Finally achieved 60% win rate on Light VIC

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Ambulant #1 Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

Sergeant

• 44124 battles
  • [FLAME]
Just achieved 60% win rate on my Light VIC and would like to share this on the forum. It took a long time, and 3400+ battles. The process went through many upgrades, with many nerfs and shocks to the system with new tanks added to the various tech trees. It is possible, but ridiculous because of various reasons. First, tier 2 is completely out of balance. Trying to survive r35s was hard. I finally figured out how, and that took me past 55%. I still cannot kill an amx38 or a pz s35. I can only pray that my team can do it instead. I can manage to kill D2 under very limited conditions. But the biggest problem was the nerfing of lower tiers in general, it meant that the light VIC became less nimble, not that it was quick to begin with. This meant that circling slower tanks became harder. In the earlier days, killing a t18 was easy. In my last few games it became a struggle as traverse and acceleration was so compromised. All these I can take in my stride, but the hardest was dealing with poor level of play and frequent afk trolls. You guys know my favourite ones. I still play the game because it's a good game, but seriously, players with bad attitude needs to be censured. The player base deserves better. Just for a bit of perspective, I finished playing the T2 medium at 100 battles with 74% win rate. Even at tier 2, the tanks need to be better balanced because I believe it helps to promote good game play. This will extend to the higher tiers too. How do you expect higher tier games to be good when there is so much bad play in tier 2? One can't really blame new players for camping, or hesitating when they feel they don't have a good chance, or players yoloing because they think their tank can win the game alone?

XF1_Razer #2 Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:09 AM

Sergeant

• 10682 battles
  • [DARTH]

View PostAmbulant, on 07 October 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Just achieved 60% win rate on my Light VIC and would like to share this on the forum. It took a long time, and 3400+ battles. The process went through many upgrades, with many nerfs and shocks to the system with new tanks added to the various tech trees. It is possible, but ridiculous because of various reasons. First, tier 2 is completely out of balance. Trying to survive r35s was hard. I finally figured out how, and that took me past 55%. I still cannot kill an amx38 or a pz s35. I can only pray that my team can do it instead. I can manage to kill D2 under very limited conditions. But the biggest problem was the nerfing of lower tiers in general, it meant that the light VIC became less nimble, not that it was quick to begin with. This meant that circling slower tanks became harder. In the earlier days, killing a t18 was easy. In my last few games it became a struggle as traverse and acceleration was so compromised. All these I can take in my stride, but the hardest was dealing with poor level of play and frequent afk trolls. You guys know my favourite ones. I still play the game because it's a good game, but seriously, players with bad attitude needs to be censured. The player base deserves better. Just for a bit of perspective, I finished playing the T2 medium at 100 battles with 74% win rate. Even at tier 2, the tanks need to be better balanced because I believe it helps to promote good game play. This will extend to the higher tiers too. How do you expect higher tier games to be good when there is so much bad play in tier 2? One can't really blame new players for camping, or hesitating when they feel they don't have a good chance, or players yoloing because they think their tank can win the game alone?

For the last bit you posed a question? I do blame them - and I bring hell down on them for their miserable failure. We don’t need these players, THEY need us. Also my question... why the heck did you waste all that time getting a 60% winrate with Light VIC... dude it’s not even fun anymore. Once a tank gets nerfed until it’s pretty much hopeless, you just gotta leave it. WG is ruining the game for the good players and we all know. First we leave the tanks, then we leave the line, then we leave the tech tree, then we leave the game. I’ve played this game for... 2 and a half years. It’s been gradually getting worse and worse. WG better do something quick before the last of us good players leave. 

And the truth? If we leave... we aren’t coming back

your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

B_SaltyMadd #3 Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

Captain

• 30271 battles
  • [FEAST]

60% WR on a tier 2 tank...

But, why?

I see people celebrating their Tier X reaching 60% WR and I understand them.

but celebrating a Tier 2 Tank reaching 60% WR? What is this, a new trend?

Leader Of The Union

Council member of Clan Wars Asia (Link to Post)

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

Gandalf__Greyhame #4 Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 206 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostB_SaltyMadd, on 07 October 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

60% WR on a tier 2 tank...

But, why?

I see people celebrating their Tier X reaching 60% WR and I understand them.

but celebrating a Tier 2 Tank reaching 60% WR? What is this, a new trend?

boooo ... party pooper . well done Ambulant !!

panzerang #5 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:20 AM

Private

• 10405 battles
  • [METRO]

View PostAmbulant, on 07 October 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

Yay:bajan: . Getting ace is enuf for me

The_Gaffer #6 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

Captain

• 53798 battles
  • [SHIRE]

Congratulations, Ambulant!

Some people forget that this is a game. It is meant to be enjoyable, or you’re better off doing something else. Setting yourself a goal and pursuing it can be very rewarding and the tier/tank doesn’t matter. When someone dismisses a certain tier/tank as being too easy to bother with, take a look at their stats in that tier/tank. In my experience, in most cases, they don’t support their claim and, even if they do, it has no relevance to your enjoyment of the game. 

I recall years ago when WG gave us the Tetrarch, the first time it appeared in the game, my son aced it in a couple of battles. I tried to do the same. It took me more than 600 battles to do so. I just couldn’t get it. It was a good feeling when I eventually did, although as these things often go, it happened with a fairly ordinary performance when I really wasn’t thinking I was even close.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

Ambulant #7 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:51 PM

Sergeant

• 44124 battles
  • [FLAME]

Thanks for the positive words, Real Gandalf. Honestly when I started, I thought it wasn't going to be too hard. Not that I thought tier 2 was a sealclubbers' delight, but I took only 200+ games to get to 60% in the T7 car, mostly through my own rash play. I saw the VIC as a similar vehicle, with a similar gun. That was my mistake. It was just a bit more sluggish, traversed a bit slower (and eventually much slower after the various updates) I guess I was also spoilt by the T2 Light, which was also a lot of fun. You're right that a lower tier doesn't make it easier. That small difference in performance was enough to set it back a lot, the huge autoloader burst wasn't enough to compensate for its relative shortcoming. The tank required that I really think where to survive, where to find targets, what I can shoot, and where I can shoot them. There is no single fixed strategy in this thing, you just have to roll with the situation. So in short, 3400+ games can be frustrating at times, but the various challenges made it lotsa fun. The one thing I can share with the forum is that there is no one fixed way for this tank, and it has taught me many valuable lessons. There are just as many nubs in tier 2 as in the higher tiers. I learnt eventually also to read the initial movements in my team to gauge whether they were capable players. This often decided who I should be staying close to, for there was no way I can carry the game 99% of the time. A bit like speed dating. But there were just as many good players in the lower tiers, Yung Chih from OXO who was deadly in his Cruiser IV, adiron_02 in his autoloader T46. It was pretty much game over whenever I saw him in the red team. Moomin_b in his bt-art was super deadly. I got great help from adrynzahar in his r35. He was always willing to have a platoon game with me. There were some characters, there was a guy who's always shouting about the 'chicken enemy' in his t82 and a couple of toxic fellas that I shall not name and shame. That was what made it so hard. There were a helluva lot good players in the usual powerful tanks in tier 3. 

I have 60% win rate in some tanks like the T-34/85 and also the T20, which took me a very short time to get. Those I don't announce on this forum. So that kind of tells you guys what I think of this experience. The good thing about doing such a grind at low tier is that I don't have a credit loss issue. I think I came out with a healthy balance. 

Gandalf__Greyhame #8 Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 206 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostAmbulant, on 08 October 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Thanks for the positive words, Real Gandalf. Honestly when I started, I thought it wasn't going to be too hard. Not that I thought tier 2 was a sealclubbers' delight, but I took only 200+ games to get to 60% in the T7 car, mostly through my own rash play. I saw the VIC as a similar vehicle, with a similar gun. That was my mistake. It was just a bit more sluggish, traversed a bit slower (and eventually much slower after the various updates) I guess I was also spoilt by the T2 Light, which was also a lot of fun. You're right that a lower tier doesn't make it easier. That small difference in performance was enough to set it back a lot, the huge autoloader burst wasn't enough to compensate for its relative shortcoming. The tank required that I really think where to survive, where to find targets, what I can shoot, and where I can shoot them. There is no single fixed strategy in this thing, you just have to roll with the situation. So in short, 3400+ games can be frustrating at times, but the various challenges made it lotsa fun. The one thing I can share with the forum is that there is no one fixed way for this tank, and it has taught me many valuable lessons. There are just as many nubs in tier 2 as in the higher tiers. I learnt eventually also to read the initial movements in my team to gauge whether they were capable players. This often decided who I should be staying close to, for there was no way I can carry the game 99% of the time. A bit like speed dating. But there were just as many good players in the lower tiers, Yung Chih from OXO who was deadly in his Cruiser IV, adiron_02 in his autoloader T46. It was pretty much game over whenever I saw him in the red team. Moomin_b in his bt-art was super deadly. I got great help from adrynzahar in his r35. He was always willing to have a platoon game with me. There were some characters, there was a guy who's always shouting about the 'chicken enemy' in his t82 and a couple of toxic fellas that I shall not name and shame. That was what made it so hard. There were a helluva lot good players in the usual powerful tanks in tier 3. 

I have 60% win rate in some tanks like the T-34/85 and also the T20, which took me a very short time to get. Those I don't announce on this forum. So that kind of tells you guys what I think of this experience. The good thing about doing such a grind at low tier is that I don't have a credit loss issue. I think I came out with a healthy balance. 

Dude , I also supported you . You din't thank me :izmena:

Bqwk #9 Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:31 AM

Private

• 159 battles
  • [ODDS]
When you forget your details from a 4 year old account and I now look like a noob.... but congrats Ambulant not many people would have the patience to get a tier 2 tank to a 60% win rate

Edited by Bqwk, 09 October 2018 - 12:32 AM.

TinDingo #10 Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

Sergeant

• 25954 battles
  • [OVR50]

So you won 2160 games and lost 1440 in that thing; I wonder how many hours that comes out to.

But it doesn't matter, the achievement is there.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

Ambulant #11 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:08 AM

Sergeant

• 44124 battles
  • [FLAME]
Heheheh. Don't we all spend too much time on this game anyway?

The_Gaffer #12 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:40 AM

Captain

• 53798 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostAmbulant, on 10 October 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

Heheheh. Don't we all spend too much time on this game anyway?

Hell yes. I play sparingly now but there was a time I was averaging 50 battles a day. I used to play on my daily commute (2+ hours), my lunch break (most days) and at night (I typically only sleep around 5 hours, from 2 AM to 7 AM). I finished uni long ago, just need to stay current (which doesn't take much time), so I have a lot of free time. I am running at 110% at work most of the time, so I find that the distraction helps. The only reason I don't play much these days is that I have found a game I enjoy more. 

Edited by The_Gaffer, 11 October 2018 - 02:41 AM.

Ambulant #13 Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:42 PM

Sergeant

• 44124 battles
  • [FLAME]
Yes, I'm playing less nowadays too. Partly because of the bad play quality nowadays. Weekends are still bad. My work is a lot more flexible, so I get in a dozen games during my downtimes. I'm trying to get back to my plastic modelling but it's tough because my presbyopia reminds me I'm aging. But I've recently begun to stash up on the tanks that are in Blitz. I'm determined to paint them in the same in-game camo, that should be interesting. But then there's the idea of painting a tank in the armor inspector colour scheme, that should be fun. I know sk8xtrm also does plastic models too.

The_Gaffer #14 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:04 AM

Captain

• 53798 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostAmbulant, on 12 October 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

Yes, I'm playing less nowadays too. Partly because of the bad play quality nowadays. Weekends are still bad. My work is a lot more flexible, so I get in a dozen games during my downtimes. I'm trying to get back to my plastic modelling but it's tough because my presbyopia reminds me I'm aging. But I've recently begun to stash up on the tanks that are in Blitz. I'm determined to paint them in the same in-game camo, that should be interesting. But then there's the idea of painting a tank in the armor inspector colour scheme, that should be fun. I know sk8xtrm also does plastic models too.

I have that too! I find I have to hold my phone/iPad a little further away from me now. 

I built and painted WWII models in my childhood. In more recent years I got into the Games Workshop Lord of the Rings strategy game. Painting the 28mm figures was so rewarding but, alas, my eyes aren't up for it these days. I miss the satisfaction of getting one of those tiny figures to look something like I want it to. 

Some of my efforts from back when I had good eyesight:

Ambulant #15 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:45 AM

Sergeant

• 44124 battles
  • [FLAME]
Nice work!

Neb10k #16 Posted Today, 10:59 PM

Captain

• 56744 battles
  • [KR0N0]
My school friends used to press lead figures into cuttlefish shell, then melt lead in fry pan over a camp stove and pour into the imprint - 2 halves made a cloned figure.

Was crazy. Vivid memory of one of them also rolling mercury around on hand when a thermometer broke in class.

Kids, don’t try this at home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users