Is WoTB broken beyond recovery?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

__Grifter__ #21 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 January 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

what was it about 3.8 that changed the game so much?

In a nutshell - WG stole all our equipment on all our tanks.

They changed how players could unlock equipment. The way we do it now is close to how we did it was before although you didnt have to choose between two different equipments, but still, you would pay credits for any equipment that you wanted for your tanks. They changed this system to be where you now had to earn another currency called 'spare parts' in a timer based system - which you would earn a tiny amount of after every battle that you would then use to unlock equipment on your tanks once you had earned enough. Then, once unlocked you then had a timer period to wait for before they unlocked and you could use them.

Now while the new system in itself sucked as it would take you forever to equip all your tanks - it was the compensation offered back that annoyed most. They took away all our equipment and in return gave us compensation in 'sapre parts' that we could use to equip our tanks. Problem was, they didnt give us enough. People with 100+ full equiped tanks were only given spare parts to fully equip a fraction of their tanks that were previously fully-equiped. This is downright theft of the hard work and grind that people had already done - they now had to start again to equip all their tanks.

Next up - you then also had to deal with the timers - it would take 6 weeks in timers to fully equip a tier 10 tank. Of course, you could speed up this process for gold. Protests went on for more than a year with most experienced players leaving the game due to not wanting to go through this arduous process of re-equpping their garages that were previously already equipped. 

Eventually WG changed to what you see today - no timers, no spare parts and simply you use credits to instantly unlock equipment on your tanks. Trouble again was, that once again, the players were shortchanged with the compensation for the spare parts they had earned. Still, many were just happy that they reversed the changes at this point.

Anyway, tons of links about this but ill just send one that i think describes the situation best and also Bushkas take on it.

http://forum.wotblit...h-of-diversity/

http://forum.wotblit...ycott-for-real/

http://forum.wotblit...as-take-on-38/ 

Take Bushkas view with a pinch of salt as he posted that before the changes actually took place - it was the compensation mainly and the timers that people hated.

Edited by __Grifter__, 21 January 2019 - 08:23 AM.

Destroyer3462 #22 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5610 battles

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 January 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

In a nutshell - WG stole all our equipment on all our tanks.

They changed how players could unlock equipment. The way we do it now is close to how we did it was before although you didnt have to choose between two different equipments, but still, you would pay credits for any equipment that you wanted for your tanks. They changed this system to be where you now had to earn another currency called 'spare parts' in a timer based system - which you would earn a tiny amount of after every battle that you would then use to unlock equipment on your tanks once you had earned enough. Then, once unlocked you then had a timer period to wait for before they unlocked and you could use them.

Now while the new system in itself sucked as it would take you forever to equip all your tanks - it was the compensation offered back that annoyed most. They took away all our equipment and in return gave us compensation in 'sapre parts' that we could use to equip our tanks. Problem was, they didnt give us enough. People with 100+ full equiped tanks were only given spare parts to fully equip a fraction of their tanks that were previously fully-equiped. This is downright theft of the hard work and grind that people had already done - they now had to start again to equip all their tanks.

Next up - you then also had to deal with the timers - it would take 6 weeks in timers to fully equip a tier 10 tank. Of course, you could speed up this process for gold. Protests went on for more than a year with most experienced players leaving the game due to not wanting to go through this arduous process of re-equpping their garages that were previously already equipped. 

Eventually WG changed to what you see today - no timers, no spare parts and simply you use credits to instantly unlock equipment on your tanks. Trouble again was, that once again, the players were shortchanged with the compensation for the spare parts they had earned. Still, many were just happy that they reversed the changes at this point.

Anyway, tons of links about this but ill just send one that i think describes the situation best and also Bushkas take on it.

http://forum.wotblit...h-of-diversity/

http://forum.wotblit...ycott-for-real/

http://forum.wotblit...as-take-on-38/ 

Take Bushkas view with a pinch of salt as he posted that before the changes actually took place - it was the compensation mainly and the timers that people hated.

man that really sucks. :( I'm glad I wasn't playing then. it's hard enough as it is now to equip tanks. you really need premium tanks and premium time to earn enough credits without having to play so much.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

__Grifter__ #23 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

This guy summed it up best - 

So great C6 is making another rant...

Well it affects all of us, in some ways me much less than most of the other players, but in someways more.  

I have 171 Million in current equipment (and change). 

That at is all 271 tanks in my garage fully equipped.  

What do I get for that? 

2.1 odd Million in spare parts.    

But I need more than 36 Million in spare parts to equip all my tanks to level 3. 

That is a 1:12 ratio, based on work within the BCC and Triarii we have seen this 1:12 ratio plays out pretty clearly across the garage if you have 17 tanks or all of them.  

Now I don't think We should be getting fully level 3 on everything we have equipped, but many on my tanks have Vstab.  

That is now a level 3 item.  

So I am not getting the same tank (as it where) back in 3.8, nor are most of you.

Then we get to battlecount/tier compensation and I get 2.1 M spare parts from my 37,600 odd battles 

So now I can equip 1/6 of my garage.   If you have higher battle counts and higher Avg tier your going to do better, but the vast majority of players don't.  So they will be way off of my 1/6th

Now WG has said that this update is to encourage diversity - but my games will be at least 5/6th less diverse than before, as I have 5/6ths less competitive tanks.   

And lets look at that scale.  

I have 22 tier X tanks 

I can basically equip 4 of those, the other 18 will take 6 weeks each of hitting every mission. 

So in 2 YEARS of play I can get all my tier X tanks back to fully equipped.  

2 years???

Oh then I can work on my tier 9's which would be slightly shorter than 2 years... Let's say 18months. 

Scroll down, but I would need about 5 1/2 years to get all my tanks fully competitive.  

Basically yes, where they are now...   but I won't have binos, and I will have a choice of optics or cam net (really paper tanks, so let's scratch all my paper tanks out of my garage). 

Hey it saved me a 1/2 year of mission grinding, or more. 

So imagine this, the NA Chairman of The Wallet Warrior Club is frustrated- if I have spent over 4K on this game, and come out hosed from my garage - how about others....   More importantly to WG how do you thinks this motivates the ultra collectors?

How does it affect the ace chasers, and how did it cripple competitive play?   

I think this is something that started out a good idea that suffered awful implementation- and will hurt WG sales dramatically as many a player will decided that it is simply work - and no longer a fun mobile game.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users