M4a1 Revalorise worst premium tank ever?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tormund #1 Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

Corporal

• 44608 battles

I have played a number of games on this tank and while I am not a good player with some serious lag issues, this tank is just bad.

All you can do is flank and try to Hull down with the crap armour.  Lucky the gun is good right? Wrong!!

As soon as a Russian heavy comes you are dead. This tank even with heat has a hard time penning the side and back of an Is3 and an is6. 

Rant over. 

geronimonimo #2 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28944 battles
  • [0_0]
Well... you should know there are HEAT traps the IS series of tanks. The area over the tracks are set of boxes and skirts non-integral to the primary armour, which is curved downwards making it even harder to pen. Technically no meds of a same tier to a heavy can 1v1 frontally. Flanking has always been the creed of meds and lights alike.

ankitgusai19 #3 Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 50930 battles
  • [SMRT]

View PostTormund, on 04 September 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

I have played a number of games on this tank and while I am not a good player with some serious lag issues, this tank is just bad.

All you can do is flank and try to Hull down with the crap armour.  Lucky the gun is good right? Wrong!!

As soon as a Russian heavy comes you are dead. This tank even with heat has a hard time penning the side and back of an Is3 and an is6. 

Rant over. 

Always... always check reviews and videos from community contributors (especially if sk8xtrm has made one), before buying premium tank. all premium tanks are not for everyone. 

Having said that, it will get significant buff in reload, front armour and agility. so don't sell it in frustration just yet.  

Tormund #4 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:15 PM

Corporal

• 44608 battles

Thanks for the responses.  I had the rev on wot pc a few years back and really enjoyed it.  I just bought this one as a collectors item but expected at least the gun to be good given the bad armour.

Thanks also for the reminder about the IS armour profile which I had honestly forgotten about. 

ThicChopstick #5 Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

Private

• 5722 battles

It's good...?

It has a good alpha with a good accuracy, a good gun depression and the pen doesn't lack

The mobility is ok.

If you play it like a russian med then the problem is from you.

Stop complaining and improve yourself.

This tank is fine and well balanced, go buy a t54 mod if you want to brawl and yolo

__GetFunked__ #6 Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:13 AM

Sergeant

• 7277 battles
  • [GNG]
Its a good tank but is not beginner-friendly. It's a tank that needs a player that knows what they're doing. It gets a bad rep because like with many premium tanks, its snapped up by nubs and driven wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users