They are ***** ***** devs and deserved to be ****************************************
wgreed

ankitgusai19 #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 45090 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostNeb10k, on 11 January 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

Now what Developers?

What now?

I think this is slight exaggeration. 
WG has made mistakes in past i am not denying that, but It is far too early IMO to firmly conclude that lower tier revamp is a complete bust, also, as you have implied the purpose of that was to make new player rush higher tiers which I do not think is the case, although I could be wrong.

Regarding incompetent players at higher tier, its is nothing new, every new year event since the beginning of new year events have had that, I suppose that opinion of yours could be our of frustration. 

For WG not listening to player base, that is not entirely true either. Personally I have never seen official WG statement of "From hereon forward we(Wargaming.net) will listen and act upon the public opinion", although they do, its just that every impulse of every player is not possible to accommodate. 

Again, I am not with WG or against them. Some of your points could be legit, we just don't have enough sample to conclude for sure.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 11 January 2019 - 05:59 AM.

__Grifter__ #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View Postankitgusai19, on 11 January 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

WG has made mistakes in past i am not denying that, but It is far too early IMO to firmly conclude that lower tier revamp is a complete bust, also, as you have implied the purpose of that was to make new player rush higher tiers which I do not think is the case, although I could be wrong.

Regarding incompetent players at higher tier, its is nothing new, every new year event since the beginning of new year events have had that, I suppose that opinion of yours could be our of frustration. 

For WG not listening to player base, that is not entirely true either. Personally I have never seen official WG statement of "From hereon forward we(Wargaming.net) will listen and act upon the public opinion", although they do, its just that every impulse of every player is not possible to accommodate. 

Again, I am not with WG or against them. Some of your points could be legit, we just don't have enough sample to conclude for sure.

With respect, this update has pushed players up the tiers quicker. For one, players have far fewer tanks to choose from, so in many cases, so their tech trees are already forcing them up rather than sideways as much. Secondly, have you tried to get into a tier 1, 2 or even 3 game recently? All I hear from people is that it now takes a number o minutes in many cases to be able to even get into battles - this will surely deter newbies from playing down there when they have a shiny tier5/6 or higher that gets into battles almost instantly. The reason for those queues? The 100 bot-battle tutorial that uses a seperate que for new players to play out their first 100-battles. The 'real' lower tiers queues now have fewer players waiting for games as they are forced to play against mindless bots first.

Neb10k #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:42 AM

Captain

• 59773 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View Postankitgusai19, on 11 January 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

The rush of begginers to high tiers could well be an unintended consequence- not saying this was the intent but it is an outcome that people could predict with some forethought.

WG did state explicitly that they were listening to the player base when they reversed the spare parts travesty. Then ruined low tiers despite opposition on all forums (well NA EU and asia, cant read russian).

The critique is fair and needs to be discussed.

The point from Grifter above about waiting times for low tier battles. Yes, that is what is happening. Basically it is next to impossible to play low tiers. Half my garage is useless. Or put differently the game is half what it once was.

Why ruin half your product? People enjoyed tanks like the t46 and T82. 

Bad outcomes. Poor planning.

Edited by Neb10k, 11 January 2019 - 08:48 AM.

Neb10k #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

Captain

• 59773 battles
  • [KR0N0]
And, with further thought, the problem with begginers at high tiers is worse tgan ever for three reasons:

1. Less tanks, quicker grind.
2. Bot training during grind. So poorer skills than before.
3. Sale of high tier tanks.

All that happens now is begginers get clubbed at high tiers.

Ive seen tier 6 tanks with 300 battles. 100 of them against bots. How do reckon thise players go?

f1reguy #9 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

Sergeant

• 33362 battles
  • [1914]
They noticed an issue, and in 5.7 they adjust the firepower of low tiers all over again... meadsy69 vid, and most likely others doing run downs...

__Grifter__ #10 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

Yeah, seen that video from Meadsy

https://www.youtube....h?v=Yt-hCgdTT58

Does nothing really regarding the low tier pen increases etc. probably just trying to speed up the battles a little more so that those waiting in the queue for five minutes can wait 30 seconds less.

jzmalexander #11 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Sergeant

• 12843 battles
  • [JD]

View PostNeb10k, on 10 January 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

Now what Developers?

What now?

they did listen. They're nerfing The 183 And buffing lower tiered tanks. Its What The community complains about so they changed it

G_Unit #12 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Corporal

• 8462 battles
  • [TNIAD]

I just want them to stop pushing higher tier sales after sales....

Do some lower tier sales for once..

TankKilla2 #13 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5630 battles
  • [7PD]

View PostG_Unit, on 11 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I just want them to stop pushing higher tier sales after sales....

Do some lower tier sales for once..

I agree

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

SaltyMuppet #14 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3705 battles

I’m Triggered again... WG I will expect compensation for all the Valium I have consumed while playing Blitz.Why bother with tiers 1-4 just scrap them and make another 20 tier 10 premiums so new players don’t have to bother with a grind. They will lose money and buy tier 8 premiums and probably still lose money and buy tier 5 premiums. Money problems solved.

Why care about your 20,30, 50k battle players they mean nothing to you for some unknown reason even though they are still buying tanks and premium time etc and they are here for the long haul (for now) so seems like really bad financial logic to alienate them. Mission accomplished.

Edited by RAAC_M1A1, 11 January 2019 - 08:29 PM.

”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users