Churchill III

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Destroyer3462 #1 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5524 battles
  • [S-B-P]
I notice that this tank does not have oak leaves, although it is a gold tank. does that mean it's not a premium tank, and can't earn +50% credits, but is just a tank that can be purchased? tia,
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

BossArdnutz #2 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:52 AM

Sergeant

• 5172 battles
  • [DERPU]

It does have oak leaves on my Blitz? Seems to work like every other premium...

I have a question about it though. Can anyone explain how to set up a sidescrape in the thing? The hull pokes through the centre of the track sponsons and there's a big weak spot at the front of the tracks where pretty much anything (including stock KV-1) will go right through into the hull. See:

https://wotinspector...2787,14596,9226

Of course the turret front isn't great either, though I suppose you can keep the turret pointed straight forwards until you roll back and then just aim at the last moment, but hitting weak spots on enemy tanks like KV-1 or tier V-VI German heavies is pretty tricky if you're waving the gun around like that...

What equipment/consumables/provisions does everyone else run it with? I've been running Rammer, EGLD, and Refined Gun but considering switching to Vert. Stabilizer; Defence System, Enhanced Armour and Toolbox (thinking about switching all of those), Optics, Improved Controls and High-End Consumables (thinking of switching to Engine Accelerator). Usually run Repair Kit, Multi-kit, and Adrenaline consumables and fuel and food provisions.

Edited by BossArdnutz, 10 January 2019 - 03:57 AM.

Destroyer3462 #3 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5524 battles
  • [S-B-P]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 10 January 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

It does have oak leaves on my Blitz?

it doesn't now. http://auslink.space/wotb/church3.jpg

Seems to work like every other premium...

I have a question about it though. Can anyone explain how to set up a sidescrape in the thing? The hull pokes through the centre of the track sponsons and there's a big weak spot at the front of the tracks where pretty much anything (including stock KV-1) will go right through into the hull. See:

Of course the turret front isn't great either, though I suppose you can keep the turret pointed straight forwards until you roll back and then just aim at the last moment, but hitting weak spots on enemy tanks like KV-1 or tier V-VI German heavies is pretty tricky if you're waving the gun around like that...

What equipment/consumables/provisions does everyone else run it with? I've been running Rammer, EGLD, and Refined Gun but considering switching to Vert. Stabilizer; Defence System, Enhanced Armour and Toolbox (thinking about switching all of those), Optics, Improved Controls and High-End Consumables (thinking of switching to Engine Accelerator). Usually run Repair Kit, Multi-kit, and Adrenaline consumables and fuel and food provisions.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

BossArdnutz #4 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:45 AM

Sergeant

• 5172 battles
  • [DERPU]
I remember why that is now. Like the 8,8cm Pak 43 JagdTiger, the Churchill III has a choice of guns. Once you unlock the alternative gun you'll get the wreath. I can't remember how much the unlock is because I did it ages ago, but if it's like the JgTig.8,8 cm, it'll only be 100XP or so. IS-6 might be the same as that has two guns as well, I've had it for a while so I can't remember what it looked like in the shop.

TnkCmndrToo #5 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4961 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 10 January 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

It does have oak leaves on my Blitz? Seems to work like every other premium...

A lot of the Chrurchiils are like that. You just have to keep your drive wheel hidden as best you can.

Chaeboi #6 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

Corporal

• 9825 battles

The 'oak leaves' you're talking about means elite status. Vehicles can only achieve elite status if all of their modules (+ following vehicles for tech tree tanks tier 9 and under) have been researched. Most premiums already have elite status with exceptions where the tank can equip alternate guns.

This doesn't affect the tank's credit earning capabilities, a premium tank is still a premium tank.

Edited by Chaeboi, 10 January 2019 - 07:51 AM.

Premiums/Collectors: Independence, Lowe, Object 730, CDC, T-44-100, Dracula, Tankenstein, KV-13, Rudy, Schmalturm, Stridsvagn, Type 64, AC IV Sentinel, SU-100Y, Scavenger, T82, T1E6.

BossArdnutz #7 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

Sergeant

• 5172 battles
  • [DERPU]
so really you're driving a short TOG II*... any oppo heavy or TD is going to be able to pen you from pretty well any angle... makes using the great DPM a bit tricky!

Destroyer3462 #8 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5524 battles
  • [S-B-P]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 10 January 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

I remember why that is now. Like the 8,8cm Pak 43 JagdTiger, the Churchill III has a choice of guns. Once you unlock the alternative gun you'll get the wreath. I can't remember how much the unlock is because I did it ages ago, but if it's like the JgTig.8,8 cm, it'll only be 100XP or so. IS-6 might be the same as that has two guns as well, I've had it for a while so I can't remember what it looked like in the shop.

Ahhh, I see. all is revealed. :) yes, I remember the 100 exp needed for the other gun. it's the only prem tank I've ever seen with any upgrade option.
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Destroyer3462 #9 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5524 battles
  • [S-B-P]

View PostChaeboi, on 10 January 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

The 'oak leaves' you're talking about means elite status. Vehicles can only achieve elite status if all of their modules (+ following vehicles for tech tree tanks tier 9 and under) have been researched. Most premiums already have elite status with exceptions where the tank can equip alternate guns.

This doesn't affect the tank's credit earning capabilities, a premium tank is still a premium tank.

I see. thanks, that explains it.
Veni, Vidi, Lusi

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #10 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• 19602 battles
  • [ACT-1]
a tip on sidescraping with church. just show tracks only. theyll think thay can pen the weak under hull but will only track you

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

TnkCmndrToo #11 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4961 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View PostxXYoloNoobSwagXx, on 11 January 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

a tip on sidescraping with church. just show tracks only. theyll think thay can pen the weak under hull but will only track you

Good tip, will give it a shot.

Diamond114 #12 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

Captain

• 16092 battles
  • [408]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 10 January 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Ahhh, I see. all is revealed. :) yes, I remember the 100 exp needed for the other gun. it's the only prem tank I've ever seen with any upgrade option.

Any premiums with two gun selection will have the option as well (IS-6, JgTiger 8.8 to name a few. Tankenstein as well)

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

BossArdnutz #13 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Sergeant

• 5172 battles
  • [DERPU]

Have found the 76mm gun to be more effective on this tank in the last few battles. Sort of a mix of angling, wriggling, peek-a-booming... can pull into cover better without giving up as much DPM since there's just a little bit longer reload, and the better gun handling makes it easier to get the damage happening despite the lower pen. Managed a mastery tonight, teams weren't terribly balanced and RNG definitely took care of me but hey, another night it'll be the other way around so I'll take what I can get.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users