Why is it so hard to grind credits?

Grinding credits

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Comrade_Potato #1 Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:41 AM

Corporal

• 1067 battles
  • [TTD9]
Why is it so hard to grind credits? I understand that Wargaming has introduced the Take It Easy event, which cuts down XP grinding, which is really useful. I adore the XP reduction, but it is only half of the problem. You can get the XP, but you can;t get the tank, because you can't buy it. I know about Credit Boosters, and i have used them, and are using them currently. Also, there is my T-34/85. Even when I get a win with it, I still lose credits. This is a major problem for me. I know that credits are proportional to how you played and your skill, but even when I play my best, I still sometimes lose credits. This is a bit frustrating to me. You may criticise my skill, but I am wondering if there is something else at play. 

RenamedUser_2015744594 #2 Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:51 AM

Corporal

• 15116 battles
  • [31954]

Yes there is. It is something called the Credit Coefficient.

As you mentioned, winning, skills and performance do play a major role in how much credits you earn in a match, but the end result is also largely influenced by Credit Coefficient.

Each & every tank has a different coefficient. The higher the %, the better the credit earnings. Premium tanks tend to have upwards of 140% credits coefficient, while normal tanks can go as low as 80%. Some non-premium tanks though are very good for credit grinding too.

Use this link to see what can actually help you grind credits more efficiently.

http://forum.wotblit...-few-new-tanks/

A few good mentions:

Tier V: Pz.Kpfw. III/IV (Credit Coefficient: 146%)

Tier VI: Churchill Gun Carrier (Credit Coefficient: 149%)

Tier IV: Alecto (Credit Coefficient: 151%)

OR DW2 (Credit Coefficient: 140%)

OR M5 Stuart (Credit Coefficient: 148%)

Most often, people play specific tanks to grind credits. I know, most of us just want to play our favourite tanks and why can't WG also make them good for credits yadah yadah, but that's the facts you have to face in this game. Some tanks have a credit advantage over others, and you best just get used to it.

Also, you have a WN8 of Below Average, and a 42% winrate even with 30%+ platoons. Either drop a few tiers, and play at tier 3-5 where you can learn at an easier pace, or find a better platoon partner. Don't make the mistake of rushing up the tiers. At top tiers, the credit coefficient is even lower! And you're just going to face even harder enemies.

Edited by BANGED, 04 September 2018 - 01:54 AM.

erwin10001 #3 Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 32815 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostComrade_Potato, on 04 September 2018 - 01:41 AM, said:

Why is it so hard to grind credits? I understand that Wargaming has introduced the Take It Easy event, which cuts down XP grinding, which is really useful. I adore the XP reduction, but it is only half of the problem. You can get the XP, but you can;t get the tank, because you can't buy it. I know about Credit Boosters, and i have used them, and are using them currently. Also, there is my T-34/85. Even when I get a win with it, I still lose credits. This is a major problem for me. I know that credits are proportional to how you played and your skill, but even when I play my best, I still sometimes lose credits. This is a bit frustrating to me. You may criticise my skill, but I am wondering if there is something else at play. 

when i first started off, I lost so many credits that I had no credits to buy ammo, so i had to sell my kv-2 to raise money. after that, i learnt not to rush and to practice more in the lower tiers before moving to the next tier.

Comrade_Potato #4 Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:27 AM

Corporal

• 1067 battles
  • [TTD9]
Thanks for the help, it is quite useful. Thanks for not just bashing my skill, and actually giving me good advice. I knew that Premium tanks earned more credits, but i didn't know about the coefficient.

Comrade_Potato #5 Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:32 AM

Corporal

• 1067 battles
  • [TTD9]
Also, about the Platoon partner, I have been playing with my new friend (newer than me), so my win rate took a hit. also, he plays rather poorly (no offence to him) and i have farmed credits in my PZ IV, and in my T-34. Also, most of the tanks you mentioned were premium tanks. (is the Churchill GC a premium?)

Lord_Melchett #6 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26134 battles
  • [1914]

View PostComrade_Potato, on 04 September 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

Also, about the Platoon partner, I have been playing with my new friend (newer than me), so my win rate took a hit. also, he plays rather poorly (no offence to him) and i have farmed credits in my PZ IV, and in my T-34. Also, most of the tanks you mentioned were premium tanks. (is the Churchill GC a premium?)

None of those tanks are premium - that's why he mentioned those particular tanks.

Ultimately, credits are earned by doing damage, so this will get easier as you get better at the game and do more damage).

IN addition to driving tanks with better credit coefficient, as discussed above, you can also use fewer provisions and consumables to increase profits.

Finally, consider buying premium time.  As the credits earnt are multiplied before deducting costs, premium time has more than 1.5x effect on the credit profit.  Premium time makes the grinds for new tanks much easier.

Gandalf__Greyhame #7 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostComrade_Potato, on 04 September 2018 - 01:41 AM, said:

[Content removed] . You haven't even played a thousand games and you have gone ahead and bought 3 premium tanks . [Content removed]  you have bought the worst premium tanks Dicker Max , Panther M10 and Box tank ( Su 100Y is an awesome tank but requires a good player to do well in ) . Now coming to T 34-85 and losing credits even when you win .... well you only win like 33% of the times .... that's AFK / trolling territory . Also no , you do not lose credits in Tier 6 tanks when you win unless maybe if you fire random pramo shots in the air for no reason which I think you might be doing . 

Insults to players. Content removed, user warned.

~Wasaabi

LIEUTENANT KOLOBANOV WAS A CAMPING NOOB

Comrade_Potato #8 Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:37 AM

Corporal

• 1067 battles
  • [TTD9]
Gandalf, you have even less battles than me. This post was about credits, so why do you feel the need to bash me as a player?

Ambulant #9 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:02 AM

Sergeant

• 43349 battles
  • [FLAME]
Oh yes, there's the resident troll, also known as Esh11 or is it esh15? Anyways impersonator of the original Gandalf of the forums in recent months, general irritant, operator of multiple accounts, onetime member of HCL, been known to spoil games for others, has hinted at being banned before for whatever, (no evidence on that but you can connect the dots...) and actually pretending to be a decent forummer in recent months. He's still the resident troll don't feed him.

ankitgusai19 #10 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 39916 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View PostComrade_Potato, on 04 September 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Gandalf, you have even less battles than me. This post was about credits, so why do you feel the need to bash me as a player?

https://www.blitzsta...ayer/asia/esh11

His profile.

Gandalf__Greyhame #11 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostComrade_Potato, on 04 September 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Dude 33% in one of the best tier 6 tanks . Everyone can get to 30% simply by pressing the battle button . 

Anyway , I will be nice ..... you asked why is it hard to grind credits .... the answer is " No " , it is not hard to grind credits in blitz . Grinding credits used to be difficult in the past but not since they  applied a lot of changes . Now anyone who understands the game will tell you it is a lot easier to grind credits now than in the past . You say you lose credits at tier 6 even when you win ... the answer is simple ... you are not a good player , in fact you are way below average . There is no other reason . But this is no reason to get frustrated . This game takes a lot of time to understand . Maybe a year from now you will become a good player . But you need to stick to the game . Watch videos from utub to understand how people play . For now just do one thing , " Follow your team " . Look where the majority of your team is going and follow them . This alone will improve your win rate and survival rate which will translate to better credits . You already have 3 prems , don't buy any more till you learn to play the game . If you buy a tier 8 prem and sit at the back doing nothing  , people will get very angry with you . 

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 04 September 2018 - 07:48 AM.

FireRadical #12 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:36 AM

Sergeant

• 15790 battles
  • [ODDS]

View PostComrade_Potato, on 04 September 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

i think u shud see what ambulant and ankitgusai19 says XD

So about the credits... 

Best way to maximise the credits u earn is

-taking less dmg (especially module dmg cause u wud nid to use ur consumables to repair em)

-not using provision

-not using premium rounds

-do dmg (i think thts exp or might be credits someone correct me)

-cap points (exp or money? someone help :D)

-use tanks with high credit coefficient (pls check blitz tank compare for prem and non-prem tanks for their credit coefficient. Alternatively, you can search up on youtube to see which tanks are the best money makers.)

-use lower tiers (higher tiers like 8,9,10 tend to harder to grind credits from unless its a premium tank)

Edited by FireRadical, 04 September 2018 - 10:37 AM.

Good luck on the battlefield! May RNGesus be with you.

From your average mate,

FireRadical

Diamond114 #13 Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:19 PM

Captain

• 15895 battles
  • [408]

View PostFireRadical, on 04 September 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

i think u shud see what ambulant and ankitgusai19 says XD

So about the credits... 

Best way to maximise the credits u earn is

-taking less dmg (especially module dmg cause u wud nid to use ur consumables to repair em)

-not using provision

-not using premium rounds

-do dmg (i think thts exp or might be credits someone correct me)

-cap points (exp or money? someone help :D)

-use tanks with high credit coefficient (pls check blitz tank compare for prem and non-prem tanks for their credit coefficient. Alternatively, you can search up on youtube to see which tanks are the best money makers.)

-use lower tiers (higher tiers like 8,9,10 tend to harder to grind credits from unless its a premium tank)

Damage counts to both XP and Credits, but especially the latter I believe. As for cap, that one counts more towards XP I think.

Also effective spotting and earning some spotting damage will help boost credit earnings.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

RenamedUser_2015744594 #14 Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Corporal

• 15116 battles
  • [31954]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 04 September 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Dude 33% in one of the best tier 6 tanks . Everyone can get to 30% simply by pressing the battle button . 

Anyway , I will be nice ..... you asked why is it hard to grind credits .... the answer is " No " , it is not hard to grind credits in blitz . Grinding credits used to be difficult in the past but not since they  applied a lot of changes . Now anyone who understands the game will tell you it is a lot easier to grind credits now than in the past . You say you lose credits at tier 6 even when you win ... the answer is simple ... you are not a good player , in fact you are way below average . There is no other reason . But this is no reason to get frustrated . This game takes a lot of time to understand . Maybe a year from now you will become a good player . But you need to stick to the game . Watch videos from utub to understand how people play . For now just do one thing , " Follow your team " . Look where the majority of your team is going and follow them . This alone will improve your win rate and survival rate which will translate to better credits . You already have 3 prems , don't buy any more till you learn to play the game . If you buy a tier 8 prem and sit at the back doing nothing  , people will get very angry with you . 

Firstly, it CAN be hard to grind credits in Blitz on certain tanks even if you perform well.

For example, the SU-100M1 is a tank very well known for BLEEDING credits. Its use of IX ammo, in a tier 7 tank, coupled by the fact that even when you do upwards of 2.5k per game and still LOSE credits if you are not running premium time, is exemplary of that.

This guy is new, and asked a question, without even knowing what a credit coefficient was. You cannot give 'advice' based on a whole different level.

Asking a new player to gain credits off his own abilities is not an advice at all. Telling him how to do it easier, and which tier to go to and train, in which tanks that are more suitable for beginners, would make much more sense than your 'advice'. But i give credit for your suggestion to him on following his teammate. At least you said something decent..

Edited by BANGED, 04 September 2018 - 03:26 PM.

Diamond114 #15 Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

Captain

• 15895 battles
  • [408]

So here`s my 2 cents, Comrade_Potato;

- Take less damage than what you deal. Minimize damage taken, take every opportunity to do damage and don`t take unnecessary risks especially since it can get you killed in battle.

- Learn to minimize exposure (going for minimizing damage taken) and either bounce or avoid return fire from your opponents. 

- Being the eyes and ears for your team helps, especially if you plan to play light tanks/ fast mediums later on. Learning how to effectively spot targets while avoiding return fire will help boost your XP and Credits earning as you get half of XP and Credits that your teammates earn from damage they dealt to targets you spotted.

- Complete Missions. Do pick and choose the ones you are comfortable with as you get the option to skip one mission for free per day. At the same time, don`t be frustrated that you seem unable to get a particular mission done. Cool down and come back another time. Those missions aren`t going away unless you skip them.

- Work with your teams and play to win as much as possible for obvious reasons. Don`t forget to sweep up those low health tanks for extra damage padding and removing one more potential game clutcher.

- If you decide to pack Premium Ammo, only use them when necessary. If the tank you`re shooting at you know you can pen with standard ammo, then don`t use Premmo, especially with the recent Premmo damage nerf meaning you will need more shots to take down an enemy tank with Premmo than if you learn where you can pen them with standard ammo. Those Premmos are expensive particularly at higher tiers.

- Minimize the use of Consumables and Provisions, especially since standard kits now have cooldown timer instead of being one-time use only. Use only as much Provisions as necessary as dictated by your needs.

- Have some tanks with good credit coefficients in your garage, doesn`t have to be premium tanks, but make sure it`s not Churchill Gun Carrier or M5 Stuart because those tanks requires being possessed to play (CGC has bad mobility, so-so armor, but good gun, whereas the M5 has good mobility but meh armor and nearly impotent gun).

Finally, take most of what Gandalf has to say with LOTS of salt.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #16 Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

Captain

• 15895 battles
  • [408]

Oh and if you ask me, Tier V-VI is the best place to grind creds, Tier VII-VIII once you polish your skills and are looking for challenge. That said, don`t rush tiers and only go up once you can win games in a certain Tier spread comfortably, something around 65% of wins discounting bad days when MM simply makes you go on a losing streak. If you go on a losing streak, don`t push your luck, take a break and let the newbs kill each other off in your absence.

Lastly, exploit EVERY advantage you have over the red team`s tanks and give them a whack when they`re not looking. 

Gandalf__Greyhame #17 Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostBANGED, on 04 September 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Firstly, it CAN be hard to grind credits in Blitz on certain tanks even if you perform well.

For example, the SU-100M1 is a tank very well known for BLEEDING credits. Its use of IX ammo, in a tier 7 tank, coupled by the fact that even when you do upwards of 2.5k per game and still LOSE credits if you are not running premium time, is exemplary of that.

This guy is new, and asked a question, without even knowing what a credit coefficient was. You cannot give 'advice' based on a whole different level.

Asking a new player to gain credits off his own abilities is not an advice at all. Telling him how to do it easier, and which tier to go to and train, in which tanks that are more suitable for beginners, would make much more sense than your 'advice'. But i give credit for your suggestion to him on following his teammate. At least you said something decent..

I did not know there was something called credit coefficient till I had played 10 thousand games . Anyway this guy is a total nub . Now let me clarify in advance that I have absolutely no problem with nubs in the game . If this guy wants I will readily plat with him anytime . I believe " Nub Lives Matter " . I in fact have no problems with them rushing to tier 10 without knowing how to play either ..... coz that's what I did . But I have observed that a lot of people complain that there are too many nubs in the game . " Omg I lost the game  coz of nub team mates " is one of the most frequent comment posted on the forum . I thought if I scold this nub he will feel sad and quit the game . This will make a lot of people happy as there will be one less nub out there who can cause you to lose  games . I was merely trying to help the pros out there who lose games coz of people like com_pot who don't know how to press the fire button . My noble intention was in line with the majority opinion . 

Maverickdh #18 Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:24 PM

Captain

• 49932 battles
  • [BEAST]

View PostComrade_Potato, on 04 September 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

What you have missed here is when the reduced the XP rewards they introduced Gold to unlock XP for modules on tanks you do buy, which undermines the fact of grinding a tank as people can spend gold to buy credits and u lock a tank which is a major issue with the game right now, so many inexperienced players running around in high tiers not because they have progressed up the tiers and learnt the tanks and the game along they way, but because WG introduced a scheme of lowering the earning potential of credits and XP in favour of people buying them, people will argue this is a business it needs to make money, this is very short sighted and we all know nkw after 4 years the outcome, a declining game as most don’t pay  to play every day of the week, most can and probably do buy a tank they might like or buy Prem time, maybe plenty do slend money on the game but it’s not sufficient in numbers as showing by the decline in numbers, poor internet quality of service and servers, cost pay to play and continual growth of the potatoe gamers, buy they’re way through the game, incread AfKers angry or just malicious at the game for whatever reasons.

Comrade_Potato #19 Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:05 AM

Corporal

• 1067 battles
  • [TTD9]
thank you to; Diamond, Fireradical, BANGED, and Ambulant, as they have defended me from just trolling and given proper advice, which is quite useful, and diamond decrypted Gandalf's message. And also, I would not want to plat with you, Gandalf, as you would just bash me. Ambulant has actually given me a LOT of advice in-game.

Gandalf__Greyhame #20 Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostComrade_Potato, on 05 September 2018 - 04:05 AM, said:

thank you to; Diamond, Fireradical, BANGED, and Ambulant, as they have defended me from just trolling and given proper advice, which is quite useful, and diamond decrypted Gandalf's message. And also, I would not want to plat with you, Gandalf, as you would just bash me. Ambulant has actually given me a LOT of advice in-game.

You can plat with me anytime . I will show you exactly how to play . With my guidance you will become an amazing player in no time .

Also tagged with Grinding, credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users