Equipment slots in tier 3

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

TankKilla2 #1 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6326 battles
  • [BTC2]
Equipment slots cost 20/25/30k credits, yet credits received for a battle can be as little as 1,000 or less, and usually not more than 2,500. so even if we (generously) take 2k as an average result, it's taking a minimum of 10 battles just to fill the first item on the first row! so we're looking at over 100 battles to fill all the slots. surely this is out of proportion?

Edited by Destroyer3462, 10 January 2019 - 10:46 AM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Diamond114 #2 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:42 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 10 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Equipment slots cost 20/25/30k gold, yet credits received for a battle can be as little as 1,000 or less, and usually not more than 2,500. so even if we (generously) take 2k as an average result, it's taking a minimum of 10 battles just to fill the first item on the first row! so we're looking at over 100 battles to fill all the slots. surely this is out of proportion?

- First of all, it costs credits/ silvers. Not gold

- Secondly, does your use of K refer to a thousand or ten thousand? General norm is a thousand?

- Thirdly, depending on skills and playstyle, it is not absolutely necessary to unlock ALL slots. I do fine in my IS-3, and that thing only had 4 slots unlocked in total (Gun Rammer, the middle one that protects against ramming and engine fire, and Optics along with Improved Control). Some tanks I do unlock all the way up to Vertical Stabilizer, but most of those were keeper tanks like Fury and Edelweiss. Some that I haven't quite figure out yet (T37, T32) I go up until GLD, but even those were from creds that I accumulate from playing other tanks

- Lastly, if you can afford to complete missions while winning a game your income increases by some margin. Most of these do demand active participation in a fight (Supersonic; hit an enemy while moving, On The Move; spot and kill one tank, doesn't have to be the same tank from what I see, win the match and survive; etc)

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

fjvhk #3 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:53 AM

Sergeant

• 30506 battles
  • [ARMD]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 10 January 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Equipment slots cost 20/25/30k gold, yet credits received for a battle can be as little as 1,000 or less, and usually not more than 2,500. so even if we (generously) take 2k as an average result, it's taking a minimum of 10 battles just to fill the first item on the first row! so we're looking at over 100 battles to fill all the slots. surely this is out of proportion?

I think you mean silver/credits not gold. If it was gold that would be too much.

The amount of credits earned per battle does vary with performance, you may even lose credits on poor battles.

Other ways to improve credit earnings:

Apply credit boosters before battles,

make sure to take advantage of the 2x resets each day

pay attention to vehicle anniversaries (5x credits)

apply premium time certs

drive premium vehicles

Open the containers every day as they also may drop credits and boosters (rng willing)

The earning rate does improve as you go up the tiers, but so does the equipment costs. Hehe, have you noticed crew skills prices...

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #4 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
I have all equipment slots filled on all tanks I own.

__Grifter__ #5 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

Win more consistently, earn more consistently.

Tips from RAAC are good ones.

Want to give a health boost to your credits? - drive a premium tank with good credit coefficiency alongside some premium time (easy to get through certificates) for as much as possible for the duration of that prem time. 

Other tips:

Watch your prammo loadouts - a handful of between 3-5 shells is enough for me in general and only fire them when you really have to.

Watch your consumables usage - I see players spamming adrenaline when they really do not have to. These are very expensive and should only be used when there is no other option. Speed boosts too are rather pointless in my opinion.

Do as much damage as possible and do your best to win each battle - damage and wins equals good reward.

Do you really need that fancy camo? If it is costing you credits to use it every battle, make sure it is worth it. I would say mobile tanks and TDs are the only ones that really benefit from additional camo value to make it worth the cost.

TankKilla2 #6 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6326 battles
  • [BTC2]

View PostDiamond114, on 10 January 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

- First of all, it costs credits/ silvers. Not gold

yeah, I know. that was a slip of the keyboard 

- Secondly, does your use of K refer to a thousand or ten thousand? General norm is a thousand?

one thousand

- Thirdly, depending on skills and playstyle, it is not absolutely necessary to unlock ALL slots. I do fine in my IS-3, and that thing only had 4 slots unlocked in total (Gun Rammer, the middle one that protects against ramming and engine fire, and Optics along with Improved Control). Some tanks I do unlock all the way up to Vertical Stabilizer, but most of those were keeper tanks like Fury and Edelweiss. Some that I haven't quite figure out yet (T37, T32) I go up until GLD, but even those were from creds that I accumulate from playing other tanks

- Lastly, if you can afford to complete missions while winning a game your income increases by some margin. Most of these do demand active participation in a fight (Supersonic; hit an enemy while moving, On The Move; spot and kill one tank, doesn't have to be the same tank from what I see, win the match and survive; etc)

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

aazim #7 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21963 battles
  • [_404]
thats why new players should not rush tanks. Master the tank first (know its strength and weakness), then you will be able do more dmage= more credits. master at least one premium tank even low tier premium tanks. Fastest way to make money is tier 8 premium tanks BUT only if you are able do alot of damage, at least 1.5k dmge per battle

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #8 Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
I would like advice... enhanced tracks or toolbox.

TankKilla2 #9 Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6326 battles
  • [BTC2]

View PostRAAC_M1A1, on 10 January 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

I've noticed baaadmutha uses toolbox

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

TankKilla2 #10 Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6326 battles
  • [BTC2]

View Postfjvhk, on 10 January 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

I think you mean silver/credits not gold. If it was gold that would be too much.

The amount of credits earned per battle does vary with performance, you may even lose credits on poor battles.

Other ways to improve credit earnings:

Apply credit boosters before battles,

make sure to take advantage of the 2x resets each day

pay attention to vehicle anniversaries (5x credits)

apply premium time certs

drive premium vehicles

Open the containers every day as they also may drop credits and boosters (rng willing)

I do all the above

The earning rate does improve as you go up the tiers, but so does the equipment costs.

I think the cost of equipment in the lower tiers tho is too much compared to the miserable amount of credits you earn in battle. in the higher tiers, although the cost of equipment is higher, you earn much more in battle, as you say. I can recall paying for slots with only 3 games credits

Hehe, have you noticed crew skills prices...

yes  :amazed:

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

TankKilla2 #11 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6326 battles
  • [BTC2]

View PostDiamond114, on 10 January 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

it is not absolutely necessary to unlock ALL slots.

If you don't unlock all the slots they keep glowing, and I find it annoying

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

BossArdnutz #12 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 11254 battles
  • [DERPU]
A better player (there's lots of those) that I often platoon with told me the enhanced tracks doesn't actually do anything, so I've been using toolbox.

__Grifter__ #13 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

Toolbox all the way

http://forum.wotblit...o-38-equipment/

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #14 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
Awesome thanks will make sure I have toolbox. Just found I can +1 for comments but only on full version. This should be included on mobile version.

Edited by RAAC_M1A1, 10 January 2019 - 07:20 AM.

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #15 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View Post__Grifter__, on 10 January 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

Perfect link for what I was after and I will be changing a couple of other slots around too :)

CostOfNameChange2500 #16 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

Corporal

• 10333 battles

View PostBossArdnutz, on 10 January 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

A better player (there's lots of those) that I often platoon with told me the enhanced tracks doesn't actually do anything, so I've been using toolbox.

It repairs your tracks from slightly damaged condition (yellow) to standard condition, so it does actually do something but it's useless.

Premiums/Collectors: Independence, Lowe, Object 730, CDC, T-44-100, Dracula, Tankenstein, KV-13, Rudy, Schmalturm, Stridsvagn, Type 64, AC IV Sentinel, SU-100Y, Scavenger, T82, T1E6.

TankKilla2 #17 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6326 battles
  • [BTC2]

View Post__Grifter__, on 10 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Win more consistently, earn more consistently.

Tips from RAAC are good ones.

Want to give a health boost to your credits? - drive a premium tank with good credit coefficiency alongside some premium time (easy to get through certificates) for as much as possible for the duration of that prem time. 

Other tips:

Watch your prammo loadouts - a handful of between 3-5 shells is enough for me in general and only fire them when you really have to.

Watch your consumables usage - I see players spamming adrenaline when they really do not have to. These are very expensive and should only be used when there is no other option. Speed boosts too are rather pointless in my opinion.

Do as much damage as possible and do your best to win each battle - damage and wins equals good reward.

agree with all of the foregoing

Do you really need that fancy camo? If it is costing you credits to use it every battle, make sure it is worth it. I would say mobile tanks and TDs are the only ones that really benefit from additional camo value to make it worth the cost.

yeah, I've been thinking about camo lately. on my 'keeper' tanks I tend to use rare camo, so I'm not paying credits in every game. but I'm considering now if I need camo at all based on what tank it is and how I use it. also, just played a game today and targeted a Matilda who had rare camo on, and I couldn't see the red zones. so that made me think. camo is good for defence in that way, apart from the usual

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Gandalf__Greyhame #18 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 10 January 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

You are right . Tier 10 tank equipment cost 4m gold , yet credits received for a battle can be as little as -50,000 or less , usually not more than 10,000 so even if we (generously) take -40,000k as an average result , it's taking a minimum of .... omg we can never fill up the equipment slots . surely this is wrong !!

ankitgusai19 #19 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 47988 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostRAAC_M1A1, on 10 January 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Some heavy tanks'(or TDs) tracks are really hard to break, in those cases Enhanced Tracks is useful.
For example,
E100, JP E100 or T95 are not easy to de-track, first shot most likely will only damage the track(yellow sign) and second(or third) shot most likely kill the tracks(unless you get hit by HE from big guns). In this case, if you use enhanced tracks then enemy has to de-track you in one shot only, as tracks does not have 'damaged' state. Secondly, these tanks are slow, someone passing by your side and go behind you most likely to be lethal for your tank and so you will not wait for your tracks to get back up but you will immediately pop the repair kit, which makes your toolbox useless in more then 50% of the cases. 

For tanks Like grille, Toolbox can be an option, their tracks are easy to break anyway and you will want your repair kits to be up when you need as you will face LOT of HE which will damage your more crucial modules so often.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 10 January 2019 - 09:52 AM.

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #20 Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
Nothing is simple lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users