WG U BUM WHY U DO THIS?!

Nerf collector low tiers

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

R_jzmalx #21 Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

Sergeant

• 20813 battles
  • [R0RY]

The gold values shown on Blitz hangar for the collector tanks are different than What othwr sources are saying, this being:

other sources or blitzhangar

Tier VII: 1500 or 1500

Tier VI: 500 or 1000

Tier V: 250 or 600

ETC

See the rest on the site.

TankKilla2 #22 Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 8289 battles
  • [WAR]

View Post__CupidStunt__, on 05 November 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Good post - it is not as simple and straightforward as saying 'experienced' players should play tiers 8-10. heck if they should, then 'inexperienced' players should stay out of those too but WG encourages this by selling them tanks that allow them to do so far too early.

Sure, those that purposely hit the low tiers in platoons or to consistently seal club in order to pad their stats should be ashamed of themselves but stats do not lie and it is easy to see who they are. At the same time though, lower tiers should not be completely inaccessible for experienced players. Sometimes players want to take a break from the expensive, stressful, and premium tank-filled tiers at the top. Tier 7 and 8 is just laughable now with all the Dracs, Helssings, Gravediggers, Lupus, Tankensteins, Nameless, and Vindicators let alone the TDs up there that can one shot you. Not mentioning the fact that there are so many 'inexperienced' players there as well. Then you are not going to be able to survive in a financial sense by playing tier 9 and 10 only as you lose tons of silver unless you win and sometimes even if you do win.

Tier 6 can be enjoyable but again, half the time you will find yourself in Tier 7. Tier 5 you have a significant disadvantage with just two slots to use compared to fully upgraded Tier 6 that can use all three. So basically, you only have tier 6 which is a double-edged sword, as you have a stronger advantage than ever before over tier 5 but will most likely be bottom tier against tier 7 fantasy/premium tanks most of the time.

Sometimes it is nice to go down to tier 5 or 4 where the stress levels are reduced, there are more realistic tanks and you are not going to break the bank and in fact help it to recover a little. Of course, there should be no real reason to ever go down into tier 1 to 3 unless you are grinding a new line but again, players should still have that choice if a player with 20 battles has the ability to go straight to tier 8. 

These changes are being dressed up anyway, these are not being done to help new players at all. That is their line on it but its quite obvious money is the determining factor. Which, of course, as a business they should be trying to make money but lets not try and fool the playerbase once again with false motives.

Mark my words, if this game survives long enough to see it, many of these collector tanks will be sold again. They want them out of the game as much as possible for the gold they are offering but when it comes to buying them back you will pay a lot more. I am keeping all mine for that reason, I dont need gold anyway, for what?

To gamble on a crate? No thanks.

To buy a premium tank? Why would I buy something that could be nerfed much like you have just a set precedent by doing? 

To buy garage slots? I dont need them anymore as half the tanks in the game have been removed.

Premium time? I have tons of certificates I have been saving up anyway.

sounds to me like there's little incentive to go beyond tier 5, or maybe 6. :( also.. I take it "collector tanks" cannot be used in battle? so if they're not sold what use are they? and any idea when the update will happen?

Edited by Destroyer3462, 05 November 2018 - 10:38 PM.

Veni, Vidi, Lusi

Diamond114 #23 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:52 AM

Captain

• 16529 battles
  • [408]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 06 November 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

sounds to me like there's little incentive to go beyond tier 5, or maybe 6. :( also.. I take it "collector tanks" cannot be used in battle? so if they're not sold what use are they? and any idea when the update will happen?

I don't think collector tanks will be unusable, just unobtainable past 5.5

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

__Grifter__ #24 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 05 November 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

You will be able to use collector tanks but they will be nerfed so bad that many will simply be unusable. 

R_jzmalx #25 Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:16 PM

Sergeant

• 20813 battles
  • [R0RY]

View PostDestroyer3462, on 05 November 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

lol yes, when i started the game i had an incentive to get to tier 6. I was such a noob, it took me more Than a year to get to tier VI ahhaah

EH_Samarth #26 Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:53 PM

Corporal

• 27982 battles
  • [PURGE]

View Postdoutei_magic, on 04 November 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Naivity. 

When u talk about veterans, please bear in mind that many have invested a lot in this game. Some have all the premiums. With this move, now half their garage would be filled with nerfed and/or useless tanks. If they had been a supporter of the game, they may have most probably have at least 20 premium tanks from tier 2-5. They bought into WG marketing that these were ultra rare collectibles. 

Would this move be an incentive for them to invest more or less? Bare in mind that we already have had to endure the removal of +/-2 mm, platoon mm, skill based mm, vehicle type mm, exp mm etc... FOR SKILL? In the past, you dealt with what was handed to you... and don’t forget, they took away all our paid equipments for spare parts! Which in turn, they took away for less credits. We have lost money, friends, equipments, credits, mm, gold, time grinding etc...

How many vets are still playing? And from this pool of vets how many still trust wargaming? Then finally how many still buy premium? It is simple. Just stop screwing us over. 

You talk about playing in the high tiers and that skill level is there. Sorry, I fail to see that. The skill level at tier 3,4,5-8 in the past was much much higher than the current tier 10 and would get worse. Have u participated in the recent ratings? People can barely shoot in the right direction. The level of play has dropped so badly that we have reached a stage where we have accepted playing with bots. Then there are cheaters, openly cheating. Worse still some of them are moderators. And some were VIPs invited to their events as special guests. 

This move just throws more vets under the bus causing them to leave, more fresh new players that didn’t grind to move up. I have said this before, this is a vicious cycle. More vets leave, the game gets dumbed down, WG does something stupid to “fix” it. 

Lets also not forget the novelty. If I were bored at tier 10, I could always go to the other tiers, even below tier 5 to play against the veteran clubbers there. They would still give me and my friends a run for our money. That was in the past. 

My opinion of your defence of WG is purely for your benefit. More fresh potatoes for you at high tiers to club. But very shortsighted. You aren’t thinking long-term. Doing this to increase skill level of player base is pure utter b.s. A few updates later and you may find yourself fighting bots at level 10!

This is a very real scenario. 

This has happened many times over the years, end result is always the same; we were always worse off after their silly updates. 

Sheer naivity. 

A few things it's not naivety I simply believe that low tiers are a pointless part of this game unless your a new player or are grinding a tank line . There are lots of players who simply don't care about lower tiers anymore and that's the stance I have . Lower tiers simply put have a lower level of game play compared to other tiers and that's because the people those tiers lack experience have barely any idea what they are doing and are mostly just learning . It is much harder to carry a game in higher tiers than in lower tiers and it doesn't make anyone's life easier if their are more potatoes in blitz . There is already plenty of them and I honestly don't think there has been any stage in blitz where the game is not dominated by complete potatoes . There have always been very few skilled players and I've seen much worse than the current standard of play before. Also they reintroduced paid equipment and while the compensation they gave when introducing spare parts was horrible at least they bought it back and compensated players with credits often in the millions for those with plenty of spare parts as well as camo and other things we could choose . The numerous iterations of the mm such as removing +2 and -2 are good changes for the game and I don't think many people would that reintroduced . Platoon matching, vehicle type matching is only unsuccessful on our server because our sever population is so low. Larger servers like eu and ru have these systems working much better since their server size is large enough .  Also why do you need to go below tier 5 to run against other seal clubbers ? Why can't you go to other tiers like 6-9 which are perfectly fine for good games and challenging enough compared to lower tiers . If your going to lower tiers it's most of the time to increase wins and that's fine if you do it sometimes . Do you really think players with 30k games should play most of their games below 5 , never even touching higher tiers ? 

The people that do this aren't playing the full game , they are locked at lower tiers playing only half the game .

R_jzmalx #27 Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:49 AM

Sergeant

• 20813 battles
  • [R0RY]

View PostEH_Samarth, on 06 November 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

A few things it's not naivety I simply believe that low tiers are a pointless part of this game unless your a new player or are grinding a tank line . There are lots of players who simply don't care about lower tiers anymore and that's the stance I have . Lower tiers simply put have a lower level of game play compared to other tiers and that's because the people those tiers lack experience have barely any idea what they are doing and are mostly just learning . It is much harder to carry a game in higher tiers than in lower tiers and it doesn't make anyone's life easier if their are more potatoes in blitz . There is already plenty of them and I honestly don't think there has been any stage in blitz where the game is not dominated by complete potatoes . There have always been very few skilled players and I've seen much worse than the current standard of play before. Also they reintroduced paid equipment and while the compensation they gave when introducing spare parts was horrible at least they bought it back and compensated players with credits often in the millions for those with plenty of spare parts as well as camo and other things we could choose . The numerous iterations of the mm such as removing +2 and -2 are good changes for the game and I don't think many people would that reintroduced . Platoon matching, vehicle type matching is only unsuccessful on our server because our sever population is so low. Larger servers like eu and ru have these systems working much better since their server size is large enough .  Also why do you need to go below tier 5 to run against other seal clubbers ? Why can't you go to other tiers like 6-9 which are perfectly fine for good games and challenging enough compared to lower tiers . If your going to lower tiers it's most of the time to increase wins and that's fine if you do it sometimes . Do you really think players with 30k games should play most of their games below 5 , never even touching higher tiers ? 

The people that do this aren't playing the full game , they are locked at lower tiers playing only half the game .

I agree with this, i just hit 10k games and most of my battles are in tier 5-8, with tier VI being the most. I think that it is one of the best tiers to play, because most “pro” players love tier VIII, there are less “pros”in tier VI games. There are enough “good” players for you to not lose the whole time, and by this time most other players have got to grips with the game and are “ok” players. 

(tier V,VI, VII: my fav tanks are: pz iii/iv, anko, crom berlin, kuro, T6 Drac, AT-7 with 17 pdr

Also tagged with Nerf, collector, low tiers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users