MM is broken

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Gandalf__Greyhame #41 Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]
Whatevs . If living in a bubble make you happy , so be it . Rigged MM is the opium of nubs .

The_Gaffer #42 Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:18 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]
Guys, just ignore Gandalf__Greyhame / Esh. He doesn’t really understand any of it. He trolls to get attention. Or just go to your profile and add him to your ignore list (under Ignore Preferences) and you won’t have to see his posts. It’s a wonderful feature.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

Vicar_in_a_Tutu #43 Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:38 AM

Private

• 53 battles

View PostWOT_Losers, on 06 October 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

u have not provided an explanation of why ur allowed to troll so much on forums all the time

Trolls allowed to run rampant here because moderators focus on punishing people that expose troll players.

Gandalf__Greyhame #44 Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostThe_Gaffer, on 06 October 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

Guys, just ignore Gandalf__Greyhame / Esh. He doesn’t really understand any of it. He trolls to get attention. Or just go to your profile and add him to your ignore list (under Ignore Preferences) and you won’t have to see his posts. It’s a wonderful feature.

When even a sensible person like Gaffer supports rigged MM theory you know there is no point in debating it . Maybe the earth is really flat after all .....

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #45 Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:53 AM

Captain

• 18769 battles
  • [ACT-1]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 07 October 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

When even a sensible person like Gaffer supports rigged MM theory you know there is no point in debating it . Maybe the earth is really flat after all .....

New debate

Esh11 has a brain made of mashed potatoes

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

Ambulant #46 Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:13 AM

Sergeant

• 45556 battles
  • [FLAME]

I vouch for this. Great feature.

Gandalf__Greyhame #47 Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

This is a good suggestion .

Gandalf__Greyhame #48 Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 07 October 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

New debate

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 07 October 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

New debate

This could be true .

Vicar_in_a_Tutu #49 Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:51 PM

Private

• 53 battles

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 07 October 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

I don’t see him support the theory. He just don’t support trolling. 

Neb10k #50 Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:14 AM

Captain

• 57327 battles
  • [KR0N0]
http://forum.wotblit...e-game/#topmost

This is an interesting parallel discussion. My recent experiences align with many comments in that thread.

The_Gaffer #51 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:23 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostVicar_in_a_Tutu, on 08 October 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

I don’t see him support the theory. He just don’t support trolling. 

Yeah, I don’t play enough these days to have an opinion on the MM but I don’t think anyone should care what trolls think of the discussion. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

TinDingo #52 Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

Sergeant

• 26392 battles
  • [OVR50]

I think that the MM has been "refined" over the last two updates - since WG have been talking about making it easier for new players.

If it was rigged before, it is more rigged now.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

thaiger21 #53 Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 34612 battles
  • [MMI]

I am going to get banned for this but no longer care.

MM is [edited].

Now getting 90% lower tier in anything I play.

WG has its head up its [edited] and no grasp of reality. Am truly sick of this shit. Once you get good they punish you for it. Sounds like one of Stalins purges to me.

If anyone has another game to play that is not so [edited] up please pm me.

Thanks.....rant over.

Perennial_Noob_Kill_Me #54 Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:56 AM

Corporal

• 1608 battles
  • [WAPN]

I don't know if u listened to their YT cast. Its a completely confusing dichotomy and they have no regard for players who have been loyal to them for ages. 

On one hand they launch bots against new players, and on YT they say we will make low tier battles longer so that they are FUN!!!!

On one hand they say we will keep current tanks status quo, on other they insinuate all auto loaders will be removed to make battles more fun and longer (T46,A20.... are on that hitlist).

Basically they were adamant that initially proposed 5.3 changes will be rolled out regardless of player opinions or feedback!

I am already struggling with 6 consecutive lower tier games losses with poor higher tier players over 2 days, so I realize WG has no good intentions, they may persecute me more for speaking up, IDC now.

thaiger21 #55 Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 34612 battles
  • [MMI]
Fu ck this stupid game.

ZIGZAGZ #56 Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

Corporal

• 16674 battles
  • [KILLS]

Here's Wargaming's patent on the MatchMaker and how it operates, supporting observed behaviour:

"According to another aspect, the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level.matchmaker.png As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games."

I don't understand. Did anyone not read what i posted? NO one reads the sh*t WG types?

SteveHat #57 Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:52 PM

Sergeant

• 11080 battles
  • [ANZUS]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 15 November 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Here's Wargaming's patent on the MatchMaker and how it operates, supporting observed behaviour:

"According to another aspect, the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level.matchmaker.png As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games."

I don't understand. Did anyone not read what i posted? NO one reads the sh*t WG types?

Fascinating. This is from the summary of their US Patent btw. Makes very interesting reading. However just because they can do something within the game it doesn’t necessarily follow that they have used this function. For example the Patent suggests if you win lots of games in a particular vehicle you can be assigned games within increasing tiers 4 vs 5, 4 vs 6 4 vs 7 etc. As we know this can’t happen as we have 1+1 MM. 

Another very interesting point is that vehicles can have performance tables stored (that can be changed by updates) that will change the MM characteristics of the vehicles. So if I’m reading it correctly if for example the Type 62 is winning too much it could be changed to mean more under tier battles etc. 

However just because a Patent says it’s possible doesn’t mean these functions are all used. 

SteveHat #58 Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

Sergeant

• 11080 battles
  • [ANZUS]
Also I should add the MM is the same for all of us. If you’re an average player like me you’ll have an average WR. If you’re really good you have a better WR. You can’t just blame the system. I blame ping personally ;)

Fosknow #59 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:19 AM

Captain

• 46312 battles
  • [-IQ-]

Only way to fix mm is to meet the person in charge of mm and give them an example of what unfair mm is, 

basically throw them into oncoming traffic.

whomever is responsible deserves it.

if WG doesn’t like it, I dare you to meet me in person.

i have a freeway waiting for you.

Edited by Fosknow, 16 November 2018 - 12:21 AM.

How bold you are from afar.

BossArdnutz #60 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:50 AM

Corporal

• 3487 battles
  • [DERPU]
From the patent, it looks like the MM compares player & tank win rates when picking teams. This makes sense, if you are a good player you will tend to face better opponents, while poor players will tend to face other poor players. Everyone gets a challenge level commensurate with their ability.

The odd bit is the team composition full of high-WR players, not the team made up of mostly low-WR players with 1 or 2 unicums. I suspect that it's really a compliment - if you have been doing well enough, you get put in a team with the potatoes, with a red team full of carrots to give you a good poking.

I can only assume that the team full of unicums is maybe made up of unicums who are coming off a losing streak, and you (and your potato team mates) are being used to give them an easier game...

Or it could just be bugged, and genuinely picking teams at random, in which case you would expect to see clusters and runs of odd team compositions.

I do know that at least *some* players are always happy to blame their team mates for a loss. I'm no great player, but as bottom-tier SU-85 on Wastelands, when I get killed early then get messaged and called useless* by a player in a Crusader who dies about 10 seconds after me and does half as much damage as I do... So was I the potato, or was he the potato, or was my whole team a potato patch?

* - and invited to taste his or her p00, which seems like a pretty weird fetish, made me glad this was just on the internet, can you imagine playing chess (or even worse, rugby) with this person? There's not enough disinfectant in the world!

Edited by BossArdnutz, 16 November 2018 - 05:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users