Update 5.4

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

tirotai #41 Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:22 PM

Private

• 18825 battles
  • [ANZ]

Blitz horror story

It is this release, it would be good to get an update.

krad55 #42 Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View Postc4rolliu, on 10 October 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

And fu ck apple.

Interesting statement. Somehow, updates for other apps (even with regular updates) are not delayed. Maybe Apple hates WG specifically.

Or you just happen to not know what you are talking.

RibbleStripe #43 Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Guys, update 5.4 is in store already.

We bring apologies for inconvenience you had. IOS users will receive compensation soon.

I't time to download update and share your impressions about it. Thanks in advance.

lWardaddyl #44 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:01 PM

Private

• 7397 battles
  • [18WOT]

Nice update. 

Still can't login in game since 2 last update.

Fix when lol. 

Player_47 #45 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

Private

• 13405 battles
  • [CULL]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 10 October 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

We bring apologies for inconvenience you had. IOS users will receive compensation soon.

I't time to download update and share your impressions about it. Thanks in advance.

with all this bad feed back on this thread you really want us to give feed back?  it would have to be really good to make up for my personal boredom and frustration.  Im off work injured at the moment and can't do anything but play tanks atm.  I had to play Poker stars to keep myself occupied.  :/

ILLUMINATI101 #46 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:05 AM

Private

• 15089 battles
  • [-SQ-]

It's not available here on Mac OS X too.WG get your crap together

Edited by ILLUMINATI101, 11 October 2018 - 12:22 AM.

ILLUMINATI101 #47 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

Private

• 15089 battles
  • [-SQ-]

View PostILLUMINATI101, on 11 October 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

It's not available here on Mac OS X too.WG get your crap together

why tf aren't you doing anything about OSx?

Player_47 #48 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:36 AM

Private

• 13405 battles
  • [CULL]

where the compensation?

OldManEmu #49 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:05 AM

Sergeant

• 31353 battles

Well I can't give you any impressions because I still can't download the bloody update, I can't even delete the game so I can re-install on IOS. The compensation better be good because it's 2 days now I can't play a game

B_SaltyMadd #50 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:16 AM

Captain

• 30399 battles
  • [FEAST]

Lol... all these apple users complaining... How about the issuing being "you guys are using apple devices" in the first place?

This is why I never jumped into the rabbit hole named "Apple Gaming" because it was never supposed to be a thing.

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

RibbleStripe #51 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:54 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostPlayer_47, on 10 October 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

with all this bad feed back on this thread you really want us to give feed back?  it would have to be really good to make up for my personal boredom and frustration.  Im off work injured at the moment and can't do anything but play tanks atm.  I had to play Poker stars to keep myself occupied.  :/

Yes, we really want to see your feedback on in-game changes and improvements. Everything posted here about iOS update is reasonable but not connected with new features.

MontMont #52 Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• 1420 battles

View PostB_SaltyMadd, on 11 October 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

Lol... all these apple users complaining... How about the issuing being "you guys are using apple devices" in the first place?

This is why I never jumped into the rabbit hole named "Apple Gaming" because it was never supposed to be a thing.

Why is WG apologising for the inconvenience and advising that IOS users will receive compensation. Doesn't sound like an Apple Gaming stuff up to me.

Sgt_Bluesocks #53 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:09 PM

Private

• 10228 battles

On the new garage interface, I don't really like it. I might get used to it if I use it long enough, but I was perfectly fine with the old one (except that the last change made to the placement of daily containers). Or... I might not like it. I'm playing on iPhone 6s, and the new techtree tab feels a bit smaller than I like. Also, the record tab is now a little harder to reach as it was moved to the top of the screen, and I open that menu rather frequently. It's personally annoying, and the change feels pointless.

Like, don't fix it if it's not broken. I'd be happier if you add an option to choose between the two: the older interface and the new one.

These are tiny things, but for me, this is the sort of stuff that add up to the frustration, and when this sort of thing gets piled up, it cause me to play less and/or leave the game eventually (as it has been). Cheers.

p.s.

I guess I'll add something to this. What frustrates me is that I don't (think I) have a say about these changes and it takes away or changes things that I am familiar with without a choice. I wouldn't be bothered if I was given an option for whether to use the new designs or not. This is my general issue with most recent apps and video games and such, especially the online multiplayers, and I prefer to stick to my preference rather than to adopt to something I find to be a bad or shitty practice.

Edited by Sgt_Bluesocks, 13 October 2018 - 02:24 PM.

akipUN7030 #54 Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:11 AM

Private

• 2351 battles
  • [VNCH3]

View Postkaisersosay, on 09 October 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Another basically useless update that will not be available for ios for 48 hours after the old version dies.

Thanks WG, hit it out of the park again.

exactly what I thought, more useless updates that we're not even that excited about

RibbleStripe #55 Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:38 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Tankers!

In update 4.8 we brought in additional protection against cheaters. In order to avoid accidental bans we strongly recommended not to use any modifications. In update 5.4 risk to get banned for harmless modifications fell away.

Please keep in mind that:

- we still don't recommend using modifications because they affect game client performance;
- we are not responsible for modifications' functioning, don't support and don't explain how to install or use them;
- modifications affecting gameplay and providing battle advantages are still forbidden. Using such modifications will cause measures according to the game rules.

Good luck on the battlefield!

EH_Samarth #56 Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:55 AM

Corporal

• 20254 battles
  • [-SQ-]

View Posthot_smelly_gas, on 10 October 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Still waiting, this is very frustrating!

The changes to make the game easier for new players are terrible, you either like the game or you don't, regardless of whether you get blasted by experienced players when you are starting. That was always the case, I got wrecked many times, but I persisted and learned. Moreover, in my opinion:

1. Giving good players a worse RNG is a terrible idea. I get a lot of missed shots lately, even more shots go nowhere, even at very short distance. No bounce, no miss, no indication that I have shot other than having to reload. Frustrates me very much! I have over 34k battles in my EU account and never experienced this until I moved to Australia and the latest versions were released. Something changed... Even with the same tanks my win rate has suffered very much since the last versions. For instance, in EU my Crom B has 62%WR over +600 battles, in Asia I average 59% and simply miss many shots. I am the same player!
  2. Banners are ok, but can't see how they help new players. A tutorial would be better?
  3. Stop allowing new players to buy tier 8 prem tanks! If I am a new player, I will be terribly frustrated if I can buy an IS-6 and then get blasted by experienced players. This is exactly what would make me abandon the game! When I started, I would have to *painfully* grind, and learn to play, until I managed to get to tier 8. Then I could buy an IS-6 and defend myself.

Wargaming, I think you are about to loose thousands of experienced (and money-spending) players because you are ruining their game experience. Helping new players is ok, but you can find ways of doing it without damaging the good players experience with the game.

You cannot be serious with that first statement . Missing shots is not the fault of rng , it has nothing to do with it , it is your own skill that is playing into account for that . Of course we all get frustrated with random bounces and ghost shots but they don't occur often and most of the time it is our own mistakes that lead to this . Also it is more likely that your internet is the reason for the change in the amount of misses you had. The ping for Australian players is often 140-240 ping while in EU you can get less than  100 in some/most places which can impact the amount of shots you make . 

Ennui_DeadlyDat #57 Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• 54689 battles
  • [ARMD]
Game still crashes just after starts  and ticket screen says problem solved-BUT it is NOT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users