Need Tank Advice Tier 5-9

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Newb179 #1 Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:28 AM

Private

• 1210 battles
  • [BDG86]

With the upcoming pruning of tech tree in 5.5 my original plan does not look good anymore. Originally I was planning to play 200 games for each tank before upgrading, but nerfing tier 1 to 5 is not going to make it fun anymore.

So now, I am going to set myself a new challenge. Only one tank per tier from 5 to 9 and I am going to use it in all my battles, tournament and event. Premium tank OK, tech tree grinding OK also. Scavenger doesn't count. So can you recommend me what tanks to get? I already got a tier 8 T54 Mod 1, the discount is good and from the reviews the tank looks OK.

I tend to get in trouble with fast tanks, overextending myself. What I want is tanks that are manueverable, turns easily, good gun handling (gun depression and rate of fire), have acceptable armor (can sidescrape and brawl if I have to). Speed and acceleration is enough to keep up with the crowd. So what should I get?

Tier 5: 

Tier 6:

Tier 7:

Tier 9:

Thank you for your suggestions.

Diamond114 #2 Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:05 PM

Captain

• 15988 battles
  • [408]

Tier V: Russian T-34 (not Type T-34, the Chinese one), M4 Sherman (the US one), VK 30.01H

Tier VI: Sherman Jumbo (M4A3E2), M4A3E8, T-34/85, KV-1S with 122mm, VK 30.01D

Tier VII: T-43, KV-13, IS, T29, Comet, T-34-1

Tier VIII: IS-3, Pershing, T-44, T34, IS-6, Lowe

In general, once you hit Tier VII and above each nation's Tree Line characteristics starts to show themselves in full force, so you need to play with those in mind as well. What you were asking is tantamount to Agent Smith being greedy: "I want everything"

Edited by Diamond114, 06 November 2018 - 05:14 AM.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #3 Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:20 AM

Captain

• 15988 battles
  • [408]

Also, good gun handling to most player's definition is the dispersion circle not blooming much despite both the turret and hull moving and quick to aim, as well as having a good base dispersion. Rate of fire is usually not considered part of what determines a good from bad gun handling.

Edited by Diamond114, 06 November 2018 - 05:01 AM.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Newb179 #4 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:00 AM

Private

• 1210 battles
  • [BDG86]

Thank you for your reply. So if I understand you correctly, good gun handling means accuracy circle?

Actually what I want is most balanced tanks. I shall research those tanks you recommend.

Edited by Newb179, 06 November 2018 - 06:02 AM.

Diamond114 #5 Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

Captain

• 15988 battles
  • [408]

View PostNewb179, on 06 November 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Thank you for your reply. So if I understand you correctly, good gun handling means accuracy circle?

Actually what I want is most balanced tanks. I shall research those tanks you recommend.

Good gun handling means the accuracy circle doesn't bloom much when on the move or moving either the hull, turret, or both.

Also they generally have low base dispersion values, quick aim time and the shots usually goes to where the reticle is pointing. Bad gun handling means either the bloom is much bigger when on the move or moving hull and turret, slow aim time and having larger dispersion values as well as shots tend to go to the outsides of the circle, particularly at long range.

From worst to best gun handling:

- Soviet heavy tanks

- Chinese heavy tanks

- US Heavies

- Soviet/ Chinese mediums (tied)

- Japanese/ US mediums (tied)

- British tanks/ German tanks (tied)

I didn't include French because I'm not familiar enough with this line's gun handling.

Edited by Diamond114, 07 November 2018 - 06:13 AM.

Lord_Melchett #6 Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 27467 battles
  • [1914]

View PostDiamond114, on 07 November 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

Good gun handling means the accuracy circle doesn't bloom much when on the move or moving either the hull, turret, or both.

Also they generally have low base dispersion values, quick aim time and the shots usually goes to where the reticle is pointing. Bad gun handling means either the bloom is much bigger when on the move or moving hull and turret, slow aim time and having larger dispersion values as well as shots tend to go to the outsides of the circle, particularly at long range.

From worst to best gun handling:

- Soviet heavy tanks

- Chinese heavy tanks

- US Heavies

- Soviet/ Chinese mediums (tied)

- Japanese/ US mediums (tied)

- British tanks/ German tanks (tied)

I didn't include French because I'm not familiar enough with this line's gun handling.

Generalising, i'd say French gun handling is better than Soviets, but worse than British/German.  About the same as US.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users