BANNING PLAYERS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

ZIGZAGZ #1 Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:39 AM

Sergeant

• 23839 battles
  • [KILLS]

I'm a regular visitor of the Chat Ban as i enjoy scolding imbeciles who ruin my game. 

I usually am muted 90% of the time. And thats all fair since i'm not about to stop scolding people. And will never stop.

However, why is it so easy to chat ban me (7-8 provocative comm reports), as compared to people witht ons of Unsporting Conduct or Inactivity reports?

I see people running around ruining games with 190+ reports on Inactivity.. AND HE'S STILL IN MY GAME INACTIVE.

I see people intentionally entering games to do nothing and watch and laugh as their team die, just so they can get more negative reports. 

This guy with +80 unsporting conduct, and he has never gotten a ban before?

Come on, why is provocative speech punished more than the people who literally ruin the game by being inactive or intentionally doing 0 damage and pushing other tanks etc? Mine affects player moods, but the others affect match results. Why does only provocative talking get banned?

TLDR: Why does only Provocative Comms get met with swift action from WG? What about Unsporting Behaviour & Inactivity? Why do i always meet these people 2-3 times a day?

Edited by BANGED, 31 July 2018 - 05:06 AM.

The_Gaffer #2 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

I would hazard a guess that it’s got less to do with your votes and more to do with being reported to WG. That is, someone may have taken the time to contact WG to complain about you. It is much easier to get a result from that than from inactivity or unsporting conduct as the latter two require multiple screen shots, taken minutes apart, and even then it seldom results in any action being taken. 

It is also easier for them to auto-ban on Provocative Comms as they can be fairly sure you said something provocative if it, well, provoked people. :) 

Unsporting and inactivity are more complicated. You will see many players complaining that they were voted for Unsporting when they carried the game and did nothing wrong. Same with Inactivity votes for players who were not inactive but were deemed to not have done enough. Sometimes just for being the last one alive on your team, even if you were contributing. It’s a little more rare to receive a Provocative Comms vote if you didn’t say anything provocative or even anything at all, although it does happen.

Edited by The_Gaffer, 28 July 2018 - 03:08 PM.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

obidos #3 Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

Private

• 43661 battles
  • [FW190]

you are right. why is telling the truth to a player who is noobie with less than 50% WR causes a player to be banned. sometimes you have to scold players in the PM chat who are rude in game, their messages in game should also be investigated. why should a player be banned if his honor rating is good?. I have a good honor rating and I have ben banned by rudely responding to an irritating player. those who have been behaving bad and with untrustworthy players should be banned. 

Edited by obidos, 28 July 2018 - 04:00 PM.

Prince_Juckslasher #4 Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:19 AM

Sergeant

• 14414 battles
  • [TRFS]
Your point is completely invalid because you don't know if they are getting chat bans or not. Chat bans are based on tickets made by people against you while the honour system is more about the quick report after the battle. Those who are constantly down voted are those who receive things like Less XP, Less Credits and probably if you get enough provocative communication down votes a short time you may receive and instant automated chat ban. All of this is my guess on what happens with the honour system but i'm not exactly sure at what the punishments are for constantly getting down voted. The system is flawed either way because you can get a down vote by the salty sh*t heads in the game saying report this guy for playing bad which discourages players from playing. This game is not noob friendly at all. Things that need to be changed are removal of the honour system and not the low tier tanks which is War Gaming plan for version 5.3. There are so many better things that they can do to improve the game for the newer player base and my opinion is they are taking the wrong approach. To clarify again this is all my opinion don't flippin give me a warning again for having an opinion.

Wishlist: Oceania Server

100 variants of the T-34-85

Ambulant #5 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 53413 battles
  • [FLAME]
But what words do you scold them with? There is salty and there is saltier and there is toxic. Let's have bit more info here thanks.

Dangerous_when_Sober #6 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:27 AM

Captain

• 61598 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostJuckslasherZ, on 29 July 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

Your point is completely invalid because you don't know if they are getting chat bans or not. Chat bans are based on tickets made by people against you while the honour system is more about the quick report after the battle. Those who are constantly down voted are those who receive things like Less XP, Less Credits and probably if you get enough provocative communication down votes a short time you may receive and instant automated chat ban. All of this is my guess on what happens with the honour system but i'm not exactly sure at what the punishments are for constantly getting down voted. The system is flawed either way because you can get a down vote by the salty sh*t heads in the game saying report this guy for playing bad which discourages players from playing. This game is not noob friendly at all. Things that need to be changed are removal of the honour system and not the low tier tanks which is War Gaming plan for version 5.3. There are so many better things that they can do to improve the game for the newer player base and my opinion is they are taking the wrong approach. To clarify again this is all my opinion don't flippin give me a warning again for having an opinion.

I agree - no MH till tier V. It would help players understand that tier V and above is the serious side.

ZIGZAGZ #7 Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• 23839 battles
  • [KILLS]

Its not completely invalid. I had a clan mate who once tried to collect as many negative votes as possible. Like some medal as if.

-230+ negative reports later, he never got BANNED. Not even ONCE. Mostly unsporting behaviour.

Then there's me who's a regular for being muted (WHICH I AM COOL WITH) since i shoot my mouth at people all the time in-game. And i see myself getting warnings after 4-5 prov comms reports over the week. And then suddenly im muted. And since i'm a regular, i get muted for 15~days per mute haha. But i don't really care

My whole point here is that. WHY IS PROVOCATIVE COMM. THE ONLY ASPECT THAT GETS RUN DOWN BY WG ALL THE TIME?

Isn't being inactive in a game even more damaging to gameplay and enjoyment of the 11 other players in the game?

Also, can i ask, how come System messages like "Capture!" "Help!" or "Attack!" are part of the mute? Sometimes i forget that i'm muted and i click it, and a system message would pop up telling me that i'm muted. The best part is that my tank stops EVERYTHING that its doing, until i click the darn OK button with my mouse... Joke. I have since replaced all my hotkeys for the system messages, so even if i forget that i'm muted, nothing pops up. 

Edited by BANGED, 29 July 2018 - 01:05 PM.

kunanyi #8 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:55 PM

Corporal

• 25561 battles
  • [_ATB_]

me being only 43% yet played about 19,000 battles really cant comment on gameplay....but I will...

Provoc comms user deserves to be banned and permanently banned if is continuous offender full stop

Its rare seeing an inactive team mate, you must be unlucky, and no it doesn't ruin a battle as much as some one TYPING IN CAPS at you or your team

What is your point when abusing players whilst battling, please answer this?

Personally it affects me even when its not directed at me it ruins the game in seconds, at least an in active player doesn't complain about their team mates.

In one breath you want to be a serious commander but really would you speak provoc comms to your leader and team mates...a real fighter doesn't blame team mates full stop...oh thats right its a game.

why don't you use the energy to train up players or don't play at all, the world doesn't revolve around you sorry dear

Ambulant #9 Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 53413 battles
  • [FLAME]

View Postkunanyi, on 30 July 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

me being only 43% yet played about 19,000 battles really cant comment on gameplay....but I will...

Provoc comms user deserves to be banned and permanently banned if is continuous offender full stop

Its rare seeing an inactive team mate, you must be unlucky, and no it doesn't ruin a battle as much as some one TYPING IN CAPS at you or your team

Personally it affects me even when its not directed at me it ruins the game in seconds, at least an in active player doesn't complain about their team mates.

In one breath you want to be a serious commander but really would you speak provoc comms to your leader and team mates...a real fighter doesn't blame team mates full stop...oh thats right its a game.

why don't you use the energy to train up players or don't play at all, the world doesn't revolve around you sorry dear

People don't use comms for no reason. If you camp, go to silly places, block your team, block their shots, then some people will let you know in game. If you are unlucky, they can get salty. If you get messages to help you improve your situation in game, but you don't respond, some people will use caps. It's amazing how one gets less of such messages when one gets good and plays better. Not trolling, but seriously 19k games at 43, and I did look at your stats in detail. Not pretty. Watch your own replays. And don't go garage straight away after you die. Seriously, watch the good guys play all the way to the end. Of course it's getting harder nowadays as the quality of gameplay I feel (I'm biased) has deteriorated. Am I polite enough?

ZIGZAGZ #10 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:14 AM

Sergeant

• 23839 battles
  • [KILLS]

View Postkunanyi, on 30 July 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

LOL.

Look at your entire comment not once mentioning "Unsporting Behaviour" or "Inactivity"

Especially considering that the screenshots posted in this thread at that of these types of players.

If you actually know how to read, you'd realise i have continuously mentioned that it is right and fine to Chat Ban me for provocative communications.

But somehow, its about you and your need for others to be responsible for your inadequacies? And no one is allowed to reprimand you?

Since when has scolding now not been considered teaching? Teachers, mentors, parents, managers, bosses.

Moreover, never once did i mention that i want to be a 'serious commander'. Are you creating a straw-man argument here?

"What is your point when abusing players whilst battling, please answer this?"?

For you to get good or get out, drop a tier go back where you belong. To show that you're not welcome in a higher tier if you're going to pull stunts like suiciding at the start of the battle, or driving MTs and clustering in one corner waiting for people to die 1 at a time, or expecting miracles like enemies walking into your scope on their own, then yes you'd be scolded.

OR for you to understand where you messed up. Not everyone needs to speak to you like you're a 5 year old requiring childcare.

Do you think people raise their voices for No Reason? Do you really think I go around saying "wow you did average damage you're bad." or more likely "wow 0 damage the entire game. go back to tier 1"? Do you think i go "wow you noob you missed a shot" or more likely "wow you missed 3 in a row. WTH?". Do you think i go "wow you dont know how to play" or i go "its 2v2, why did you run away you mor*n"? Do you think i scold players who didn't deserve it for fun? Or do you think i scolded players who didn't use their brains in game?

You know, a 50%+ wr player does not look that out of his league in a tier X game. But a 40% player, a 30% player. Takes less than 10seconds, and you can alr know he's one.

Sorry, nothing can ruin the game more than AFK players and players that intentionally push your tank or block your shots for fun.

So, before you add another useless comment to this thread, how about you answer why Unsporting Behaviour and Inactivity do not get the same level of punishment that Provocative Communication does?

Because this thread is not about defending PC. You fool.

Edited by BANGED, 31 July 2018 - 06:02 AM.

Jumper919029291 #11 Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5154 battles

View PostBANGED, on 31 July 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

LOL.

Look at your entire comment not once mentioning "Unsporting Behaviour" or "Inactivity"

Especially considering that the screenshots posted in this thread at that of these types of players.

If you actually know how to read, you'd realise i have continuously mentioned that it is right and fine to Chat Ban me for provocative communications.

But somehow, its about you and your need for others to be responsible for your inadequacies? And no one is allowed to reprimand you?

Since when has scolding now not been considered teaching? Teachers, mentors, parents, managers, bosses.

Moreover, never once did i mention that i want to be a 'serious commander'. Are you creating a straw-man argument here?

"What is your point when abusing players whilst battling, please answer this?"?

For you to get good or get out, drop a tier go back where you belong. To show that you're not welcome in a higher tier if you're going to pull stunts like suiciding at the start of the battle, or driving MTs and clustering in one corner waiting for people to die 1 at a time, or expecting miracles like enemies walking into your scope on their own, then yes you'd be scolded.

OR for you to understand where you messed up. Not everyone needs to speak to you like you're a 5 year old requiring childcare.

Do you think people raise their voices for No Reason? Do you really think I go around saying "wow you did average damage you're bad." or more likely "wow 0 damage the entire game. go back to tier 1"? Do you think i go "wow you noob you missed a shot" or more likely "wow you missed 3 in a row. WTH?". Do you think i go "wow you dont know how to play" or i go "its 2v2, why did you run away you mor*n"? Do you think i scold players who didn't deserve it for fun? Or do you think i scolded players who didn't use their brains in game?

You know, a 50%+ wr player does not look that out of his league in a tier X game. But a 40% player, a 30% player. Takes less than 10seconds, and you can alr know he's one.

Sorry, nothing can ruin the game more than AFK players and players that intentionally push your tank or block your shots for fun.

So, before you add another useless comment to this thread, how about you answer why Unsporting Behaviour and Inactivity do not get the same level of punishment that Provocative Communication does?

Because this thread is not about defending PC. You fool.

I do think it would be a good idea to be a bit nicer. You can inform the players about what they should do, not just throw derogatory language at them. For the trolls, just ignore them. What's the point of raging at them and getting banned as a result? They want your attention in the first place. They enjoy seeing people rage due to their behaviour and absolutely love it when they get banned as a result. Like I said, there is no point in being rude at people. It only ruins your reputation(Well, if you don't care about reputation, then this won't matter to you.) and gives you a high chance of being chat banned. You would probobly know that chat ban also means that you can't send radio messages in game or ping the map. That can be very frustrating at times, so I advise you to keep out from being contiunously chat banned. It WILL end up in a permanent ban eventually and from that point, you are done.

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!

ZIGZAGZ #12 Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• 23839 battles
  • [KILLS]

View PostJumper919029291, on 31 July 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

I do think it would be a good idea to be a bit nicer. You can inform the players about what they should do, not just throw derogatory language at them. For the trolls, just ignore them. What's the point of raging at them and getting banned as a result? They want your attention in the first place. They enjoy seeing people rage due to their behaviour and absolutely love it when they get banned as a result. Like I said, there is no point in being rude at people. It only ruins your reputation(Well, if you don't care about reputation, then this won't matter to you.) and gives you a high chance of being chat banned. You would probobly know that chat ban also means that you can't send radio messages in game or ping the map. That can be very frustrating at times, so I advise you to keep out from being contiunously chat banned. It WILL end up in a permanent ban eventually and from that point, you are done.

I've already replaced all the hotkeys so nothing even pops up, as those system messages keep popping up whenever i misclick in-game. Its funny how in even older games like Runescape, their admins at least know to allow system messages for muted players. But here its part of it lol. I just go solo when i'm muted, so meh. Not my loss anyway that my team won't hear it.

You're implying that it's only a choice between informing and derogation. However, you can inform someone that he's an idi*t for doing something as foolish as running away halfway during a 2v2. Why would you even speak nicely to such people? How many players have you met that just hide behind a wall even when the enemy is reloading after shooting a teammate? How many suiciders have you met that never bother to look at line ups and just rush down the MT lane? How many players have you met that shoot 5 shots in a row and miss all of them? How many players have you met that don't know where to go and end up being Dora the Explorer? Why would anybody after thousands of games, even entertain these people nicely. There are only 2 options, scold on the spot or don't even bother. No one's gonna teach them patiently. If they cannot learn through criticism, then too bad for them. Keep doing 40%. 

I'm totally fine with people shouting and hurling insults in game at each other. Chat Ban is part of life!

What i'm not fine with is the multitudes of AFKERS and TROLLS who don't get anything done to them!

How can WG keep accounts that have 200+ inactivity reports seriously? How hard is it to siphon them out based on it, and just delete their accounts? 

Jumper919029291 #13 Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5154 battles

View PostBANGED, on 01 August 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

I've already replaced all the hotkeys so nothing even pops up, as those system messages keep popping up whenever i misclick in-game. Its funny how in even older games like Runescape, their admins at least know to allow system messages for muted players. But here its part of it lol. I just go solo when i'm muted, so meh. Not my loss anyway that my team won't hear it.

You're implying that it's only a choice between informing and derogation. However, you can inform someone that he's an idi*t for doing something as foolish as running away halfway during a 2v2. Why would you even speak nicely to such people? How many players have you met that just hide behind a wall even when the enemy is reloading after shooting a teammate? How many suiciders have you met that never bother to look at line ups and just rush down the MT lane? How many players have you met that shoot 5 shots in a row and miss all of them? How many players have you met that don't know where to go and end up being Dora the Explorer? Why would anybody after thousands of games, even entertain these people nicely. There are only 2 options, scold on the spot or don't even bother. No one's gonna teach them patiently. If they cannot learn through criticism, then too bad for them. Keep doing 40%. 

I'm totally fine with people shouting and hurling insults in game at each other. Chat Ban is part of life!

What i'm not fine with is the multitudes of AFKERS and TROLLS who don't get anything done to them!

How can WG keep accounts that have 200+ inactivity reports seriously? How hard is it to siphon them out based on it, and just delete their accounts? 

This is actually a reroll and I have played over 10k battles before. That means, I have already encountered numerous amounts of those kinds of players. In fact, I saw a player in an SU-122-44 on our team on most of his health 1v1 with an enemy T-43 with almost no health just yesterday. In conclusion, we lost. Why? Because, that SU player fired 6 shots and missed 5 of them and bounced 1 at POINT BLANK RANGE. The T-43 was literally at the end of the SU's gun barrel. As I said before, I would rather not even bother typing anything into the chat. Players like that are obviously trolling(I am sure that even a new player won't perform as bad as that.) and they want our attention. For the sake of not getting banned and raging out, I would just stay quiet. There is no point in giving those trolls what they want. Such actions will only lead to motivating them even more to do so.

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!

K4t4 #14 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

Corporal

• 31082 battles
  • [BKK]

Would be nice, if player can privately ban another player fro their MM.  just like you blacklist in chat.

What is mean is, once you implement your own private ban, you will never see that player any of your game MM.  However, that person still able to play with other player who has not ban him or her.  So you can avoid being in game with particular undesirable player.  Community can keep player can pick their own MM environment.  You can avoid troll and noobs also noobs can avoid pro.  Just particular person may not like to play with you.

I believe that will also create a super complicate MM and quit long waiting time when player are low.  Still i would love that, hate having troll and noobs in same team, make rather pointless playing.

__ForGlory__ #15 Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

Corporal

• 3304 battles

View PostK4t4, on 01 August 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

Would be nice, if player can privately ban another player fro their MM.  just like you blacklist in chat.

What is mean is, once you implement your own private ban, you will never see that player any of your game MM.  However, that person still able to play with other player who has not ban him or her.  So you can avoid being in game with particular undesirable player.  Community can keep player can pick their own MM environment.  You can avoid troll and noobs also noobs can avoid pro.  Just particular person may not like to play with you.

I believe that will also create a super complicate MM and quit long waiting time when player are low.  Still i would love that, hate having troll and noobs in same team, make rather pointless playing.

That would play havoc with the MM on a massively deteriorating playerbase in Asia as it is.

Players would just keep blocking anyone better than them - leaving the better players with no one to play lol

FireRadical #16 Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:58 PM

Sergeant

• 17262 battles

View Post__ForGlory__, on 02 August 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

That would play havoc with the MM on a massively deteriorating playerbase in Asia as it is.

Players would just keep blocking anyone better than them - leaving the better players with no one to play lol

I agree. I mean going forward with update 5.1 still got a fall in number of online players on average. And to everyone who got banned/muted just because u were rude to an annoying or irritating player. I suggest u ignore them and play. Learn to have some patience jeez. Just 3-7 mins of having an annoying person (unless hes a troll who blocks u and all) is something u guys should be able to handle.

Good luck on the battlefield! May RNGesus be with you.

From your average mate,

FireRadical

K4t4 #17 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:25 AM

Corporal

• 31082 battles
  • [BKK]

View Post__ForGlory__, on 02 August 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

Indubitably, MM would be massively complicate and waiting time will take forever.  Just want to put a idea out there.  

View PostFireRadical, on 02 August 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

I agree. I mean going forward with update 5.1 still got a fall in number of online players on average. And to everyone who got banned/muted just because u were rude to an annoying or irritating player. I suggest u ignore them and play. Learn to have some patience jeez. Just 3-7 mins of having an annoying person (unless hes a troll who blocks u and all) is something u guys should be able to handle.

You did pick on the most alarming issue i am concerning.  I did plot some rough graph for avg. player on line, base on blitzstar data, with the constance decline of 2-4% monthly of players. Within 20-24 months we can be looking at 2000 players at peak in asia server.  However, once it drop below 4000 at peak, i believe the decline rate will be more drastic.  Strangely RU sever sees the most drop in players.  This game need a growth of 5-8% monthly to maintain health server not conceding the lost players.  I really want to know is why new player give up and why old player left.

Gandalf__Greyhame #18 Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]
In the interest of all players if you want I can ask a friend to run an experiment on one of his accounts to see how much time it takes to get banned :great:

Dangerous_when_Sober #19 Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:31 AM

Captain

• 61598 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 03 August 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

In the interest of all players if you want I can ask a friend to run an experiment on one of his accounts to see how much time it takes to get banned :great:

No dont. 

ZIGZAGZ #20 Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:49 AM

Sergeant

• 23839 battles
  • [KILLS]

I did my own experiment.

In my EU account, i gained 121 negative reports of unsporting conduct. ZERO ban. Its useless.

And in my Asia account today, i ran a quick one last night and today morning, From 6 provocative comms report on my honour since the last ban, i've gained another 4 more in the last 24 hours, to make 10.

And i got CHAT BANNED for 3 days. 

See. Only provocative comms is met with action. No punishment for Unsporting Conduct, and i daresay Inactivity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users