Playing another game while talking about WoT Blitz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ronnel_999 #1 Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:03 PM

Sergeant

• 21805 battles
  • [BOOM2]

Today while I was playing another game, I saw in global chat that they are talking about Blitz. I won't say the game's name but it's a fighter airplane dogfight game, similar to Blitz but with better graphics, better Match Making and with lots of players. Not much personal chat happening but a lot-lot less salt being thrown by angry players...

There was a guy who asked in global chat if anyone plays WoT Blitz. Players replied back and it seems that many of them have played or have tried Blitz but was disappointed and left. Most of the comments were salty about how Blitz Match Making sucks. Many of them just wrote "LOL, Pay2Win, game full of noobs, game for grandpas", etc. Some of them even shared why they left. The chat stayed on the same topic for about 30 minutes and it was sad to see Blitz from the outside or from old players who left the game and from some players who sometimes play Blitz but are not passionate about the game. Most of them couldn't stand how the win rate is being displayed in Blitz that even if you did top damage but lost because most of your teammates are clueless zombies with 40% to 45% who yolos and die in less than a minute or just camp at spawn with their BBQ and rainbow parasols and working on their tan, that your image/stat gets pulled down the drain and become a mindless zombie too. Many players say that they don't care about stats or win rate, but in reality, many do care about their image. These people are not new to online gaming and I guess that though they know that it's a team game, they also want to see how they did as a solo entity so that even if they keep on losing because of bad matchmaking and being paired to potato players, maybe they still want to see their contribution from a single person's perspective to prove that at least they did some work. Maybe this is why there are so many AFKs in Blitz because those guys can just say that my team sux, but in reality, they were the ones who abandoned their team. One player even jokingly stated that Blitz should have a zero damage and an AFK counter and should be penalized with silver or gold, haha!

Many were very disappointed by the saltiness in Blitz chat and there were 2 players who said that they even told their kids to uninstall and never play the game because players just don't have proper manners. One said that his son played his tier 8 premium which he just bought and his son got gang-raged in battle chat and private chat. Yes, we all hate gold noobs in our team who plays higher tiers and couldn't carry but they bought the premium tank and they too have the right to play whatever tier they want to play whether we like it or not... He said that his son got the "F you and die" from several private messages and his son retaliated back by saying the same thing because it was his only defense. Naturally, the dad got angry because he said that his son never used the "F" word and he thinks that the game has lots of arrogant players and gives a bad example, especially for children. I got so used to seeing saltiness in battle and private chat that I thought that profanity is normal for online gaming especially in Blitz, but in reality, there are still lots of people who won't buy the profanity BS.

There was a player who said that there is way too much game mechanics going on that he has to devote so much game time just to learn them properly. I told the player that though Blitz doesn't have a proper tanking tutorial, that he can watch good Blitz tutorials on YouTube and he said that he doesn't have the time to watch YouTube just to learn the tutorials for a game that he is just trying out. He even added that he plays PUBG which is more complex without watching YouTube and why should he watch a tank tutorial. Hmmmmm???? 

One thing I noticed that many players said that they really didn't like about Blitz is that there is no personal battle stat and even if you make good in a game and did lots of damage and did lots of kills, that all your effort goes down the drain if my donkey team loses. Another is that if a player got disconnected for some reason, he will go AFK but in the airplane game a notice will pop out and the remaining players will get notified that a bot will replace that certain someone. 

Another person said that bots there are quite intelligent and will really chase and shoot the enemy unlike in Blitz where bots are dumb. And another one said that it is normal to see several zero scores in Blitz but never in that airplane game because even bots there will make at least 2000 dmg and never go camping, and if we are really unlucky, bots there will even wolfpack firing machine guns, cannons, and missiles to a specific target.

It was sad to read the chat how those players made fun of Blitz but what can I do? I do love Blitz but the things that they said were all true. 

I hope that Blitz can catch up with the new games and maybe fix the quality of the chat and bad matchmaking. In my opinion, it is better to put more resources on how to make Blitz a less dissatisfying game than regularly trying to balance tanks on every update. It's just sad to know what other players think about Blitz... 

PS: This didn't come from me so please don't be angry. I just shared what I read in the global chat about what other gamers think about Blitz... By the way, I did try to defend Blitz but sadly I lost...

Edited by Ronnel_999, 09 August 2018 - 06:59 PM.

hater_ind #2 Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

Sergeant

• 1225 battles
  • [BOOM2]

bddy game name please.

i m really interested:)

Ronnel_999 #3 Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

Sergeant

• 21805 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View Posthater_ind, on 09 August 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

bddy game name please.

i m really interested:)

Will PM you the game's name :)

Edited by Ronnel_999, 09 August 2018 - 02:26 PM.

Freelancer_Tesla #4 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:42 AM

Sergeant

• 17500 battles
  • [MAS]

1) Saltiness: Yep, game is a giant salt mine now. Bad teams, abusive players, nonsensical RNG, what's there not to get your blood pumping (and not in the exciting sort of way)?

2) Game mechanics: If you boil it all the way down, the only mechanics required to play Blitz decently are:

• Aim
  • Use cover
  • Situational awareness
  • Did I mention use cover?

Guaranteed, you don't have to become a master at side scraping, or a sniper ace but for goodness sake, at least learn those three. In fact, play any other FPS game and those three skills will be still required as they are pretty much the basics.

3) WG's idea to fix this was Rating Battles, but we can all agree it was pretty much a complete failure at achieving that.

4) We have bots?!

Frequents higher tiers, because I hate tractors armed with high-caliber rifles.

Plays a mix of well, everything.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

- General George S. Patton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users