Bad week to give up glue sniffing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Neb10k #1 Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:43 PM

Captain

• 56739 battles
  • [KR0N0]

Is anyone else struggling with the new MM?

Also had connection issues that rub salt in the wounds. 

u_seem_busy #2 Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:53 PM

Sergeant

• 17219 battles
  • [1914]
Its was really laggy last night for me also. Mm doesn't really bother me. Im past that now.

Neb10k #3 Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:43 AM

Captain

• 56739 battles
  • [KR0N0]
http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/98826-changed-matchmaking/page__pid__1551665#entry1551665

From NA forum...

The_Gaffer #4 Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:58 AM

Captain

• 53798 battles
  • [SHIRE]
Thanks for posting the link to the NA discussion (and the EU one in another thread), Neb10k. I had a read and I have to say, while I am not playing enough to notice, the fact that the discussion is taking place and that even some of the die-hard "MM is random" proponents are saying they feel that something is up is compelling.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

LadyLab #5 Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:14 AM

Corporal

• 12245 battles
  • [AUSIE]

View PostNeb10k, on 10 October 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Is anyone else struggling with the new MM?

Also had connection issues that rub salt in the wounds. 

We gave up glue sniffing? I missed the memo sorry 

G_Unit #6 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:18 AM

Corporal

• 8099 battles
  • [TNIAD]
LMAO

Freelancer_Tesla #7 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

Sergeant

• 17499 battles
  • [MAS]

Normally I'm not a big fan of these MM conspiracy theories but recently something feels off with the MM to me.

One team will have a whole gang of not so good players and maybe one or two moderate to unicums while the other will have a few three or four better players and a couple of potatoes.

Guess which team wins?

And mind you, this isn't an isolated case like one of two battles or the "Weekend Teams", this was across the span of the past month.

While I don't believe the MM is completely rigged, I do believe that there are some factors in play that makes MM a whole lot less "random" than WG claims it is.

This is especially noticeable since I'm a scrub that plays on PC. Sometimes there can be 30~ish players in my battle tier but MM takes longer than expected to form a team (and before you say it's to 'balance' the team compositions, I can't help but notice I'm still seeing things like 5 TDs and 2 meds vs 6 heavies and a light).

Maybe I'm just imagining things and this is just a product of confirmation bias.

Frequents higher tiers, because I hate tractors armed with high-caliber rifles.

Plays a mix of well, everything.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

- General George S. Patton

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #8 Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:37 PM

Sergeant

• 65 battles
  • [TDAF]
How can you give up glue sniffing if you don't drive Japanese heavy tanks? 

"Commencing pursuit battle!" - Prinz Eugen 

"Why need to go outside when you have the net?" 

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived a year of Blitz.

XF1_Razer #9 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

Sergeant

• 10682 battles
  • [DARTH]

View PostFreelancer_Tesla, on 11 October 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

Normally I'm not a big fan of these MM conspiracy theories but recently something feels off with the MM to me.

One team will have a whole gang of not so good players and maybe one or two moderate to unicums while the other will have a few three or four better players and a couple of potatoes.

Guess which team wins?

And mind you, this isn't an isolated case like one of two battles or the "Weekend Teams", this was across the span of the past month.

While I don't believe the MM is completely rigged, I do believe that there are some factors in play that makes MM a whole lot less "random" than WG claims it is.

This is especially noticeable since I'm a scrub that plays on PC. Sometimes there can be 30~ish players in my battle tier but MM takes longer than expected to form a team (and before you say it's to 'balance' the team compositions, I can't help but notice I'm still seeing things like 5 TDs and 2 meds vs 6 heavies and a light).

Maybe I'm just imagining things and this is just a product of confirmation bias.

Exactly the same.

I previously thought the ‘bad’ MM was just a psychological effect, and now I’m not sure. Like the rest of you, I have become very sure the MM has been rigged. There is solid evidence from many battles that one team is always better than another. However, does that mean that you yourself are a bad player if you have constantly been put on these teams? Perhaps we should think about how this is actually working...

So it starts off with good - unicum players getting f*cked match-making...

My overall winrate isn’t great though so it must be according to last 30 day stats...

Quite contradictory however, is that some players have an overall great winrate but a bad recent one... yet get crappy match making...

So technically that can’t mean WG is trying to balance everyone’s winrate...

Even so, if they really were trying to balance everyone’s winrate, they wouldn’t put so many idiots and one decent against a bunch of decents and one idiot...

Which brings me to the point... the matchmaking isn’t getting worse like I said it was just now... it’s just that the amount of nubs and idiots are...

However, another possibility is that WG is inconspicuously trying to punish the so called ‘pros’ for things such as ‘battle rigging’. Though being WG, they wouldn’t mention such a thing to their players as the so called ‘battle riggers’ would simply leave the game if not behave worse... You may then ask;

Why would WG punish only some good players for that and not others? The winning team always have unicums don’t they?;

- indeed they do, however one win for them simply doesn’t mean a solid win streak

- those players probably play less... players who already play less are more likely to quit completely if they receive bad results

- in some cases, players can be good enough to carry a team... e.g G**glePl*x_ is a friend of mine who is indeed very formidable

- psychologically, the more you play the more loses you will have

You may also ask... Those points are invalid because I have a solid losing-streak that doesn’t break...;

- perhaps some of you have noticed, the more loses you have, the more desperate and reckless you become

- generally losing streaks come and winning streaks come... always play properly and don’t get desperate - do not become reckless

- do not play on Saturdays and Sundays unless that’s the only time you are free... nubs... generally children, come out in full force on  

the weekend when there’s no work to do

- (unlikely) however, if your winrate has been increasing, a losing streak may soon preceed as WG tries to balance your winrate and

your opponents’ winrates

Unfortunately there are some obvious forms of rigging;

- ghost shots are the most notorious forms of rigging that everyone experiences... yeah minus nubs... you’ve probably realised as a nub 

- random and supposedly impossible shots that go far outside the aiming recticle

- just plain bad RNG... e.g E75 getting ammo rekt by Ru 251

- also classified under the shitty RNG, numerous bounces that shouldn’t happen e.g bouncing T49 with T95 3 times

I know I’ve contradicted myself throughout the whole analytical essay... lol... and I also know it’s long and maybe confusing. If you have any questions on this just ask... 

Otherwise have a nice day guys and quit blitz if WG keeps bullshitting you!

your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

Neb10k #10 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:01 AM

Captain

• 56739 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Razer, the advice to avoid Saturday and Sunday is a golden rule. It always goes badly if you try those days. Also, waiting till 2 hrs after mission refresh sometimes helps.

Stopping losing streaks by walking away is great advice too. So many times I should have done this.

LadyLab #11 Posted Yesterday, 09:10 AM

Corporal

• 12245 battles
  • [AUSIE]
I’d say... retake up glue sniffing 

Noobieman #12 Posted Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21359 battles
  • [AVSW]

View PostLadyLab, on 14 October 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

I’d say... retake up glue sniffing 

whilst you are building plastic model tanks ..............................

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users