Simple solution to stop seal clubbing

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Neb10k #1 Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:38 PM

Captain

• 56918 battles
  • [KR0N0]

Modify credit earning ratio at each tier depending on battle count.

So, experienced players earn more credits at higher tiers and lose money at lower tiers.

TinDingo #2 Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:13 PM

Sergeant

• 26392 battles
  • [OVR50]

This would not work.

If you want to get a tier 2/3/4 tank's win rate up to 50%, you will play it even if it cost you credits.

Experienced players don't play low tier tanks just to go seal clubbing.

Recently I have been trying to get all of my of tanks up to 50% starting at  tier 1.

I still have the T40 at tier 4 to go before moving on to tier 5.

Unfortunately I started on the T40 after the mm changes and am going backwards.

Looks like I'll be "seal clubbing" for the foreseeable future.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

Neb10k #3 Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:04 PM

Captain

• 56918 battles
  • [KR0N0]
But there is a limit to how much you can play at a tier that loses money.

If, after 20k games, you lost 10K credits every battle at tier 3 then you would be selective about when you play. It would be a luxury rather that a mode for long term viability.

TinDingo #4 Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:03 AM

Sergeant

• 26392 battles
  • [OVR50]

View PostNeb10k, on 03 November 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

But there is a limit to how much you can play at a tier that loses money.

If, after 20k games, you lost 10K credits every battle at tier 3 then you would be selective about when you play. It would be a luxury rather that a mode for long term viability.

Everyone has their own limits.

I would have no problem earning a million credits at higher tiers and then spending it trying to de-noob my last tier 4.

I would do this as many times as it takes - no limit.

But that's me.

Edited by TinDingo, 04 November 2018 - 12:04 AM.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

Neb10k #5 Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:07 AM

Captain

• 56918 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostTinDingo, on 04 November 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

Everyone has their own limits.

I would have no problem earning a million credits at higher tiers and then spending it trying to de-noob my last tier 4.

I would do this as many times as it takes - no limit.

But that's me.

Thats fair enough - I would not describe that as seal clubbing. For me it is platoons of pros smashing teams repeatedly at low tiers for sport.

__Noobieman #6 Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:59 AM

Corporal

• 8984 battles
  • [AVSW]
plus we still get tier 3 & 4 missions to do, who cares what tier a players wants to play.

Edited by __Noobieman, 04 November 2018 - 05:59 AM.

Neb10k #7 Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:23 AM

Captain

• 56918 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Think also about new players - if they have a credit bonus at low tiers then they won’t rush to tier x.

ankitgusai19 #8 Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 40517 battles
  • [SMRT]

This might be an unpopular opinion but it seem like lately everyone on forums frowns upon playing lower tiers. As a game there are few reasons (apart from seal clubbing) why experienced people(myself included and few other I know) likes to play lower tiers.

I have read some of those previous post on why seal clubbing is detrimental and 'how up tier is the place' for experienced player and so forth and I understand various reasons why people might think that seal clubbing is not the only engaging aspect of the game but instead there is lot more diversified and immersive experience at up tiers. But having said that, this is a game and playing lower should be fine as long as its enjoyable, If experienced players leaves too much negative effects on new players than it is WG's responsibility to balance out the teams so that players regardless of their level of experience can leave a game with better experience.  

It is just my opinion, and i feel that as experienced player playing lower tier is fine and one should not just play higher tier because one has become 'experienced'. 

The_Gaffer #9 Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:01 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Postankitgusai19, on 05 November 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but it seem like lately everyone on forums frowns upon playing lower tiers. As a game there are few reasons (apart from seal clubbing) why experienced people(myself included and few other I know) likes to play lower tiers.

I have read some of those previous post on why seal clubbing is detrimental and 'how up tier is the place' for experienced player and so forth and I understand various reasons why people might think that seal clubbing is not the only engaging aspect of the game but instead there is lot more diversified and immersive experience at up tiers. But having said that, this is a game and playing lower should be fine as long as its enjoyable, If experienced players leaves too much negative effects on new players than it is WG's responsibility to balance out the teams so that players regardless of their level of experience can leave a game with better experience.  

It is just my opinion, and i feel that as experienced player playing lower tier is fine and one should not just play higher tier because one has become 'experienced'. 

Totally with you on that but people will always draw their own conclusions as to why anyone does anything. 

Some prefer WWII tanks and play a lot in the corresponding tiers. Some avoid fantasy tanks. Some just really like a certain tank and play it a lot.

I knew a French guy whose grandfather drove a Pz S35 and he played it all the time because of that. He was called a seal clubber, which was funny because he really didn't give a hoot about his stats. He played it out of love, for the memory. People with no clue as to his motives would judge him. That's people for you.

Never let the opinions of random strangers in the ether of the Internet affect your enjoyment of the game. Even great players for me (SK8XTRM, Ruckus) have their detractors. Someone will always find something they don't like.

If experienced players complain about "noobs" or trolls or AFKs, they are often reminded that "the enemy team will have them too, it balances out". Well then, pros playing lower tiers should balance out too, especially in platoons as the MM now ensures that platoons are matched. 

Edited by The_Gaffer, 06 November 2018 - 03:05 AM.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

Diamond114 #10 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:56 AM

Captain

• 15988 battles
  • [408]

View PostThe_Gaffer, on 06 November 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Totally with you on that but people will always draw their own conclusions as to why anyone does anything. 

Some prefer WWII tanks and play a lot in the corresponding tiers. Some avoid fantasy tanks. Some just really like a certain tank and play it a lot.

I knew a French guy whose grandfather drove a Pz S35 and he played it all the time because of that. He was called a seal clubber, which was funny because he really didn't give a hoot about his stats. He played it out of love, for the memory. People with no clue as to his motives would judge him. That's people for you.

Never let the opinions of random strangers in the ether of the Internet affect your enjoyment of the game. Even great players for me (SK8XTRM, Ruckus) have their detractors. Someone will always find something they don't like.

If experienced players complain about "noobs" or trolls or AFKs, they are often reminded that "the enemy team will have them too, it balances out". Well then, pros playing lower tiers should balance out too, especially in platoons as the MM now ensures that platoons are matched. 

Just curious, does the French guy's grandfather served in the Vichy army or he started playing way before French tree line was introduced?

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

The_Gaffer #11 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:38 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostDiamond114, on 06 November 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Just curious, does the French guy's grandfather served in the Vichy army or he started playing way before French tree line was introduced?

I haven't had contact with the guy in years. I can't even recall his username at present but it may come to me. He was living in Taiwan at the time, preparing to move back to Paris.

Given how long ago it was, I'm pretty sure it was well before the French line was introduced. It was before clans even existed, if memory serves. It was definitely before they started reworking the maps (Rockfield still had mountains you could drive up right up to the top of, etc). He played quite a lot at the time, having his days free (he ran a small restaurant at night). 

I don't know much about his grandfather other than that he drove that tank (as a Somua, for the French) and had also seen a Char 2C "in the flesh":

He was a great guy. Full of enthusiasm for life and history. I really did enjoy Blitz more back then. So many people were playing for the fun of it. 

Edited by The_Gaffer, 07 November 2018 - 01:43 AM.

Diamond114 #12 Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:31 AM

Captain

• 15988 battles
  • [408]

View PostThe_Gaffer, on 07 November 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

I haven't had contact with the guy in years. I can't even recall his username at present but it may come to me. He was living in Taiwan at the time, preparing to move back to Paris.

Given how long ago it was, I'm pretty sure it was well before the French line was introduced. It was before clans even existed, if memory serves. It was definitely before they started reworking the maps (Rockfield still had mountains you could drive up right up to the top of, etc). He played quite a lot at the time, having his days free (he ran a small restaurant at night). 

I don't know much about his grandfather other than that he drove that tank (as a Somua, for the French) and had also seen a Char 2C "in the flesh":

He was a great guy. Full of enthusiasm for life and history. I really did enjoy Blitz more back then. So many people were playing for the fun of it. 

Oh, the pre-war French Army then. 

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Esh11 #13 Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 36729 battles
  • [NO0BS]
Ban Gaffer . That will put an end to a lot of seal clubbing .

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

The__Trooper #14 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:28 AM

Sergeant

• 778 battles
That's a big tank. Crew of 12. I see there are 13 people in the photo. Perhaps a spare included. :D

Edited by The__Trooper, 08 November 2018 - 02:19 AM.

Diamond114 #15 Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:22 AM

Captain

• 15988 battles
  • [408]

View PostEsh11, on 08 November 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

Higher probability we'll see the Death Star replaced by the Badger before that happens

fjvhk #16 Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:45 AM

Sergeant

• 29083 battles
  • [ARMD]

View PostThe__Trooper, on 08 November 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

That's a big tank. Crew of 12. I see there are 13 people in the photo. Perhaps a spare included. :D

The cook ? With those chimneys on top they could have a galley in there.

Vicar_in_a_Tutu #17 Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:32 PM

Private

• 53 battles

View PostEsh11, on 08 November 2018 - 02:20 AM, said:

3 battles he played in last 30 days. 2 in tier 7. 1 in tier 8. You are special child? Why you not ever think before you speak?

Esh11 #18 Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 36729 battles
  • [NO0BS]

View PostVicar_in_a_Tutu, on 08 November 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

3 battles he played in last 30 days. 2 in tier 7. 1 in tier 8. You are special child? Why you not ever think before you speak?

He has numerous accounts . I have confirmed evidence of at least half a dozen accounts which belong to him .

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

Diamond114 #19 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:52 PM

Captain

• 15988 battles
  • [408]

View PostEsh11, on 09 November 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

He has numerous accounts . I have confirmed evidence of at least half a dozen accounts which belong to him .

Bring it then. Unless they are in the dark net or something?

If you can't bring it out, then you're just all talk.

Edited by Diamond114, 08 November 2018 - 10:53 PM.

The_Gaffer #20 Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostDiamond114, on 07 November 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Oh, the pre-war French Army then. 

Yes, sorry, I should have said that. I don’t know if he fought in WWII. I vaguely recall that he was unfit for duty as the result of an injury.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users