I basically suck at the game. Especially TD's

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

akipUN7030 #1 Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:28 AM

Private

• 2993 battles

any advise for a nub like myself. Not good at games as a matter of fact, but this is the one game I love and want to get better at.

yes I do preform very well when I'm in a map I'm used to but in a map I hate or not used to, I have to rely on tactics, which you know... Nub = no basic knowledge on tactics for which vehicle I'm driving

(getting better at driving mediums though)

i should've learned how to drive a TD already, I'm at tier 8... Help, please

Edited by akipUN7030, 14 October 2018 - 02:31 AM.

azithro2 #2 Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:54 AM

Corporal

• 471 battles
  • [BGN]

You're not that bad actually. If you had not insisted on the Jadpanther and the Stug, your WR would be much better. I kind of did the same mistake with the Jadpanther on another account, and

it did cost me a few percent! Also, I did not like some maps, until I found my favourite spot and tactical gameplay on specific maps. This game is a lot about experience.

And high WR only come from either being fully dedicated and/or really being after best WR and using all tricks. Which may be challenge and fun for some, but certainly not for all.

Maybe you should not insist on "cursed tanks" in the future... and go slow on Tier 8 too, it's another universe and more punishing. Both skill wise and with Karma ;)

Watching Youtubes is only partially helpful, since replays make it all look a bit distorted versus daily reality of average and/or even better players.

The new matchmaker will put you in games with players with players of "about equal" numbers of games. Might make life a bit easier - or not, we'll see.

Cheers!

Diamond114 #3 Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:34 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View PostakipUN7030, on 14 October 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

any advise for a nub like myself. Not good at games as a matter of fact, but this is the one game I love and want to get better at.

yes I do preform very well when I'm in a map I'm used to but in a map I hate or not used to, I have to rely on tactics, which you know... Nub = no basic knowledge on tactics for which vehicle I'm driving

Most TDs are designed to deal damage from a distance, which is why they have the best camo rating other than light tanks when stationary and the heaviest punch outside of heavy tanks. For starters, put as much distance between yourself and the enemy, let the rest of the team move up and spot, and just soften up anything they spot that you can shoot and occasionally smack someone about to flank your team's position if you have the shot. You might have some players call you nub or camper; you can ignore them when driving most TDs as they are not fit for frontline roles unless played carefully, particularly the Nashorn line, Hellcat, Alecto, etc due to the lower health pool, thinner armor and general inability of TDs to point their guns anywhere but the hull front.

The TDs exempted from the camper class IMO is the AT series from the British tech tree, Ferdinand from the German tech tree, and T28 Prototype/ T28/ T95 from the US tech tree. The reason being that these machines usually have thick armor, slow speed and mobility on anything mentioned above that isn't the Ferdinand, and lower camo value than average for TDs. These guys needs to be played as a battering ram, ideally with friendlies backing you up.

There are some TDs that can be played as an ersatz heavy/ medium tank, i.e; T30, Jackson, but these needed to be play carefully, and  since most of them are generally exclusive to US tech tree they like it best when played from a hull down position.

When engaging tanks closing in on you, do NOT rely entirely on the auto-adjust for hull traverse; learn to predict where your sights will be if you move the hull yourself a certain amount of angle to the direction of travel for the target, and traverse the hull yourself accordingly ahead of time. This way your gun has a chance to aim before the target crosses your sight and this should be more reliable in hitting your target.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #4 Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:38 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]
Another good idea is to position yourself in areas where you will not be easily circled/ flanked. Corners of maps, city blocks, buildings, or impassable hill/ terrain, etc. Maintain situational awareness and react immediately to anyone you perceive is about to flank you from the sides or rear at close range.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

jzmalexander #5 Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:00 AM

Sergeant

• 14207 battles
  • [JD]
If you're at tier 8 and finding it quite hard to play, maybe go back a few tiers to tier 5 or 6. Tier 8 is a super competitive tier, especially with the premiums and light tanks (RU251 and T49). Tier 6 is much easier for practicing stuff that will be used in higher tiers, like camping, spotting, sniping. There are fewer "pros" in tier 5-6 than tier 8, so you won't get reported as much of you do something dumb. Just dont get derped by KV-2... :)

XF1_Razer #6 Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

Sergeant

• 12617 battles
  • [DARTH]

How can you still love the game? WG has turned the whole thing trash for good players. 

Let me give you a list;

- general rigging;

- ghost shots

- supposedly impossible dispersion 

- simply disgusting RNG

- large bout of idiots

- apparent inability to incapacitate trolls

- useless matchmaker system

- nerfing of perfectly fine tanks

- removing of fine features 

- adding [edited]features 

- making the game only playable by pay2win people

- making the game terrible for those who don’t pay

- lucky drop chances that don’t actually exist

- downbringing of good players 

- upbringing of rētarded pay2win and trolls

- introduction of plainly broken tanks 

- seriously and generally... stupid ideas

- quite similar to a few earlier - disadvantaging certain players 

- banning good players for jackshit

JUST TO NAME A FEW (approximately 0.6%)

TO ALL GOOD PLAYERS (LAST 60 DAYS) WARGAMING DOES NOT WANT US ANYMORE. PLEASE KINDLY DO AS THEY SAY AND LEAVE THE GAME SO IDIOTS AND TROLLS CAN HAVE IT.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION AFTER BULLSHITTING THE HELL OUT OF YOU FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS. 

I’LL VERY KINDLY GO BACK TO WORLD OF WARSHIPS PC SO THAT YOU MAY SCREW ME UP THERE ASWELL. 

Thank you. ありがと。谢谢。 Dank. TRY NOT TO BULLY ME FOR SPEAKING BOTH JAPANESE AND GERMAN WG, I ALSO SPEAK ENGLISH AND CHINESE... 

your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

XF1_Razer #7 Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

Sergeant

• 12617 battles
  • [DARTH]

OH AND DIAMOND IM PRETTY SURE IM STILL YOUR FRIEND SO... I KNOW YOU’RE GOOD... PLEASE DON’T BULLY ME AND START RANTING ABOUT MY RECENT BEHAVIOUR ON FORUMS... :) You can stay cause WG has a crush on you and doesn’t annoy you ;) . I’m sure you also can play a lot better than I can... so yeah.

LISTEN UP;

TIPS FOR TANK DESTROYERS;

MY AVERAGE DAMAGE IS ONLY 3000 OR SOME SHIT FOR 60 DAYS;

- use concealment 

- take advantage of location

- use scouts to your advantage

- unless the TD you drive has armour, don’t charge in like a meathead

- some TDs can take shots... so if you don’t mind, try to risk a few to help your team

Pretty sure the given tactics are basic to everyone so...

You’ll learn eventually 

Diamond114 #8 Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:09 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View PostXF1_Razer, on 15 October 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

OH AND DIAMOND IM PRETTY SURE IM STILL YOUR FRIEND SO... I KNOW YOU’RE GOOD... PLEASE DON’T BULLY ME AND START RANTING ABOUT MY RECENT BEHAVIOUR ON FORUMS... :) You can stay cause WG has a crush on you and doesn’t annoy you ;) . I’m sure you also can play a lot better than I can... so yeah.

LISTEN UP;

TIPS FOR TANK DESTROYERS;

MY AVERAGE DAMAGE IS ONLY 3000 OR SOME SHIT FOR 60 DAYS;

- use concealment 

- take advantage of location

- use scouts to your advantage

- unless the TD you drive has armour, don’t charge in like a meathead

- some TDs can take shots... so if you don’t mind, try to risk a few to help your team

Pretty sure the given tactics are basic to everyone so...

You’ll learn eventually 

Top tips: I've been playing way less as well. Blame real life and my other hobbies. 

Also the MM does degrade past 5.4, I'm considering to not retain that minimum 50% WR requirement on each tank I've played anymore and just play for fun irregardless of result. So don't be surprised if one of these days my WR and/ or WN8 took a nosedive.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #9 Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 295 battles
  • [TDAF]
TD's aren't my favorite class but the Stug is by far my most favorite TD in game.   

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

XF1_Razer #10 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:29 AM

Sergeant

• 12617 battles
  • [DARTH]

View PostDiamond114, on 15 October 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Top tips: I've been playing way less as well. Blame real life and my other hobbies. 

Also the MM does degrade past 5.4, I'm considering to not retain that minimum 50% WR requirement on each tank I've played anymore and just play for fun irregardless of result. So don't be surprised if one of these days my WR and/ or WN8 took a nosedive.

NO... DONUT DO THAT. THAT IS BAD FOR HEALTH. 

XF1_Razer #11 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:31 AM

Sergeant

• 12617 battles
  • [DARTH]

View PostPANPAKAPAAAN2427, on 15 October 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

TD's aren't my favorite class but the Stug is by far my most favorite TD in game.   

PANPAKAPAAAN2427... I am getting very worried about the full version of your profile picture... I have seen many like that which when full, can safely be classified as hentai... not even ecchi... 

jzmalexander #12 Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:02 AM

Sergeant

• 14207 battles
  • [JD]

View PostXF1_Razer, on 16 October 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

PANPAKAPAAAN2427... I am getting very worried about the full version of your profile picture... I have seen many like that which when full, can safely be classified as hentai... not even ecchi... 

Lol go to his profle haha.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #13 Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 295 battles
  • [TDAF]
LoL This one isn't too bad. Very tame compared to other hentai images you can find. Want me to change it? 

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

akipUN7030 #14 Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:38 AM

Private

• 2993 battles

View PostXF1_Razer, on 15 October 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

How can you still love the game? WG has turned the whole thing trash for good players. 

Let me give you a list;

- general rigging;

- ghost shots

- supposedly impossible dispersion 

- simply disgusting RNG

- large bout of idiots

- apparent inability to incapacitate trolls

- useless matchmaker system

- nerfing of perfectly fine tanks

- removing of fine features 

- adding [edited]features 

- making the game only playable by pay2win people

- making the game terrible for those who don’t pay

- lucky drop chances that don’t actually exist

- downbringing of good players 

- upbringing of rētarded pay2win and trolls

- introduction of plainly broken tanks 

- seriously and generally... stupid ideas

- quite similar to a few earlier - disadvantaging certain players 

- banning good players for jackshit

JUST TO NAME A FEW (approximately 0.6%)

TO ALL GOOD PLAYERS (LAST 60 DAYS) WARGAMING DOES NOT WANT US ANYMORE. PLEASE KINDLY DO AS THEY SAY AND LEAVE THE GAME SO IDIOTS AND TROLLS CAN HAVE IT.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION AFTER BULLSHITTING THE HELL OUT OF YOU FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS. 

I’LL VERY KINDLY GO BACK TO WORLD OF WARSHIPS PC SO THAT YOU MAY SCREW ME UP THERE ASWELL. 

Thank you. ありがと。谢谢。 Dank. TRY NOT TO BULLY ME FOR SPEAKING BOTH JAPANESE AND GERMAN WG, I ALSO SPEAK ENGLISH AND CHINESE... 

Retarded halfwit players who doesn't spread out enough.... We are tanks, not a herd of small fish as I say. Can't disagree with you with your post. Haven't had any issues with ghost shots..... Yet

i love fantasy tanks because they generally look interesting. But ever since they started doing that, the game always get raided with cancerous fantasy tanks whenever they release a couple of them.

yes, wot blitz was way better back then.

Diamond114 #15 Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View PostXF1_Razer, on 16 October 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

NO... DONUT DO THAT. THAT IS BAD FOR HEALTH. 

News Flash: I'm still winning most of my fights. I still haven't shook that "play to win" mindset.

IDONTCARE_2 #16 Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• 20339 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostakipUN7030, on 14 October 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

1 thing to keep in mind is to try to use a hard cover(rocks,buildings etc.) when you really need to go close-mid range in a TD. Once you fire, pull back and angle the front when the cover protects your side. That way gives you bounces that your armor normally would be penetrated. (TDs with slanted front is best for this like Jpanther, Obj704, Foch etc. and of course paper TDs cannot do that cause they are, well... paper)

Tanks that are my babes: T-54  (Mr.GoodInEverything), Obj268, Mickey Maus, Bromwell, VK28, KV2, IS8, ISU152, LTTB, T54 LWT, Borsig, JP2, IS7

Tanks that I hate: FV215b 183 campers, Tanks driven by bots or poor players (especially below tier 5), AMX 1375 (1 of the worst tier 7 I have ever played), Chinese IS2 (Horrendous gun handling and useless armor)

Tanks that I am trying to ACE: VK100, Chinese IS2

XF1_Razer #17 Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:53 AM

Sergeant

• 12617 battles
  • [DARTH]

View PostPANPAKAPAAAN2427, on 16 October 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

LoL This one isn't too bad. Very tame compared to other hentai images you can find. Want me to change it? 

確かでわない。。。 Konachan?

Sorry if you don’t understand Japanese... I’m trying not to get banned. (It’s so useful being bilingual/trilingual)

ありがと。

Your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

Husni_Siregar #18 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:02 AM

Corporal

• 43011 battles
  • [AVID]
Razer: now ure unsportconduct
Hehehehe

Ronnel_999 #19 Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:40 PM

Sergeant

• 22799 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostXF1_Razer, on 01 November 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

確かでわない。。。 Konachan?

Sorry if you don’t understand Japanese... I’m trying not to get banned. (It’s so useful being bilingual/trilingual)

ありがと。

Your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

やっぱ PUB-ji やで、はははは!

I got tired of even thinking of what will happen after 5.5 to the point that I'll just go with whatever happens.
To be honest, I only stick around because of our clan. I log in daily to see if there is anything that I need to do for my Blitz clanmates then I go and parachute off a plane in hope to win some chicken dinner, lol!

It's so depressing to play a game only to be placed with AFKs, nubs, bad RNG, bad matchmaking, anemic pen, flat maps, buffs and nerfs, old tanks that have been powercrept, etc. so I moved on.
And if you search the web, it belongs to the top 10 most toxic game in mobile...

The only regret I have is seeing the prems that I bought which are just collecting dust now...

Please don't stress yourself and lets just go with the flow. There are lots of other AWESOME things to do in the web and this one is not worth your time :)

erwin10001 #20 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 39320 battles
  • [SEALZ]
haven't been playing much except some mad games. games has really taken a turn for the worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users