Centurion 7/1 grindy grind

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TnkCmndrToo #1 Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

So I’ve just unlocked the Centurion 7/1.

And I’ve discovered this: that thing stock is an absolute joke - it faces tier 10 for God’s sake!

My first game, I got matched against tier 10 (whatever happened to the ‘honeymoon’ initial matchmaking?), and some idiot decided to say ‘Useless Centurion’. Well I learnt my lesson, and I’m avoiding that thing until I get it fully upgraded (or at least the gun and turret).

However, to do that, I’m going to need about 160,000 XP, and I seriously can’t play another battle in that thing stock... I could free XP it, but I’d need about 6000 battles to get that amount (and that 160k XP is only to get the top gun!)

So, has anyone got any tips? How can you play a stock tier 9 medium without losing your mind? Any tips for grinding XP? Any advice specifically for a stock Cent 7/1?

PS. I don’t want to spend gold :( sigh...

ankitgusai19 #2 Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50492 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 23 November 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

And I’ve discovered this: that thing stock is an absolute joke - it faces tier 10 for God’s sake!

My first game, I got matched against tier 10 (whatever happened to the ‘honeymoon’ initial matchmaking?), and some idiot decided to say ‘Useless Centurion’. Well I learnt my lesson, and I’m avoiding that thing until I get it fully upgraded (or at least the gun and turret).

However, to do that, I’m going to need about 160,000 XP, and I seriously can’t play another battle in that thing stock... I could free XP it, but I’d need about 6000 battles to get that amount (and that 160k XP is only to get the top gun!)

So, has anyone got any tips? How can you play a stock tier 9 medium without losing your mind? Any tips for grinding XP? Any advice specifically for a stock Cent 7/1?

AFAIK There's a whole week ahead with 4X experience for first win. Get them purple boosters working, get a toon mate and clear those 4x. 
7-8k xp a game twice a day for a week is at least 80k odd xp.  

Edited by ankitgusai19, 23 November 2018 - 05:41 AM.

TnkCmndrToo #3 Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View Postankitgusai19, on 23 November 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

AFAIK There's a whole week ahead with 4X experience for first win. Get them purple boosters working, get a toon mate and clear those 4x. 
7-8k xp a game twice a day for a week is at least 80k odd xp.  

Ah ha. Brilliant! Forgot about that.

__Noobieman #4 Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

Sergeant

• 16678 battles
  • [AVSW]
or just grind your best three credit earning tanks using an hour of premium time each day, that will help build up your credits plus Free Experience points to use on equipment for the Centurion

TnkCmndrToo #5 Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View Post__Noobieman, on 23 November 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

or just grind your best three credit earning tanks using an hour of premium time each day, that will help build up your credits plus Free Experience points to use on equipment for the Centurion

Thanks for the advice! I'm beginning to think I'll just have to suffer through the grind, but this should make it a bit easier :) 

Jason_Yim #6 Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

Sergeant

• 11013 battles
  • [TERRI]

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 23 November 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

You can just use free XP boosters+Premium account certificates+x4 XP victory =Ultimate free XP grind

TnkCmndrToo #7 Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostJason_Yim, on 24 November 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

You can just use free XP boosters+Premium account certificates+x4 XP victory =Ultimate free XP grind

Looks like that'll have to do, but I'm running low on free XP boosters :( ... and to think I spent all that time rehabilitating my win rate from my noob days :'( 

HyperWill #8 Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:25 AM

Corporal

• 16241 battles
  • [SNOVA]
Is it just me that think stock centurion 7/1 gun is already good enough? it has low pen but dem great ROF. I managed to get 2K with stock gun. I use exp to mount the engine and suspension first. You just need to be fast and sneaky by sniping or ram the enemies but for facing tier 10 heavies, you don`t have choice but to run from it "Be a ninja". Anyway before i  get the engine, i played alot of premium tank and collect free exp because MTs without speed is a JOKE. 

TnkCmndrToo #9 Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostHyperWill, on 24 November 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Is it just me that think stock centurion 7/1 gun is already good enough? it has low pen but dem great ROF. I managed to get 2K with stock gun. I use exp to mount the engine and suspension first. You just need to be fast and sneaky by sniping or ram the enemies but for facing tier 10 heavies, you don`t have choice but to run from it "Be a ninja". Anyway before i  get the engine, i played alot of premium tank and collect free exp because MTs without speed is a JOKE. 

Yeah, I was just grinding it today... actually I think I agree with you. When maxed out, you can get the completely stock gun to 2779 DPM... but I'm still at about 78% crew :(. Anyway, as you said, 226 pen can't touch tier 10 heavies. I haven't had too many pen problems though. Interestingly, you can out-DPM your fully upgraded twins (as long as they don't fire HESH)! It's certainly better than the other stock T9 medium guns around, anyway. 

Perhaps I was too harsh on the stock version - it's great against T8, decent against T9, and just passable against T10, but the gem of the line is still the Royal Ordnance L7A1.

I find it interesting you chose to upgrade engine and tracks first. While I see your point, I think I'll go for the guns first, because the Centurions (especially the 7/1) aren't really fast flankers or CODing brawlers. Since they have more of a hull-down ridge sniper playstyle, I personally feel the gun is more important. Maybe we just play differently :) 

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #10 Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 380 battles
  • [TDAF]

How I grinded the 7/1:

1. 20-pdr Type B

2. Mk 9 turret 

3.RR Griffon engine

4. L7A1 Royal Ordnance

5. Tracks 

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

jzmalexander #11 Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

Sergeant

• 15661 battles
  • [JD]

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 24 November 2018 - 03:04 AM, said:

Yeah, I was just grinding it today... actually I think I agree with you. When maxed out, you can get the completely stock gun to 2779 DPM... but I'm still at about 78% crew :(. Anyway, as you said, 226 pen can't touch tier 10 heavies. I haven't had too many pen problems though. Interestingly, you can out-DPM your fully upgraded twins (as long as they don't fire HESH)! It's certainly better than the other stock T9 medium guns around, anyway. 

Perhaps I was too harsh on the stock version - it's great against T8, decent against T9, and just passable against T10, but the gem of the line is still the Royal Ordnance L7A1.

I find it interesting you chose to upgrade engine and tracks first. While I see your point, I think I'll go for the guns first, because the Centurions (especially the 7/1) aren't really fast flankers or CODing brawlers. Since they have more of a hull-down ridge sniper playstyle, I personally feel the gun is more important. Maybe we just play differently :) 

By fully upgraded twins you mean the Conqueror and Tortoise? Tortoise has one of the highest dpms on the game, 3701dpm. So i dont think that it could out dpm the tortoise. The Conqueror has 2715 dpm, so the cent could only just out dpm the conqueror, but the conq has more hp, so you could potentially lose to the conqueror in a 1v1.

TnkCmndrToo #12 Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View Postjzmalexander, on 27 November 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

By fully upgraded twins you mean the Conqueror and Tortoise? Tortoise has one of the highest dpms on the game, 3701dpm. So i dont think that it could out dpm the tortoise. The Conqueror has 2715 dpm, so the cent could only just out dpm the conqueror, but the conq has more hp, so you could potentially lose to the conqueror in a 1v1.
Oh lol. I meant a fully upgraded Centurion 7/1! If I saw any of those two coming I’d run :teethhappy: sorry for the misunderstanding.

G_Unit #13 Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:12 AM

Corporal

• 9014 battles
  • [TNIAD]

You know what I hate?

Those who call stock tanks 'Noob' or 'Idiots'.

Yeah, because converting free EXP is free.

TnkCmndrToo #14 Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostG_Unit, on 18 January 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

You know what I hate?

Those who call stock tanks 'Noob' or 'Idiots'.

Yeah, because converting free EXP is free.

I've gotten that a lot :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users