Update 5.5

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Changes to Low-Tier Vehicles

We continue to work with newcomers and, following the gradual unlocking of content and introduction of mixed-type battles and ribbons, we plan to rework Tier I–VII vehicles. In the upcoming Update 5.5, researching vehicles in the Tech Tree will become much easier, unnecessary modules will be removed, and some vehicles will be given Collector vehicle status.

Full news text

New Camouflages

Four new rare warpaints will be introduced with Update 5.5.

Full news text

Three German Giants

In Update 5.5, we'll put the German heavy vehicles' Tech Tree in order and replenish it with three Tier VIII-X tanks. A new Tier X tank VK 72.01 (K) with rear placement of the turret will take the place of the Maus and become a logical continuation of the VK 45.02 B, which has a similar configuration. Meanwhile, the Maus will head a new branch consisting of its previous projects: the VK 100.01 (P) and Mäuschen.

Full news text

Update 5.5

Commanders, get ready to meet the new update on November 13! In Update 5.5, we added new German vehicles and camouflages, increased profitability in rating battles, and preserved the Wasteland map in regular battles. We also reworked more than 60 vehicles and improved the gameplay of low-tier vehicles.

Full news text

Ronnel_999 #2 Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

Sergeant

• 21847 battles
  • [BOOM2]
Hi Admin,

Will it be possible to sell other premium tanks like the Excelsior, AT15A, etc? I was hoping that I could sell some anemic premiums during the update...
Thanks!

doutei_magic #3 Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:33 AM

Corporal

• 69 battles
  • [HBC]
Wow!! Looking forward to these changes!!! NOT!

Noobieman #4 Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21769 battles
  • [AVSW]

what about the camo on all the tanks lost, especially tier 1 ???

any chance to store camo to be reused on same tier ?

Ronnel_999 #5 Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:21 AM

Sergeant

• 21847 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostNoobieman, on 25 October 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Yes you are right. I have also used gold (cash) in some low tier camo. I hope we get compensated for them.

1fsfsf #6 Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

Private

• 9844 battles
  • [OCEAN]

To the moderator/developer/Wargaming

This update won’t help any newcomers but seriously angered the old players

First, these changes won’t change how newcomers perform in battle. If you remove the tanks above , they will stay in low tier shorter 

and eventually get into high tiers and be very painful in it as their skills haven’t improved. How would this update call to be helping

newcomers ?! No idea what you are doing. You ought to improve the tutorial . You ought to teach new comers how to survive in battle how sidescraping work , and how to drive each vehicle and how to encounter them. Currently there are no actual tutorial in game for newcomers. Even for experienced player, playing a new tank will need time to feel how to drive it , so do the new players and they need more help.

Second, it is completely a nonsense to move premium vehicles as well as current tech tree vehicle to collector vehicle.

1.Unfair for old player who researched those tanks but being no longer available to buy them in update 5.5 without any compensation 

2.Unfair for newcomers coming in update 5.5, that they can’t even have chance to get the tank that will be remove 

3.Removing optional vehicle (KV-13,Churchill GC,T21 etc).Player can choose whether to try those tanks but it is not a must to play them.

4.Removing current tier 1 vehicle, some them are good tanks which is an enjoyable experience in driving them . No idea why you would like to do this.

5.new tech tree don’t make any sense logically (stug iii G >Nashorn ?) doesn’t make any sense in tank design and play style and look

6.Removing pretty good vehicle (Luchs,PZ iii/iv,ke-ni) Both newcomers and experienced player enjoyed them

7.Historically inaccurate >China had never ever use lt.vz 38 ,only gun on the T18 historically is 75mm howitzer which is no longer available after this update.

Finally, I hope you understand that your customer is most important for this game . You ought to understand their concerns and suggestion before making any big changes . You can do a survey to find suggestion from players whether agree to your current plan

i can’t find any benefit to your game and company in the changes you mentioned.Please abandoned this plan to the changes before it is too late

Thank you

thaiger21 #7 Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 33899 battles
  • [MMI]

And dont forget about the two days ios users will be locked out while apple decides if it is ok.

This is ridiculess.

20Pho7 #8 Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Corporal

• 15290 battles
  • [ASFOW]
What's the point in putting this in forums if you won't listen to us? WE DO NOT WANT THESE CHANGES. I don't want to be bribed with your gold. We aren't the Russian Police. Listen to us as your customers. NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS! Games like PUBGM are doing well because they are adding favourable changes that benefit the people. Not events that we have to pay money to finish if we have a life. Not these unnecessary tech tree changes that no one wanted. LISTEN TO YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS! I paid $70 in this game to have a good time. You're ruining your game? Next minute you'll add some tank that has no flaws with the dpm of a SU-122-54 yet the mobility of a Drac and the armour of a Maus that also shoots lasers in all directions with special ammorack tracker specially designed to ruin ammoracks (T-49A cough cough)

EH_Samarth #9 Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:44 PM

Corporal

• 20254 battles
  • [-SQ-]

View Post1fsfsf, on 25 October 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

To the moderator/developer/Wargaming

This update won’t help any newcomers but seriously angered the old players

First, these changes won’t change how newcomers perform in battle. If you remove the tanks above , they will stay in low tier shorter 

and eventually get into high tiers and be very painful in it as their skills haven’t improved. How would this update call to be helping

newcomers ?! No idea what you are doing. You ought to improve the tutorial . You ought to teach new comers how to survive in battle how sidescraping work , and how to drive each vehicle and how to encounter them. Currently there are no actual tutorial in game for newcomers. Even for experienced player, playing a new tank will need time to feel how to drive it , so do the new players and they need more help.

Second, it is completely a nonsense to move premium vehicles as well as current tech tree vehicle to collector vehicle.

1.Unfair for old player who researched those tanks but being no longer available to buy them in update 5.5 without any compensation 

2.Unfair for newcomers coming in update 5.5, that they can’t even have chance to get the tank that will be remove 

3.Removing optional vehicle (KV-13,Churchill GC,T21 etc).Player can choose whether to try those tanks but it is not a must to play them.

4.Removing current tier 1 vehicle, some them are good tanks which is an enjoyable experience in driving them . No idea why you would like to do this.

5.new tech tree don’t make any sense logically (stug iii G >Nashorn ?) doesn’t make any sense in tank design and play style and look

6.Removing pretty good vehicle (Luchs,PZ iii/iv,ke-ni) Both newcomers and experienced player enjoyed them

7.Historically inaccurate >China had never ever use lt.vz 38 ,only gun on the T18 historically is 75mm howitzer which is no longer available after this update.

Finally, I hope you understand that your customer is most important for this game . You ought to understand their concerns and suggestion before making any big changes . You can do a survey to find suggestion from players whether agree to your current plan

i can’t find any benefit to your game and company in the changes you mentioned.Please abandoned this plan to the changes before it is too late

Thank you

While some of the points you said have some valid stuff in them there are a few I think which aren't correct. 

2. The new changes are here so that newer players can have an easier time grinding ,in addition to newer players playing with bots until they surpass 5k games , these changes ensure that seal clubbers don't use super OP combinations in lower tiers of tanks which have derp guns etc . While the newer players may miss out on the tanks at least these changes makes sure they won't leave the game due to being experienced players farming lower tiers 

3.  They are compensating you with gold for those tanks and some of the tanks being removed like the churchill gun carrier can confuse newer players regarding which line to take , the new changes make it simpler and also that tank is a horrible tank which really should be removed . You get 1500 gold if you sell your KV-13 after the update which I think is more than enough compensation . 

4. Why are you even playing t1 tanks for fun ? The game is meant to be played at the higher tiers for experienced players , t1 tanks barely matter at all . Heck they have practically no influence and the game play at t1 is horrible with barely anyone knowing what is happening or how to control their vehicles . That tier is meant for new players not for experienced ones 

7. It's a game and the addition of fantasy tanks along with the fact that a lot of the tanks in the game are not even actual tanks but rather prototypes is further proof of that . There is no need for this game to be historically accurate all the time , it features some of these tanks but not all and that's fine . Since this is a game not a tank history lesson . 

EH_Samarth #10 Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:48 PM

Corporal

• 20254 battles
  • [-SQ-]

View Post20Pho7, on 25 October 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

What's the point in putting this in forums if you won't listen to us? WE DO NOT WANT THESE CHANGES. I don't want to be bribed with your gold. We aren't the Russian Police. Listen to us as your customers. NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS! Games like PUBGM are doing well because they are adding favourable changes that benefit the people. Not events that we have to pay money to finish if we have a life. Not these unnecessary tech tree changes that no one wanted. LISTEN TO YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS! I paid $70 in this game to have a good time. You're ruining your game? Next minute you'll add some tank that has no flaws with the dpm of a SU-122-54 yet the mobility of a Drac and the armour of a Maus that also shoots lasers in all directions with special ammorack tracker specially designed to ruin ammoracks (T-49A cough cough)

While quite a few people don't want these new changes , their are some people including my self that welcome these changes . The lower tiers are designed for newer players and hence it should be able to help them as efficiently as possible .The higher tiers (7+) are where all the experienced players should be as these tiers require basic skills to be able to effectively use a tank . This change benefits people  , it gives those with the tank gold if they sell it for free which is quite rare  in blitz . Also it helps newer players , they don't have the complex current lines we have now . They get more simple choices to make and also this stops people seal clubbing tanks with derp guns in addition to the new bot rule for newer players . 

doutei_magic #11 Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:30 PM

Corporal

• 69 battles
  • [HBC]

View PostEH_Samarth, on 25 October 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

While quite a few people don't want these new changes , their are some people including my self that welcome these changes . The lower tiers are designed for newer players and hence it should be able to help them as efficiently as possible .The higher tiers (7+) are where all the experienced players should be as these tiers require basic skills to be able to effectively use a tank . This change benefits people  , it gives those with the tank gold if they sell it for free which is quite rare  in blitz . Also it helps newer players , they don't have the complex current lines we have now . They get more simple choices to make and also this stops people seal clubbing tanks with derp guns in addition to the new bot rule for newer players . 

that’s not really the point. 

Things to consider:

camo bought for our existing tank collection? Some of us spent gold on our collection even on Low tier tanks we don’t play. Pink ke ni b, Gup ha go, cute luchs etc...

premium bundles were all wasted which in turn puts off even more players

nothing is off limits now.

Even your high tier premiums are subject to change which leads to less revenue and less players

this is just a vicious cycle. 

Basic skills? I don’t think so. Have u not noticed the decline in skill level even at the higher tiers with each silly update? 

What about the spare parts we invested in? And the credits etc all the past efforts? 

spare parts, rare premium bundles, camo, modules, exp, garage slots, time and money.. and we get some gold in exchange?

Not a fair deal. The list goes on.. more silly updates... more players leave... replaced by bots and newcomers... rinse and repeat. 

We have already taken away the +2mm, platoon mm, skill mm, rating mm etc..

the game just gets dumbed down more and more. This is the only game where avid customers keep giving feedback, but get stabbed in the back over and over.

now all we hope and pray is that they just stop messing up the game more with each update. 

Bottom line is this; ask yourself, do you trust their next “rare promotional bundle?

What do you think consumer confidence is at this point?

I have many friends that would have snapped up some of the recent bundles in a heartbeat. 

With the situation as it is, no one wants to even invest in the smallest bundle. 

Edited by doutei_magic, 25 October 2018 - 05:47 PM.

Neb10k #12 Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:03 AM

Captain

• 56918 battles
  • [KR0N0]

Consumer confidence - those arethe right words to bring in to the conversation.

At the moment - less than zero.

3.8 all over again.

Edited by Neb10k, 28 October 2018 - 02:04 AM.

Noobieman #13 Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21769 battles
  • [AVSW]

not to mention the latest 10% "open a box" bait in the hope of getting a rare tier VII tank

not a smart move

RibbleStripe #14 Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:37 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostRonnel_999, on 25 October 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hi Admin,

Will it be possible to sell other premium tanks like the Excelsior, AT15A, etc? I was hoping that I could sell some anemic premiums during the update...
Thanks!

Nope - those tanks are not becoming collectible.

View PostNoobieman, on 25 October 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Camo for current tier 1 tanks will be compensated. 

__Grifter__ #15 Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:44 AM

Corporal

• 1593 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostEH_Samarth, on 25 October 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

But we all know that tier 7 is where all the new players are after they have spent money. Tier 7 upwards is not where all the experienced players are unfortunately and this will not change with these changes.

Simplifying the tech tree, not sure how that will go so am undecided on it but also doubt it will make much difference. They will just have fewer lower tier tanks to consider buying and thus be pushed faster up the tiers with less choices to make. 

Do you really think this will stop sealclubbers? A seal clubber will always be able to seal club. Sure, take away derp guns that make it easier for them but a better player will always be a better player than new players no matter what the tank. Seal clubbers will just quickly find what is now the best tank in said tier and platoon with two of those instead. WG are simply just moving the furniture around - shifting the order of power in the lower tiers. 

Plus, lets not forget that many of the popular seal clubbing tanks are not being removed totally, players that own them will still keep them just as collector tanks. Unless they severely nerf these collector tanks, they will still be used for sealclubbing. DW2 for instance is still an OP tank even if you take away its top gun. AMX 40 will still dominate unless you take away its armor, T46 has a couple of good guns - so which do you remove? Imagine being a new player and seeing these tanks not in your tech tree that are running around clubbing you? At least before you could see these tanks and think, wow, i am going to get that tank next - its a beast. Now, you will be getting clubbed by a tank you cannot even get. Unless of course, as i say, they completely destroy them in every respect stats wise and make them worthless.

I would suggest that WG did something like preventing platoons to be able to play in tier 1 - 4, this would at least stop the seal clubbing platoons and force seal clubbers to play alone when clubbing. 

The only way to better prepare new players for when they inevitably meet seal clubbers no matter what WG does, is to better educate them. They have still not addressed a poor tutorial that does nothing but show a player how to move, aim, and shoot. They have not yet implemented any kind of structured tutorial that takes players through other stuff that is considered basic to most experienced yet would not be known about by a new player.

How many times even at high tiers do you not see players hiding their sides and rear? Shooting over their [edited] at an oppo directly behind them? Those same players then park themselves in front of an AT and fire their autocannon wondering why they are not penning? or those that are getting 6 damage per shot firing HE instead of AP? 

Why do so many players say 'cap the base' at the start of battles? Then go sit there while the rest of their team dies to then be faced with 6 reds knowing exactly where they are? The answer to all those questions is that they simply do not know and have not been taught it sufficiently by WG. A structured tutorial over the first 100 or even 500 battles that teaches players everything from the very basics right up to more advanced stuff like sidescraping, hulldown, angling, COD and the rest would give them far better knowledge even they were not able to master them straight away.

Maybe award the player 10-50 gold for completing each stage of a tutorial that becomes available after a certain amount of battles or when a certain vehicle has been unlocked that is relevant to a particular skill. Unlock a fast Light tank and show them about scouting or COD, unlock a TD and teach them about sniping, explain the ideal roles of each tank. Unlock a HT and show them a bit about angling or sidescraping. 

What have they done so far? Well, you can see my post here: http://forum.wotblit...4-wotb-is-dead/

You touched on bots making it easier for new players but as you can see int he post above from the test I done, It still does nothing to educate players - just makes it far too easy for them to win in their first 100 battles before they eventually get into the normal MM queue and get their [edited] handed to them. 

YulieMoon #16 Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:04 AM

Private

• 4303 battles
  • [0AHS0]

Admin, when will the update 5.5?, is it after 12 November or before 12 November for Asia server WOTB?

IGNORE_MY_WINRATE #17 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:01 AM

Corporal

• 8194 battles
  • [SUB40]
Listen guys, as much as these changes kinda suck and it's pretty obvious that the Drac and Helsing were re-released to sugar-coat them a bit, we need to support WG on this. Some of the changes are actually quite clever in that they move more experienced players out of lower tiers. We can all still keep our favorite sealclubbers (i know my AMX 40 will be occupying one of my garage spaces until the end of time). This update has solved A-20 spam and DW-2/AMX 40/pz b2/pz S35 sealclubbers will be fewer and further between. This may cause confusion for newer players in-game who see these collectable tanks but cannot purchase them. Overall, I think our impulse reaction to hate this update is wrong. A lot of good will come of these changes even though I will miss those tanks I can no longer have in my garage.

fjvhk #18 Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:22 AM

Sergeant

• 29083 battles
  • [ARMD]

Part of the 5.5 intent is to make lower tier tanks last longer by removing the higher dpm guns, seems to me that will just make the seal clubbers harder to kill as well. Experienced players will still have the advantage of map knowledge, angling, spotting mechanics and tactics.

The strategy will change from doing damage quickly to surviving and nibbling down the opposition. Sort of ironically DEVOlving from "blitz" back to trench warfare, wottw?

__Noobieman #19 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

Corporal

• 8984 battles
  • [AVSW]

View PostIGNORE_MY_WINRATE, on 06 November 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Listen guys, as much as these changes kinda suck and it's pretty obvious that the Drac and Helsing were re-released to sugar-coat them a bit, we need to support WG on this. Some of the changes are actually quite clever in that they move more experienced players out of lower tiers. We can all still keep our favorite sealclubbers (i know my AMX 40 will be occupying one of my garage spaces until the end of time). This update has solved A-20 spam and DW-2/AMX 40/pz b2/pz S35 sealclubbers will be fewer and further between. This may cause confusion for newer players in-game who see these collectable tanks but cannot purchase them. Overall, I think our impulse reaction to hate this update is wrong. A lot of good will come of these changes even though I will miss those tanks I can no longer have in my garage.

sorry but I disagree, the gap of skill will still be there between experienced and noobs and this is just a softener for recent players e.g. they will live two or three hits longer than normal :)

__Grifter__ #20 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:56 PM

Corporal

• 1593 battles
  • [BOOM2]

If you think sealclubbers only win because of the tanks they are driving, you are sorely mistaken. No matter whether you take away the bigger guns or nerf well-known seal clubbing tanks to bits, good experienced players will still be far better at the game compared to new players. This will not discourage them at all as they will just move to a new tank. They will now just determine which are the new 'better' tanks in the tiers and use those instead and still wipe the floor of the oppo on most occasions.

There is no way to stop them other than physically stopping players of a certain experience/WR level from being able to play low tiers at all. Either that or making low tier battles for certain experience levels/WR of players have zero effect on their stats so that it becomes pointless going there. We all know neither will happen.

Making new players better at the game so that they are more prepared and able to deal with sealclubbers is the better way forward but despite players calling for better tutorials and educational material, not much has happened in that regard.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users