Pz IV S tips?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

nicholasaudy #1 Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:41 AM

Corporal

• 13252 battles
  • [RIG]

I got this tank for free from the event and i have to say, this tank is an absolute crap. I've read so many reviews praising it and all i can say is this tank is over glorified.

Let's start with the gun : it's accurate and have high dpm. However the pen is absolutely abysmal, 110mm of pen are you kidding me? This thing can't even reliably pen same tier medium, let alone higher tier.

Armor : Zero, nada, no hull armor whatsoever. The only place this thing have armour is it's turret, even that can still be penned, and this tank is not exactly the stealthiest tank in the flock. 

Mobility : Cumbersome, not as fast as other medium which is very disappointing since this thing needs it badly. No armor and average mobility with no camo? Recipe for disaster. 

Camo : I HATE this thing camo because it's very bad. You hide in a bush far away from the enemy? No problem because one shot from your gun and the entire enemy team will see you.

Can't believe people actually pay real money for this. Glad i got this turd for free, I'll take my Type 64 any day over this crap. Have i mentioned that Type 64 which is a light tank has more pen than this?

Moved to  a more appropriate subforum.

~Elite911.

erwin10001 #2 Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41934 battles
  • [NETS]

View Postnicholasaudy, on 01 January 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

I got this tank for free from the event and i have to say, this tank is an absolute crap. I've read so many reviews praising it and all i can say is this tank is over glorified.

Let's start with the gun : it's accurate and have high dpm. However the pen is absolutely abysmal, 110mm of pen are you kidding me? This thing can't even reliably pen same tier medium, let alone higher tier.

Armor : Zero, nada, no hull armor whatsoever. The only place this thing have armour is it's turret, even that can still be penned, and this tank is not exactly the stealthiest tank in the flock. 

Mobility : Cumbersome, not as fast as other medium which is very disappointing since this thing needs it badly. No armor and average mobility with no camo? Recipe for disaster. 

Camo : I HATE this thing camo because it's very bad. You hide in a bush far away from the enemy? No problem because one shot from your gun and the entire enemy team will see you.

Can't believe people actually pay real money for this. Glad i got this turd for free, I'll take my Type 64 any day over this crap. Have i mentioned that Type 64 which is a light tank has more pen than this? 

you have stats for 18 tier 6 tanks on blitzstars and of your t6 tanks the 2nd highest winrate is on Pz IV S. So it is probably not terrible, but neither is it OP. If it was OP, it would sell for 20,000 gold....

Edited by erwin10001, 01 January 2019 - 01:58 AM.

nicholasaudy #3 Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:29 AM

Corporal

• 13252 battles
  • [RIG]

View Posterwin10001, on 01 January 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

you have stats for 18 tier 6 tanks on blitzstars and of your t6 tanks the 2nd highest winrate is on Pz IV S. So it is probably not terrible, but neither is it OP. If it was OP, it would sell for 20,000 gold....

Of course..   I only played it a few times and got carried by my teams...any tips on how to actually use this? I tried sniping, flanking, 2nd line etc but i still can't get it to work

TankKilla2 #4 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6969 battles
  • [BTC2]

View Postnicholasaudy, on 01 January 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Of course..   I only played it a few times and got carried by my teams...any tips on how to actually use this? I tried sniping, flanking, 2nd line etc but i still can't get it to work

I have the Starchaser which is the same tank, and I find it good. I checked the pen and it's 128-173. have you got yours fully upgraded, and with the most powerful gun? and all the equipment slots filled? use Supercharge for more penetration and Engine Acelerator for more speed.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Diamond114 #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 01 January 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

I have the Starchaser which is the same tank, and I find it good. I checked the pen and it's 128-173. have you got yours fully upgraded, and with the most powerful gun? and all the equipment slots filled? use Supercharge for more penetration and Engine Acelerator for more speed.

Technically, Supercharge allows you to retain your penetrating power at longer ranges, whatever the basic numbers are. It does not, however, increase raw penetration numbers the way Calibrated Shells do IMO.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

justsmail #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Private

• 23272 battles
  • [D3SS]

View PostDiamond114, on 11 January 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

Technically, Supercharge allows you to retain your penetrating power at longer ranges, whatever the basic numbers are. It does not, however, increase raw penetration numbers the way Calibrated Shells do IMO.

TankKilla2 #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6969 battles
  • [BTC2]

View PostDiamond114, on 12 January 2019 - 02:18 AM, said:

yes, I believe that's correct

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users