Jump to content


The Bully

Bounce bounce bounce...

  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

TankKilla2 #21 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View PostBaaadmutha888, on 21 December 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

 

when you see orange or red on areas of an opponents tank, it means that the shells you are using will have a tough time penetrating those colored areas, or they may not penetrate at all in the case of red.

 

You will need try to change shells, or change the vantage point to aim at the side or back of the tank.

 

if the area of the tank does not show orange or red, then your shells will likely cause some damage to that area of the opponents tank.

 

that would be very helpful but I don't have that feature. I'm using a PC. I'm at a disadvantage then by not having a targeting guide like that  :(

 


Edited by Destroyer3462, 21 December 2018 - 12:14 PM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi


aazim #22 Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:01 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21963 battles
  • 285
  • [_404]
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

 

that would be very helpful but I don't have that feature. I'm using a PC. I'm at a disadvantage them by not having a targeting guide like that  :(

 

 

pc have it too -.-. im pc user

 


wgreed

TankKilla2 #23 Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:03 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Postaazim, on 21 December 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

 

pc have it too -.-. im pc user

 

 

I should have it too then.  :confused:

 


Veni, Vidi, Lusi


__Grifter__ #24 Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostBaaadmutha888, on 21 December 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

 

this is the mistake that many players make.

 

If they see mostly red or orange, they should try changing shells, or move position and try to aim at the opponents side or back.

 

 

Well of course, no use even trying to pen when its red. All you can do is try to relocated and get a better angle.

__Grifter__ #25 Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:28 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

 

that would be very helpful but I don't have that feature. I'm using a PC. I'm at a disadvantage them by not having a targeting guide like that  :(

 

 

You do have that feature, I told you its the 'left shift' key. If its not working, check in your control settings to see what key it is mapped to.

Baaadmutha888 #26 Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:42 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 65465 battles
  • 275
  • [HTL]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2014

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 December 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

 

Well of course, no use even trying to pen when its red. All you can do is try to relocated and get a better angle.

 

allot of players also forget to try changing shells before they move to other vantage points.

 

Depending on the tank the player is driving,  HE or prammo can often work against the dreaded red faced monsters.



TankKilla2 #27 Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 December 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 

You do have that feature, I told you its the 'left shift' key. If its not working, check in your control settings to see what key it is mapped to.

 

you're not listening. I said I have and use sniper mode, but I don't/never see any colours in sniper mode on any tanks I'm aiming at to indicate the non-pen, pen, areas, etc., never have in any game I've played. here's some screenshots. (literally shots of the screen taken with a mobile phone) All I ever see is the tank and it's camouflage and it's outline in red.

 

http://auslink.space/wotb/zoom.jpg

 

http://auslink.space/wotb/zoom2.jpg

 

I obviously am and have been playing at a disadvantage by not seeing the 'soft' areas of a target  :(

 

 


Edited by Destroyer3462, 21 December 2018 - 12:12 PM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi


__Grifter__ #28 Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018
Can you take some screenies that are not the rear of a TD (which anyone can pen) or the side of a MT. Need frontal shots in zoom mode to really clarify it (as this is where all tanks have their best armor)

aazim #29 Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21963 battles
  • 285
  • [_404]
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

 

you're not listening. I said I have and use sniper mode, but I don't/never see any colours in sniper mode on any tanks I'm aiming at to indicate the non-pen, pen, areas, etc., never have in any game I've played. here's some screenshots. (literally shots of the screen taken with a mobile phone) All I ever see is the tank and it's camouflage and it's outline in red.

 

http://auslink.space/wotb/zoom.jpg

 

http://auslink.space/wotb/zoom2.jpg

 

I obviously am and have been playing at a disadvantage by not seeing the 'soft' areas of a target  :(

 

 

 

i clearly can see red on the tank mantlet. nothing wrong with your game. Tips: disable camo in enemy tank to see the red more clear. How? settings
wgreed

TankKilla2 #30 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:53 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Postaazim, on 21 December 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

 

i clearly can see red on the tank mantlet. nothing wrong with your game. Tips: disable camo in enemy tank to see the red more clear. How? settings

 

talking aobut the m4, right? I think you're just seeing part of the red outline. there's red under the front drive wheel too, but there's no part of the tank there

Veni, Vidi, Lusi


TankKilla2 #31 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:59 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 December 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

Can you take some screenies that are not the rear of a TD (which anyone can pen) or the side of a MT. Need frontal shots in zoom mode to really clarify it (as this is where all tanks have their best armor)

 

Ok, I'll try to get some. but shouldn't I be seeing the other colours in those screenshots? I thought someone mentioned grey and green

 


Edited by Destroyer3462, 21 December 2018 - 11:00 PM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi


TankKilla2 #32 Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:01 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Postaazim, on 21 December 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

 

pc have it too -.-. im pc user

 

 

what's your PC spec? my PC is about five years old, so I wonder if it has to do with capabilites of the video card, maybe?

Veni, Vidi, Lusi


__Grifter__ #33 Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:51 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

 

what's your PC spec? my PC is about five years old, so I wonder if it has to do with capabilites of the video card, maybe?

 

I use a compu stick PC which has the specs of a tablet and no graphics card really apart from onboard. I have to play at minimum settings and it works fine for me.

 

 



__Grifter__ #34 Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:53 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

 

Ok, I'll try to get some. but shouldn't I be seeing the other colours in those screenshots? I thought someone mentioned grey and green

 

 

You wont see colours on areas you can pen easily, which as you play HTs and are showing pics of the rear of a TD and side of a MT - you are always going to be able to pen those. Get pics of another HT frontal that will not be easy for you to pen and you will see the colors.

TankKilla2 #35 Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:17 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Post__Grifter__, on 22 December 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

 

You wont see colours on areas you can pen easily, which as you play HTs and are showing pics of the rear of a TD and side of a MT - you are always going to be able to pen those. Get pics of another HT frontal that will not be easy for you to pen and you will see the colors.

 

I've seen it! now that I'm looking for it. but it's quite faint, not a bright red. so probably if I've ever noticed it before I've just assumed it was to do with the red outline.

but I'm quite sure I've never seen orange or any other colour on a tank. I would have noticed that, for sure. so it's great now I know this! used it to my benefit a couple of times today. one time had a KV1 in my sights. his turrent was angled and I noticed the red on the front part but not on the side bit I could see, so targeted him there and killed him with one shot! knowing where to shoot now should help my stats a bit. I was up to 70 at one point today, for about 20 games. gone down now tho.

 


Veni, Vidi, Lusi


TankKilla2 #36 Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:19 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Post__Grifter__, on 22 December 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

 

I use a compu stick PC which has the specs of a tablet and no graphics card really apart from onboard. I have to play at minimum settings and it works fine for me.

 

 

 

Ok thanks. I have all my settings on high. might help if I lower them a bit.

 


Veni, Vidi, Lusi


__Grifter__ #37 Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:44 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostDestroyer3462, on 22 December 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

 

I've seen it! now that I'm looking for it. but it's quite faint, not a bright red. so probably if I've ever noticed it before I've just assumed it was to do with the red outline.

but I'm quite sure I've never seen orange or any other colour on a tank. I would have noticed that, for sure. so it's great now I know this! used it to my benefit a couple of times today. one time had a KV1 in my sights. his turrent was angled and I noticed the red on the front part but not on the side bit I could see, so targeted him there and killed him with one shot! knowing where to shoot now should help my stats a bit. I was up to 70 at one point today, for about 20 games. gone down now tho.

 

 

Switch to HE when in zoom mode and you will see a lot of orange. 

 

Yes its great as it teaches you where the weaker parts of the enemy tanks are such as the lower plate on many HTs. 

 

yes when a turret is turned, the turret is always a great place to aim as the side armour is much weaker than the frontal armor.


Edited by __Grifter__, 22 December 2018 - 09:45 AM.


BossArdnutz #38 Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:02 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7752 battles
  • 210
  • [DERPU]
  • Member since:
    03-30-2018

View PostDestroyer3462, on 22 December 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

 

I've seen it! now that I'm looking for it. but it's quite faint, not a bright red. so probably if I've ever noticed it before I've just assumed it was to do with the red outline.

but I'm quite sure I've never seen orange or any other colour on a tank. I would have noticed that, for sure. so it's great now I know this! used it to my benefit a couple of times today. one time had a KV1 in my sights. his turrent was angled and I noticed the red on the front part but not on the side bit I could see, so targeted him there and killed him with one shot! knowing where to shoot now should help my stats a bit. I was up to 70 at one point today, for about 20 games. gone down now tho.

 

You can make the red (AP, APCR & HEAT ammo) and yellow (HE ammo) hitskin easier to see by switching off camo for other tanks in your game settings. They will still get the view range benefit of their camo but will appear in your view in non-camouflaged  colours. Some of the 'rare'' camo patterns you can unlock for gold make it very hard to see the Red or yellow hitskin. Only a very small number of patterns (maybe the 'legendary' ones?) will still be shown and most of them aren't too bad for hiding the hitskin.

 

Another graphical setting that's worth changing is grass display. Make sure you have it set so grass is not displayed when you are in sniper view. Otherwise you won't be able to see where the actual ground level is when you shoot over hills and you will always expose too much of your tank when trying to go hull down.

 

Anyone else have any tips on game settings that make playing easier?



TankKilla2 #39 Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:30 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View PostBossArdnutz, on 23 December 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

You can make the red (AP, APCR & HEAT ammo) and yellow (HE ammo) hitskin easier to see by switching off camo for other tanks in your game settings. They will still get the view range benefit of their camo but will appear in your view in non-camouflaged  colours. Some of the 'rare'' camo patterns you can unlock for gold make it very hard to see the Red or yellow hitskin. Only a very small number of patterns (maybe the 'legendary' ones?) will still be shown and most of them aren't too bad for hiding the hitskin.

 

Another graphical setting that's worth changing is grass display. Make sure you have it set so grass is not displayed when you are in sniper view. Otherwise you won't be able to see where the actual ground level is when you shoot over hills and you will always expose too much of your tank when trying to go hull down.

 

Anyone else have any tips on game settings that make playing easier?

 

thanks. I'll follow those tips

Veni, Vidi, Lusi


TankKilla2 #40 Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:45 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View PostDiamond114, on 21 December 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

As for Tier VI tank guns, no pen at all from the front.

That ability to bounce nearly everything from the front reliably is why this tank is a bully in the right hands.

 

I'm not a bully by nature, but I think I'll give this tank a try. although, likely not the 'right hands' in my case

Veni, Vidi, Lusi





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users