BANNING PLAYERS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

Maverickdh #61 Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:59 PM

Captain

• 61472 battles
  • [BEAST]

So not much has changed as expected.

Also as expected, I got a warning for naming and shaming, and as noted by others in this thread, War Gamming is not interested in its players who have supported the game, invested in the game and once loved the game, I have known this for sometime and still have tried to support the game itself, even though I honestly do not like the company or how they do business or how they conduct themselves.

I am sure though they’re are dedicated people developers and others who have tried to improve this attitude but it seems they also are a minority voice, to those people thank you for trying to make the game want it should have been and how it should have been conducted.

So maybe my last post and if so I am fine with that, I will not be spending another cent on this game, I will also be spending less time on the game and only play a once our international cable is restored and because of what I have invested in the game no other reason.

I also have screenshot, hope you are reading this WG, advertising in game through the form of video for gold and will be forwarding this to the appropiate authorities re illegal advertising of gaming to minors, in this country atleast a breech of advertising law and standard, already our country is looking into online purchases with credit card on games who what age and how it’s is accessed, 

So maybe karma maybe will be pay back, I make no apologies for this,  any things in the been offfensive and away policy or lack of and enabling of players I have exposed above is just one example as is gambling adverts and offensive names. 

I make no apologies for naming said player, whomever it is is clearly not here to play but to cause beyond offensive behaviour and still continues even though some action I don’t know what was taken, week later back again same behaviour. 

If players like Fos want to continue to enable then I  can only assume the maturity and character and values reflect Wargammings or those players are involved with WG on some level.

To those good people left, good luck, enjoy what you can and advise don’t spend money you are wasting it, might as well burn it or flush it down the toliet. Yours or amnDs money so do what you will.

Good luck.

Mav done.

example of game play after latest fantasy tanks in store, well done. WG prob gave them all a medal.

https://i.imgur.com/A2S8M4c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ixoHVQC.png

https://i.imgur.com/fVLT36e.png

Edited by Maverickdh, 20 September 2018 - 09:39 PM.

The_Gaffer #62 Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:30 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Postdoutei_magic, on 21 September 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

Yeah that.. THANKS! The point I was making was that in the past they claimed we didn't called them out on it. I was referencing the publication in the news feed as some sort of trivia that ASIA server was oblivious etc. 

don't wanna derail the thread.

How ironic.. almost everyone here got banned/warned.. The exact opposite of what was meant for this thread and all the other related threads were intended for.

Feedback... reference material for others who harbour any hopes of things getting better or who wish to help the game in a positive way

Not all mods/admins are like that. In fact, some are very good.(in the past) But I feel that there is one in particular that isn't exactly up to the same standard that needs to improve IMHO. If constructive feedback would be appreciated, this game still has so much potential rather than its current form.

Maybe you guys might want to do a search with the following keywords: name of moderator(be specific), moderator, WOT... 

After you get a better understanding, then you would be in a better position to assess if theres a chance in reasoning or it is a shot in the dark(with no bullets). In my personal opinion, I realise it is seriously pointless because in every other forum that I viewed, the situation is basically the same. Simply no reasoning. Standard operating Procedure is to ban/warn/lock everyone despite the context of the situation. 

So I give up.. No wonder it took more than 10 updates later to "realise" how bad the spare parts were... Losing a huge chunk of the player base.. then implementing the low tier nerf which drove even more away. 

You're dead right. I just can't resist posting that screenshot when the invisible tanks update is mentioned. It was certainly a surprise the first time you encounter it. Shots raining in from nowhere. Once you get used to it you can try shooting at where the shot appeared to come from but the first time you assume it must have been long range because you can't see anyone. :) 

It is indeed farcical that the destructive players basically get protected by the moderators and the players attempting to expose them are penalised.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

The_Gaffer #63 Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:45 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostMaverickdh, on 21 September 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

If players like Fos want to continue to enable then I  can only assume the maturity and character and values reflect Wargammings or those players are involved with WG on some level.

Hey, Mav. Ignore Fos, mate — he's been trolling the forums since way back when Bushka and Pimp_Daddy were regular posters. You know that. He just says that to wind people up. You're a better player than he is anyway, so it's just funny. 

wasaabi #64 Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:30 AM

Private

• 10 battles

What you need is for the Wargaming Community team to contribute. Moderators are not employees of WG and we are here to enforce the Forum Rules, if you observe the rules then you won't get red penned.

I would suggest you PM one of the WG Admins to get them to come to the forums and communicate with you.

doutei_magic #65 Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:17 AM

Corporal

• 69 battles
  • [HBC]

View Postwasaabi, on 22 September 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

What you need is for the Wargaming Community team to contribute. Moderators are not employees of WG and we are here to enforce the Forum Rules, if you observe the rules then you won't get red penned.

I would suggest you PM one of the WG Admins to get them to come to the forums and communicate with you.

Did that multiple times. Pleaded, requested, etc  Sent them screens, links and all as well. Tried getting the team to contribute.

Got replies. They pretty much didn't want to do anything. Maybe you should try as well.

As I have already mentioned, posting on forums for me was last resort. Most here have already tried all other avenues to no avail.

It's pretty much the same with the other language forums. 

In fact, if I'm not wrong, they even invited a known cheater for ratings to their special event as a VIP guest? despite people submitting evidences. 

Seriously! Are you aware of this? Go check.  

So now why do you think people are unhappy with the situation? It is no secret, people are leaving the game. 3 major exoduses thus far.

Nobody is really bothered about your tiny little red pen, you just gave them another reason to leave especially under such circumstances.

Made worse when you ban almost everybody without first checking the context of the situation.

Observe, understand first. Whats the hurry? You could always ban at a later date right? No need to rush.

I can also appreciate the fact that being a mod could be a thankless job.

However, you were not doing anybody any favours. neither for yourself, WG nor the community player base. 

E.g. Maverickdh has almost 60k games since 2014. If only you were a little more informed or took more time to do so, we wouldn't have lost another player. 

His friends may get bored and start leaving. A negative chain-reaction. 

Look at the building list of complaints all over. No customer support, non-existent Team.. 

So everybody came here to get heard. But you sanction them. Don't blame the customers.

At the this rate, you would have to lock or sanction 90% of the threads here. 

Keep doing it and you won't have a forum to moderate. People will just leave. 

Rather than us, why don't you try contacting the team to start getting involved? We tried. What about you? Surely you stand a higher chance of getting them involved. 

Edited by doutei_magic, 22 September 2018 - 03:06 PM.

JellyMcBean13 #66 Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:28 AM

Corporal

• 6723 battles

Just found a pair of guys in tier 4 platoon.

Pz B2 - WR 29% avg dmg 35

A20 - WR 23% avg dmg 25

If your team with these 2 afkers, will you have any chance to win?

The_Gaffer #67 Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:23 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Postdoutei_magic, on 22 September 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Did that multiple times. Pleaded, requested, etc  Sent them screens, links and all as well. Tried getting the team to contribute.

Got replies. They pretty much didn't want to do anything. Maybe you should try as well.

As I have already mentioned, posting on forums for me was last resort. Most here have already tried all other avenues to no avail.

It's pretty much the same with the other language forums. 

In fact, if I'm not wrong, they even invited a known cheater for ratings to their special event as a VIP guest? despite people submitting evidences. 

Seriously! Are you aware of this? Go check.  

So now why do you think people are unhappy with the situation? It is no secret, people are leaving the game. 3 major exoduses thus far.

Nobody is really bothered about your tiny little red pen, you just gave them another reason to leave especially under such circumstances.

Made worse when you ban almost everybody without first checking the context of the situation.

Observe, understand first. Whats the hurry? You could always ban at a later date right? No need to rush.

I can also appreciate the fact that being a mod could be a thankless job.

However, you were not doing anybody any favours. neither for yourself, WG nor the community player base. 

E.g. Maverickdh has almost 60k games since 2014. If only you were a little more informed or took more time to do so, we wouldn't have lost another player. 

His friends may get bored and start leaving. A negative chain-reaction. 

Look at the building list of complaints all over. No customer support, non-existent Team.. 

So everybody came here to get heard. But you sanction them. Don't blame the customers.

At the this rate, you would have to lock or sanction 90% of the threads here. 

Keep doing it and you won't have a forum to moderate. People will just leave. 

Rather than us, why don't you try contacting the team to start getting involved? We tried. What about you? Surely you stand a higher chance of getting them involved. 

Damn, that’s well said. People threatening to leave is usually dismissed as dramatics but there is no doubt in my mind that the player base is declining. Moreover, as you say, there are a significant number of long-term fans of the game giving it up. While it follows that eventually people lose interest it seems a disproportionate amount of committed players are turning their backs. And there is a ripple effect. Certain players leave and others, often their regular platoon mates, start playing less.

I don’t think it bothers WG at all though as long-term players have typically spent most of the money they will spend on the game already. They want new players who aren’t jaded and who will splash out on the overpriced bundles without realising that it’s not worth it.

Hence the lower tier changes. It’s all about new players.

Gandalf__Greyhame #68 Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]
I am an excellent communicator . If WG want any advice regarding how to communicate with the players , I am always ready to help . 

Ambulant #69 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 58596 battles
  • [A-WTN]

During my few days of being banned from this forum, it took me a while to figure out how to repost

Again. Every single day, the

Same AFK troll has been frequently playing, still doing nothing in game. In fact, I used all my downvotes on

Him last night. Telling us not to name and shame is laudable, when the intent is to minimise abuse of any particular player, but when it becomes strikingly

Evident that someone is abusing the system and gets away with it, then what do you expect the player base to do?

Not naming the player does not help the situation. He has 23000 games, and a total of 3500 downvotes for inactivity or unsporting conduct. Just

Yesterday alone, I bumped into him for at least 4 games I think. That means he has spoilt the games of 52 players! That is

Evidently not enough, if you count the average number of games per day he has been reported in total, about 200! Please

Yank his sorry behind out of this game please! He would have ruined by 3500 complaints, the

Entire games of 45500 players! Just saying. I'm not naming and shaming. Anything can create a typographical coincidence, just like Stalin's RnG.

Edited by Ambulant, 24 September 2018 - 12:00 AM.

The_Gaffer #70 Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:09 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostAmbulant, on 24 September 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

During my few days of being banned from this forum, it took me a while to figure out how to repost

Same AFK troll has been frequently playing, still doing nothing in game. In fact, I used all my downvotes on

Him last night. Telling us not to name and shame is laudable, when the intent is to minimise abuse of any particular player, but when it becomes strikingly

Evident that someone is abusing the system and gets away with it, then what do you expect the player base to do?

Not naming the player does not help the situation. He has 23000 games, and a total of 3500 downvotes for inactivity or unsporting conduct. Just

Yesterday alone, I bumped into him for at least 4 games I think. That means he has spoilt the games of 52 players! That is

Evidently not enough, if you count the average number of games per day he has been reported in total, about 200! Please

Yank his sorry behind out of this game please! He would have ruined by 3500 complaints, the

Entire games of 45500 players! Just saying. I'm not naming and shaming. Anything can create a typographical coincidence, just like Stalin's RnG.

Nice, Ambulant. There's something very wrong that you receive a forum ban and trolls get to keep going with impunity. You can't point out problems with the system but you can be part of the problem. 

If more people frequented the forums and the player base was in any way organised, a mass boycott (not playing for a week or something like it) might get their attention but few players really care about the game. Most just want to shoot something and get back to their lives. You can't really blame them. It's a mobile game, after all. There is no reason they should take it any more seriously than any other mobile game. They're time-wasters, essentially.

JellyMcBean13 #71 Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

Corporal

• 6723 battles

View PostAmbulant, on 24 September 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

I play another tier to avoid facing this bot, but sadly I found another afkers. Even worse, they are in platoon.

In statistical point of view, wr% of single afker is around 30%. For platooning afkers, wr% is around 20%.

doutei_magic #72 Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

Corporal

• 69 battles
  • [HBC]

What you need is for the Wargaming Community team to contribute. 

What we need is for you to get the Wargaming Community to contribute. 

Moderators are not employees of WG and we are here to enforce the Forum Rules, if you observe the rules then you won't get red penned.

Precisely.  You are Senior Mod for WOTB, Mod for WOT and super tester for WOWs and you have been around since 2012. You volunteered right? or at least you assumed these duties on your own accord. You have a far better reach than us.

Your instructions to us was akin to a tour guide asking the tourist for directions. 

In light of No Customer support, Non existent Team, and all these happening under your watch, and you being the only active mod. If your Team and Customer Support are not supporting you in handling your duties, it is on you to sound some alarms. As a Mod, is it wrong to say you represent WG and/or the community and act as a bridge of communication or convey the situation (cheating, exploits etc)etc? From every angle, you are more accountable than any of us so don't push the blame/responsibilities to support or WG team or even us! Time to shoulder some responsibilities. It would also be hypocritical to wave your little red pen around yet do nothing to solve anything. 

Finally, I would suggest you PM one of the WG admins to get them to come to the forums and facilitate you in fixing their game.

For those that agree, show your support and click the green up button, bottom right. Thanks 

Edited by doutei_magic, 24 September 2018 - 11:51 AM.

Fosknow #73 Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:24 AM

Captain

• 49911 battles
  • [-IQ-]

Blah blah blah

Face the facts, most players are bad.

no other comment

The__Trooper #74 Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:17 AM

Sergeant

• 778 battles

View PostFosknow, on 25 September 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Blah blah blah

no other comment

Are you always this eloquent and constructive? :D

G_Unit #75 Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:36 AM

Corporal

• 10181 battles
  • [TNIAD]

View PostFosknow, on 25 September 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

Blah blah blah

no other comment

Says the one who complained about getting downvoted every now and then.

Ambulant #76 Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 58596 battles
  • [A-WTN]

Definitely come to the conclusion that Wargaming doesn't care about players going

AFK. Every

Single day since I last posted,

He has been playing. I used my

Every downvote, until I ran out.

Never have I seen such non-action.

Yesterday was no exception. His battle number grows.

Everyday I am tempted to rant but I held back till now.

Yet the only consolation I have is that

Even Wasaabi seems to have gone AFK from the forum.

The_Gaffer #77 Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:52 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostAmbulant, on 27 September 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Definitely come to the conclusion that Wargaming doesn't care about players going

AFK. Every

Single day since I last posted,

He has been playing. I used my

Every downvote, until I ran out.

Never have I seen such non-action.

Yesterday was no exception. His battle number grows.

Everyday I am tempted to rant but I held back till now.

Yet the only consolation I have is that

Even Wasaabi seems to have gone AFK from the forum.

Top class, Ambulant! 

Gandalf__Greyhame #78 Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostThe_Gaffer, on 27 September 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

Top class, Ambulant! 

LOL , praising himself . Ambnlt , 2o2c , gaffer and every one in shire clan is the same person . Can't fool me .

Ambulant #79 Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 58596 battles
  • [A-WTN]
What are you drinking Esh? I'll like to have some too. I'm definitely a different person from The Real Gandalf. I don't think he's got that much free time to make the combined games played amongst the guys you mentioned. Not by bot or afk methods, that is.

Gandalf__Greyhame #80 Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostAmbulant, on 27 September 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

What are you drinking Esh? I'll like to have some too. I'm definitely a different person from The Real Gandalf. I don't think he's got that much free time to make the combined games played amongst the guys you mentioned. Not by bot or afk methods, that is.

Okay maybe not u but 2o2c and Gaffer is the same . And everyone in Shire are definitely alt accounts of gaffer . He has multiple accounts . cant fool me . Any old Ausie out here is him unless proven otherwise .

Edited by Gandalf__Greyhame, 27 September 2018 - 08:44 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users