Should we sell "collector" tanks after update 5.jive(turkey)?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TinDingo #1 Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:57 PM

Sergeant

• 26392 battles
  • [OVR50]

I have the tier 5 Pz. III/IV which I will be able to sell for 600 gold.

If WG ever starts selling "collector" tanks as premiums (and you know they will), the Pz. III/IV will cost about 2000 gold.

The bean counters at WG HQ have done their job well.

So, should we sell these tanks in order to make a short-term profit when It could turn into a long-term loss?

I suspect that WG is nerfing collector tanks in the hope that we sell them at a low price.

Then, WG will and sell them back to us as buffed premiums at a high price.

Even if we keep the "collector" tank, it will always be a nerfed version of the "premium".

These guys did not go to Frump University!

Edit:-

As pointed out below, tier 5 tanks will be sold for 250 gold, not 500.

I got my info from https://blitzhangar....te/5-5-preview.

Edited by TinDingo, 08 November 2018 - 06:42 AM.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

krad55 #2 Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles
Of course, sell. You seem to erroneously assume that tanks in this game have some value which they don't.
Game in low levels is now completely ruined, if not otherwise then by long wait times. Not sure if waiting 5 or 10 minutes to play a tier 3 or 4 tank is worth it.
Those tanks simply don't have any value any more, unless we assume that WG will somehow magically fix their game, but that I find extremely unlikely.

__Noobieman #3 Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

Corporal

• 8984 battles
  • [AVSW]

View Postkrad55, on 04 November 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

Of course, sell. You seem to erroneously assume that tanks in this game have some value which they don't.
Game in low levels is now completely ruined, if not otherwise then by long wait times. Not sure if waiting 5 or 10 minutes to play a tier 3 or 4 tank is worth it.
Those tanks simply don't have any value any more, unless we assume that WG will somehow magically fix their game, but that I find extremely unlikely.

don't you believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny ? 

yep, sell all the lower tier ones that you don;t like or have been nerfed down too much 

jl2015 #4 Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 30766 battles
  • [FUZE]
According to official news info,  tier5 collector tank only worth 250 gold. Tier 6 is 500 gold and tier7 is 1500 gold. 

WatEverHitsMost #5 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:18 AM

Private

• 1158 battles
  • [MONK]
Maybe just sell lower tiers and keep tier 5 and above. This way, it will not take up a lot of dead space in garage and a slightly over paid for reintroduced lower tier could be justified without too much pain. 

2OLD2CARE #6 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 108931 battles
  • [FOTB]

I will just keep mine - worked too hard too get them and don't need the gold

Ronnel_999 #7 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:06 AM

Sergeant

• 21847 battles
  • [BOOM2]
I'll go with Krad55 and say sell those tanks. I think those tanks have no or very little value especially that the game in low tiers is completely ruined. I have more than 35 tanks ready for selling when 5.5 comes. I'll also be selling my DW2 because there is no point on holding on to it just like the VK 28.01 when it got nerfed. There are also tanks that I paid real money that I will be selling like the Valentine II, Pz S35 and Pz2J because they just don't perform as well unlike before the penetration nerf. Yes they are still usable but their glory days are long gone and I'm just holding on to the stories and their reputation during their glory days but everybody wants a strong tanks that can bring "wins" and not watered down versions of what they once were.

Another reason is that I have only a limited amount of garage space (around 60 plus only) and keeping anemic tanks will prohibit me from buying back better tanks. I remember before that I had to sell my KV4 to give way to a Toaster which is really dumb in my opinion. With the extra garage space, I can buy back my old KV4 and other tanks too. I have been keeping lots of garbage tanks in my garage and I guess 5.5 will be a good time to do some cleaning up. For me, it's not really about the profit. It's more of a wake-up call telling me to bring out the garbage before winter :)

The_Gaffer #8 Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:51 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]
I am with 2OLD2CARE. I could sell them but I have more than enough garage slots and I don't need the gold. Might as well keep them. I like my tanks, even the "bad" ones. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users