Complain network laggy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

James_Ji_JJ #1 Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:42 AM

Private

• 12207 battles
  • [SUN-S]

Hi WG,

This is a Sydney, Australia player. I noticed the connectivity is very slow to your Singapore server. 

Pretty sure the lag is not caused by my network according to http://www.speedtest.net. Now the ping is almost 300. Yesterday, before version upgrade, was 170. For 2 or 3 weeks time in July, it has reached 120 or so. What's the problem? It is almost not possible to play with such connectivity. Anything you can improve?

Thanks.

James

TnkCmndrToo #2 Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4961 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View PostJames_Ji_JJ, on 05 December 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Hi WG,

This is a Sydney, Australia player. I noticed the connectivity is very slow to your Singapore server. 

Pretty sure the lag is not caused by my network according to http://www.speedtest.net. Now the ping is almost 300. Yesterday, before version upgrade, was 170. For 2 or 3 weeks time in July, it has reached 120 or so. What's the problem? It is almost not possible to play with such connectivity. Anything you can improve?

Thanks.

James

Try sending a ticket in Player Support (top of your screen here) - it might take a few days so be patient :) but I doubt they'll answer it here.

YOLO_Munky #3 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2271 battles
I doubt they will care at support either.
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

OldManEmu #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:50 AM

Sergeant

• 31486 battles

View PostJames_Ji_JJ, on 05 December 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Hi WG,

Thanks.

James

While Telstra hasn't provided any substantial reason why the Ping is so high I have found some information on the Internode site - As of  Oct 26 2018 the link between Perth to Singapore is down. A submarine cable fault has been identified by a 3rd party carrier. A cable ship for repairs is being organised. No ETR (Estimated time to repair) available.

Going on past cable faults it could take as long as 2 months for a repair to be completed depending on which countries waters the fault is.

Now this is pure speculation but I think some carriers like Telstra, Internode etc have opted not to use the new Vocus submarine cable and we continue to use the old fault ridden SE-ME-WE 3 cable to Singapore because they are tight arrses and won't hand over any dollars.

Hope this helps, I'm missing my ping of 60 here in Perth.

Edited by OldManEmu, 07 December 2018 - 03:55 AM.

SteveHat #5 Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:58 PM

Sergeant

• 11190 battles
  • [ANZUS]

View PostOldManEmu, on 07 December 2018 - 03:50 AM, said:

While Telstra hasn't provided any substantial reason why the Ping is so high I have found some information on the Internode site - As of  Oct 26 2018 the link between Perth to Singapore is down. A submarine cable fault has been identified by a 3rd party carrier. A cable ship for repairs is being organised. No ETR (Estimated time to repair) available.

Going on past cable faults it could take as long as 2 months for a repair to be completed depending on which countries waters the fault is.

Now this is pure speculation but I think some carriers like Telstra, Internode etc have opted not to use the new Vocus submarine cable and we continue to use the old fault ridden SE-ME-WE 3 cable to Singapore because they are tight arrses and won't hand over any dollars.

Thats pretty much it. I heard on one site that the cable ship AE had been dispatched some time ago to fix the problem. I take that to mean the ASEAN Explorer which they’ve used before to fix the cable. However it’s been stationary outside Singapore for the last few days. Perhaps that’s where the fault is but I’m also wondering if they’re really in any hurry to fix the problem. 

Its all just just too frustrating. 

YOLO_Munky #6 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2271 battles
Rage rage rage ping induced rage quit today.

TinDingo #7 Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:55 AM

Sergeant

• 26638 battles
  • [OVR50]

The good folks who own the new cable from Perth to Singapore paid some fishermen to break the old cable and are now trying to cash in by over-charging for use of the new cable.

Australian ISPs of course have elected to use the (much slower)  Sydney to Hong Kong to Singapore cable instead.

This is all BS on my part - but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

stinger8 #8 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:05 AM

Corporal

• 25796 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostOldManEmu, on 07 December 2018 - 03:50 AM, said:

I believe Telstra etc is waiting for the INDIGO submarine cable, which apparently will be ready Q1 2019. I’ve been struggling playing with more than 220ms from Perth. I just signed up this month to ExpressVPN which help the connection a bit (200ms on average now)

Edited by stinger8, 11 December 2018 - 03:08 AM.

WatEverHitsMost #9 Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:58 PM

Private

• 1929 battles
  • [DR2FT]
I play from north Europe. Typical ping is 260-300+ when using ExpressVPN (connect to Jurong server). As long as no lost packets, it is not ideal but payable. 

YOLO_Munky #10 Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2271 battles
Anything over 230 I quit but what’s worse is when it spikes all over the place.

Elite911 #11 Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:08 AM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]

There's currently a broken undersea cable from AU to SG: http://forum.wotblit...-latency-issue/

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

Vitali_K #12 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

Corporal

• 31671 battles
  • [WHO15]

Hello, fellow Australians!

Underwater cable from Singapore to Perth has been repaired several days ago. 

However, the ping still around 200-220!

Also, a packet loss is 3-5%  (picture freeze)  at WOT Blitz server pick time.

Internet Service Provider (ISP) said the link to Singapore working as usual...

Contacted WOT Blitz support - no solution offered, apart blaming ISP...

Anyway, I was happy to pay for a WOT Blitz premium account and buy premium tanks before...

Not any longer... 

What about you guys?

BossArdnutz #13 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:01 AM

Sergeant

• 5172 battles
  • [DERPU]
Ping still usually low 200s for me too.  Packet loss happens occasionally but I can live with it.

__Noobieman #14 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:21 AM

Sergeant

• 10549 battles
  • [AVSW]

Vitali_K      Agree, and no comp either until my ping gets down to 120 mark.

Had my ISP check their end, redid my modem link to them and I sent them a few PingPlotter graphs. All of my ping problem is with the overseas link from Perth using Telstra's international connection. The final bit to WG servers isn't good either. I have some 14 link steps shown in the graph to WG Asia. Not happy as this is an ongoing hassle.

Also tagged with Complain, network, laggy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users