Jump to content


Update 5.2


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

Ribbons

 

We're ready to announce one of next update's feature designed to help you track your actions in battle.

 

 

Full news text

 

The Faust map

 

Attention tankers! We've received a secret order from above. You have a chance to visit a heavily guarded military base located deep in the mountains. This is where the V-2 ballistic missiles were developed, tested, and launched. We hope you understand the importance of keeping this mission a secret.

 

Full news text

 

Rating battles improvements

 

Rating Battles in World of Tanks Blitz continue to evolve. In the upcoming updates, you will find many innovations, and with Update 5.2, the conditions for Rating Points will change.

 

Full news text

 

Update 5.2

 

Full news text



Uchiha_Itachi_1 #2 Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 24260 battles
  • 75
  • [SGTH1]
  • Member since:
    01-19-2017
Hmm whats this ? https://cdn.discorda...apture_form.png Easter egg for new event?

RibbleStripe #3 Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

View PostUchiha_Itachi_1, on 17 August 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Hmm whats this ? https://cdn.discorda...apture_form.png Easter egg for new event?

 

That's right )

Clan_Killer_1 #4 Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 252 battles
  • 1
  • [OC001]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2017
So when will the update arrive? Next week?

NocturnZing #5 Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 4035 battles
  • 88
  • [NZ]
  • Member since:
    10-16-2017
So many things that should be fixed on priority, yet they come up with This as a new feature, SMH :ohmy:

Ronnel_999 #6 Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21805 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017
Will this ribbons be permanently shown and permanently accumulate in the personal stat section or is it just eye candy for every battle?

What I really would like to see is personal score that accumulates like win rate so even if the team loses, the player will at least have something, knowing that he at least gave his share for his team.  With the recent amount of being placed in bad teams that even if you did top damage but the team loses, the player's stat is pulled down together with those who AFKed or did zero damage. It's just not fair for that certain player who used expensive provisions, consumables, fired lots of APCR and even had camo and full equipments on his tank in hope to win while his other teammates didn't even use their repair kit when they got tracked or fired HE because they didn't bring APCR... This might be a team game but not all team members are being on the same footing...
I may sound salty but I'm sure many if not all of us here have similar experiences. Just imagine doing 2,000 damage while the rest of your team does below 500 damage and some zero damage, then after the game you got a minus on your credits and a minus on your stat... 

Uchiha_Itachi_1 #7 Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:35 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 24260 battles
  • 75
  • [SGTH1]
  • Member since:
    01-19-2017
Go read the in game news b4 coming here and asking questions, no one is here to baby sit people

Ronnel_999 #8 Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21805 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View PostUchiha_Itachi_1, on 18 August 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Go read the in game news b4 coming here and asking questions, no one is here to baby sit people

 

I read it and even watch a video about it. The reason why I'm asking is that it's not clear to me. Don't be so arrogant

ZIGZAGZ #9 Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 15269 battles
  • 66
  • [KILLS]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2017

View PostUchiha_Itachi_1, on 18 August 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

Go read the in game news b4 coming here and asking questions, no one is here to baby sit people

 

Keep your mouth shut then, no one is here to hear you make a useless point.

People who want to answer, will answer him. Those who don't should just shut up.



pegassos2 #10 Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 352 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    01-01-2018

View PostRonnel_999, on 18 August 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Will this ribbons be permanently shown and permanently accumulate in the personal stat section or is it just eye candy for every battle?

What I really would like to see is personal score that accumulates like win rate so even if the team loses, the player will at least have something, knowing that he at least gave his share for his team.  With the recent amount of being placed in bad teams that even if you did top damage but the team loses, the player's stat is pulled down together with those who AFKed or did zero damage. It's just not fair for that certain player who used expensive provisions, consumables, fired lots of APCR and even had camo and full equipments on his tank in hope to win while his other teammates didn't even use their repair kit when they got tracked or fired HE because they didn't bring APCR... This might be a team game but not all team members are being on the same footing...
I may sound salty but I'm sure many if not all of us here have similar experiences. Just imagine doing 2,000 damage while the rest of your team does below 500 damage and some zero damage, then after the game you got a minus on your credits and a minus on your stat... 

 

You are absolutely right, exactly what I was thinking! 

Actual ribbons are meant to distinguish soldiers at all times (duty, parades, etc)! So why would they just being displayed or flashed during battle (and briefly after in the results), when everyone is "fighting", yet disappear after the battle?!? Which is indeed the absolute opposite of the real thing LOL

But they could hardly compensate for the often intense and at the end useless efforts in battles in the "current meta" and with the poorest player base ever and the most unbalanced teams ever (Don't give me that +-2 MM in the year dot  - again).  Why not telling the truth, and why do others always deny or ignore the obvious... ?!!? 


Edited by pegassos2, 18 August 2018 - 02:00 PM.


pegassos2 #11 Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:03 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 352 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    01-01-2018

View PostUchiha_Itachi_1, on 18 August 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Go read the in game news b4 coming here and asking questions, no one is here to baby sit people

 

Indeed arrogant and unnecessary.. sounds like an attempt to kill the messenger of the bad news.

Ronnel_999 #12 Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21805 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View Postpegassos2, on 18 August 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

You are absolutely right, exactly what I was thinking! 

Actual ribbons are meant to distinguish soldiers at all times (duty, parades, etc)! So why would they just being displayed or flashed during battle (and briefly after in the results), when everyone is "fighting", yet disappear after the battle?!? Which is indeed the absolute opposite of the real thing LOL

But they could hardly compensate for the often intense and at the end useless efforts in battles in the "current meta" and with the poorest player base ever and the most unbalanced teams ever (Don't give me that +-2 MM in the year dot  - again).  Why not telling the truth, and why do others always deny or ignore the obvious... ?!!? 

 

 
Exactly! I'm sure you are in the forces or a veteran who have served. My salute with a heel click to you :)
Maybe the developers should enlist and personally experience some real boot time to fully grasp the meaning of those ribbons.
Maybe they just don't get it... that even old retired veterans wear their ribbons / bars during veterans military parades long after their tour has ended. 
Making those ribbons disappear after a battle is like being Discharged Without Honor. 

NocturnZing #13 Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 4035 battles
  • 88
  • [NZ]
  • Member since:
    10-16-2017

you guys credit WG with excessive intelligence (while average intel is lacking), while MM continues to suck, how does this aesthetic stuff help Anyone????

They've already made medals meaningless by making them cumulative - how does a sealclubber getting multiple mastery badges in his KeNi at t3 mean Anything anymore?

What does a seasoned player getting multiple mastery badges in his OP JgdPz4 TD at t6 against the usual 40%WR fodder mean Anything anymore?

And now some momentary ribbons at the end of a battle to denote What exactly?



HAA_Br0Crusher2000 #14 Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12591 battles
  • 19
  • [HAA]
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015

I know, they are adding stuff that is unnecessary first and leaving the things that actually need to be fixed last.

 

Come on, WG. Learn how to prioritise.

 

On the other hand, ribbons do seem nice, and like Ronnel & pegassos said, it would be nicer if it was a permanent stat! :great:


"We Are One, But Many"

~ The Clan of HAA

 

Count your chances of losing before counting your kills/damage.


hater_ind #15 Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1179 battles
  • 115
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

View PostUchiha_Itachi_1, on 18 August 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Go read the in game news b4 coming here and asking questions, no one is here to baby sit people

nobody asking to you volunteer.:angry:


Edited by hater_ind, 19 August 2018 - 05:41 AM.


RibbleStripe #16 Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:09 AM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

View PostRonnel_999, on 18 August 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Will this ribbons be permanently shown and permanently accumulate in the personal stat section or is it just eye candy for every battle?

What I really would like to see is personal score that accumulates like win rate so even if the team loses, the player will at least have something, knowing that he at least gave his share for his team.  With the recent amount of being placed in bad teams that even if you did top damage but the team loses, the player's stat is pulled down together with those who AFKed or did zero damage. It's just not fair for that certain player who used expensive provisions, consumables, fired lots of APCR and even had camo and full equipments on his tank in hope to win while his other teammates didn't even use their repair kit when they got tracked or fired HE because they didn't bring APCR... This might be a team game but not all team members are being on the same footing...
I may sound salty but I'm sure many if not all of us here have similar experiences. Just imagine doing 2,000 damage while the rest of your team does below 500 damage and some zero damage, then after the game you got a minus on your credits and a minus on your stat... 

 

No, ribbons won't be accumulated and shown in profile. This feature is not about that. It will give players feedback on their actions which is vital for newbies. We realize experienced players might claim they don't need it and consider it useless. This is why we ask not to forget about newcomers and beginners. 

__Noobieman #17 Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8482 battles
  • 84
  • [AVSW]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2016

View PostRibbleStripe, on 20 August 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

 

No, ribbons won't be accumulated and shown in profile. This feature is not about that. It will give players feedback on their actions which is vital for newbies. We realize experienced players might claim they don't need it and consider it useless. This is why we ask not to forget about newcomers and beginners. 

 

Forget ribbons, can we just get a few more free random premium tanks out of the crates, no tank drop for a very long time (3 months) ? 

RibbleStripe #18 Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

View Post__Noobieman, on 20 August 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

 

Forget ribbons, can we just get a few more free random premium tanks out of the crates, no tank drop for a very long time (3 months) ? 

 

We don't plan to change those chances.

 

New map is coming!



Ronnel_999 #19 Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21805 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View PostRibbleStripe, on 20 August 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

 

No, ribbons won't be accumulated and shown in profile. This feature is not about that. It will give players feedback on their actions which is vital for newbies. We realize experienced players might claim they don't need it and consider it useless. This is why we ask not to forget about newcomers and beginners. 

 

Thank you for your reply.
My opinion about the importance of military ribbons/bars especially for people who have served in the military will never be understood by people who have never served in the forces... Blitz may be a game but since it's portraying military combat, I was expecting it to have at least some similarity to real service and at least retain the importance and dignity of those awards based on a noncivilian viewpoint. Beginner or not, there are several military protocols that never change. But since Blitz is a game, I understand that it is "alright to change military tradition".
Anyway, I will just turn mine off. 

wombat_15_1 #20 Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:25 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7535 battles
  • 47
  • [ANZAC]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2016

View PostRibbleStripe, on 20 August 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

 

No, ribbons won't be accumulated and shown in profile. This feature is not about that. It will give players feedback on their actions which is vital for newbies. We realize experienced players might claim they don't need it and consider it useless. This is why we ask not to forget about newcomers and beginners. 

Forgive me if I am wrong, isn't there a tab called "Efficiency" which provides information on damage caused/enemy's spotted /amount of shot fired/enemy modules damaged etc etc etc which gives all that feedback without all the ribbons? 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users