50 games in BP (75% Winrate prior to update) --- [70% after update]
Win: 14/50

30 games in VK 28.01 (70% Winrate prior to update) --- [66% after update]

Win: 9/30

20 games in RHM (58% Winrate prior to update) --- [58% after update]

Win: 12/20

70 games in SU-152 (62% Winrate prior to update) --- [57% after update]

Win: 37/70

I was running a 67.38% 30 day average, and a WN8 of 3400++ before the update.

After the update, I could not believe my eyes. I would have losing streaks of 10+ in a row in my tanks...

I look at my team, complete trash. 

99% of the time, I do not platoon. So my stats are usually super consistent, or based on the tank I am using.

What i found was that any tank above 60% winrate was being affected by some dodgy matchmaking.

Everytime i played Black Prince, it would be under tier, and my entire team would just be trash. It's like a 5-0 or 7-0 loss kind of trashing. 

You can see tons of 0 damage players or 100-200 damage players. Just JUNK.

How is it possible that a Super Unicum based on 30 days WN8 can do 14/50 in a Black Prince after the update, when before that i was doing 75% in 300 games? If the tank's specs did not change, then something else must have changed. Psst. MM.

Just look at my forum signature. THAT LINE GRAPH. NICE DIP LOL.

Block Quote

Here's Wargaming's patent on the MatchMaker and how it operates, supporting observed behaviour:

"According to another aspect, the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level.matchmaker.png As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games."

This is what i found. And apparently this has been around for years. I do believe they amplified the likelihood and groupings to an even more increased difficulty after this last update.

It's the only explanation why, almost everyone from reddit to forums has picked up on this since the update. You cannot observe a difference if nothing had changed. So something must have changed.

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 28 September 2018 - 10:11 AM.

Neb10k #22 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

Captain

• 57322 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostZIGZAGZ, on 28 September 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

It's 100% rigged after the Update.

These were my stats after the update:

50 games in BP (75% Winrate prior to update) --- [70% after update]
Win: 14/50

30 games in VK 28.01 (70% Winrate prior to update) --- [66% after update]

Win: 9/30

20 games in RHM (58% Winrate prior to update) --- [58% after update]

Win: 12/20

70 games in SU-152 (62% Winrate prior to update) --- [57% after update]

Win: 37/70

I was running a 67.38% 30 day average, and a WN8 of 3400++ before the update.

After the update, I could not believe my eyes. I would have losing streaks of 10+ in a row in my tanks...

I look at my team, complete trash. 

99% of the time, I do not platoon. So my stats are usually super consistent, or based on the tank I am using.

What i found was that any tank above 60% winrate was being affected by some dodgy matchmaking.

Everytime i played Black Prince, it would be under tier, and my entire team would just be trash. It's like a 5-0 or 7-0 loss kind of trashing. 

You can see tons of 0 damage players or 100-200 damage players. Just JUNK.

How is it possible that a Super Unicum based on 30 days WN8 can do 14/50 in a Black Prince after the update, when before that i was doing 75% in 300 games?

This is what i found. And apparently this has been around for years. I do believe they amplified the likelihood and groupings to an even more increased difficulty after this last update.

It's the only explanation why, almost everyone from reddit to forums has picked up on this since the update. You cannot observe a difference if nothing had changed. So something must have changed.

I am with you. Similar experience in t34-85 Victory. 

I think WR is part of it - was wondering if it was the tank WR.

Actually, it would make sense to do this to stop seal clubbing. A high WR tank handicap would stop people going to one effective tank and smashing low tiers.

Edited by Neb10k, 28 September 2018 - 10:22 AM.

ZIGZAGZ #23 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:40 AM

Corporal

• 16674 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostNeb10k, on 28 September 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

I am with you. Similar experience in t34-85 Victory. 

I think WR is part of it - was wondering if it was the tank WR.

Actually, it would make sense to do this to stop seal clubbing. A high WR tank handicap would stop people going to one effective tank and smashing low tiers.

It will not be fair to those who depend on their own abilities to grind credits though.

Like i try to play as many T8/T10 games. But i always run out of credits, and have to go back to T5-7 to grind them out. But when you go back, now you realise, you're being forced to lose? Like  14/50 is just ridiculous lol. That's not slightly at all.

Edited by ZIGZAGZ, 28 September 2018 - 10:41 AM.

JellyMcBean13 #24 Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:06 AM

Corporal

• 6723 battles

MM is also killing my WR, so I just stopped to play my high WR tank and started to play my lower WR tank again. Well, those tanks' low WR can be up because MM got me better teammates.

JellyMcBean13 #25 Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:49 AM

Corporal

• 6723 battles
WG should not target the high WR veterans. A fair MM is enough to make everyone happy. There are veterans and newbies, good and bad players, in each team. Newbies, led by veterans, can still win or lose game. Playing with bots is such a dumb idea. Why don’t WG provide bots in training room?

Edited by JellyMcBean13, 29 September 2018 - 01:22 AM.

WOT_Losers #26 Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

Corporal

• 6618 battles
  • [WAPN]

Its just amusing how the some older players are being bashed by WG like we don't mean anything.

New players are playing against bots and getting INSANE easy high avg dmg/WR/DR/KR

Every effort is being made to make battles horrible experiences for players not liked by WG (forum dissension, survey responses not to their liking,. …….. ) - getting newbs only on your team, AFKs encouraged and minimal bans, to ensure ur WR falls and ur results tank.

I responded to the survey and since they haven't liked my answers, battles have largely been a PITA each time.

I mean, just look at this well balanced MM - https://imgur.com/a/NJN67Bc

Entire oppo team stuffed with massive battle count veterans, and I get the complete newbies. WG, its ur game, u can do as u like, but don't expect me to spend any more money on this game too. You cant make the battle experience any more worse than it already is for me.

JuliusHeide #27 Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:06 AM

Private

• 2466 battles
  • [KGRFO]

View PostWOT_Losers, on 03 October 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

I mean, just look at this well balanced MM - https://imgur.com/a/NJN67Bc

Entire oppo team stuffed with massive battle count veterans, and I get the complete newbies...

Wow! good example, that MM outcome was extremely unbalanced.
Your team's platoon was a complete dud and red platoon members were SEAL clubbers. 

Caveat Emptor dude, at least you have your eyes open. Imagine those new recruits assuming how easy the game is when they start off.

If wg's strategy is to ease new players into the game by encouraging their early progress that may work for a short while, but those players will get a rude shock once they graduate to real battles. The dropout rate could be quite high when their WR starts to evaporate.

Gandalf__Greyhame #28 Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

Definitive evidence of rigged MM !! 

KittykattKat #29 Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

Corporal

• 25857 battles
  • [SCULL]

MM is not broken.... there’s no formula to put us in our place. Heard of confirmation bias? We look for any excuse/data to confirm our preconceived ideas be they right or wrong.

My personal example...... I was a pretty poor player for a very long time. The first 10k games or so I floated between 47-48% (which has since then permanently stained my career stats) until I decided to watch some bloggers like Sk8xtrm & others, looked inward as to why my stats sucked as opposed to blaming MM or whatever else. Since then I’ve approx 25k games total and have dragged my career WR to 51.3% - my blitzstars stats for the past year or so hang around 56% (average tier played 8, almost never in a plat). I’m no unicum but it’s a substantial improvement and now consider myself a decent player who even when potatoes abound manages to carry the odd fight.

Like everyone else in this game I get horrendous streaks (16 straight losses was my worst I think) but having a reasonable understanding of statistics & chance I know in the long term this all evens out. I’ve also gone on insane win streaks but then human beings tend to remember the negatives more strongly. An evolutionary survival adaptation I suppose.

Now stop complaining & start tanking ;)

WOT_Losers #30 Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Corporal

• 6618 battles
  • [WAPN]

View PostKittykattKat, on 04 October 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

MM is not broken.... there’s no formula to put us in our place. Heard of confirmation bias? We look for any excuse/data to confirm our preconceived ideas be they right or wrong.

My personal example...... I was a pretty poor player for a very long time. The first 10k games or so I floated between 47-48% (which has since then permanently stained my career stats) until I decided to watch some bloggers like Sk8xtrm & others, looked inward as to why my stats sucked as opposed to blaming MM or whatever else. Since then I’ve approx 25k games total and have dragged my career WR to 51.3% - my blitzstars stats for the past year or so hang around 56% (average tier played 8, almost never in a plat). I’m no unicum but it’s a substantial improvement and now consider myself a decent player who even when potatoes abound manages to carry the odd fight.

Like everyone else in this game I get horrendous streaks (16 straight losses was my worst I think) but having a reasonable understanding of statistics & chance I know in the long term this all evens out. I’ve also gone on insane win streaks but then human beings tend to remember the negatives more strongly. An evolutionary survival adaptation I suppose.

Now stop complaining & start tanking ;)

No formula????? Have u read the WG sites? http://wiki.wargamin...tchmaker_(Blitz)

This is why a newb in a new tank, will be top tier in a battle, and can easily ruin ur credit grinding game - 

World of Tanks: Blitz have already announced that when you first buy a tank, you will have a preferential matchmaking for a few battles before you enter normal battle tier range for a tank. This is meant to help you, as the player, learn the basics of your tank and get good in its playstyle and practical use. This means you will be top tier for the duration of the honeymoon period.

Wait, is that a confirmation of confirmation bias? :rolleyes:

Boong_hay #31 Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:19 AM

Private

• 13996 battles
  • [UI]

This is MM. WG said: :sceptic: 

https://imgur.com/a/y65S9Xq

https://imgur.com/j61AgYa

https://imgur.com/ttJBuMk

https://imgur.com/YwL3TYh

Edited by Boong_hay, 05 October 2018 - 03:20 AM.

jun2003_ #32 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:31 AM

Corporal

• 7349 battles
  • [KR_]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 26 September 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

Noob , you din't understand as usual . The MM which premium players get is better when compared to non premium players . Now there are some players with very high win rate . These players get bad teams . This is done to reduce their Win rate . So now if player who has high win rate and is a premium player he will get ...... okay now I see your point . Yeh sorry I can't defend this :confused:

I can answer this: before the update. I recently bought 3 premium tanks. Before the update, my win rate is 57.3 and more than 90% of my tanks have win rate > 56%. (I consider myself not a BAD player, I will not argue that I am a very good player)

After the update: 70-80% of the time, I am bottom tier. it doesnt matter which tier i play and i am always bottom tier. afk and 30%-40% in green tiers happens too often. teammates died within the first 2-3 mins of the game. my win rate went down by 1%. tier 7 is a disaster. type 62 win rate fell from 60% to 57% and avg damage down by 100. rudy down from 57%-53% and avg dmg down 100. I used to win alot with stub, win rate fell from 64% to 60%. on another occasion, when I played PZIVD(win rate 67%), red team had 3 DW2 and green team consisted of all soft tanks (and they are noobs). when I played tier 6, green teams never had more than 1 KV2, but I saw 2 KV2 in red teams on many occasions. All in all, I feel that the game is no longer playable.

it's so obvious that MM is not random given the waiting time is much longer than before even in some tiers above tier 4 and the strange composition of red and green teams.

I submitted a ticket and WG denied everything I said. and told me to platoon if i want to win more. NO, I am a solo player and never toon.

I told WG: I QUIT THE GAME.

Edited by jun2003_, 05 October 2018 - 09:08 AM.

Gandalf__Greyhame #33 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostWOT_Losers, on 04 October 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

No formula????? Have u read the WG sites? http://wiki.wargamin...tchmaker_(Blitz)

This is why a newb in a new tank, will be top tier in a battle, and can easily ruin ur credit grinding game - 

World of Tanks: Blitz have already announced that when you first buy a tank, you will have a preferential matchmaking for a few battles before you enter normal battle tier range for a tank. This is meant to help you, as the player, learn the basics of your tank and get good in its playstyle and practical use. This means you will be top tier for the duration of the honeymoon period.

Wait, is that a confirmation of confirmation bias? :rolleyes:

Where do these [Content removed] come from ? Every new tank whether bought by a 30% noob or a 75% superunicum gets preferential MM for first 3 games . This has been the case since the stone age . Kindly don't make [Content removed] arguments . 

Derogatory comments.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

Gandalf__Greyhame #34 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View Postjun2003_, on 05 October 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

I can answer this: before the update. I recently bought 3 premium tanks. Before the update, my win rate is 57.3 and more 90% of my tanks have win rate > 56%. (I consider myself not a BAD player, I will not argue that I am a very good player)

After the update: 70-80% of the time, I am bottom tier. it doesnt matter which tier i play and i am always bottom tier. afk and 30%-40% in green tiers happens too often. teammates died within the first 2-3 mins of the game. my win rate went down by 1%. tier 7 is a disaster. type 62 win rate fell from 60% to 57% and avg damage down by 100. rudy down from 57%-53%. I used to win alot with stub, win rate fell from 64% to 60%. on another occasion, when I played PZIVD, red team had 3 DW2 and green team consisted of all soft tanks (and they are noobs). All in all, I feel that the game is no longer playable.

it's so obvious that MM is not random given the waiting time is much longer than before even in some tiers above tier 4 and the strange composition of red and green teams.

I submitted a ticket and WG denied everything I said. and told me to platoon if i want to win more. NO, I am a solo player and never toon.

I told WG: I QUIT THE GAME.

Kindly present evidence . No one has ever presented any evidence . People simply bring in their prejudice and bias to explain their WR . Neither has it ever been explained how WG benefit by decreasing your WR . I have come come across top players very often . Just the other day I came across AMX 30b from ID . He was playing a td . On two games he was on red team and one game on my team . He carried all games single handed and won all of them . When I died in the third game I followed him and saw how he fought back in a turretless td from a hopeless situation and won the game . I have come across this player several times before as well . He always plays solo and carries the team . He gives clear and repeated instructions in the beginning . he was active over chat throughout the game . He took up amazing positions .  Does't MM and noobs and afk affect him ? There are several players like him . Please provide factual evidence if you want to claim MM is rigged or else you are just making excuses for your poor performance .

Perennial_Noob_Kill_Me #35 Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• 1608 battles
  • [WAPN]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 05 October 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

Where do these [Content removed] come from ? Every new tank whether bought by a 30% noob or a 75% superunicum gets preferential MM for first 3 games . This has been the case since the stone age . Kindly don't make [Content removed] arguments . 

ur trash, kindly go explore urself in the colonic area, by fully inserting ur right hand, and then opening an umbrella. U don't know crap or the context of anything.

(I take anyone calling anyone challenged, a [edited], it hits close to home)

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi

WOT_Losers #36 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:19 PM

Corporal

• 6618 battles
  • [WAPN]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 05 October 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

Where do these [Content removed] come from ? Every new tank whether bought by a 30% noob or a 75% superunicum gets preferential MM for first 3 games . This has been the case since the stone age . Kindly don't make [Content removed] arguments . 

where do re turds like u come from? u need to ask ur mother, she birthed an abomination like u. The honeymoon period these days is much much longer than the supposed 3 games for newbies which negatively impacts good players who keep pushed into battles as low tier. Keep ur useless vomit bile to urself.

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi

Gandalf__Greyhame #37 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]
These clowns just find excuses . No one has ever presented any evidence that WG manipulates MM . No one has ever provided a rational explanation of how decreasing your wr benefits WG . Forum is a fact free zone full of cry babies .

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 05 October 2018 - 04:26 PM.

jun2003_ #38 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:47 PM

Corporal

• 7349 battles
  • [KR_]

View PostWOT_Losers, on 05 October 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

where do re turds like u come from? u need to ask ur mother, she birthed an abomination like u. The honeymoon period these days is much much longer than the supposed 3 games for newbies which negatively impacts good players who keep pushed into battles as low tier. Keep ur useless vomit bile to urself.

+1

His mother didnt teach him to shut the F up when he doesnt have something nice to say.

People here are not finding excuses. They are sharing the abnormalities that they are experiencing . The EU forum is talking about the same thing.

Abrupt changes in win rate in a short period is already an evidence...  especially those tanks that u used to play well. And this happened to many players at the same time. And this could be statistically significant....

Edited by jun2003_, 05 October 2018 - 06:01 PM.

jun2003_ #39 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:59 PM

Corporal

• 7349 battles
  • [KR_]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 05 October 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

These clowns just find excuses . No one has ever presented any evidence that WG manipulates MM . No one has ever provided a rational explanation of how decreasing your wr benefits WG . Forum is a fact free zone full of cry babies .

We are not interested in finding out the causes... Period.

I suggest that u should take a graduate course in statistics to learn the definition of evidence....

Superficial. 

Edited by jun2003_, 05 October 2018 - 06:02 PM.

WOT_Losers #40 Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:39 PM

Corporal

• 6618 battles
  • [WAPN]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 05 October 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

u haven't provided any shred of intelligence, so u can STFU, u incorrigible cad, u just like barking all the time deluding urself that u ever say anything intelligent.

u have not provided an explanation of why ur allowed to troll so much on forums all the time, other than the distinct possibility that u suck every devs genitals diligently and hence are allowed to be the irascible lunatic on forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users