Update 5.5 Removed tanks removed

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Farlesquew #21 Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 30579 battles
  • [HAVOC]

View PostThe_Gaffer, on 24 October 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

... Thankfully, they haven’t taken that much from tier 5 but it’s probably a sign of things to come. Perhaps one day there will be single lines for each tank type in each nation’s tech tree, exactly 10 tanks per line, and the rest all premium tanks. 

Right on, Mark. The OP's list shows many truly classic tanks will be getting removed.

Re your '10 tanks per line' comment: reminds me of when a (top 8) university I taught at reduced all the humanities faculties to 10 subjects each, because (as I said in dripping sarcasm) 'decimalization just makes so much sense'. They then spun utter lies about having actually increased the number of choices that students had because they badged up a trash-can worth of new 'degrees' that students could learn. The standard Bachelor of Arts could now be purchased (yeah, too many courses are pretty much P2W) as degrees in Media, or Cultural Studies, or Women's Studies, or Legal Studies, or Macrame, etc. (yeah, not macrame, but you get the point). Less actual subjects (content), but more ways of branding the parlous results. 

So I don't see why WeeGee wouldn't feel totally free to hack and slaughter the number of tanks in the tree and call it 'more choice'? I.e., you can choose to sell the tanks for gold; and future newbies will no doubt eventually be able to buy them for real cash. There's two new choices at least. Way to go WeeGee... (their management and marketing people no doubt purchased their business degrees in similarly corporatised, formerly 'educational', institutions). 

/cynical-by-experience

Gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us.

krad55 #22 Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

I will happily sell all those tanks and play tier 10. Who cares about real tanks any more. Not WG anyway. They don't care about game quality too, if they accelerate beginner's progress so much.

At least it may spare me trying to figure out how is it even statistically possible to be bottom tier over 90% of the time.

FireRadical #23 Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

Sergeant

• 18856 battles
  • [R0GUE]

View PostAdmiralNam, on 21 October 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Complicated tech trees -> New players getting frustrated 

Simplified tech trees -> New players get excited for a while then get TOTALLY smacked in tier 8-10

I can't see a way out to this problem unless WG improve their tutorials. History or tanks lovers love the variety of tanks not just a few known tanks.

its all about the information. It does not seem to be going into their thick skulls. New players need information, not simplying the game by removing contents -.-'

View PostThe_Gaffer, on 23 October 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

Hi Farley. 

I know you, like me, enjoy tier 5 because it has so many iconic WWII tanks. I was browsing the NA forums again the other day and saw people saying the same thing, that tier 5 and tier 6 (to a lesser extent) are where the iconic WWII tanks are. Above that, it’s mostly Cold War era and beyond, plus the made up tanks and fantasy abominations. I didn’t realise how many players like the historical tanks. There are going to be several unhappy players. Thankfully, they haven’t taken that much from tier 5 but it’s probably a sign of things to come. Perhaps one day there will be single lines for each tank type in each nation’s tech tree, exactly 10 tanks per line, and the rest all premium tanks. 

And it’s not to ease new players into the game. That’s hogwash, just an excuse for whatever the real reason is. If you start a re-roll account you will be presented with a discounted Löwe special deal before you’ve played 50 battles. I got it with less than 20 played. You can’t argue that they want new players to learn when they’re pushing tier 8 tanks on them before they’ve even got warmed up.

Agree with you, they are still sticking to the pay-to-win way of the game. Like i said above, its information, they need to provide information for new players to better understand how the game works ._. They can continue to do all those marketing strat to get new players to buy as long as they understand how to use it. What they currently use would at most see a short term increase but not much change on the player base in the long run. It may also very well be a illusion brought to us to make the majority (except us educated people here) believe the rise is due to "increase" in player base and see it as justifiable wen its not ._. As for the part where theres a single line for each tank type, its pretty unrealistic unless wg truly intends to end the story of this game ._.

Good luck on the battlefield! May RNGesus be with you.

From your average mate,

FireRadical

The_Gaffer #24 Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostFarlesquew, on 24 October 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Right on, Mark. The OP's list shows many truly classic tanks will be getting removed.

Re your '10 tanks per line' comment: reminds me of when a (top 8) university I taught at reduced all the humanities faculties to 10 subjects each, because (as I said in dripping sarcasm) 'decimalization just makes so much sense'. They then spun utter lies about having actually increased the number of choices that students had because they badged up a trash-can worth of new 'degrees' that students could learn. The standard Bachelor of Arts could now be purchased (yeah, too many courses are pretty much P2W) as degrees in Media, or Cultural Studies, or Women's Studies, or Legal Studies, or Macrame, etc. (yeah, not macrame, but you get the point). Less actual subjects (content), but more ways of branding the parlous results. 

So I don't see why WeeGee wouldn't feel totally free to hack and slaughter the number of tanks in the tree and call it 'more choice'? I.e., you can choose to sell the tanks for gold; and future newbies will no doubt eventually be able to buy them for real cash. There's two new choices at least. Way to go WeeGee... (their management and marketing people no doubt purchased their business degrees in similarly corporatised, formerly 'educational', institutions). 

/cynical-by-experience

Tonight I exhausted my interest in Blitz. While matching my platoon mate’s tank selection for what was supposed to be farming in Mad Games, I ended up playing my Dracula in a regular battle. I don’t think fantasy tanks belong in regular battles, as you know. It’s just the final straw in a lingering series of disappointments. I have been focusing on other games for a while now but logged in to Blitz regularly still, out of habit, and Mad Games drew me back to farm as it does not affect stats. 

Maybe I will give Warships another go one day and see you there. :)

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

911928300 #25 Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:09 AM

Private

• 4640 battles
  • [JARMY]
Forgot to buy my MS-1 back before the update oof

KingTigerThomas318 #26 Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:17 AM

Private

• 21527 battles
  • [BOOM1]

Hey guys, If you like to play the removed tanks (Like T49-A) , modules (Like 105 mm derp gun on Hetzer) and more, I got a brilliant idea how to bring them back but without effecting the original purpose of removing a bunch of tech tree tanks and modules. (which was to make it easier for new players to play and balancing the game)

Has anyone ever missed the old modules or tanks that were removed during update 5.5, like the 105 mm derp gun on a panther, the FT Renault, and more ?

Well I did figured out an great and balanced idea how to bring them back into the game but without making unbalanced. (I want to point out that I figured the idea when I was in the toilet XD) How about we have "Training Room Only Vehicle/Module", these removed modules on existing tanks and vehicles can only be used in training room, since you don't need to do too much balancing in the training room like 7 KV-2 VS a single Maus.

Well I now want to get to the details about it:

First: for "Training Room Vehicles", just basically bring back all the removed tier 1, like MS-1 and FT Renault, since the realistic battle came out, there are some tanks that are not allowed to be used since they are not realistic, so why don't do the same with these 'Babies', only allow them to be used in training room. I recommend the way to obtain these tanks are either by a special event (For tanks like Mark 1* and T49 A) or just for free in the tech tree. (Well you have to use credits for it's ammo and it's equipment)

Second: for "Training Room Modules", all vehicles that once had a module but was removed in update 5.5 can now be available (Training Room Only) to be research, but after considering the original purpose of turning a bunch of tanks into Collector Vehicles and removing those 'Gold Ammo' and more new players could concentrate towards high tier tanks and not just be stuck in low tier, I suggest you can only research these modules with Elite Combat Exp Only which means you can only research them after researching everything else. (Also to point out Can't Use Free Exp for this) 

And for people to don't like this in "Training Room Tank/Module" I got an idea for that, when a tank is a "Training Room Vehicle" or is equipped with a "Training Room Module", the vehicle name would be a completely different color or having the "(TR)" next to vehicle's name to show everyone this player is using tanks or modules that was suppose to be removed in update 5.5.

This is just a suggestion but WG if your reading this please can you consider this idea I propose, you can change some of the details I recommended. Anyone who also has some good ideas to please add them in the comment section. 

Note: This is my first post and i don't know much about making one, if I made an error please point it out for me in the comment section below.

Sincerely/Regards (I don't know which to use)

KingTigerThomas318 [BOOM1]

I don't see a see any problems bringing back things like 25 shell mag of the T7 Car (Tier 2) and more while only allowing them to be used in training room for fun. 

"Who Cares About Fair Game Play In Training Room ?" (Well It's up to the host who decides fair or not fair, by the way I'm saying this without any offense so sorry if you feel offended by "Who Cares About Fair Game Play In Training Room ?")

jzmalexander #27 Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:33 AM

Sergeant

• 16748 battles
  • [JD]

View PostKingTigerThomas318, on 03 October 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

Hey guys, If you like to play the removed tanks (Like T49-A) , modules (Like 105 mm derp gun on Hetzer) and more, I got a brilliant idea how to bring them back but without effecting the original purpose of removing a bunch of tech tree tanks and modules. (which was to make it easier for new players to play and balancing the game)

Has anyone ever missed the old modules or tanks that were removed during update 5.5, like the 105 mm derp gun on a panther, the FT Renault, and more ?

Well I did figured out an great and balanced idea how to bring them back into the game but without making unbalanced. (I want to point out that I figured the idea when I was in the toilet XD) How about we have "Training Room Only Vehicle/Module", these removed modules on existing tanks and vehicles can only be used in training room, since you don't need to do too much balancing in the training room like 7 KV-2 VS a single Maus.

Well I now want to get to the details about it:

First: for "Training Room Vehicles", just basically bring back all the removed tier 1, like MS-1 and FT Renault, since the realistic battle came out, there are some tanks that are not allowed to be used since they are not realistic, so why don't do the same with these 'Babies', only allow them to be used in training room. I recommend the way to obtain these tanks are either by a special event (For tanks like Mark 1* and T49 A) or just for free in the tech tree. (Well you have to use credits for it's ammo and it's equipment)

Second: for "Training Room Modules", all vehicles that once had a module but was removed in update 5.5 can now be available (Training Room Only) to be research, but after considering the original purpose of turning a bunch of tanks into Collector Vehicles and removing those 'Gold Ammo' and more new players could concentrate towards high tier tanks and not just be stuck in low tier, I suggest you can only research these modules with Elite Combat Exp Only which means you can only research them after researching everything else. (Also to point out Can't Use Free Exp for this) 

And for people to don't like this in "Training Room Tank/Module" I got an idea for that, when a tank is a "Training Room Vehicle" or is equipped with a "Training Room Module", the vehicle name would be a completely different color or having the "(TR)" next to vehicle's name to show everyone this player is using tanks or modules that was suppose to be removed in update 5.5.

This is just a suggestion but WG if your reading this please can you consider this idea I propose, you can change some of the details I recommended. Anyone who also has some good ideas to please add them in the comment section. 

Note: This is my first post and i don't know much about making one, if I made an error please point it out for me in the comment section below.

Sincerely/Regards (I don't know which to use)

KingTigerThomas318 [BOOM1]

I don't see a see any problems bringing back things like 25 shell mag of the T7 Car (Tier 2) and more while only allowing them to be used in training room for fun. 

"Who Cares About Fair Game Play In Training Room ?" (Well It's up to the host who decides fair or not fair, by the way I'm saying this without any offense so sorry if you feel offended by "Who Cares About Fair Game Play In Training Room ?")

This topic is dead now. We've got used to it. Also you clearly don't seem to know Wargaming well. This will never happen, it would kill the regular battles because everyone would just play training rooms, also these tanks still exist in the game, there's no point in your idea as many people still have these tanks. Also we were not complaining about the tanks getting removed, we were complaining about them getting nerfed so badly.

Also tagged with Update, 5.5, Removed, tanks removed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users