Jump to content


The Bully

Bounce bounce bounce...

  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Baaadmutha888 #1 Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 65465 battles
  • 275
  • [HTL]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2014

Hi guys,

 

If you ever played any tier 6/7 against “The Bully”, then you know how formidable the beast is.

 

I bought the M6A2E1 with gold when it was on sale several weeks ago. It was 5000 gold normal price, and i got a 25% discount, so only paid 3750 gold.

 

After playing about 400 games with it, IMHO it is actually worth 10k gold! Buy it next time it comes available!!!

 

Checkout these fresh reviews and see for yourself...

 

 

 

 

 



SaltyMuppet #2 Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:13 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3935 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    11-25-2018
Looks awesome.
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”
 

Baaadmutha888 #3 Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 65465 battles
  • 275
  • [HTL]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2014

View PostTurbo_Munky, on 21 December 2018 - 03:13 AM, said:

Looks awesome.

 

yes bro!

 

Its a bull(y) in a china shop against all tier 6 and most tier 7s, and against many tier 8s. 

 

Have you played against one yet?

 

 

 



BossArdnutz #4 Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:04 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7752 battles
  • 210
  • [DERPU]
  • Member since:
    03-30-2018
Yes.. Skilled driver, used the tunnel walls on Faust to cover his sides, then bounced everything shot at him while the other heavies on his team played Peek a boom around him. Very effective.

TankKilla2 #5 Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:17 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View PostBaaadmutha888, on 21 December 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

Hi guys,

 

If you ever played any tier 6/7 against “The Bully”, then you know how formidable the beast is.

 

I bought the M6A2E1 with gold when it was on sale several weeks ago. It was 5000 gold normal price, and i got a 25% discount, so only paid 3750 gold.

 

After playing about 400 games with it, IMHO it is actually worth 10k gold! Buy it next time it comes available!!!

 

Checkout these fresh reviews and see for yourself...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for that. I'll consider gettting one  :coin:

 


Veni, Vidi, Lusi


Diamond114 #6 Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16203 battles
  • 2,227
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

 

Thanks for that. I'll consider gettting one  :coin:

 

 

Remember to cover up your sides. Front is tough, but side armor profile is worse than even the T29. Huge side turret and huge, thin side hull armor

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


TankKilla2 #7 Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:46 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View PostDiamond114, on 21 December 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

 

Remember to cover up your sides. Front is tough, but side armor profile is worse than even the T29. Huge side turret and huge, thin side hull armor

 

Oh ok, so it's another big tank then. I'll give it a miss in that case. i prefer lower profile tanks, eg; churchill, kv1, etc.,

Veni, Vidi, Lusi


__Grifter__ #8 Posted 21 December 2018 - 05:27 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018
These things are always a pain in the butt when I face them. Never a nice feeling seeing all red in your reticle. Bet they can ram well too?

TankKilla2 #9 Posted 21 December 2018 - 05:46 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 December 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

These things are always a pain in the butt when I face them. Never a nice feeling seeing all red in your reticle.
 
what do you mean by that?
 
Bet they can ram well too?
 

 


Veni, Vidi, Lusi


Diamond114 #10 Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:17 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16203 battles
  • 2,227
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

 

 

Like I said, front armor is very tough even by Tier VIII heavy tank gun's standards. Tier VII practically have little chance to pen frontally, less so if they are medium tank guns.

Also, low profile still isn't going to save you from a player who knows the weakspots and/ or can shoot straight.


"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


Diamond114 #11 Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:19 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16203 battles
  • 2,227
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

As for Tier VI tank guns, no pen at all from the front.

That ability to bounce nearly everything from the front reliably is why this tank is a bully in the right hands.


"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


__Grifter__ #12 Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:54 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

 

 

I mean, I always struggle facing these tanks, particularly if a good player is in one. Even with less than great players in, zooming in to see a nothing but red (non-penable) frontal armor is never a good feeling. 

TankKilla2 #13 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:17 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 December 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

 

I mean, I always struggle facing these tanks, particularly if a good player is in one. Even with less than great players in, zooming in to see a nothing but red (non-penable) frontal armor is never a good feeling. 

 

but that's what I'm getting at. how can you see colours? I only see the tank, and any camo it has.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi


Baaadmutha888 #14 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:31 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 65465 battles
  • 275
  • [HTL]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2014

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 December 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

These things are always a pain in the butt when I face them. Never a nice feeling seeing all red in your reticle. Bet they can ram well too?

 

it is not the fastest tank, so using it to ram works best if the opponent is relarively close & a slow-mover and they also have low hp remaining.

 

 

 



__Grifter__ #15 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:32 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

 

but that's what I'm getting at. how can you see colours? I only see the tank, and any camo it has.

 

Wow - so you do not know how to zoom in and see the hit skin on tanks? I normally slate the tutorial but I do know they teach this in there.

 

The left shift key on PC will zoom in (sniper mode its called) and here you will be able to see parts of the tanks you cannot pen with your current gun/ammo (red), the parts where you might be able to pen (yellow) and where you should pen (grey).

 

Also, if you change the types of shell that you're using while in zoom mode, you'll also see these colors change depending on the shells.


Edited by __Grifter__, 21 December 2018 - 10:39 AM.


__Grifter__ #16 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3158 battles
  • 465
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostBaaadmutha888, on 21 December 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

 

it is not the fastest tank, so using it to ram works best if the opponent is relarively close & a slow-mover and they also have low hp remaining.

 

 

 

 

Just saying that its obviously from the US line, T1 Heavy, M6 and is built like them so would imagine it can cause some good ramming damage. Though if its not as mobile as those two it might take a bit more to do it effectively. 

Baaadmutha888 #17 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 65465 battles
  • 275
  • [HTL]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2014

View PostDestroyer3462, on 21 December 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

 

but that's what I'm getting at. how can you see colours? I only see the tank, and any camo it has.

 

when you see orange or red on areas of an opponents tank, it means that the shells you are using will have a tough time penetrating those colored areas, or they may not penetrate at all in the case of red.

 

You will need try to change shells, or change the vantage point to aim at the side or back of the tank.

 

if the area of the tank does not show orange or red, then your shells will likely cause some damage to that area of the opponents tank.


Edited by Baaadmutha888, 21 December 2018 - 10:38 AM.


Baaadmutha888 #18 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 65465 battles
  • 275
  • [HTL]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2014

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 December 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

 

I mean, I always struggle facing these tanks, particularly if a good player is in one. Even with less than great players in, zooming in to see a nothing but red (non-penable) frontal armor is never a good feeling. 

 

this is the mistake that many players make.

 

If they see mostly red or orange, they should try changing shells, or move position and try to aim at the opponents side or back.

 



aazim #19 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21963 battles
  • 285
  • [_404]
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016
time to smash that gold ads
wgreed

TankKilla2 #20 Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:53 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5634 battles
  • 896
  • [7PD]
  • Member since:
    08-25-2018

View Post__Grifter__, on 21 December 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

 

Wow - so you do not know how to zoom in and see the hit skin on tanks? I normally slate the tutorial but I do know they teach this in there.

 

The left shift key on PC will zoom in (sniper mode its called) and here you will be able to see parts of the tanks you cannot pen with your current gun/ammo (red), the parts where you might be able to pen (yellow) and where you should pen (grey).

 

Also, if you change the types of shell that you're using while in zoom mode, you'll also see these colors change depending on the shells.

 

I use sniper mode but I don't see any colours like that. maybe that's not something that the PC version has. unless there's some way to activate it I don't know about

 


Edited by Destroyer3462, 21 December 2018 - 10:57 AM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users