Update 5.4

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Player_47 #21 Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:33 AM

Private

• 13059 battles
  • [CULL]

View Postbbq100, on 10 October 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

This is a higher update than the previous one. So, it is bound to take longer.

so are you telling me that this is only going to get worse with every new update?

and why no reason / reasons why this is not available to iOS users but its in the google play store from at least this morning.  its Delayed? what happened? it missed its bus?

Nightstealth #22 Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:36 AM

Private

• 5719 battles
  • [KIWIS]

View Postmaddog58, on 10 October 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

So its 18:30 in Australia and so no update available in the apple store. Really!!!!

20:35 in Kiwiland, been unable to play since 09:30 (= 11 hours)

Player_47 #23 Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:46 AM

Private

• 13059 battles
  • [CULL]

View PostNeb10k, on 10 October 2018 - 07:14 AM, said:

Fair enough. Thanks for the heads-up.

On a different topic, the new matchmaker is terrible for experienced players.

As a business please consider carefully whether you want to upset existing paying customers to make it easier for new players who might not spend money.

I have been playing and paying since 2014, surviving update 3.8.

But if you keep the recent “new player friendly” matchmaker the game is going to get deleted.

Find another way to help begginers or you will have a game that consists entirely of begginers versus bots.

there are so many handicaps put in place for experienced / good players and you are right, this new MM is bad.  You know what worked? the original versions. like back in the day with friendly fire in game.  Sure removing this was a good idea, but all this trying to make people like the game by making them play better even though they have no idea what they are doing is poor form.  it is simple.  You won't be a pro starting out in this game.  My first 10,000 games on EU server was 50% par.  But I learnt to play the game and went on to bring it up to 60%.  My main point is, You either like the game or you don't.  you can't make any one like the game cause they get a bunch of ridiculous participation ribbons or you nerf the RNG of skilled players.

I personally and know of many that are also getting bored of these poor form antics from War Gaming.  Just stop it guys or you will lose those that are paying and playing.

Pohmdownunder #24 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

Private

• 40067 battles
  • [ARMD]
Still waiting!

Short__Round #25 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• 872 battles
  • [SHIRE]
Apple have been very slow with updates recently. Moreso than usual. We waited more than 24 hours recently for another mobile game. The developers are saying that even updates that are pre-approved don’t get released at the agreed time. Apple don’t care though. Their attitude has always been that you’re fortunate to own an Apple device.

_Wozza_ #26 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

Private

• 10371 battles
  • [VTC]

It would be nice to have some kind of post from wargaming on this. It’s extremely frustrating (in a very first world kind of way, to be fair) to be left hanging and just having to keep refreshing for the update..and yeah, I do hope there’s credits on paid premium time wasted. Just dont get why these iOS updates need to be such a drama to have up for seamless crossover..

_Wozza_ #27 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:30 AM

Private

• 10371 battles
  • [VTC]

View PostShort__Round, on 10 October 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

Apple have been very slow with updates recently. Moreso than usual. We waited more than 24 hours recently for another mobile game. The developers are saying that even updates that are pre-approved don’t get released at the agreed time. Apple don’t care though. Their attitude has always been that you’re fortunate to own an Apple device.

There is that, maybe much less a WG issue than Apple just doing Apple.

corona_2017 #28 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• 1728 battles
  • [WAPN]

Some positive changes seem to have been made in backend, WG:medal: 

I had 2 battles where I wasn't thrust into being lower tier, and that is good for a new player like me

hot_smelly_gas #29 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:40 AM

Private

• 7517 battles
  • [CULL]

Still waiting, this is very frustrating!

The changes to make the game easier for new players are terrible, you either like the game or you don't, regardless of whether you get blasted by experienced players when you are starting. That was always the case, I got wrecked many times, but I persisted and learned. Moreover, in my opinion:

1. Giving good players a worse RNG is a terrible idea. I get a lot of missed shots lately, even more shots go nowhere, even at very short distance. No bounce, no miss, no indication that I have shot other than having to reload. Frustrates me very much! I have over 34k battles in my EU account and never experienced this until I moved to Australia and the latest versions were released. Something changed... Even with the same tanks my win rate has suffered very much since the last versions. For instance, in EU my Crom B has 62%WR over +600 battles, in Asia I average 59% and simply miss many shots. I am the same player!
  2. Banners are ok, but can't see how they help new players. A tutorial would be better?
  3. Stop allowing new players to buy tier 8 prem tanks! If I am a new player, I will be terribly frustrated if I can buy an IS-6 and then get blasted by experienced players. This is exactly what would make me abandon the game! When I started, I would have to *painfully* grind, and learn to play, until I managed to get to tier 8. Then I could buy an IS-6 and defend myself.

Wargaming, I think you are about to loose thousands of experienced (and money-spending) players because you are ruining their game experience. Helping new players is ok, but you can find ways of doing it without damaging the good players experience with the game.

NocturnZing #30 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:25 AM

Corporal

• 4050 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostNeb10k, on 10 October 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

Wait till you get in and find lower tier tanks gone.....

Are they all collectors tanks now?

which tanks are missing?

Neb10k #31 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

Captain

• 56763 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostPlayer_47, on 10 October 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

there are so many handicaps put in place for experienced / good players and you are right, this new MM is bad.  You know what worked? the original versions. like back in the day with friendly fire in game.  Sure removing this was a good idea, but all this trying to make people like the game by making them play better even though they have no idea what they are doing is poor form.  it is simple.  You won't be a pro starting out in this game.  My first 10,000 games on EU server was 50% par.  But I learnt to play the game and went on to bring it up to 60%.  My main point is, You either like the game or you don't.  you can't make any one like the game cause they get a bunch of ridiculous participation ribbons or you nerf the RNG of skilled players.

I personally and know of many that are also getting bored of these poor form antics from War Gaming.  Just stop it guys or you will lose those that are paying and playing.

Agree totally

Neb10k #32 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:36 AM

Captain

• 56763 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View Posthot_smelly_gas, on 10 October 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Still waiting, this is very frustrating!

The changes to make the game easier for new players are terrible, you either like the game or you don't, regardless of whether you get blasted by experienced players when you are starting. That was always the case, I got wrecked many times, but I persisted and learned. Moreover, in my opinion:

1. Giving good players a worse RNG is a terrible idea. I get a lot of missed shots lately, even more shots go nowhere, even at very short distance. No bounce, no miss, no indication that I have shot other than having to reload. Frustrates me very much! I have over 34k battles in my EU account and never experienced this until I moved to Australia and the latest versions were released. Something changed... Even with the same tanks my win rate has suffered very much since the last versions. For instance, in EU my Crom B has 62%WR over +600 battles, in Asia I average 59% and simply miss many shots. I am the same player!
  2. Banners are ok, but can't see how they help new players. A tutorial would be better?
  3. Stop allowing new players to buy tier 8 prem tanks! If I am a new player, I will be terribly frustrated if I can buy an IS-6 and then get blasted by experienced players. This is exactly what would make me abandon the game! When I started, I would have to *painfully* grind, and learn to play, until I managed to get to tier 8. Then I could buy an IS-6 and defend myself.

Wargaming, I think you are about to loose thousands of experienced (and money-spending) players because you are ruining their game experience. Helping new players is ok, but you can find ways of doing it without damaging the good players experience with the game.

What he said,

Neb10k #33 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• 56763 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostNocturnZing, on 10 October 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

which tanks are missing?

This is just a fear....nothing for sure yet.

NocturnZing #34 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:42 AM

Corporal

• 4050 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 08 October 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

Blitz horror story

One of the best tactics is to sow fear and panic among your enemies from the very beginning. A high caliber, thick armor, a nickname with a huge number of exclamation marks and, of course, "dreadful" camouflage are well suited for this! Update 5.4 will also bring the brand-new "Halloween" attachments and warpaints.

Full news text

Balance Improvements in Update 5.4

In the new update, we improved the characteristics of some vehicles based on the server statistics and your feedback. Changes were made to vehicles from the in-game Store and some researchable vehicles.

Full news text

Update 5.4

Update 5.4 will bring interface and balance improvements, new attachments and camouflages, as well as fixes and changes you asked for! New vehicles, map, battle type with mod... oops, wrong news. You didn't see anything, okay?

Full news text

At least WG seems to be trying to make MM more balanced, which is gud!  good to know the replay settings reset bug has been fixed, I've missed that over 2 updates, hopefully no more unrecorded replays cos I missed to set it again.
Wasn't this already in place - "Players can now select a battle type after receiving vehicles of Tier V or above."??? This is the supremacy vs regular battle thing? or something else?

BAPBOP #35 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:47 AM

Private

• 137 battles
whats going on? still no update for macOs? is WG gonna compensating premium acc?

Perfidious_Albion #36 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:50 AM

Sergeant

• 39072 battles
  • [HKER]
Good job Wargaming. Professionalism is your middle name, if by professionalism you mean you continuously disappoint customers by your gross incompetence. Still waiting for an update...

c4rolliu #37 Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:29 PM

Private

• 16038 battles
  • [BOLD]
Where’s the [edited] update?

c4rolliu #38 Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:30 PM

Private

• 16038 battles
  • [BOLD]
Too many nubs with wallet and anime tanks ruin the game.

c4rolliu #39 Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:32 PM

Private

• 16038 battles
  • [BOLD]
And fu ck apple.

missingleak #40 Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

Corporal

• 39658 battles
  • [PSF-R]

View Postc4rolliu, on 10 October 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

And fu ck apple.

how about WG? have you  heard from them the status? This what I hate with WG, support is one of the worst and they keep you in the dark! Premium Account is draining on the toilet. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users