Update 5.5

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

doutei_magic #61 Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

Corporal

• 69 battles
  • [HBC]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 13 November 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Really? Could you name at least one tier 2 tank you bought for gold which became 1 tier?

Ha-go? 

Pz 2, cruiser II,, Type B, etc... all formally tier 2 tanks that became etc that are now tier 1 ?

In addition, there are tier 3456, and their respective changes and changes to their camo paid. 

e.g. if i bought a camo for a tank that was tier 5, now the tank is tier 4, we lose what we paid for. 

BTW, I am talking about gold for camo not gold tank. those gold camouflage were charged at tier 2 prices .. with their value being downgraded as a result of downgrading their tier. 

Edited by doutei_magic, 15 November 2018 - 12:07 PM.

NocturnZing #62 Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:44 PM

Corporal

• 4378 battles
  • [NZ]

somewhere WG strategists have seriously shoved their heads in the sand in not being consistent on what their target demographic is. If its teens, they have totally misjudged their demo.

In todays world where card strategy games with interesting complexity and diversity are the rage amongst teens, they want to over simplify to t1-t4 boring tanks that cant pen squat.

Todays teens attention span is miniscule, yet WG has deemed that battles for newbies be longer and even more ineffective in nerfed tanks that even veterans find boring as hell.

MMO players today want responsive devs, and yet WG consistently closes its ears to every constructive feedback players give it, and just bumble ahead.

Creighton_Abrams #63 Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 22048 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Completely F,,,,,. (messed) up my chances of fixing some of my lower tier Tank Rankings... doesn't WG look at BltizStarz ?

WG really should reset WniRates per release like this. or sites like BlitzStart should show WR post-release

BigBen22 #64 Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:04 AM

Private

• 1046 battles
  • [BLOKE]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 16 November 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Completely F,,,,,. (messed) up my chances of fixing some of my lower tier Tank Rankings... doesn't WG look at BltizStarz ?

WG really should reset WniRates per release like this. or sites like BlitzStart should show WR post-release

It would be good to have some reset, but aren't those completely independent sites (blitzstars,blitzhanger,...) who would need to recode a whole bunch to accommodate these pre/post changes?

are u suggesting a pre/post for each update? like a pre/post 5 and also a pre/post 5.1 , pre/post 5.5 filters? might be way overkill

doutei_magic #65 Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:35 PM

Corporal

• 69 battles
  • [HBC]
Just don't release another update. Please stop ruining the game. Kindly take the knife you guys keep sticking in my back away. Cheers. 

Edited by doutei_magic, 17 November 2018 - 12:36 PM.

__Noobieman #66 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:28 AM

Sergeant

• 9804 battles
  • [AVSW]

Do collectable tanks have the same credit earning value as premium (gold) tanks.

If not then why no compensation for my premiums that have become mere collectables ? 

BossArdnutz #67 Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:26 AM

Corporal

• 3626 battles
  • [DERPU]

An earlier comment by RibbleStripe said that the credit coefficients haven't changed. So a tank that used to be premium should still earn like a premium, even though it's blue instead of gold now. Tanks that used to be tech tree tanks should still only earn like a tech tree tank, even though they've gone from silver to blue.

Anyone noticed anything different? It does seem to me that my Covenanter earns better than it used to (maybe I'm just playing better, though I still can't seem to get the WR above 47%).

TnkCmndrToo #68 Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

Sergeant

• 4607 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 18 November 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

An earlier comment by RibbleStripe said that the credit coefficients haven't changed. So a tank that used to be premium should still earn like a premium, even though it's blue instead of gold now. Tanks that used to be tech tree tanks should still only earn like a tech tree tank, even though they've gone from silver to blue.

Anyone noticed anything different? It does seem to me that my Covenanter earns better than it used to (maybe I'm just playing better, though I still can't seem to get the WR above 47%).

What with the clip reload going from 6 to 11 seconds, I'm not surprised your win rate's gone... :( I'm going to keep it just in case WG buffs it back up and sells it. It's only 100 gold anyway.

RibbleStripe #69 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:13 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Post__Noobieman, on 18 November 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

Do collectable tanks have the same credit earning value as premium (gold) tanks.

If not then why no compensation for my premiums that have become mere collectables ? 

Credit coefficients were saved as in 5.4 update. If tank had higher earning it remained the same.

thaiger21 #70 Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 34774 battles
  • [MMI]

Dear Mr Ribblestripe.

First off, thanks for trying to answer everyones questions, tough job.

Sadly, having said that I got one more for you.

Since the recent upgrade all I get are Supremacy missions and I have opted out of Supremacy mode. I find it artificial and pointless. Could you please pass on to the devs that a lot of people play to complete the missions as a bit of a specific challenge and having supremacy missions stuffed down our throats decreases the amount I play.

Unless WG has an ulterior motive I find no reason why Supremacy missions cannot be blocked if you have opted out of Supremacy mode.

Thanks

qasibro45 #71 Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

Private

• 18090 battles
  • [WQB]
Hey i got the A-32 when it was a premium and sold it(accidently) when it was still a premium .Can i restore it now ,it has been converted into a collector tank??

TnkCmndrToo #72 Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:38 PM

Sergeant

• 4607 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View Postqasibro45, on 23 November 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

Hey i got the A-32 when it was a premium and sold it(accidently) when it was still a premium .Can i restore it now ,it has been converted into a collector tank??

I think WG give you a limited number of refunds (you have to pay credits) per year. I wonder what Mr. RibbleStripe has to say on the matter, as I am curious about this too...

phzabala #73 Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:18 AM

Private

• 2083 battles
  • [DUCK]
Hi admin
I purchased from the shop in the website. 
-already received email @wargaming.net 
-i am really new here. I think i need your help. 
-am playing world of tanks in my android phone

RibbleStripe #74 Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postthaiger21, on 22 November 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

Dear Mr Ribblestripe.

First off, thanks for trying to answer everyones questions, tough job.

Sadly, having said that I got one more for you.

Since the recent upgrade all I get are Supremacy missions and I have opted out of Supremacy mode. I find it artificial and pointless. Could you please pass on to the devs that a lot of people play to complete the missions as a bit of a specific challenge and having supremacy missions stuffed down our throats decreases the amount I play.

Unless WG has an ulterior motive I find no reason why Supremacy missions cannot be blocked if you have opted out of Supremacy mode.

Thanks

Daily quests mechanics are not linked to game mode you switch on or off. This is why you can get supremacy missions even not playing this mode. It might be changed but we don't plan it for near future.

View Postqasibro45, on 23 November 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

You can restore it but only for gold.

RibbleStripe #75 Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postphzabala, on 27 November 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

Hi admin

Hello! So, what's the question?

TnkCmndrToo #76 Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:52 PM

Sergeant

• 4607 battles
  • [DYN-T]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 27 November 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Hello! So, what's the question?

I think he’s looking for gameplay advice. I’ll take this one...

View Postphzabala, on 27 November 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

Hi admin

Check out Bushka on Blitz on YouTube. He has good videos on how to play.

Selwyn_parker #77 Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:23 PM

Private

• 15962 battles
  • [KIWI1]

View Post1fsfsf, on 25 October 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

To the moderator/developer/Wargaming

This update won’t help any newcomers but seriously angered the old players

First, these changes won’t change how newcomers perform in battle. If you remove the tanks above , they will stay in low tier shorter 

and eventually get into high tiers and be very painful in it as their skills haven’t improved. How would this update call to be helping

newcomers ?! No idea what you are doing. You ought to improve the tutorial . You ought to teach new comers how to survive in battle how sidescraping work , and how to drive each vehicle and how to encounter them. Currently there are no actual tutorial in game for newcomers. Even for experienced player, playing a new tank will need time to feel how to drive it , so do the new players and they need more help.

Second, it is completely a nonsense to move premium vehicles as well as current tech tree vehicle to collector vehicle.

1.Unfair for old player who researched those tanks but being no longer available to buy them in update 5.5 without any compensation 

2.Unfair for newcomers coming in update 5.5, that they can’t even have chance to get the tank that will be remove 

3.Removing optional vehicle (KV-13,Churchill GC,T21 etc).Player can choose whether to try those tanks but it is not a must to play them.

4.Removing current tier 1 vehicle, some them are good tanks which is an enjoyable experience in driving them . No idea why you would like to do this.

5.new tech tree don’t make any sense logically (stug iii G >Nashorn ?) doesn’t make any sense in tank design and play style and look

6.Removing pretty good vehicle (Luchs,PZ iii/iv,ke-ni) Both newcomers and experienced player enjoyed them

7.Historically inaccurate >China had never ever use lt.vz 38 ,only gun on the T18 historically is 75mm howitzer which is no longer available after this update.

Finally, I hope you understand that your customer is most important for this game . You ought to understand their concerns and suggestion before making any big changes . You can do a survey to find suggestion from players whether agree to your current plan

i can’t find any benefit to your game and company in the changes you mentioned.Please abandoned this plan to the changes before it is too late

Thank you

Selwyn_parker #78 Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

Private

• 15962 battles
  • [KIWI1]

With respect, I disagree. I think the changes to help new players are long over due. Experienced players went seal clubbing in tiers 2 to 4 to improve win rate. And at new players expense.

I believe in fair play, and I expect the changes will help even out the battle field in many ways. 

I did not like that I lost all much equipment on many tanks and had to reinstall same. I lost around 1 million credits doing ammo and equipment reinstalls.

Rated Battles:

I live in New Zealand and want to (retry) play Rated battles in hope it has a much improved match maker. However, The time zone for NZ and Aussie does not work for Rated battles so sad, I have still not played the remodelled Rated battles.

Has Rated match maker improved the experience?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users