Jump to content


What Did You Get from the Blitz New Year 2019 Event?


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

nextimelah #1 Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 33235 battles
  • 9
  • [MAS]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

This is my first time posting in the forum, after almost 32k games. Started since 2014 and can't believe it's been 4 years.

 

I don't spend money on games (except the occasional $1 or $2 iOS games), but WoT Blitz is the one exception where I budget about USD20/year in support of the developers and also to get some premium tanks. In the last Christmas 2018 event, with about USD20, I got my Type-59 and IS-2 (and a couple of tier 6 and a few tier 3 and 2 tanks from open chests). 

 

This year, I managed to collect 400k experience points and more than 10k gold from watching video ads and selling of some "collector" tanks. And I bought the USD20 chest for the 20k gold. According to Blitz Stars, I played almost 1000 games in the past 30 days to get the Christmas cards which is way more than I should. After the horrible grind (due to glut of 40% WR players in this season) but thankfully with my clan mates, I managed to pull through and with enough candies for one spin and even got the Pz IV S. I bought the 10x Sugar Free Chests with my hard earned 400k free exp (this is where Epic Free XP booster really helped) to supplement the candies as well.

 

All in all, my total haul was:

1. leKpz M 41 90mm from auction for 7500 gold

2. Chieftain Mk 6 from auction for 21400 gold - awesome tank 

3. M6A2E1 EXP from auction for 7500 gold

4. WZ-120-1G FT from the one free spin (I got really lucky I think)

5. PZ IV S

6. Predator legendary camo for my Super Pershing (from one of the chests). Really love it.

7. Chieftain Mk6 legendary camo from a 30% one day discount that pop up - for about 1900 gold.

8. KV-2 Menacing legedary camo - from getting to level 3 on the Christmas tree

9. Ladder and Dice attachments - I won't pay money for them, but they are quite nice additions to my tanks

10. Two permanent Christmas avatars, one of which is the snowman, which I liked 

 

All in all, I think this year's event was better than last years. The auction was more reasonably priced, and the spin had much better prizes (2018's grand prize was a Tier 8 Chieftain, which became an event tank a few months later!). Also the bundle of gold was really much cheaper than anything I've ever come across. The only thing I disliked was the number of games I had to play combined with the spike of inexperienced and afk players.

 

How about you guys? What did you get this year? 

 


Edited by nextimelah, 06 January 2019 - 05:19 PM.


2OLD2CARE #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 120266 battles
  • 377
  • [FOTB]
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

Picked up T95E from 1 free spin

Picked up camo for tanks I don't have or want

Picked attachments for tanks I don't have or want

lost 12 points off WR

Lost 12 million credits chasing the impossible

Oh - got Schmalturm


Edited by 2OLD2CARE, 06 January 2019 - 09:49 PM.


fjvhk #3 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:57 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 30058 battles
  • 237
  • [ARMD]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2015

Pz. IVs (700K credits actually)

A few candy canes, not used.

May have lost daily gold for videos after buying 1500 gold box :-(



nextimelah #4 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 33235 battles
  • 9
  • [MAS]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View Post2OLD2CARE, on 06 January 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

Picked up T95E from 1 free spin

Picked up camo for tanks I don't have or want

Picked attachments for tanks I don't have or want

lost 12 points off WR

Lost 12 million credits chasing the impossible

Oh - got Schmalturm

 

Wow, tier x from the spin. Nice! My WR would have suffered if not for good clan mates. I didn't lose silver though, since I used premium days from the certs I've been collecting.

 

View Postfjvhk, on 07 January 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

Pz. IVs (700K credits actually)

A few candy canes, not used.

May have lost daily gold for videos after buying 1500 gold box :-(

 

I was really afraid of losing the videos after buying the box, and the camo and the auction tanks. But thank God I'm still getting them. When did you buy the gold?


Edited by nextimelah, 07 January 2019 - 05:05 AM.


moonhag #5 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:06 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 33094 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016

I got the gravedigger from the free spin and a belting to my WR.

 



2OLD2CARE #6 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 120266 battles
  • 377
  • [FOTB]
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View Postnextimelah, on 07 January 2019 - 05:04 AM, said:

 

Wow, tier x from the spin. Nice! My WR would have suffered if not for good clan mates. I didn't lose silver though, since I used premium days from the certs I've been collecting.

 

 

I was really afraid of losing the videos after buying the box, and the camo and the auction tanks. But thank God I'm still getting them. When did you buy the gold?

Yeah - Aced it on my 22nd battle - we wont mention the WR !!! _ LOL LOL



ankitgusai19 #7 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:17 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 45091 battles
  • 548
  • [SMRT]
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015

View Postnextimelah, on 06 January 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

This is my first time posting in the forum, after almost 32k games. Started since 2014 and can't believe it's been 4 years.

 

I don't spend money on games (except the occasional $1 or $2 iOS games), but WoT Blitz is the one exception where I budget about USD20/year in support of the developers and also to get some premium tanks. In the last Christmas 2018 event, with about USD20, I got my Type-59 and IS-2 (and a couple of tier 6 and a few tier 3 and 2 tanks from open chests). 

 

This year, I managed to collect 400k experience points and more than 10k gold from watching video ads and selling of some "collector" tanks. And I bought the USD20 chest for the 20k gold. According to Blitz Stars, I played almost 1000 games in the past 30 days to get the Christmas cards which is way more than I should. After the horrible grind (due to glut of 40% WR players in this season) but thankfully with my clan mates, I managed to pull through and with enough candies for one spin and even got the Pz IV S. I bought the 10x Sugar Free Chests with my hard earned 400k free exp (this is where Epic Free XP booster really helped) to supplement the candies as well.

 

All in all, my total haul was:

1. leKpz M 41 90mm from auction for 7500 gold

2. Chieftain Mk 6 from auction for 21400 gold - awesome tank 

3. M6A2E1 EXP from auction for 7500 gold

4. WZ-120-1G FT from the one free spin (I got really lucky I think)

5. PZ IV S

6. Predator legendary camo for my Super Pershing (from one of the chests). Really love it.

7. Chieftain Mk6 legendary camo from a 30% one day discount that pop up - for about 1900 gold.

8. KV-2 Menacing legedary camo - from getting to level 3 on the Christmas tree

9. Ladder and Dice attachments - I won't pay money for them, but they are quite nice additions to my tanks

10. Two permanent Christmas avatars, one of which is the snowman, which I liked 

 

All in all, I think this year's event was better than last years. The auction was more reasonably priced, and the spin had much better prizes (2018's grand prize was a Tier 8 Chieftain, which became an event tank a few months later!). Also the bundle of gold was really much cheaper than anything I've ever come across. The only thing I disliked was the number of games I had to play combined with the spike of inexperienced and afk players.

 

How about you guys? What did you get this year? 

 

 

I got WZ-120-1G FT from free spin.
I bought 20k + 8.5k gold bundles from Christmas box and from that I got  leKpz M 41 90mm (Awesome tank btw cant recommend enough) and AMX M4 49.
Opened one Free xp box for 40k and one for 1500 gold and got legendary camos for MAUS and IS-2 
And I still have 16K gold left over. Which I am saving for Tier 7 KV2 once it comes out or I'll get myself Lowe.

Overall, This event had something for everyone, lots of gold at discount price, really good tier 6 premium with easy grind and if you are up to some dedicated grind then a lucky spin with really good rewards. 
All this while still maintaining their business model(no matter how ridiculous it is) of very expensive loot boxes and putting latest attractions behind it(T-22, T10E6, scorpion and few other).  

I would love to see the Gold Christmas boxes in future events though, you fill those while grinding and buy discounted gold after a while, really nice Idea.


Lord_Melchett #8 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 30917 battles
  • 400
  • [1914]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2016

I got a Helsing from the lucky spin, which I already had, so I got 10K gold.  Also picked up the cheap gold from the Christmas boxes, so I pretty much got a bunch of cheap gold out of the event. 

 

I bought some cheap tanks in the Halloween/Black Friday sales, so I didn't really feel the need to buy any tanks.



__Grifter__ #9 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

What did i get from the New Year Event?

 

Repetitive strain syndrome

Chronic migraines

Divorce from a neglected wife

The need to start wearing specs

A blown out monitor

oh, and the Starchaser

 



Esh11 #10 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 39091 battles
  • 1,004
  • [DQN]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015
Hearing about this " lucky spin " for the first time today . No idea what it is . Man i've been out of touch .

                                           

                                                                 

  


nextimelah #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 33235 battles
  • 9
  • [MAS]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View Post2OLD2CARE, on 07 January 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

Yeah - Aced it on my 22nd battle - we wont mention the WR !!! _ LOL LOL

guess it's so rare those who have it probably do really bad in it!

 

View Postankitgusai19, on 07 January 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

 

I got WZ-120-1G FT from free spin.
I bought 20k + 8.5k gold bundles from Christmas box and from that I got  leKpz M 41 90mm (Awesome tank btw cant recommend enough) and AMX M4 49.
Opened one Free xp box for 40k and one for 1500 gold and got legendary camos for MAUS and IS-2 
And I still have 16K gold left over. Which I am saving for Tier 7 KV2 once it comes out or I'll get myself Lowe.

Overall, This event had something for everyone, lots of gold at discount price, really good tier 6 premium with easy grind and if you are up to some dedicated grind then a lucky spin with really good rewards. 
All this while still maintaining their business model(no matter how ridiculous it is) of very expensive loot boxes and putting latest attractions behind it(T-22, T10E6, scorpion and few other).  

I would love to see the Gold Christmas boxes in future events though, you fill those while grinding and buy discounted gold after a while, really nice Idea.

 

nice, we have two of the same tanks here! The WZ-120-1G FT is a good tank, although I prefer turreted tanks. super low health pool to make up for that DPM and armor. Yes the leKpz M 41 90mm is definitely a fun tank. Managed to get an "M" within 10 games on it which was really surprising. What's this Tier 7 KV-2? Rumoured new tank?

 

I would stay away from paying real money from loot boxes. they are meant for people who want the latest tanks regardless of price. I did find the event initially a bit confusing, and took some time to study how to best benefit from it. I feel it's a bit too much for new players to grasp but great for older players. The Gold Christmas boxes was indeed the best deal of all, and even if you don't use it all on this event, there are plenty of chances to get other tanks later with gold. 



TnkCmndrToo #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5172 battles
  • 490
  • [DYN-T]
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017
Well I didn't spend any real money. Just got the Type 59 from the auction. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to grind the actual event :(

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 07 January 2019 - 05:33 PM.


nextimelah #13 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:11 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 33235 battles
  • 9
  • [MAS]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 07 January 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Well I didn't spend any real money. Just got the Type 59 from the auction. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to grind the actual event :(

 

Last year I spent too much to get the Hype 59. This year's auction was only 7500 gold, which is pretty good deal! 

erwin10001 #14 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:42 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37583 battles
  • 827
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

This year was definitely better than last year.  There was something for the F2P, something for the willing to spend a little gold, and something for those that are willing to spend 20,000 gold on tier 7 tanks. Also something for WG who discovered they can sell t7 tanks for 20,000 gold. 

 

I got the Pz IVS and a Tankenstein from lucky spin. Had to spend 3,000 gold to complete lvl 3 of the tree though...

 



ankitgusai19 #15 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 45091 battles
  • 548
  • [SMRT]
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015

View Postnextimelah, on 07 January 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

guess it's so rare those who have it probably do really bad in it!

 

 

nice, we have two of the same tanks here! The WZ-120-1G FT is a good tank, although I prefer turreted tanks. super low health pool to make up for that DPM and armor. Yes the leKpz M 41 90mm is definitely a fun tank. Managed to get an "M" within 10 games on it which was really surprising. What's this Tier 7 KV-2? Rumoured new tank?

 

I would stay away from paying real money from loot boxes. they are meant for people who want the latest tanks regardless of price. I did find the event initially a bit confusing, and took some time to study how to best benefit from it. I feel it's a bit too much for new players to grasp but great for older players. The Gold Christmas boxes was indeed the best deal of all, and even if you don't use it all on this event, there are plenty of chances to get other tanks later with gold. 

 

A Blitz dev mentioned that in near future a premium version of KV-2 will be introduced. My guess is that it would be around Chinese new year, Feb 5, 2019.
No other details were provided but WOT PC has a premium version of KV-2, it was in collaboration with warhammer 40,000 i believe and was sold around 40 usd IIRC. 

SaltyMuppet #16 Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3705 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    11-25-2018
I spent enough to buy a small island somewhere but I’m happy. I got my Chieftan MkVI with camo. I did buy a few (lots) of regular premiums including Lowe. Also got a Snow Tiger 88 in a discount pop up.
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”
 

jzmalexander #17 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12843 battles
  • 182
  • [JD]
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016

View Postankitgusai19, on 08 January 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

 

A Blitz dev mentioned that in near future a premium version of KV-2 will be introduced. My guess is that it would be around Chinese new year, Feb 5, 2019.
No other details were provided but WOT PC has a premium version of KV-2, it was in collaboration with warhammer 40,000 i believe and was sold around 40 usd IIRC. 

 

yes this premium kv2 is going to be for the re-release of mad games, it is tier vii and I'll send a pic if someone will tell me how.

jzmalexander #18 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12843 battles
  • 182
  • [JD]
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016
here is one pic

Attached Files

  • Attached File   kv7.PNG   527.19K


SaltyMuppet #19 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:09 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3705 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    11-25-2018
Oh man they couldn’t just make it look cool they had to make it like something from Mad Max. Disappointed but thanks for pic.
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”
 

erwin10001 #20 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37583 battles
  • 827
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

View Postjzmalexander, on 08 January 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

here is one pic

 

take existing tank model and add spikes and here's a new tank everyone can grind for!

 

I am looking forward to Mad Games , need to buy as many new tanks as possible for grinding... when is it?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users