Rewarding for sticking with game. (Newer and Veteran players opinions wanted)

New Tank tanks reward playing premium time veteran

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Princ_Juckslasher #1 Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:01 AM

Sergeant

• 15286 battles
  • [PRINC]

I reckon it is time for something that keeps people in the game playing and my suggestion is a non event that is permanent per each account where there is a special tab for earning a premium tank specialized for this idea. For example in world of tanks PC you have personal missions which you can do things to earn premium tanks however since blitz is smaller and lacks things like SPGs (thank goodness) I reckon it would be more of a grind able tank such as deal 1 million damage total or play 10,000 battles basically rewarding people for them staying in the game, sure to new players they will think that is a lot but they soon would realize actually its doable and it would be worth it to stay in the game longer. Also to make it better for War Gaming point of view they would provide little to no credit bonus than a standard tank its more of a unsellable tank (with a slow of course) That A. Shows your accomplishments and B. Is something new to play around with. C. Premium tanks are nice to have even if they provide little to no benefits because it adds variety in play style and and something new to try.

This section of the post is more for example of what you could do/add: (These Ideas obviously could change but it more rewarding the players that keep playing and not based on skill as a lot of people take ages to get good) (Also you add multiple conditions to allow more skilled players to get them faster without making it impossible for newer/average players) 
1. A tank that is tier 4-5 and to get it you have to have either played 1-2k battles or killed 500-1000 enemies. 

2. A tank that is tier 6-7 play 5k battles or deal 5 million damage.

3. A tank that is tier 8-10 play 10k battles or have 200 gathered up aces. 

These are just free example and obviously this could be changed to better suit the accomplishments/WarGaming opinion. Also maybe you don't want to give out high tier premium tanks for free and I understand that but rewarding players for playing always keeps them coming back for more. 

My opinion is from me having 10700 battles and I have brought premium tanks however in any new game I play what keeps me coming back is variety and when I get rewarded for playing the game longer. I would love to read other peoples opinions and would like to see if newer players like this idea or people who haven't purchased anything like this idea and would be more inclined to purchase something if you got rewarded more than you do for playing.

Wishlist: Oceania Server

100 variants of the T-34-85

xtradarkside #2 Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:33 AM

Corporal

• 42200 battles
  • [XTRA]
I've been in the game for 3 years and WG have no idea how many experienced players quit. Most of my old plat mates are no longer around. I do think they should at least reward loyal players for sticking around. I doubt they'd listen tho.

TinDingo #3 Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

Sergeant

• 27605 battles
  • [OVR50]

I think WG are actively trying to shed the veteran players because it easier to introduce money making changes without us around to complain about it.

I believe it was the veterans who lead the revolt against 3.h8 and that WG are well aware that this is the case.

I realise that WG are trying to make money but I am trying to play a game and as WG are in control it is entirely their responsibility to make both of us happy.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

__Noobieman #4 Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

Sergeant

• 18402 battles
  • [AVSW]
JuckslasherZ some good ideas but WG seldom listen or help veteran players enjoy the game more.

doutei_magic #5 Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

Corporal

• 69 battles
  • [HBC]

I'll be happy if they just stop constantly stabbing us in the back. Kinda hurts.

I have a long list .. probably lots of feedback that can help. But in the meantime this is all I hope for.

Edited by doutei_magic, 23 September 2018 - 02:08 PM.

G_Unit #6 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:50 AM

Corporal

• 10180 battles
  • [TNIAD]
They DO surveys. But the problem is, they ask for our opinions, in NUMERICAL SCALES. It'd be more helpful if we can type 'em out instead.

azithro2 #7 Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:31 AM

Corporal

• 533 battles
  • [4CHT8]
Ever heard of 

Not Invented Here Syndrome (NIHS)

Definition - What does Not Invented Here Syndrome (NIHS) mean?

Not invented here syndrome (NIHS) is a mindset or corporate culture that favors internally-developed products over externally-developed products, even when the external solution is superior. 

NIHS is frequently used in the context of software development, where a programmer will overlook all the attributes of an existing solution simply because it wasn't produced in-house.

http://www.techopedi...e-syndrome-nihs

fjvhk #8 Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:33 AM

Sergeant

• 31472 battles
  • [ARMD]

The most recent survey I have seen (2 days ago) was asking about the MM and opinions on including player stats into the MM. 

This survey did allow some text based responses. 

Considering the past surveys this one seemed to be the most receptive one so far. Processing text based responses though will be a fairly intensive task.

The_Gaffer #9 Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:00 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Postfjvhk, on 24 September 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

The most recent survey I have seen (2 days ago) was asking about the MM and opinions on including player stats into the MM. 

This survey did allow some text based responses. 

Considering the past surveys this one seemed to be the most receptive one so far. Processing text based responses though will be a fairly intensive task.

I got one two days ago that seemed focused on declining activity. It asked "How satisfied are you with recent changes to the game?" and "How likely are you to play Blitz in the future?" and continued along those lines.

Edited by The_Gaffer, 24 September 2018 - 03:02 AM.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

2OLD2CARE #10 Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 133809 battles
  • [FOTB]
They don't want long timers playing if they don't add to the revenue stream - RNG becomes enemy number 8

Gandalf__Greyhame #11 Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]
Am I considered to be a veteran player as well ? :great:

2OLD2CARE #12 Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 133809 battles
  • [FOTB]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 25 September 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

Am I considered to be a veteran player as well ? :great:

Havent yet worked out what you are and to even hazard a guess would get me banned

Gandalf__Greyhame #13 Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View Post2OLD2CARE, on 25 September 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Havent yet worked out what you are and to even hazard a guess would get me banned

I think I am veteran player :medal:

Also tagged with New, Tank, tanks, reward, playing, premium, time, veteran

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users