Selling collector vehicles

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TankKilla2 #1 Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:03 AM

Captain

• 8958 battles
  • [BIA3]
Is the ability to sell them for gold a permanent thing or limited time offer? tia,

When I'm the best player on the team it aint my fault if we lose!

TnkCmndrToo #2 Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5880 battles

View PostDestroyer3462, on 20 November 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Is the ability to sell them for gold a permanent thing or limited time offer? tia,

Don't know mate, I should think it's permanent. My advice would be to sell the ones you don't care about at all and keep the ones you liked before, even if they've been nerfed... it's possible WG will buff them up and sell them in the Store, and then you'll already have them. I saw a post that described the situation well, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here it is; I think you've seen this, but for everyone else's benefit:

WG has been very clever with this update - lots are against and lots are for it. But there is only one reason for the latter - gold.

"I got some free gold for some tanks I never play anyway, so its all good"

Ask yourself why they are handing out gold - they want as many people to sell these collector tanks as possible. They want them out of your garages and gold is the only way to do it. They could have just turned them into collector tanks, nerfed them and compensated people with silver or another ingame currency, these are only low tier tanks after all - no, they want them gone from as many garages as possible.

Why? 

They will be re-released at a later date as low-tier premiums but will cost far more than the paltry 50 gold you got for selling your T46 after the update. Rather than solving sealclubbing, they will make players pay to do it instead.

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 20 November 2018 - 11:15 PM.

BossArdnutz #3 Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 39307 battles
  • [-IT-]

I'm keeping the KV-13, because I think I'll like it (only played 1 game in it with a 50% crew so far). And I'm keeping the Covenanter, because I suck at it, so getting it up to WR50 is a nice challenge.

Plus I just managed an Ace in it, so maybe I'm improving...

Edited by BossArdnutz, 29 November 2018 - 08:55 AM.

TnkCmndrToo #4 Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5880 battles

View PostBossArdnutz, on 29 November 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

I'm keeping the KV-13, because I think I'll like it (only played 1 game in it with a 50% crew so far). And I'm keeping the Covenanter, because I suck at it, so getting it up to WR50 is a nice challenge.

Plus I just managed an Ace in it, so maybe I'm improving...

The Covenanter was a firm favourite of mine before 5.5, but I only keep it now because of the aforementioned WG money-grabbing lol. As far as the KV-13 goes, you can give it a shot, but the Comet is FAR superior, as is the KVs counterpart, the T-43. Of course this might just be because I suck :) just my opinion though, a lot of people like the solidity and troll armour of the KV-13. No harm in giving it a go.

__Grifter__ #5 Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

Still have not sold a single collector tank on this or my main account. Cannot bring myself to do it as still feel this is not the last we will see of these tanks and I do not want to be fooled by WG again.

Convenantor is a good tank in the hands of those that know how to use it - which is not many at tier 4. I eat them for breakfast generally.

TnkCmndrToo #6 Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5880 battles

View Post__Grifter__, on 30 November 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Still have not sold a single collector tank on this or my main account. Cannot bring myself to do it as still feel this is not the last we will see of these tanks and I do not want to be fooled by WG again.

Convenantor is a good tank in the hands of those that know how to use it - which is not many at tier 4. I eat them for breakfast generally.

I don't know... it's pretty difficult to use now. 11 second mag reload is just too much, the short 7 second reload was one of my favourite features. But hey. I'm still keeping it, just in case...

Diamond114 #7 Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:01 AM

Captain

• 16536 battles
  • [408]

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 30 November 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

The Covenanter was a firm favourite of mine before 5.5, but I only keep it now because of the aforementioned WG money-grabbing lol. As far as the KV-13 goes, you can give it a shot, but the Comet is FAR superior, as is the KVs counterpart, the T-43. Of course this might just be because I suck :) just my opinion though, a lot of people like the solidity and troll armour of the KV-13. No harm in giving it a go.

Haven't played the KV-13 since 5.5, but prior to that it wasn't bad. Nice mobility, tough armor for a med, good gun with average, but decent performance.

The gun depression though is horrible. Enough to make it not a perfect Tier VII tank IMO.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

TnkCmndrToo #8 Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5880 battles
5.5 didn't mess with it much. But I'll still take the Comet any day of the week :)

Dangerous_when_Sober #9 Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:44 AM

Captain

• 67406 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostTnkCmndrToo, on 20 November 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

Don't know mate, I should think it's permanent. My advice would be to sell the ones you don't care about at all and keep the ones you liked before, even if they've been nerfed... it's possible WG will buff them up and sell them in the Store, and then you'll already have them. I saw a post that described the situation well, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here it is; I think you've seen this, but for everyone else's benefit:

WG has been very clever with this update - lots are against and lots are for it. But there is only one reason for the latter - gold.

"I got some free gold for some tanks I never play anyway, so its all good"

Ask yourself why they are handing out gold - they want as many people to sell these collector tanks as possible. They want them out of your garages and gold is the only way to do it. They could have just turned them into collector tanks, nerfed them and compensated people with silver or another ingame currency, these are only low tier tanks after all - no, they want them gone from as many garages as possible.

Why? 

They will be re-released at a later date as low-tier premiums but will cost far more than the paltry 50 gold you got for selling your T46 after the update. Rather than solving sealclubbing, they will make players pay to do it instead.

Good advice. There are too many classic tanks in the collectors list.

diananna #10 Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:20 AM

Private

• 0 battles
5.5 didn't mess with it much :))) jigsaw puzzle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users