Matilda 11 as a heavy tank is a joke

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ETPenfold_1stTankSection #1 Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:31 AM

Private

• 2867 battles
  • [BTFT]
With the stupid 5.5 update denuding the tech tree below level V we are left with the game becoming a joke. No more is that so with the Matilda 11 at level 4 being upgraded from medium to heavy tank.  WOT is their wisdom decided to increase the speed of the tank (whoopeeeee) but left it the pathetic 2pounder.  This is a pea gun when it comes to confronting heavy tanks at level V when the matchmaker puts the Matilda at the bottom on the list but places it beside a KV expecting to have the endurance and firepower of a heavy tank: its a joke like firing peas at a brick wall.  Hence, the update 5.5 is a disaster as far as I am concerned and I am seriously considering getting rid of the game and going over to [some other game not worth mentioning].  Is there anyone else who thinks the Matilda 11 is the worst heavy tank on the tree ?  

Diamond114 #2 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:47 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]
I`d say the BDR comes close. Big silhouette, thin armor for a heavy and with a gun the either has good pen and damage but slow reload or a faster firing gun with decent damage but poor pen. 

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

TnkCmndrToo #3 Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5698 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostETPenfold_1stTankSection, on 18 November 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

With the stupid 5.5 update denuding the tech tree below level V we are left with the game becoming a joke. No more is that so with the Matilda 11 at level 4 being upgraded from medium to heavy tank.  WOT is their wisdom decided to increase the speed of the tank (whoopeeeee) but left it the pathetic 2pounder.  This is a pea gun when it comes to confronting heavy tanks at level V when the matchmaker puts the Matilda at the bottom on the list but places it beside a KV expecting to have the endurance and firepower of a heavy tank: its a joke like firing peas at a brick wall.  Hence, the update 5.5 is a disaster as far as I am concerned and I am seriously considering getting rid of the game and going over to [some other game not worth mentioning].  Is there anyone else who thinks the Matilda 11 is the worst heavy tank on the tree ?  

Matilda 11? Surely you do not refer to the mighty Matilda, the queen of the desert, the scourge of WWII German tank crews everywhere?

I personally do very well in it; it absolutely dominates when top-tier and can hold its own in a sidescrape even when bottom tier. Besides, don't call this the worst HT in the tree when the Churchill I exists... not to mention the French B1, which the Matilda can absolutely shred.

I do find the pen nerf to be annoying; its high pen, 22 rpm gun was very good before. However, I can now only hit about 18 rpm, and pen is now nothing more than decent. However, I get the feeling side armour went from 75 to 80 mm (I might be recalling wrongly though).

Anyway, I've been running this thing recently and am reasonably happy. It's not the same, but it didn't get destroyed by 5.5 like the Covenanter or the German lights.

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 18 November 2018 - 10:58 PM.

IDONTCARE_2 #4 Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:29 PM

Corporal

• 20742 battles
  • [SEALZ]
Matilda is nerfed. It can no longer penetrate every tanks easily and the rof is decreased too. I agree that it shouldn't be a heavy tank because it really isn't a heavy tank. Changing tank class so that there are more 'heavy tanks' is not a smart idea.

Tanks that are my babes: T-54  (Mr.GoodInEverything), Obj268, Mickey Maus, Bromwell, VK28, KV2, IS8, ISU152, LTTB, T54 LWT, Borsig, JP2, IS7

Tanks that I hate: FV215b 183 campers, Tanks driven by bots or poor players (especially below tier 5), AMX 1375 (1 of the worst tier 7 I have ever played), Chinese IS2 (Horrendous gun handling and useless armor)

Tanks that I am trying to ACE: VK100, Chinese IS2

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #5 Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
It’s a beast just pack a decent amount of APCR for the KV-1 etc and be prepared to lose credits at times. This is a carry tank in the right hands. I love it.

jzmalexander #6 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

Sergeant

• 14339 battles
  • [JD]

Broooo no! Its the Matilda II (or 2 if Roman numerals confuse u). Not Matilda 11 lol. 

And its armour is better than most tier V HT just fyi.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #7 Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 315 battles
  • [TDAF]

According to the Top secret British Bias Documents the Matilda 11 was drawn up by a man that goes by the name of Big Chungus who had a hard on for the queen of the desert and wanted to up gun the Matilda with the 17-Pdr with more armor plus spaced armor slapped on to it and a new engine (six bus engines this time). 

The prototype tank simply known as Thicc Tilda (new turret to house the 17-Pdr, better armor with some sheets of steel bolted to what ever places on the tank that need more protection) was tested and it failed every possible test. Everyone knew that the Matilda had out lived its use and was a waste of money to build a full production line but due to the massive girth of Big Chungus and the fear of his dreaded ability (He was a very angry man who had a knack for turning grown men into crying babies just by relentlessly mocking them) the tank went into production with little to no opposition.

Its service was abysmal; even with the 17-Pdr the tank was too slow and when the tank broke down it was just left abandoned as the repairing the tank was more time consuming  (everything on the tank would break or fall off) then simply running away or surrendering. The tank earned the nickname of the B!tch of the Desert. 

Big Chungus once hearing that his creation was a steaming pile of dog shit fell into insanity and was never heard from again. 

Spoiler

Edited by PANPAKAPAAAN2427, 18 January 2019 - 06:10 PM.

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

TnkCmndrToo #8 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5698 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostPANPAKAPAAAN2427, on 19 January 2019 - 06:07 AM, said:

According to the Top secret British Bias Documents the Matilda 11 was drawn up by a man that goes by the name of Big Chungus who had a hard on for the queen of the desert and wanted to up gun the Matilda with the 17-Pdr with more armor plus spaced armor slapped on to it and a new engine (six bus engines this time). 

The prototype tank simply known as Thicc Tilda (new turret to house the 17-Pdr, better armor with some sheets of steel bolted to what ever places on the tank that need more protection) was tested and it failed every possible test. Everyone knew that the Matilda had out lived its use and was a waste of money to build a full production line but due to the massive girth of Big Chungus and the fear of his dreaded ability (He was a very angry man who had a knack for turning grown men into crying babies just by relentlessly mocking them) the tank went into production with little to no opposition.

Its service was abysmal; even with the 17-Pdr the tank was too slow and when the tank broke down it was just left abandoned as the repairing the tank was more time consuming  (everything on the tank would break or fall off) then simply running away or surrendering. The tank earned the nickname of the B!tch of the Desert. 

Big Chungus once hearing that his creation was a steaming pile of dog shit fell into insanity and was never heard from again. 

Spoiler

Ah, OP was taking about the Russian premium Matilda. Right.

And what the hell did I just read...

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 18 January 2019 - 09:03 PM.

__Grifter__ #9 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]
Matilda is fine - if not massively OP at tier 4. Hardly anything can pen you, especially the current playerbase that doesn't know its weakspots. Even in tier 5 it can handle itself but obviously try not to get into a comfrontation with a KV1 although I completely owned one in a full health v full health showdown a few days ago without even needing APCR - but that says more about the KV1 driver more than anything else.

G_Unit #10 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

Corporal

• 8568 battles
  • [TNIAD]
It's nerfed, alright. Okay, armour values were buffed but bloody hell, the frontal weakpoints are HUGE now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users