Update 5.2

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #21 Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postwombat_15_1, on 21 August 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Forgive me if I am wrong, isn't there a tab called "Efficiency" which provides information on damage caused/enemy's spotted /amount of shot fired/enemy modules damaged etc etc etc which gives all that feedback without all the ribbons? 

That's right. But ribbons are not about post-battle analysis. They will explain new players what they have done instantly and will help to get used to game mechanics. 

Uchiha_Itachi_1 #22 Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:56 AM

Corporal

• 25292 battles
  • [SGTH1]
Question is, wont u get free camo after rating season is over? And wont u earn twister coins by playing rating battles which can be used to buy twister containers?

Uchiha_Itachi_1 #23 Posted 21 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• 25292 battles
  • [SGTH1]
Also can u mention the drop rate for Kp m41 Bulldog from twister crates?

Fleshcreep #24 Posted 21 August 2018 - 11:38 PM

Private

• 14717 battles
  • [OWTF]

I'm unable to play today on Windows 10 and there's no update in the Microsoft store.  When will the update be available?  I need to smash some tanks.

fjvhk #25 Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:33 AM

Sergeant

• 29295 battles
  • [ARMD]

View PostFleshcreep, on 22 August 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

... no update in the Microsoft store.  When will the update be available? ...

Frustrating, just have to visit forums instead....

On itunes for normal developers releasing updates, it takes up to 3 days for Apple to review and approve a new release. WG must get express service and somehow gets it turned around in a few hours (which still seems like an age when those hours are during user peak hours)

ms store will have a similar review policy and distribution delay.

Android store seems to be the fastest so if you have access to an android device you can jump the queue a bit.

:child:

Fleshcreep #26 Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:13 AM

Private

• 14717 battles
  • [OWTF]

View Postfjvhk, on 22 August 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

Frustrating, just have to visit forums instead....

On itunes for normal developers releasing updates, it takes up to 3 days for Apple to review and approve a new release. WG must get express service and somehow gets it turned around in a few hours (which still seems like an age when those hours are during user peak hours)

ms store will have a similar review policy and distribution delay.

Android store seems to be the fastest so if you have access to an android device you can jump the queue a bit.

:child:

I don't understand why they can't coordinate to 'turn on' the update at the same time as it is available from the stores so gamers don't get left with a game that doesn't work until the update is approved.  Or am I not understanding how this works...  ?

MikeyBeeee #27 Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Corporal

• 11532 battles

Another update....with Windows 10 being left far behind. 

Been so busy with work all week and have not been able to play since Saturday and when I finally do get a night available, I plan it to be on Blitz, get the beers in and the snacks, sit down in my chair and power up the game to find out an update has dropped but Windows 10 yet again does not have it.

Well, should not be surprised as its been a bad day all round what with an ATM not dispensing my money but taking it out of my balance anyway and being told I will now have to wait 10-15 days for them to do a stupid investigation. On top of that I can now not pay my internet bill tomorrow so expect to be cut until my next salary next week, my girlfriend threw her 2 inch heels at my dog in anger but cos of her lousy aim it hit me in the foot instead - oh and missed a major deadline at work so am not in the good books there.

Damnit you guys - this was supposed to be the GOOD part of a BAD day !!!

Get the update on WIndows 10 - PRONTO! 

MikeyBeeee #28 Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Corporal

• 11532 battles

HAHA - somebody is listening - as If my magic I go to the store and its downloading!!!!

Just watch my house explode or something now.

Fleshcreep #29 Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:59 PM

Private

• 14717 battles
  • [OWTF]

View PostMikeyBeeee, on 23 August 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

Another update....with Windows 10 being left far behind. 

Been so busy with work all week and have not been able to play since Saturday and when I finally do get a night available, I plan it to be on Blitz, get the beers in and the snacks, sit down in my chair and power up the game to find out an update has dropped but Windows 10 yet again does not have it.

Well, should not be surprised as its been a bad day all round what with an ATM not dispensing my money but taking it out of my balance anyway and being told I will now have to wait 10-15 days for them to do a stupid investigation. On top of that I can now not pay my internet bill tomorrow so expect to be cut until my next salary next week, my girlfriend threw her 2 inch heels at my dog in anger but cos of her lousy aim it hit me in the foot instead - oh and missed a major deadline at work so am not in the good books there.

Damnit you guys - this was supposed to be the GOOD part of a BAD day !!!

Get the update on WIndows 10 - PRONTO! 

Wow, if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all!  Hope your day is better now that they've FINALLY released the updated on the Microsoft Store.  I'm keen to see the new map.  Time to shoot someone in the hatch!

2OLD2CARE #30 Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 111732 battles
  • [FOTB]

View PostFleshcreep, on 22 August 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

Wow, if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all!  Hope your day is better now that they've FINALLY released the updated on the Microsoft Store.  I'm keen to see the new map.  Time to shoot someone in the hatch!

Not for me - 21 hours without now!!!

SonderAbteilung #31 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 51312 battles
  • [K1NG]

Hello RibbleStripe

Thank you for the update info here are some feedbacks for it . I sincerely hope you guys listen a bit and reply.

-Faust map .. fantastic.  Good job . Plz say thank you to map developpers

-ribbons . Nice and fun . It might be annoying for ppl that doesn't like that noise or when every action taken there is something saying about it. For me personally i like it. It's  a good thing. 

It would be in the future for when getting x amount of legendary ribbons , you will get a reward.  This might help to improve playerbase gameplay quality experience. 

- new rating system ... unfortunately. . No one is playing rating battles. So I don't have any feedback on it. 

You might wanna try a different approach on rating battles... more rewards and only tier X as example. 

I didn't try the new buffs on the blackprince and is 2 1945.. so no feedback on that. 

I m reaching 50 k games. Spent quite some money in the game and I still want to spend money on the game. However please. .. teach your playerbase how to play tanks. The mist frustrating thing for me is to buy a prem tank do very well in it . Know the game. Learned the mechanics.  But then your team are utter donkeys and don't even understand what the meaning of a fng tank is. ..  for me.. it is felt like i m throwing away money into a stu pid game with stu pid ppl... which I know it isn't.  But that's how I feel  when i see soo many trolls and donkeys. ... if ppl get lesser than 4 stars on MH.  Just don't allow them to play tier X. Higher tier gameplay is fun. But not with pro trolls and donkeys. Make military honor great again. .. if have 3 stars you can play tier 8. If have 4 stars you can play tier 9 . If have 5 stars you can play tier X. 

Thank you

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

Neb10k #32 Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

Captain

• 57399 battles
  • [KR0N0]

To improve Ratings - more rewards. Not win dependent.

reward good performance - team up votes (not platoon mate), damage per tier/class. 

Simple - just match ribbons to rewards.

Edited by Neb10k, 26 August 2018 - 09:53 AM.

RibbleStripe #33 Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:14 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostSonderAbteilung, on 23 August 2018 - 03:19 AM, said:

Hello RibbleStripe

Thank you for the update info here are some feedbacks for it . I sincerely hope you guys listen a bit and reply.

-Faust map .. fantastic.  Good job . Plz say thank you to map developpers

-ribbons . Nice and fun . It might be annoying for ppl that doesn't like that noise or when every action taken there is something saying about it. For me personally i like it. It's  a good thing. 

It would be in the future for when getting x amount of legendary ribbons , you will get a reward.  This might help to improve playerbase gameplay quality experience. 

- new rating system ... unfortunately. . No one is playing rating battles. So I don't have any feedback on it. 

You might wanna try a different approach on rating battles... more rewards and only tier X as example. 

I didn't try the new buffs on the blackprince and is 2 1945.. so no feedback on that. 

I m reaching 50 k games. Spent quite some money in the game and I still want to spend money on the game. However please. .. teach your playerbase how to play tanks. The mist frustrating thing for me is to buy a prem tank do very well in it . Know the game. Learned the mechanics.  But then your team are utter donkeys and don't even understand what the meaning of a fng tank is. ..  for me.. it is felt like i m throwing away money into a stu pid game with stu pid ppl... which I know it isn't.  But that's how I feel  when i see soo many trolls and donkeys. ... if ppl get lesser than 4 stars on MH.  Just don't allow them to play tier X. Higher tier gameplay is fun. But not with pro trolls and donkeys. Make military honor great again. .. if have 3 stars you can play tier 8. If have 4 stars you can play tier 9 . If have 5 stars you can play tier X. 

Thank you

Thanks for detailed feedback. 

View PostNeb10k, on 26 August 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

To improve Ratings - more rewards. Not win dependent.

reward good performance - team up votes (not platoon mate), damage per tier/class. 

Simple - just match ribbons to rewards.

Rating battle is competitive game mode. This is why win is vital. 

Good performance now counts. If you play well you'll get more points after win or lose less points after defeat.

One more time. Ribbons are not about awards. 

geronimonimo #34 Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28387 battles
  • [0_0]
What about server transfer of accounts? I know I’ve talked about this several times and I hate bothering with that but it’s been at least a year and half that such actions haven’t been taken. In my case, I need my account to be transferred to the EU server as I am not to go back to Asia within the foreseeable future (beyond two years). I also know how hard it is for Wargaming to operate through these actions, but the lack of them over that one year and half left me (and most likely others) play-less for several months. Are there any such plans to come within the near future? I’m really scared to miss the shot if there is one.

Ronnel_999 #35 Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

Sergeant

• 22055 battles
  • [BOOM2]

To WG's Administrator:

Since WG is giving much focus on the new players' welfare, what do you think about CREW SKILLS for them? Maxing out crew skills in this game takes too long, too hard and too expensive compared to other games. I have over 20,000 battles and my crew skills are barely increasing but still have a lot more than the newer players which puts them at a disadvantage. For example, I have a level 7 camo crew skills (I spent some gold and credits just to maxed it), meaning that I can stay invisible and can farm damage without them knowing who shot them. Then as what most newer player does, they'll try to go up tiers fast without proper Crew Skills and get obliterated by more experienced players more easily because they are basically handicapped without the proper crew skills which more experienced players have. If the crew skills are not this hard to grind and obtain, maybe new and old players will at least be on the same footing. I'm sure that not many new players will be spending their gold or their hard-earned silver for leveling up their crew skills and would rather use it to buy their next new higher tier tank, I think that making the crew skills more easily obtainable will benefit everybody. 

quangtanpro501 #36 Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:52 PM

Private

• 2002 battles
  • [HA_VN]
Touching secondary button once or continously makes game very lag, it have happened since the previous version was released, from windows 10 mobile.

Neb10k #37 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:49 AM

Captain

• 57399 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 28 August 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Thanks for detailed feedback. 

Rating battle is competitive game mode. This is why win is vital. 

Good performance now counts. If you play well you'll get more points after win or lose less points after defeat.

One more time. Ribbons are not about awards. 

Im not saying ribbons are about rewards. They give an indicator of performance. Why not reward the same parameters with points in Ratings battles?

Or, rename ratings battles to “win ratings battles”. If that’s you definintion of competition just go with it. See what happens.

The announcement showed a screenshot of the new system. You still lose points with a loss. That is punishing someone for playing well on a losing side.

Edited by Neb10k, 01 September 2018 - 02:51 AM.

erwin10001 #38 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• 34171 battles
  • [SEALZ]

did the update disable chat again?

seems like some of the chat channels have been down for some time and no fix in sight?

corona_2017 #39 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:48 PM

Corporal

• 2012 battles
  • [WAPN]
The English chat and 2 others have been broken for 3-4 days and they simply don't care. Even tickets don't get a response on it. The Chinese and Thai chat were not impacted, is this game anti-English now?

geronimonimo #40 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28387 battles
  • [0_0]

View Postcorona_2017, on 01 September 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

The English chat and 2 others have been broken for 3-4 days and they simply don't care. Even tickets don't get a response on it. The Chinese and Thai chat were not impacted, is this game anti-English now?

What the hell... how does that make any sense to you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users