Jump to content


Nobody playing Mad Games anymore?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

The_Gaffer #1 Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:17 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 53801 battles
  • 2,383
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

I am finding that the waiting times for Mad Games have got so long as to make it not worth the effort most of the time. Last night I waited upwards of 20 minutes to get in a game and I was solo in tier 8, same device mode switched off to give me the best chance. I would have thought it would be easy to get into a game. Changing tiers didn't help. 

 

Today I am seeing between 2 and 4 other players in the queue for the past hour. No more than that. Mind you, there are only 3,000 players online, apparently. 

 

I have to wonder why people lost interest in Mad Games. When it started, there were calls for it to be permanent. Apparently, the majority of the player base felt that way, but now they are nowhere. Perhaps the end of the chance to grind/buy the event tanks has made people think the mode is no longer available? Perhaps they don't like that their battle count doesn't go up?

 

It's a great way to grind your tanks. It's good XP earning. Good credit earning too in my opinion, should you still need credits. 

 

I wanted to grind my Caernarvon through to tier 10, and get the Jageroo, but I can't get games now. It's a pity, as it's a great opportunity going begging. 

 


Edited by The_Gaffer, 06 November 2018 - 03:19 AM.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

 


krad55 #2 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:06 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 562
  • Member since:
    04-23-2015

They are not interested. They want to show off their 40% WR in rated battles.

 

Looking at all this, I have to think that I had gotten it all wrong and this player base really deserves everything WG is doing to them.



iamSamRock #3 Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:49 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41023 battles
  • 594
  • [SURLY]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2014
ya i stayed in queue for a while, i didn't even looked at waiting tanks. then after a min or so, i looked, 0 players at tier 7-X and barely 1 or so between 5-6. not sure if server issue or no available player.

Newb179 #4 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:11 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 1210 battles
  • 5
  • [BDG86]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2018
Like I propose before, relegate mad games to another regular battle mode. Hence encounter, supremacy or mad games. Make mad games open to all tier, and restrict by tier to tier 1-3, tier 4-6, tier 7-10. Match making algorithm first come first serve, and every 5th or whatever battle is a mad game. For example if 14 people in total on queue for tier 1-3, they play against each other. Lose the ridiculous enhancement, keep the non WR affecting statistic. That should let people learn.

The_Gaffer #5 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:50 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 53801 battles
  • 2,383
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

View Postkrad55, on 06 November 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

They are not interested. They want to show off their 40% WR in rated battles.

 

Looking at all this, I have to think that I had gotten it all wrong and this player base really deserves everything WG is doing to them.

 

I always enjoy your comments, Krad55. I know how you feel. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

 


The_Gaffer #6 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:54 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 53801 battles
  • 2,383
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

View PostNewb179, on 06 November 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Like I propose before, relegate mad games to another regular battle mode. Hence encounter, supremacy or mad games. Make mad games open to all tier, and restrict by tier to tier 1-3, tier 4-6, tier 7-10. Match making algorithm first come first serve, and every 5th or whatever battle is a mad game. For example if 14 people in total on queue for tier 1-3, they play against each other. Lose the ridiculous enhancement, keep the non WR affecting statistic. That should let people learn.

 

I also think it’s nice to have a non-stat affecting way to learn to play different tanks. Training rooms can do that but finding a competitive opportunity there on a regular basis is unlikely. You need to set it up yourself and, of course, you can’t make credits or XP in a training room. That’s why WG won’t do it, I believe, but seeing how few people are playing Mad Games now, I don’t think they need to worry. Most of the player base can’t see the advantages of playing in Mad Games. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

 


erwin10001 #7 Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:33 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 33737 battles
  • 644
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

yes its puzzling, all those 40% players have the ideal opportunity to play more higher tier in Mad Games to improve their skills without affecting their stats or MH, but they prefer not to... 

 

actually mad games could be a better solution to the low tier problem than the upcoming rubbish solution of reducing tank choice. make Mad Games a low tier game mode so that beginners can practice without any effect on their stats or MH.

 



The_Gaffer #8 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:13 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 53801 battles
  • 2,383
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

View Posterwin10001, on 06 November 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

yes its puzzling, all those 40% players have the ideal opportunity to play more higher tier in Mad Games to improve their skills without affecting their stats or MH, but they prefer not to... 

 

actually mad games could be a better solution to the low tier problem than the upcoming rubbish solution of reducing tank choice. make Mad Games a low tier game mode so that beginners can practice without any effect on their stats or MH.

 

That would be really good. I love the stress-free nature of the Mad Games mode. People are less salty and it really is a chance to try anything and not fear noobing out. :D


"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

 


KittykattKat #9 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:19 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 25254 battles
  • 48
  • [ASFOW]
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

View PostNewb179, on 06 November 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

Like I propose before, relegate mad games to another regular battle mode. Hence encounter, supremacy or mad games. Make mad games open to all tier, and restrict by tier to tier 1-3, tier 4-6, tier 7-10. Match making algorithm first come first serve, and every 5th or whatever battle is a mad game. For example if 14 people in total on queue for tier 1-3, they play against each other. Lose the ridiculous enhancement, keep the non WR affecting statistic. That should let people learn.

 

F#%*! NO! Only if I can disable it via menu settings. Is it fun? Briefly it kinda was but even mid event I chose to use gold to get my tanks rather than continue. It teaches absolutely horrible habits & was affecting my skill levels. Nothing at stake.

 

Why should I be forced into 1 in 5 of my battles (or any number) being pointless? I want all my games to affect my WR & test my mettle. Mad games with or without enhancement can stay the f..... out of my battles.


Edited by KittykattKat, 07 November 2018 - 02:27 AM.


The_Gaffer #10 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:58 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 53801 battles
  • 2,383
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

View PostKittykattKat, on 07 November 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

F#%*! NO! Only if I can disable it via menu settings. Is it fun? Briefly it kinda was but even mid event I chose to use gold to get my tanks rather than continue. It teaches absolutely horrible habits & was affecting my skill levels. Nothing at stake.

 

Why should I be forced into 1 in 5 of my battles (or any number) being pointless? I want all my games to affect my WR & test my mettle. Mad games with or without enhancement can stay the f..... out of my battles.

 

Oh, for sure if something like this was ever added it should be optional, like training rooms. From the sound of it, you will be happy that people have more opportunities to stay out of your battles. It's win-win. For those who are tired of regular battles or just don't like the salt, it's a chance to relax. Will never happen though. If players could permanently grind stock tanks without affecting WR or MH, less gold would be spent on converting XP.


"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

 


Lord_Melchett #11 Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 27467 battles
  • 376
  • [1914]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2016

Simply put, I don't think there are enough active players on the Asia server to support multiple game modes with separate queues.  I see this as the same reason that rating battles are dead.  If you try to get a battle, and wait 2-3 minutes without anyone new joining the queue, you just go back to regular battles. 

 

One of the youtubers (Bushka, maybe?) suggested that they could bring Mad Games back sporadically, limited to one tier for a short time.  Something like "7-10pm this Friday, tier 9".  That might concentrate the interested players enough to be able to actually run battles ...



The_Gaffer #12 Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 53801 battles
  • 2,383
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

View PostLord_Melchett, on 08 November 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Simply put, I don't think there are enough active players on the Asia server to support multiple game modes with separate queues.  I see this as the same reason that rating battles are dead.  If you try to get a battle, and wait 2-3 minutes without anyone new joining the queue, you just go back to regular battles. 

 

One of the youtubers (Bushka, maybe?) suggested that they could bring Mad Games back sporadically, limited to one tier for a short time.  Something like "7-10pm this Friday, tier 9".  That might concentrate the interested players enough to be able to actually run battles ...

 

I believe you are right, m’Lord, as usual. 

 

One of the forumers contacted me last night about doing count-ins in Mad Games. That’s one way to go. Bring your own crowd to get a game. :) 


"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

 


nikhilsingh1892 #13 Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 38416 battles
  • 47
  • [GOLD-]
  • Member since:
    02-09-2015
first i would like to thank op for bringing this up because it is hard to believe that people aren't interested in mad games. i personally was playing only mad games mode lately or fv215 td because it is relatively new in my garage.. now that I'm out of credits again i don't think I'll be playing wotb anymore.. bear with me here- i would again like to blame wotb administration because mad games was just too much fun and much needed alteration from normal mode for users to be fed up off. They are somehow making us wait longer during mm to get us off this mode which is eventually going to end whether we like it or not doesn't matter.. it makes sense because normal mode was losing its lure




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users